Dell Secureworks

Dell Secureworks Employee Reviews

Great People Work Here
Accounts Receivable Manager / Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2015
While I was at SecureWorks, I felt like I was working with a great team of people that were all very driven to exceed in what they did.
Good Place Overall
Security Operations Center Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great growth, talent, opportunity
Cons: Short breaks, more work than we can handle honestly, poor people management, low pay that top dogs don't intend to address for now.
No huge complaints. The growth is too much for the support to handle, but they are at least trying. It can be very taxing at times however. Great place to learn and move about if you are looking for that "comfy" position.
Positive, recommened
Project Security Engineering (Current Employee), remoteApril 2, 2015
Pros: being gainfully employed
Cons: none
I can neither confirm nor deny at this time. A question about what I think is a respectful company that I would recommend to anyone, and have even recuriteed fellow peers to work for.
Productive and fun place.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 19, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Dell SecureWorks. The workplace is friendly and seniors are always ready to help. The work is properly divided among the team members in order to meet the deadlines.
Learning opportunity
Contract Administrator, GPC (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2014
Significant increase in sales contracts administration and complete processing of all agreements: • Typical contracts include Master, Consulting, Reseller, Referral, Software Licensing, Security Services Agreements, Statements of Work (SOW), Change Requests, Renewals, Exchanges, Additions and Cancellations.
Consulted for them at a Retail Location
Security Systems Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Richfield MN.December 16, 2014
Pros: nice cafe, flexible hours
Cons: working in the basement
My onsite manager was great. The rest of the management folks above him weren't so interested in us since we were not in Atlanta. The onsite location was good in general but very mismanaged by the local directors.
OK company
Sr Security Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
This company has very poor worklife balance. Be sure to work a lot .
A company where only failures are notices
Productive, Challenging, Developmental
Network Security Analyst (Current Employee), Sandy Springs, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, good culture, good location, good management, internal mobility
Cons: shift work, very high workload
I started as an intern and have worked my way (with a lot of help from my managers and coworkers) up to a Network Security Analyst with the Health and Infrastructure team in our Security Operations Center. The workload is very high and the job is demanding, but the culture is great and the management is awesome.
Good place to work and learn new technologies.
Network Security Advisor (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 26, 2014
Dell SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 3,600 customers worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong customer service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, Dell SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine’s “Best Managed Security Service” award and Frost & Sullivan’s North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Customer Value Leadership Award, among others.
A great place to work
Security Systems Sr. Advisor (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: na
A great place to work, joined back in 11/10, ever since have been involved in many great projects, improving my information security skills as well as some other important ones. Overall I'll consider myself a team player and goal seeker.
Great place to expand your experience
Senior security analyst (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: will learn to manage many platforms in short time.
Cons: management relationship with staff is poor
Great place to work if you want to get familiar with many platforms. Very intelligent staff. A lot of people had some issues with management not communicating well with staff regarding a lot of expectations that only came to light during staff review. Ultimately many of the staff received less then satisfactory reviews. To the best of my knowledge an effort was made to correct this going forward but no reversal for consequences of these reviews including decreased or denied bonus and raises.
Also be ready to put aside a bit of your personal life. They have recently started to require 1 new certification per year but do not give you any study time. You will need to do this for homework.
It was a solid team environment.
Accounting Sr. Analyst / Revenue Accountant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: telecommuting twice a week.
Cons: some processes could be slow because of the size of the company.
In my department, the in-times were flexible as long a solid work day was put in.
Management was always willing to make time for teaching, assisting, and resolving issues.
I learned more tips on MS Excel and used Great Plains accounting software daily.
Nice people but lacks management skills
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: salary, people.
Cons: management
People at Dell are nice people to work with, but the management doesn't seem to find time to manage.
Small company in big behemoth
FIELD SALES ENGINEER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2013
More mature culture there today. This company grew very quickly, but more and more of the strategic decisions are coming out of Round Rock.
Used to be great
Sr. Principal Solutions and Management Consultant (Former Employee), RemoteJuly 14, 2013
Pros: none since feb 2011
Cons: *.*
Not anymore, the mix between Dell and Secureworks proved to conclude in a very low quality result. From a mature management focused on quality it became superficial management focused on volume with no regards to quality or care for customer experience.
Great environment, great people
Security Specialist for Large Enterprise (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch sometimes, work remotely (from home occastionally
Cons: na
Pounding the phones to prospect for new business.
Learned several different stages about complex sales cycles.
Hardest part of the job, is also the most rewarding - being consultative and solution selling to assist customers with their current needs.
Good advancement opportunities
Network Security Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 11, 2013
Dell SecureWorks is a good place to work because there are many opportunities for growth and advancement.

Dell SecureWorks feels like working for a small company even though you're part of a large multinational in Dell.