Dell Employee Reviews

Found 3,190 reviews matching the search
Nice place to work
Software Development Lead, Application Services (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 26, 2017
Great work culture. The only problem I faced some of the decision makers at offshore. Onsite work culture was excellent but offshore was not so great.
Great Company!
IT Project Management Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
Great Company - Smart people - innovative. Great work life atmosphere. Support systems and growth opportunities are visible in each department - if you know the right people.
Not Without Challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 25, 2017
The company has not experienced growth in it's product portfolio which creates a difficult work climate. There is a great deal of headcount turnover which creates a lot of extra work.
Leader in cost effective IT
Director, Business Service Management (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2017
Dell pushed the industry to deliver cost effective solutions. The hectic pace was driven by quarterly results which adds to the excitement and stress.
Pros
Agile organization
Cons
Lack of long term strategy and investments
More work but no compensation
Training Leader (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 25, 2017
The motto at Dell is to gain as much experience as possible by having more responsibilities added to your plate without even a small bump in pay. It is expected that you work around the clock - especially if you are in a global role.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Cheap company
Work from home
Designated Support Engineer II (DSE) (Former Employee) –  Remote, worked from homeMay 25, 2017
Working from home was great, just like the customers. Management was not the best. They did not provide a solid direction, on how to progress within EMC2
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Managment not seeing the big picture
Dell has no soul
Account Executive III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
I spent 20 years at Dell but NEVER felt any type of job security feeling of contentment. If you're in sales at Dell it's not a matter of if but when you will be downsized out the door. I enjoyed my job and was good at it but no matter. Over the years I've watched this sad occurrence happen to hundreds of my friends and co-workers. Doesn't matter if you're hitting quota or not. Dell is a company that manages it's employees by spreadsheet, not quality or tenure. The more money you make and the longer you've been there the bigger the target on your back. Everything is about saving money and this is done in every way possible. If your job can be sent to Panama or India to save money, you're gone. And there is NO effort to find another job for you internally. There are no longer stock options or an employee stock purchase plan. The benefits plans are not very good compared to other companies but continue to go up in price. One good thing is that management is a revolving door so if you don't like your manager then you should have a different one soon. The problem is that the new one is likely to be much worse since training is non existent.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Read my review
Energetic workplace.
Associate Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 24, 2017
Great training program that helps all those involved really gain a firm grasp of the complex technology, and also helps to drive home why they are valuable to customers.
EMC was a great place; Dell, not quite
Engineering Manager - Software Development (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 24, 2017
EMC was a great place; Dell, not quite. Layoffs are frequent, no RSUs, etc (since privately held); not enough Long Term Incentive either. Not a great place to work..
Good
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2017
If you are lucky and get the right account set it will be a great career. There are many ups and downs based on the current market. There is plenty of busy work they will have you to do.
Successful company with winning culture
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 22, 2017
Face paced and results oriented environment with a great work/life balance. Career training also a top priority to prepare employees for advancement in their careers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked around and I really liked working on computers and electronics. Only reason I left was because I was 21 and someone talked me into going to work for FDOC
Pros
Great people
Cons
Na
all sorts of stuff learned
Employee (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 21, 2017
I worked at dell 8 years and learned lots of stuff from them. they provided training and i learned a lot from my peers also. In dealing with customers i developed a lot of useful skills.
Professional and fun atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 19, 2017
Working for Dell is a great experience, they provide excellent paid training that help you tremendously before going on the floor. The atmosphere is casual but appropriate attire. Every customer service representative have there own work station that is not shared, you can decorate and make it your own. The only thing I wish was better is the pay. It's not bad, but it could a little more.
Awful company that purposefully made working there difficult
Call Center Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 19, 2017
Never have I worked for a company that purposefully put team members at each other's throats, threatened employees on a daily basis, and changed an employee's schedule in the middle of a shift. Awful work environment, awful management, awful company.
Pros
I found a better job
Cons
I stayed too long
Dell software sales was a great experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 19, 2017
A well known company with a casual work environment. Dell was very flexible with scheduling. If you liked coming in early, you could work the 7am until 4pm shift. If there were a lot of personal responsibilities (kids, pets, transportation, etc.) you would request the 9am until 6pm shift. GREAT insurance and you were allowed vacation time, as long as there was available coverage.
Pros
Constant education on products & competition.
Cons
The software division depended too much on the success of the hardware division.
Great place to develop while in your career
Technical Training Sr. Advisor (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 19, 2017
Dell offered many great opportunities to develop your professional skill set while advancing with your career. It was up to the individuals to pursue it.
Exhausting and a waste of time
Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2017
I started with this company a year and a half ago, and no one knew what was going on. Since it was new, it made sense that there would be a "learning curve", and the expectation was that it would all get figured out. I have now been working there for a year and a half, and nothing - NOTHING - has improved.

For one of the largest tech companies in this hemisphere, their IT department is a joke. I have no certifications or anything noteworthy, and even I have taught THE IT DEPARTMENT how to do their job on occasion.

The management structure is unfortunate, because the ones in power don't care about what problems you're having with any systems you use, "just make sure you meet your quota". Which is impossible to do when the system is broken, and the IT department is, again, a joke.

My advice is to disregard this company in its entirety.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, broken system
Great fast paced work enviroment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCMay 18, 2017
WORK EXPERIENCE
EMC Corporation
● Gained proficiency with SAP R3 manufacturing module as part of daily work routine
● Assembled, configured and tested storage systems, built storage systems to EMC’s
manufacturing standards
● Worked in Final Storage System Assembly and Isilon Cell at the Apex Manufacturing Plant
Pros
40 hours a week
A day at Dell
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 18, 2017
Working for Dell was fast paced and stressful but the leadership was on point. Everyone was helpful and the team work was important. Training was always available, but time was a problem. Overall, a good solid company to work for.
Pros
Management and team work
Cons
Working life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.