Dell Secureworks Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
Most managers are willing to work with employees to figure out how to give them the time they need to be effective. That being said it seems to be hard to advance in this company. They ask for volunteers for management but do not seem to take them or they promise members will get management postions and don't. It also seems that our pay is lower then industry standard..
Revenue and Billing Manger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
See "star" rating above. A typical work day is consumed with responding to email from internal team member. The workplace has a diverse culture of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team.
Pros
Having the opportunity to train staff to be effective and efficient in their duties.
Cons
No work / life balance.
Decent to start your career in IT Security
Information Security Advisor- Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2017
Decent environment to start a career in the cybersecurity industry. Stuck in antiquated corporate frame - not much room to be creative and grow from a personal perspective.
Pros
1 week of for Christmas
Cons
Micromanagement
Excellent Corporate Culture
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 6, 2017
Dell SecurWorks has an excellent corporate culture. Everyone, including management, is supportive and willing to help. There are pleent of opportunities for career growth.
Great learning environment
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
I've been with the company for almost 2 years, there are lots of team players willing to help you accomplish your career goals. The benefits and company culture are some of the best around. Pay is a little below market at this time.
Pros
Work from home, free coffee, free breakfast.
Disposable
Network Security Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
People are disposable in this organization. Money counts, people do not. When the company "Went Public", the reception was luke warm at best. The company eliminated people to realize a short term apparent gain in financial standing to show investors. Basically "Kill the slaves to make the food supply appear larger".

Sad little company.
Pros
A lot of potential
Cons
Potential is not realized
Company is not stable, waste of time
Sr. Business Systems Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2017
They lied from the beginning with promise to go permanent then had us sign sheets so we can't sue them Not stable, turnover rate extremely high, uncertain about future, every one in my group was fired at the end of the project. Company was not what I expected I didn't earn my college degree to be nervous about employment. This company's good days are behind them. I passed up good jobs to hold on to this one
Pros
great resources, great co-workers
Cons
no job security at all
Decent. Not Great.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 29, 2017
Having trouble defining value proposition. Needs to learn how to listen to clients and stay ahead of the game if desires to continue to grow. Unstable ecosystem as part of newly-minted Dell Technologies family.
Great Environment
Information Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
• Managed forecasts, pipelines and predictability for revenue achievement on a daily basis. Provide comprehensive support for entire partner portfolio to ensure high satisfaction and portfolio growth.
• Ensure complete resolution from clients directly as well as partner escalations from minor to fairly complex throughout the sales cycle process.
• Exceeded sales quota goals month over month by no less than 115% for FY 17.
• Maintained an in depth knowledge of CAN Capitals product offerings and services to ensure a smooth transaction from start to finish.
• Assessed contracts for credit submission through approval process, communicate under writers findings to partners, review financials and enforce credit policies, report fraud/security risks to fraud department for further escalation.
Nice Area
Firewall Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
It was a very nice area to work in. I worked on a contract there and havent has any bad experience. Great work environment and great people to work with.
Secureworks
Sr. Security Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
This job when I started was amazing. After they acquired a few companies their ethics because questionable. Management care not for the lives of their employees and do what they need to cover their own actions. The culture is ok, and the hardest part of the job is dealing with management and long thankless hours.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Staying
Great work environment
Information Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
We reach out to prospect for new clients as well as satisfying any new needs from existing clients.

We work within a strong team that has devised plans in order to succeed
Great middle management
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2017
My manager make my job enjoyable. Great mentor.
My client is a large bank and they can be mean and difficult but my manager and team makes it easier to deal with
Pros
Great boss
Cons
upper magmt. is clueless
Great company
SOC Network Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to work. If you're trying to get into information security, it's a great place to start your career and has great benefits and ability for advancement.
Fulltime - Security Services Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 3, 2016
Rather not say, I have nothing good to say in relation to this organization. Hopefully things get better over time as the company grows.
Leading global provider of intelligence-driven information security solutions
In House Counsel (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2016
Leading global provider of intelligence-driven information security solutions focused on protecting clients from cyber-attacks by providing an integrated approach that delivers a broad
portfolio of information security solutions to organizations of varying size and complexity
Difficult work environment
LEAD UI/UX DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2016
While my time at Secureworks I was part of the Dell acquisition. It resulted in a small company becoming to big to fast and created a difficult work environment. The computer systems were updated with Dell equipment that had so much bloatware and locked down that as developers we could not do our jobs. The management was disconnected and only looked out for themselves. In the end my entire development team left the organization.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, Dell acquisition
Great Culture
System Engineer - Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
Excellent culture, and a leadership with strong ideas of where to take the company. Company has a start-up feel, but has a big corporate backing.
Dell SecureWorks
Security Awareness Training, Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
DSWRX is an excellent place to work with competitive benefits and salary, an excellent culture and ample opportunity for growth.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Infosec "Service Delivery Executive" (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAOctober 22, 2015
I am highly engaged with clients each day to ensure that we are not only meeting but exceeding their service deliverables. I work with a team of about 15-20 individuals in very similar roles and we are all from different backgrounds and expertise but we use our skillsets to help each other to learn and improve on how we can better serve our clients. My job changes everyday as expected with threat actors taking different measures to infiltrate clients but in turn it is a great learning experience that helps me to grow with an indispensable amount of knowledge in the area of information security.