Dell
1,313 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

Very difficult to advance due to job structure
Level 2 Technician (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 1, 2014
I take calls for Tenet Hospitals, Remote in to the PC's to repair Java issues and scanning issues.
Managers are not very supportive.
The most enjoyable p[art of my job is resolving issues for my end users.
Very dynamic with some good ideas
Software and Peripherals Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2014
Had a strong desire to try and do right by the customer, but the upper management seemed to change their strategy every few weeks. While very nimble, it seemed there wasn't any clear and consistent direction. Major changes would happen every quarter with circling back to the previous setup around 4-5 quarters later.
Great place for gaining experience
(Contractor) (Former Employee), TexasAugust 27, 2014
Dell is a great learning experience with various travel and work at home positions the compensation package is some what slack but the weekly Per-Diem is a great addition to compensate your benefit package.

but beware you will be black listed from future assignments due to professionalism or refusal of an assignment regardless of the circumstance.
Self Improvement
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: bland future
I have improved throughly in my face to face business sales.
Stressful
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 23, 2014
Pros: its a job.
Cons: less than average benefits, horrible work atmosphere, no support from management
You spend your day answering phones and helping customers and agent's offices with their issues. You are screamed at, cussed at and deal with angry people all day. You have help from leads who are very good and helpful. Management is more concerned with how long you are in the restroom than how good of a job you are doing helping the customer. The other – more... staff you work with are nice people and make it bearable. The hardest part of the job is the feeling of being unappreciated. As an example, they had a fish game and we were told to participate and we would earn something for all of the fish bucks we got, so I did. No one ever did anything with them, I still have all of them in my desk. There is no reward for a job well done. The most enjoyable part of the job is just the satisfaction you get from really being able to help someone. – less
great place to work
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: got laid off
everyone was happy to be there. the equipment was is great shape, a lot to learn and work on,
fun work place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 22, 2014
Fun very high energy place to work for. n/a The company wasn't the best but the coaches were very helpful
Terrible place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDAugust 20, 2014
Hated every minute of the year I worked there. Only room for advancement if you have a friendly attitude.
Great Job with Great Product
FINANCIAL SELLS REP (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: holiday schedule.
A. Arrive about 20 minutes before starting time
B. Log in to computer and phones
C. Check sound quality and computer speeds
D. Take first call
E. Listen to customer needs, address needs, provide solution to needs, listen for feedback, address objections, close sale.
F. Repeat the process.

Hardest part of job was knowing that manager may be on the line – more... with you and not being able to close the sale. I learned to present product as a need and not a want, how to overcome objections, and how to have a strong close. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to a variety of individuals with needs unique to them, and supplying that need. Co-workers were outstanding. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Regulatory Label Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
Until Dell outsourced manufacturing to other companies, it was a pleasure and privilege to work there.
It's all about who you know.
Operations Data Analyst/L2 - Dell Client Services (Former Employee), Round RockAugust 13, 2014
Enjoyed the job and the people the first few years but over time it became apparent that you are just a badge number.
good work/life balance
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee), Canton, MAAugust 12, 2014
Cons: layoff
great group of employees to work with.
good work/life balance
Fun and informative workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 12, 2014
Overall great place to work. Was able to learn and expand my knowledge or the overall IT world. On a typical day at Dell I would be managing my internal team and making sure that everything is fully satisfying for all my customers and their needs.
Dell
Technical Support Help Desk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lunch cafeteria
Cons: alot of calls
It was a fun atmoshere. Had a work out room, gaming rooms, basketball court. They kept the moral up and thats why i liked them. We took about 100 calls per day and stayed real busy asisting users with reseting passwords and usernames
Excellent opportunities to learn and grow as an IT professional.
Technical Support Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2014
It is an inbound call center, but don't turn your nose up just because it is a call center.

Benefits are great, I am not sure if I am allowed to go in depth, but they rock.

On an average year you will spend at least 6 weeks or more in training.

Co-workers can be a give or take. It is a huge place you will get along with some; others you will have – more... to "play nice."

Management seems to be very interested in creating a good culture and keeping moral up. They are also very interested in getting you trained and promoted. – less
Great opportunities in many directions at Dell
Resolution Manager (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 9, 2014
Dell provided me with an entry level phone technician job to help customers with their enterprise server systems during failures. While there Dell continued to provide training opportunities in just about any Enterprise technology that is available. I chose to focus on servers and operating systems but at the same time was focused on working to the – more... next level.

I then moved into team lead roles of Dell's Silver, Mainstream, High Complexity Microsoft and then Platinum teams. From there I advanced into a Technical Account Manager position where I managed large Enterprise technical accounts. From there I moved into my current position as a Resolution Manager handling escalations across most all Enterprise and client products sold by Dell.

The experience at Dell has been very fulfilling. I have developed, through Dell's help, a broad and effective skill set ranging from technical troubleshooting to negotiation skills as well as communication both verbal and written. Dell has provided the means to gain several important certifications within the industry including Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, and ITIL.

The atmosphere at Dell is very friendly and edifying but professional at all times, even when fun is to be had... I have developed many strong professional and personal friendships there.

The focus is always that the customer is first. It is amazing to see the day in and day out amazing collaborative efforts across the people and teams within Dell to achieve the end goal with the customer which is essentially ensuring that they remain a partner for life.

Through my time at Dell I gained experience using multiple CRM's, and a good portion of the Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint and Publisher.

Management has always been focused at not just improving my current work experience and effectiveness but they focus on my career path to help me find my best places within Dell. I have consistent one one ones as well as skip-level one on ones with management where I am offered the opportunity to get deeper insights into the business both current and future. In these meetings I participate in the process of improving myself professionally and to focus on future opportunities. So far I have not been disappointed with any manager and I have had many in my 11 years with the company.

The hardest and then again it also can be the most enjoyable part of my job are the escalations I work on. No doubt it can be pressing and quite stressful to have a job where no one comes to you when things are working as they should. When things fail in a customer's environment and when the costs are great I am brought in to make sure that resolution is achieved in a manner that satisfies the customer. Having a lot of people depend on you as such can be pressing at times but when issues are resolved and the customer is happy as what happens most if not close all of the time that is where the enjoyment of the job is realized. – less
Enjoyable work
TRI LINGUAL GLOBAL COMMAND CENTER ANALIST (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: the compensation / benefits are great.
Cons: management
Dell is a wonderful company to work. I really enjoyed working there.
The compensation / Benefits are great.
Challenging, not always in a positive way, place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TexasAugust 8, 2014
Pros: on-site gym, health clinic and cafeterias.
Cons: constant reorganizations.
Work at Dell is challenging and support organizations are resource constrained making resolution of customer issues difficult to accomplish in a timely manner. However, there are many good leaders at Dell and I was fortunate to work with and for caring and inspiring leaders.
Computer Techician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2014
Enjoyed the fast paced work environment that was performance based. I was able to choose my shift due to excellent performance
Good place to work in tech suppport
Enterprise Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2014
Pros: potlucks, discounts, benefits
Cons: change of schedule on a whim
At work we sit at our desks and answer phones and support end users. I learned the ability to fix problems by remote and how to be a better troubleshooter. Management has pretty good approaches to things and they are easy to talk to. I love my co-workers there very friendly. Hardest part of the job is figuring out what to do with tickets and the high – more... stress of a call center. Most enjoyable is they let me have time off to pursue my development skills. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more