Dell
1,442 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

Great salary and perks
IT Project Manager - Dell IT (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 21, 2014
Dell has a great culture and is a great place to work. The layoffs are frequent however and can be nerve wracking. Great management teams.
a good opportunity
IT Technician (Former Employee), round rockNovember 20, 2014
I would say it's a good opportunity to get a tradeWhere you can experience a work force that fits your needs and wants.
great diverse atmosphere
Messaging Support Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 20, 2014
My team was great. People of all culture got alone and worked together to resolve issues.
Fun place to work
Graduate Software Intern (Former Employee), Roundrock, TexasNovember 19, 2014
Typical day is very constructive at Dell. I have learnt a lot working with the team at Cisco. The management was good and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was owning a complete component and working on it. The most enjoyable part was having flexible timing
Fast-paced corporate environment
Asset Management Lead - Hyatt Hotels (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 19, 2014
Must be able to work independently. My job requires that I define and complete my own work objectives. The ability to assess, analyze, and come up with process and service level improvements is a given.

The only people that have ever been successful in this environment are those that are flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity. You've got to think – more... out-of-the-box and find ways to get more done with less resources than you feel are needed.

These are great people and I've made many friends over the years I've worked here. It will be difficult to move on.

The best part of the job is the freedom to define your day-to-day activities and use your own judgment about priorities. I appreciate the trust placed in my abilities - and it encourages me to perform above and beyond expectations.

It might be difficult for people who are used to micro-management and constant feedback. (There's not a lot of daily oversight) It could be a challenge for those that do not enjoy working remotely - if your assignment calls for that. – less
Productive and very challenging workplace
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: team builders, lunches, and product education.
Cons: micro managers
Any person can succeed at Dell Computers if they are willing to work, listen and learn. In my view Dell is a cutting edge company with many opportunities.
A typical day as a Dell sales person is filled with meetings, phone calls and emails.
The hardest part of the job is staying current with information and product knowledge. You must keep Sales-Force – more... up to date and your emails current. People are waiting to hear back from you and time is of the essence. Your entire group relies on up to date info in Sales-Force. Therefore to be successful in this company it is imperative that you learn how to keep the inside communication flowing while you follow up with customers and get the necessary product training.
The most enjoyable part of this job has to be the people. The best people in the world work at Dell. – less
Good work life balance
Software Dev Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 18, 2014
Work goes at slow pace. Private company so less perks. Hiring old people.
GREAT EMPLOYER
SENIOR PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Salem, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: you have a job to provide for yourself and/or family
Loved working for Dell, unfortunately there was a huge layoff and the company closed. They had everything you could ever need as an employee working long hours. Good food, internet access, and access to a nurse in the building. This job provided me with many new manufacturing processes that I've taken a much deeper interest in career-wise.
Dell
Claims Processor II (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 15, 2014
Met alot of good people - but it was a contracted job that could end at anytime
Energentic place to work with great and caring management
Field Services Technical Analyst - Team Lead (Current Employee), Lexington, MANovember 14, 2014
Pros: great management, great team.
Cons: long drive to work.
I truly enjoy going to work each day - not many people can say that. No two days are like the others and the work is challenging. Management is great and understanding, especially with work/life balance. I manage an amazing team of 15 technicians who do a great job day in and day out.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Reston, VANovember 13, 2014
co-workers are awesome, but because Dell went private, there were a lot of structural changes, many people were let go, felt very unstable. overall great place.
Job Security and could complete several Business Process improvements Programmes.
Team lead (Current Employee), Mount Juliet, TNNovember 10, 2014
Pros: freedom of introducing ideas
Cons: normaly breakfast and lunch with all the managers.
I was really fortunate to have experience in leading different departments and could perform beyond expectation, resulted special awards from two of the directors in Dell Computer Inc. Led two kaizen projects.
Best job ever and never worked so hard. Would do it all over again.
General Manager (Former Employee), NYC, Austin, LondonNovember 10, 2014
Pros: price advantage, high quailty, big coporation that was nimble, compensation was excellent
Cons: 80-90 hour weeks, high pressure environment
Dell in the mid 90's had a direct B2B model that was difficult for competitors to emulate. Great quality product that saved customers 20+% over over competitors.
Productive and responsive work environment.
Technical Helpdesk Respresentative (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 7, 2014
worked with a small close team for a 24/7 hospital technical helpdesk. Information readily available and we always made sure to everyone was up to date on anything new we learned.

Call center was made up of pods of dedicated teams to accounts for different hospitals and schools.

Environment was always upheld and management is very proactive in ensuring – more... so.

Very flexible when it came to schedules especially when it came to school. – less
A Day At Dell
Oracle Middleware Support Engineer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: lots of stuff to learn
Cons: managment
Worked my butt off and loved the work I did. I learned a lot about Dell servers, project management and business process.
Management at the time was reactive and not proactive. They never wanted to spend money or upgrade until a major system failed, then we worked night and day resolving issues and pulling client servers off the assembly line to fix – more... issues that were discussed months before.
I had great team members that worked hard to help resolve issues created by management. We all worked together to make management look good.
Management was the hardest part of the job.
My co-workers were the best and I am still in contact with many of them. – less
flexibility and great company to work for.
Senior QA Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility, great team work
Cons: long hours working with teams all over the world
Dell is fantastic company to work for. I had younger kids when I started and having flexibility of working from home really helped when my kids got sick. The management team always supported the family values.
Productive and comfortable workspace, a great place to learn with growth opportunity
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 4, 2014
Worked in the Large Institutions Finance department analyzing $93 million of misaligned revenue to correct quotas and revenue reporting by 6.2%. I had a great opportunity to work on my networking skills along with learning how large corporations worked from the inside out. The work environment was the most accommodating I could have helped for; very – more... relaxed and easy going, while still putting emphasis on productivity. I believe this atmosphere helped everyone in the company thrive due to the flexibility and freedom it provided. The hardest part of the job was learning the inner workings of the company due to the fact that there was so much to learn, but everyone was very willing to help me as I got my feet on the ground. – less
Great work culture
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TxNovember 4, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: confusing processes
Great company to work for. Dell is very focused on the future. Unfortunately, current head count reductions makes this place seem a bit unstable for some.
Innovative environment. Allowed to make things happen or sit back and wish you had made something happen!
IT Senior Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TxNovember 3, 2014
Pros: team building, voluteering and traveling international
Cons: long hours
Days are never typical but yet exciting. Many conference calls with global teams so an early morning or a late night meeting is common. I learned so much at this company that it is difficult to summarize them all. However, the technical skills and the people management skills gained are absolutely top. My co-workers are great as I instill respect and – more... in-turn I get respect. With that respect comes a great working relationship. It is a bit difficult to shift paradigms without completing the one that you have invested 80% of your time nourishing but I simply adapt and do what is best for the company. I thoroughly enjoy working with people of all talents, I love to travel for work as you gain a clear perspective of what your global team challenges may be and how cultural differences can impact your working relationship. To work with a team of individuals who "care" and are dedicated to delivering successful, effective, efficient projects makes it all worthwhile. – less
The best
Distribution Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Winston Salem,NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the dell team
Cons: they left nc
I loved everything about working at Dell. I learned how to manage people and get the job done. the hardest part was going home. everyone work together for the most part and had fun doing it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more