Dell
1,701 reviews

Dell Employee Reviews

tedious
Conus (Former Employee), austinMay 28, 2015
this job was very stress full though the money was good hours were not at all manditory over time left less time for my family and my other business ventures
Typical Manufacturing Work
Material Handler (Former Employee), AustinMay 27, 2015
Dell was very enjoyable to work at. Good management and flexible with employee needs outside the business. The facility shutdown shortly after my departure and moved to Ohio.
Below standard pay
Support Engineer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: A paycheck
Cons: Poor health care, poor wages, no job security
There is no job security. We will be told one day that we are performing well, then told a few days later that some positions were eliminated, but that there won't be more cuts, then a few weeks later, more cuts.

They claim "meritocracy" as their structure, but with the highest rating possible on a review, salary increases were 1-2 percent.
Senior Analyst Dispatcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 26, 2015
Great working place.
I have learned a lot in there.
Schedule is good..
Great working place.
I have learned a lot in there.
Good plaxe to work
TABLEAU DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 26, 2015
Very good place to work, friendly co-workers.good management, set manageable dead lines. We can learn a lot of things here
Work life balance company
Small Business Account Manager (Former Employee), BrazilMay 25, 2015
During my time at Dell I was able to learn and live the real work life balance experience. Dell believes that each employee should be satisfied with his or her job. I had all the support that I need to improve my skills and direct my career.
Good benefits, requires a lot
Knowledge Management Sr Advisor (Project Manager) (Former Employee), Austin, TexasMay 20, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: odd hours, lots of overtime
Dell has excellent pay and benefits, but expect to work hard and put in some long hours. The opportunities to move around and progress in your career are out there, but they also have a yearly 'purge' which means job security is challenged on a yearly basis. Management is good and bad. I had excellent managers there who 'had my back' and believed in developing me and supporting me. Other managers just didn't do that.
They promote work-life balance in several ways, one of which included the opportunity to work remotely. Working from home was a nice perk since I worked with team members around the world, and sometimes had 6 am meetings, and at other times i had 10 pm meetings (sometimes on the same day). The odd hours were easier to deal with when i was remote.
Ambition is definitely desired. Managers are required to have regular career discussions and if an employee is happy in their current role and doesn't show a desire to move up the ladder or progress otherwise, this is frowned upon.
Productive and well managed
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Dell was an excellent first job to be able to develop skills and advance my knowledge in the technology arena. Trainers trained very well to support the product and L2 had answers for hard problems quickly
not the place i wanted to be
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
Pros: ummm NONE
Cons: everything
They lie, fire and lie again when you try to get a reference. I jsut wish i had never gone there.
Learend hwp to cheat and steal from Boeing
hardest part of the job was being there
Fast pace, positively challending work environment
Partner Marketing Manager (Current Employee), AusitnMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good compensation package, flexible work environment
Cons: Long hours, no life-work balance
Great environment to grow a successful career. The biggest start up in the world offering opportunities to make a difference and drive personal success. The drive to grow is contagious.
Claims examiner
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 17, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Dell. How to resolve problems quickly and efficiently. I also learned that everyone on the floor is responsible for the attitude and morale of the agents on the floor. It is important to have a positive outlook.
productive
NET Developer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Good Company overall
Domestic and International Software Sales (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 15, 2015
Dell is a good company overall an offers some challenging work assignments. I was exposed to many different products and services.
Great Cafe, walking areas and people.
Channel Partner Development Advisor (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMay 13, 2015
Great Company. Not sure about being hired full-time. Go by head count. Had big layoff. A lot of people work from home which is great, but a lot of wasted space.
Fun place to work
Dell Senior Associate (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Relax environment
Cons: Long hours
Great environment. Managers are really personable. Co-workers are all down to earth. There are TV's all over the office playing SportsCenter all day.
Client Services
Senior Client Advisor/ Service Lines IS Director (Current Employee), Coral Springs FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: compensation and management
Cons: stability
Contracts with client can be cancelled at any point by client without cause. Executive turnover on the client end can affect employment based on client's decisions and constant change of importance. Stability is the on the Service end of Dell.
Good company culture
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 12, 2015
Good company culture. I like the level of diversity displayed during my daily interactions. Benefits are good I suppose, as I have never compared to similar companies. Work life balance if pretty good.
Sitting on the wrong side of the fence
Sr. Business Support Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Convienent Startbucks vendor in every building, great training, a lot of assistance if you are having issues with a case or work tast, certain team leads and managers are fun however they are not your actual manager.
Cons: Micro-Managing, Need a grace period to clocking in due to their football field size parking lots and large campus, workplace discrimnation between temporary staff and permanent employees, inconsistency with managment
I loved my position and the duties of my role however the staffing agency of Dell seriously needs to change before there is a case against them. There is A LOT of workplace discrimination between the temporary agents to the permanent employees. Permanent employees can be tardy, not adhere to their schedules, wear whatever they please and do however they please including their cell phones. However if you're a temp you cannot be a minute late, you're under a microscope 24/7, if you even breathe wrong they will either call you in for a meeting or end your assignment. Coming from Apple where we were all one and treated equal with that family feeling as well as great open feedback sadly that is not the same for Dell. The temporary staff management does not listen to feedback but feels that you are attacking someone else and feels you should just keep your head down and mouth shut. I learned a lot in the short time I was with Dell however I feel their management needs to improve drastically!
a great place to work at
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 9, 2015
typical day was from 8-5 monday through friday. i learned how to wipe pc's clean and re-install a clean operating system and install all programs that user needed
Operations Manager I (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 8, 2015
Excellent culture, Dell respects your work life balance. Dell also respects your individuality and gives you plenty of room to grow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more

Dell Salaries