Dell

1.8K reviews

Dell Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging on a daily basis.
Order Processing/Sales (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Working with a pretty good team.
Cons: System goes down and not being able to provide my Customer's with the information they needed.
Providing an accurate and timely response to my Customer's requests for quotes and purchases. Everyday was a good day when I could keep my turnaround time on same day. The hardest part of the job was when Customer's needing a quote and the server was down and not being able to provide them with the quote.
HCA
IT Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
Great work environment and focus on technology. I would encourage anyone to work with HCA, they treat their employees great.
Bias work environment, not much room for advancement
Solutions Readiness Consultant/Program Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: People you work with on the variety of jobs
Cons: Lack of loyalty, advancement, pay, and job incentives
16 years at Dell with an ever changing environment. Few good leaders, but a lot of micro-managers with little to no job knowledge in the organization area they cover. Top level has a plan but the individual mangers underneath this high level are doing their own things not in line with company goals. Typical work day is 8 to 5 or 7 with plenty of busy work, that could be improved on. Processes are behind the times, but legacy folks will not get rid of outdated tools. Management could be reduced, due to over abundance of management levels. Too many middle-men/women, not enough workers for the work. My co-workers were exceptional people doing whatever it took to get things done, with little reward and not looking for it. Our success meant company success, so we were good with that alone. The hardest part of the job was the great uncertainty on whether you were going to have a job or not as the goals of the company changed or the reorganization into new groups took place. No one had an idea what was going on, then you did not have a job at the end of the day. The explanations were weak and no loyalty to the people who stayed to see and help the company move from public to private. The most enjoyable part of my job was the non-management employees I met and built relationships with over my 16 years at Dell Inc, and the worst was the selfish management and lack of loyalty this company shows to its employees.
Agressive and challenging work place
System Engineering Consultant (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, experience and input is appreciated.
Cons: If you let it, it can work you to the bones.
Highly challenging work place. If one is willing to put in the effort, possibilities for personal advancement exist. I have been able to continually advance my job skills and positions.

The teams I have worked on (HP Nonstop support) have always been "one off" from the other teams at Dell, which has allowed me to learn and support many aspects of IT (operations, engineering, vendor and process management, etc.), that are not available to many of the employees with rigid functional responsibilities.

Support of processes take up a good deal of one's time. The best part of the company is the people.
Challenging but rewarding work
Talent Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 25, 2015
Great client to work with, quick turn around but low pay rates. The environment is very laid back easy going managers. The only negative is low pay rates other then that a great place to work.
free food at work
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TexasAugust 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: too much hours working not see family time etc
working there for long time so hardly remember what it was like and lot of people to meet and culutre and some are good people and bad
Big Corporate
Data Center Ops Analyst (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: training resources available
Cons: corporate middle management
If you love being one of a million then DELL is for you. Don't expect much of a personal experience from Dell Management. Are you ready to be outsourced?
Dell great company to work for
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 18, 2015
Dell bought out alienware few years back but was great to work in that environment till they closed Miami facility. delt from bread board to voip on the communication side while handling critical first response calls
A nice place to work and grow
Desk side Support Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work is like every other day just get busy
So many things i have learned, training and certifications
The management are good
I have a very nice and best co-workers in world
The hardest part is when you lack patient because you have to be patient to best serve your clients
The most enjoyable is meeting people everyday
Great Job
Contractor (Former Employee), DepotAugust 17, 2015
Pros: working with a great company
Cons: its was a month job
Great Job wish they had a full time position. but it was great working there. the project manger was a great was down to earth but always wanted the job done right.
Contractor
Dell/Lenovo Warranty Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2015
IT technician, company I contracted for was great. I enjoyed working for them. My co-workers were also great and very friendly.
Dell
Dell Pro Support (Current Employee), Round RockAugust 13, 2015
Working at Dell is great. Enjoy working with my team members and coworkers to strive for one goal . management is great working with Luan and Archer has been a great experience. Hardest part of the job is the customers.
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great work life balance
Cons: Heavy work loads
Quality work place environment and work life balance. Advancement opportunities are good, however, there is a stigma attached that says in order to make the high dollar figures you have to leave and come back.
A Career worth holding on to...
Inside Sales Software Product Specialist (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Catered food, awesome team builders
Cons: frequent lay offs
This was the company that challenged me daily to become all I could be. I felt so much growth, everyday was a learning experience and the people were like a family with so much support and interest in helping each person reach attainable goals and achieve each one at great lengths. Awesome time management oriented which allowed us to manage our own personal direction in where we saw ourselves for future possibilities "our destiny" within Dell Inc. The only downside is the turnover, you never knew if you would be next to be laid off, and looking at all your fellow team mates whom have been super stars and still laid off due to Company downsizing or department closing. It could be a bit stressful, but the pay made the stress worth fighting to be kept on another year..... and the team builders and catering of food on a regular basis was phenomenal!
Fun environment just dependent on who you worked with.
consumer sales (Former Employee), round rock txAugust 12, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and lunch on days with high call volumes
Cons: maagement was not good, nor was job security
My manager was not a good manager because he would lie, and argue with agents, and basically did not practice what he was trying to teach us. Heard many complaints about things he would do from other agents but other then that is a great company to work for.
Good work place
Program Manager, Global Configuration Services (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Work from Home
Cons: Work odd hours
Aggressive work place and sometimes need to work odd hours.
People are friendly and nice to work with.compensation is as par with industry,
Exciting Culture
Software and Peripheral Sr Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Exposure to latest technologies, ground floor input on new technologies and business practices
Cons: A lot time invested in projects that fell thru the cracks or was never enforced after implemented
Many great ideas just not much follow up on them after implemetatiom. I loved the partnership model that allowed me to work with other companies like Oracle , VMware and Microsoft directly.
Productive fun place to work.
Cloud Services and Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Round Rock, TxAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Lots of free food.
Cons: Poor leadership towards the end of my tender there.
I was able to get a lot of training and a certification. Work from home was available. Most of my leadership was great. I enjoyed the job and the people.
Very exciting place to learn!
Sr. Solution Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 6, 2015
My day-to-day responsibilities included: supporting the sales team by providing technical support throughout the sales cycle. This will include preparation of labor quotes, written scope statements, bill of materials, and technical check lists, as well as frequent customer site meetings and conference calls. Responsibilities include a mix of inside and outside pre-sale support activities. Assistance with project coordination and regular interaction with the engineering staff and third party vendors to help ensure successful engagements.
Good Company, Excellent team environment. Work from home flexibility.
Database Sr. Advisor (Current Employee), RemoteAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Remote Work
Cons: None
Good Company,
Excellent team environment.
Work from home flexibility.
Great team.