Dell

Laptop and Desktop Support
Desktop Support Group (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Worked on Latitude Laptops and OptiPlex Desktops
Annual Dell Certifications Necessary and Provided
Co-workers are always ready to help and maintain close
communications.
First IT company that followed through with the alleged yearly bonus
Capacity Analyst, Performance Analyst (Current Employee), worked from homeFebruary 23, 2015
First IT company that followed through with the alleged yearly bonus that I have worked for. Now privately held, Dell is not bound by the quarterly profit expectations and can now have a longer term view on planning.
Dope
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Loved dell loved the peple loved the experience, great job all in all and overall wish that I couldve kept that job for a lifetime
Love the culture at Dell
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 19, 2015
The best thing about Dell is the culture and the people who work there. Everybody works with everybody else, sharing knowledge and assets. As a Dell Employee the benefits were good and the pay was fair. As a Contractor at Dell there were no benefits and the pay was good.
Very outstanding Company with great Values.
Program Project Management Advisor (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: difficult global reporting lines
DELL provides IT services under contract to Owens & Minor. Great experience working with O&M, an upcoming and growing business. Mixed technology made work more difficult and seperation of IT duties between companies added to difficulty.
Dell offers better than average salaries and flexibility than most other companies in Austin
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: better than average salaries, flexibility (wfh, etc.) and week off at christmas
Cons: frequent change, uninspiring leadership, lack of strategic vision and follow-through, frequent re-orgs
Pros:
- Better than average salaries
- Work/Life flexibility; As long as your job is getting done, many Directors do not fixate on where you're actually getting it done. Also, many team members are located around the globe. Therefore, you could be the only Austin person on your team where it really makes less sense to require you to be in office everyday.

Cons:
- Frequent change. If you have trouble with change or ambiguity, Dell is not the place for you. Many re-orgs. Usually every 18 months - especially in Marketing. And quite often, the re-orgs result in people landing in roles they've never done before, so right about the time they are coming up to speed on how to do it, the org changes again which negatively impacts progress, success and efficiency.
- Current leadership may not have the credibility, trust and strategic muscle to truly be respected and to effectively motivate their teams.
- It is a dynamic environment that moves fast, at least the bulk of the areas. So, need to be comfortable with tight deadlines, little direction, no hand holding and high expectations. Leadership expects you to come with answers, not ask questions.
Good pay, lots of fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2015
Great pay and benefits to start out. You can earn a lot of money and move up quickly. Not necessarily a 8a-5p Monday-Friday job. Can have a bad schedule. Great culture! Lots of fun.
Collaborative environment
MBA Intern, Global Support & Deployment (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Enjoyed my summer internship there. Had the opportunity to speak with senior management and work with everyone to make a valuable recommendation.
Dell is a Great Work Environment
Storage and Migration Consultant (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 12, 2015
Dell management is great and was a fun place to work during the short project. I would recommend Dell to anyone. I was fully impress at the knowledge and flexibility of the work environment.
One of the big 3 PC companies that is reinventing themselves!
Sr. Partner Manager - North America (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: major industry player
Cons: a multi billion dollar company that is now private
Everyone knows who Dell is! Starting with the amazing story of Michael selling PC's out of his dorm room at the University of Texas. All the way to the "just in time" manufacturing processes and direct sales model working with customers.

Dell's next chapter is going to be just as exciting as the first 30 years of the company. Having gone private in November 2013 Dell is transforming into a Channel driving company that has made tremendous progress in just 1 year.

