Delivery.com Employee Reviews

No promise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
Initially upon employment, it appears that this company is a great entity to work for as they have the "startup appeal" and the look of a close knit community. But then you start to notice that is always on the phones (even during the hands on meetings) and you begin to wonder why certain promises do not add up.

The customer service department is managed poorly. You are informed that this is temp to perm and that "you can become perm" within 3 months. Very untrue. You will not become permanent unless you are then for nearly 1 1/2 to 2 years. And after earning 24k a year for that long of a period, it can be frustrating dealing with empty promises, no medical benefits, no change of schedule, manadatory work on holidays, overtime only when you are needed, being trained by whomever is chosen to train you at that time (and that said person can be possibly fired at any given point) being cursed out daily by customers for issue that you cannot control, *never* receiving a review of your performances to understand where you are, managers who *appear* to be on your side then trash you in meetings (that you are never apart of). The company implemented a "customer service rep of the month" incentive program and the managers cannot provide information what a person can do to qualify for it.

Sadly, the manager of the day shift was quoted of saying "The reason that the reps are treated in such manner is because if they were better workers...they would not be working here."
Pros
Every month you are given credit to purchase great expensive local fast food
Cons
Working here.
Front Office Manger
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Coordinate work schedules 6+ employees for all shifts
Analyzed operational and management reports
Managed housing application and evaluation process
Coordinating work schedules.
co- worker talented
Electronics hardware QA tester, dir (Current Employee) –  nyJanuary 30, 2015
very talented team- management needed to utilize and cultivate those skills and use them to build an empire. Company needed senior advisers but let lower management drive even though they lacked the experience and or time on the job.
Pros
talented co-workers
Cons
decisions made by lower mgt was not always on target
chaotic work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Systems do not work effectively. Hours are long and no chance to change your hours
Productive and relaxing environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
Great comfortable start up company with decent management.
Learned a great deal about customer service, and website management.
Pros
Free lunches, laid back atmosphere
Cons
Compensation on the low side
Relaxing comfortable job
Data Entry Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2014
I was able to do this job at home, which was a big deal for me. If I could find something as good as this I would definitely jump at it. Working at my own pace on my own time was very relieving and beneficial to my family. The hardest part of this job was the discipline needed to get your work done properly and on time each week. Putting it off to the last minute wasn't an option, nor would it have been a good idea for anyone.
Pros
Saved so much without transportation and outside lunch.
Cons
I worked with this company through a temp agency and was done quickly
Qa Engineer
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YOrkJuly 8, 2013
Great nourishing enviornment to hone your QA skills. Customer Experience very interactive, to understand and triage defects accordingly.
Great Place to Work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my day is when a customer feels that I've helped make their day a little brighter
Great Product, Management Unorganized + Very Big Ego's
New York, NY (Former Employee) –  Customer Service RepNovember 4, 2011
Til this day I am grateful for the job, because it allowed me to further expand my management skills and also learn how to handle difficult customers on the phone. It also allowed me the chance to practice my writing (when writing to customers).

Overall the place is very unorganized and there are too many with ego's that will always prevent the business from moving forward. The executives only care about profit instead of improving their site to provide a quality service. There were many complaints + glitches yet all they would worry about is gaining new customers & promotion. A lot of employees come from Temp Agencies, that is why the employee turn around is so high, if hired on staff, the benefits are decent, a bit pricey.

Overall the place will allow you to progress personally (Customer Service, Writing, etc.) but too much worrying about job security while not providing the best Customer Service because nothing is being done to improve it.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
constant fear of being fired, difficult to advance or get raise, no quality control, low employee moral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delivery.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7