Dell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,776 reviews matching the search
Dell at HPHC
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 2, 2016
Atmosphere at Dell is good. Company offers many benefits to it's employees. Compensation was good along with Per Diem and car rentals. The only thing that needs improvement is the communication between recruiters to provide more truthful and detailed requirements of a project. If remote job opportunity is not an option the employee should not be informed that this is an option prior to the job offer.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Travel requirements not kept
Dell,inc
Senior Selenium Tester (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2016
The project deals both Automation and Regression Testing on the Dell Online Stores, Worked on (US, UAE, China, Thailand, Russia) stores that including, Web page layouts, Device display, Payment methods, Delivery address validations, Email notifications, Product Delivery, Pick up devices process. Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort
Fun and interesting work
Technical Support (Tri-lingual) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2016
Customer Service Representative handling tech support for Brazilian clients

I learned the how to handle the technology and support of various products.

Management was very helpful, attentive and motivating.

Coworkers were friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was learning new skills, but I did learn them with the help of managers and coworkers. It was also difficult to get used to sitting at a computer all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Great employees and management
Cons
Sitting at computer all day
Enjoy Work Environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR - DEPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2016
typical day -Greeting all co-workers and management team 'good morning'
learned - a new 'tip' from one of the software applications we manipulate each day
management - making sure all assigned tasks are handled earliest convenience for the needs of the business
co-workers - when they don't come to work and additional workload need to be completed
hardest - when our server machines are not working properly and all executions......drag through the day
enjoyable - staying focused and completing a good days workload
Pros
Potluck Breakfast and lunches
Cons
when we have to participate in 'fire drills'
Excellent Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX USApril 24, 2016
I have been at Dell for 3 years now and I have been set up for success every step of the way. The team I am on and the workgroup I am in has been a wonderful learning experience which allowed me to gain all necessary tools and skills to develop myself even further. Work to life balance has been perfect at Dell; never had I had an issue with over working. The most challenging part of my current role is gaining the right amount of platforms for my team to validate on time. We split the workload up between 3 regions to deal with the lack of hardware throughout the regions. My co-workers have all been outstanding and extremely supportive; couldn't ask for a better team. I have learned to deal with ambiguity and track things more efficiently.
I have mixed emotions
Acct Implementation Spec/Enrollment Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 6, 2016
While Dell is an ok company to work for ( I haven't been employed with them very long) this is not a position I would have applied for willingly. My job at BCBSRI was outsourced so I had to take this job or be left unemployed. I wish I would have come to the company under other circumstances and with the Corporate Dell and not Dell Services.
Pros
Free coffee and free parking
Cons
Expensive benefits (compared to what I was paying) and horrible worklife balance
good times are good, bad times are bad
Technical Sales Representative II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2016
I've worked at Dell for almost 2 years and the company definitely has it's upsides. I learned a lot from the company, but the training is lacking. It's sink or swim and very difficult to advance and be promoted. Management does it's best to help, but the large company roadblocks make it difficult.
Pros
Free Lunches, Offsites, Work From Home
Cons
High Stress, Lots of Responsibility with no training or help
Good old Dell
Architect (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
Dell has moved into a direction of sales and client engagement. Moving away from technology and services is a bit of a let down from my point of view.

Working with clients and sales staff is fast and competitive. Which is a nice change from the dull days stuck in the lab.
Pros
Great lunch choices and demonstrations of new products.
Cons
silo environments, constant project changes, technology driven by non-technical project managers.
Professional and forward looking place to work
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2016
I am a Dell contractor posted at a federal facility so I did not work day to day at Dell. However, I was in constant email communication with Dell management and got a strong sense of the company culture and direction. Work for Dell at the CDC was rewarding, professional, Dell management was responsive and engaged and overall the working experience is very rewarding
Pros
Progressive, professional and forward looking
Cons
You do not feel wholelistically part of Dell as a contractor
Great co-workers, lousy managers.
Contractor, Deal Registration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 28, 2016
Been here almost 2 years as a temp to perm contractor. Still waiting to become a permanent dell badged employee(as promised) so I can get a real salary with benefits. Same corporate atmosphere as before, it's all about who you know. If you don't have a buddy who's a manager or director it's gonna be hard moving up the ladder.
Pros
working remote, good co-workers
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no chance for advancement
Same but different
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
Dell wants you to be with them for the long term. They appear to want seasoned sales professionals that are able to quickly adapt to customers needs and upcoming technologies.

Corporate wise Dell is run very lean with very little flexibility in expense reports and salary increases. If you do not move positions in Dell you will not be able to move up in compensation.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Salary Growth
eBusiness Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
Great work/life balance and compensation/benefits. Last few years, job mobility has been limited by freezes and advancement is complicated especially at the senior levels. Recent privatization and merger with EMC impacting job security as Dell looks to reduce costs.
Pros
Work life/balance, flexible working arrangements, great people
Cons
Job security/advancement, future uncertainty
Good Work environment and interactive team
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 17, 2016
very good team to work with, We can work many areas of software development. But Need to complete the job in time. I have learned lot of things in just few months.co-workers are very co-operative and knowledgeable. The hardest part is understanding the product stack and solving issues related to production.
Pros
job culture, Work balance
Cons
health care
Soso
Project Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2016
Established compatibility with third party software products by developing logistics for modification and integration.
● Implemented complex Internet and Intranet applications on multiple platforms.
● Coordinated with systems partners to finalize designs and confirm requirements.
● Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes and patch sets for existing applications.
Summary
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 1, 2016
Dell Inc. is an American privately owned multinational computer Technology Company that develops, sells, repairs and supports computers and related products and services. The application consists of a web application and a toolbar that facilitates easy access and management of all your information including web searches, bookmarks, files, notes, and more. The application also enables the user to manage information across contexts and provides work-space to store all the information which is accessible both in online and offline mode
Great environment to expand your skillset
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 23, 2016
My coworkers are fantastic. The facilities are pretty depressing but that not consistent with all the buildings. Learning the inner workings of Dell is the biggest mountain to climb.
Pros
Excellent collaboration and team culture
Cons
Certain areas of management lack foresight and are as stubborn as donkeys, salary is not aligned with industry standard
Fun place to work with several career growth opportunities
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 29, 2016
Dell has taught me how to successfully manage and run a business. We work on a daily basis to ensure the growth and success of our business as we growth with our customers. We have inspiring leaders and management who push us to do our best every day.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
fluctation of pay rates and commission payout
Growing company
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 2, 2016
Dell has been growing since I joined the company. After some minor hick ups, Dell did two things: went private, and decided to buy EMC. Both of these decisions were good ones in my opinion. Time will tell.

Lots of work to do in IT, and engineering. Dell needs to allot more training dollars to their budget.

Budgets are the worst thing about Dell, with process being a close second.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Process, advancement
great place to work
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 17, 2016
Dell rewards people who are self-motivated and entrepreneurial. To that end, micro management seems frowned upon. My manager tells me he works for me, to provide whatever help I need while I run my business the way I need to. This sort of thing seems to be coming from the top. The company is very well run since it went private. Lots of new products coming out all the time. Great marketing. And obviously it doesn't hurt when you call a customer and they know who Dell is. Due to the EMC acquisition there has been some belt tightening but overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
exiting time to be there
Cons
cost cutting as of late
Great people
Inside Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2016
There is not enough transparency into the numbers given out that directly pertain to the sales makers attainment. Reporting is consistently incorrect yet one is to have faith that they are being paid properly. Anytime you ask management for clarity, it gets pushed to the back burner and no answer/resolution is every given.
Cons
you are just a number