Moving forward it is the competition that once held such a strong position in the channel that is today working to compete with new Dell that is Solutions focused and very aggressively capturing market share in client and enterprise.
Simple but time consuming
material handler (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Built computers for the orders of customers. Hardest thing about the job was the shift I was on and trying to raise a family
Dell used to be a fun place to work and develop
Data Center Solutions (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
There is no fun working at Dell anymore. More work, less pay and no advancement unless you have a manager advocate you. Career advancement is not based on qualifications and skillsets. Only quotas for diversity and favortism. Alot of the current managers have no business being in management or managing people.
Company in Transition
Project Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work from home, benefits, compensation
Cons: low moral, lots of red tape
I used to think Dell was a great place to work. I still do think that overall, but lately it's been hard to be proud to be a Dell employee. The benefits and compensation are really great! The work is very interesting. And I get to work from home most of the time, which is a very nice perk. In the last year I have seen the moral of most employees diminish quickly. And as a PM, it is hard to get work done when people are not motivated. The company is so big that it is also really hard to get through the appropriate channels to get things accomplished. But overall, I have enjoyed my time working at Dell. I have learned a lot and have valued my experiences there.
Was interesting palce to work
CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER II (Current Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: able to work with many intelligent people
Cons: traffic jams and over 2 hour commutes
The Campus was a mix of a hospital and research environment that was always looking to innovate healthcare and technology.

The people that worked here were they type that loved to help people solve problems and enhance the daily lives of everyone
Great company to work for
Customer Service/Question Queue (Former Employee), Nashville, tnFebruary 6, 2015
Management was great! Training was awesome and very interactive. Won customer service rep of the year for like 3 years and rep of the quarter.
Expert Windows Developer End to End
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 5, 2015
• Played the role of a Technical Lead.
• Designed, Developed and Maintained Desktop Authority Product line spanning several releases.
• Designed strict Lockdown of Internet configuration and Local Account Management for effective security.
• Independently Enhanced and Maintained Desktop Authority USB/Port Security product to better control access to Peripheral Devices.
• Enhanced Configuration, Diagnostic, Build Tools and Installers.
• Performed significant research and Analysis on how to solve new product requirements and translate them into Functional and Design specifications.
• Provided solutions to deal with usability, performance, scalability, security, compliance and security vulnerabilities.
• Helped and guided the team to solve challenging/critical issues faced from time to time.
• Performed design and code reviews of several components from time to time.
• Delivered consistently with desired quality in a time bound manner while working on multiple things.
• Employed Agile methodologies, Communicated & Collaborated effectively with R&D, QA, PM and Tech Support.
• Proposed great ideas for innovation
• Enhance and Maintain K2000 deployment product.
Desktop Authority Skills: C, C++, VC++, C#, Win32, STL, MFC, ASP.Net, WPF, WCF, ADO.Net, COM/DCOM, XML, WinInet, NamedPipes, WebServices, OpenSSL, Cryptography, FIPS 140-2, Compression, Kernel Device Drivers, WMI, MAPI, VBA, Active Directory, Group Policies, Interfacing with Hardware Devices, WinDBG, Design Patterns, Multithreading, Virtualization, User Workspace Management, Installshield11.5/2013,IIS, NetFramework1.1-4.0, SQLServer2005/2008, WinXP/2K/2K3/Vista/7/8/2K8/2K12.
K2000 Skills: PHP, FreeBSD 7.2, VBScript, Shell Scripting, UEFI, Pre-boot, MySQL, Windows XP to 2K12
Fun work place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 4, 2015
I worked 7-4, 8-5, 7:30-4:30. Your schedule is determined by how well you rank among your other sales representative. You receive calls from customers all over the U.S. It in bounding
BPO Customer Service - Telephone
Sr Customer Service Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TexasFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great folks to work with
Cons: communication from management at times
Enjoyed each day speaking to our client/members. Learned every day was different. Management was very supportive. Loved all the people I worked with. We were a team even though we were divided by state. My hardest part of the job was lack of communication at times from management. Every day was a joy to be a work, the calls from our members, the associates, the information we shared with each other. Starting early and finishing early every day. The traffic was great going and coming home.
A great place to work and wonderful people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake City, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: cramped spaces
When I started at Dell I was afraid it would be an uncomfortable work environment but it was anything but that, Management and Human Resources was wonderful. They care about every employee and really wanted us to learn about the company. My job was to make sure that the customers understood the terms and conditions of their contract. When I left Dell I not only left with job experience but I left with more confidence in myself and learned the value of working as a team,
Remote work doesn't stop the ability to get things done
Principle Solutions Architect (Current Employee), RemoteFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: work way more then normal work day
Even when you work remote there is a lot of work to be done. Its nice to be able to work with people all over the world to get things done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more