Dell Employee Reviews

Found 3,522 reviews matching the search
Fast paced, competitive, rewarding
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Dell is a great environment, very competitive but good camaraderie. In order to be successful, someone needs to deliver results, innovate or participate in new projects and have strong relationships.
Pros
Good benefits
One of the best companies I've ever worked for!
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 22, 2017
NTT Data acquired my division of Dell or I would still be there. EXCELLENT company culture! From day one the people I worked with were professional and welcoming.
Pros
Flexibility & excellent training
Cons
Bit of a silo effect. Communication wasn't always effective.
awful
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MASeptember 22, 2017
How can you keep someone as a contractor for over 3 years, i have NEVER endured that kind of treatment in my life.

This was a great place to work, learn and the culture was amazing at first, then to many changes happened.

before we were bought out they should have thought about hoe it would affect everyone.
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Competetive salary, great people, flexible workschedule. Interesting work, advancement opportunities. Great location. Diverse environment , supportive
Sap sd emc
SAP SD Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 22, 2017
I worked for EMC projects in US for about 3 years and it is having lot of potential for learning and having lot of scope for enhancements and developments.
Wonderful job out of college
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Got solid work experience working for Dell. The management were helpful and wanted to see me excel at my job function. Fun environment working with like minded individuals.
Pros
Free lunches, free software training
Cons
cut throat
Known for developing strong leaders
Services Delivery Management- Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Although the workload can be pretty heavy at times, it was rewarding to know your work was appreciated and given recognition.

I had amazing managers, that all had strong business acumen.
And my managers were always willing to work with you on career/role advancement.
Pros
Salary, health benefits
Cons
Hefty workloads
My work made it into all Dell x86 products.
Contract Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2017
No chance for conversion to full-time. Was working on my own forever. Worked on UEFI BIOS Diagnostics. All work completed was used in pre-load image for desktop, laptops, servers, diagnostics partition, also used in manufacturing.
Pros
Had a job in UEFI BIOS.
Cons
Wished we would have done more straight UEFI instead of native BIOS.
Great Culture
HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I believe that Dell is a great company headed in a great direction. Dell has great benefits. You will have the opportunity to advance. I absolutely loved when I was an employee and felt valued.
Pros
Work From Home, Great leadership
Dell is a good company to work for.
Software Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Dell is a good company to work for. Good benefits too. work hour is flexible. depending on your job, you may need to work on evening hours and on weekends sometimes.
Dell merger has been negative
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 21, 2017
Was fairly happy at EMC prior to the Dell merger, but since then (~OCT 2016) things changed pretty fast for the worst. Within ~8 months my entire org was basically 'restructured', tons of layoffs all the way up the management chain. Lots of corporate BS about new plans & directions but didn't end well for my entire org.
My team and I have since been laid-off. While the severance package was great, it was a very disappointing end to what was a pretty positive work experience overall...
Pros
Great competitive benefits and pay
Cons
Typical big company, can be very slow-paced at times, little job security
Dell is a Great Place to work
Senior Project Program Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock TexasSeptember 20, 2017
If you love technology and a challenging yet enriching environment, Dell is the place for you. Aside from Benefits, the company offers you a very enriching environment with a very strong culture that drives prosperity and healthy competition.
EMC review
Senior Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Mostly chaotic work schedules including standby schedule for break/fix activities. The service management always took the side of the sales teams if issues came up at customer sites.
Sorry I took this job!
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeSeptember 20, 2017
I left a perfectly good and secure job for a job at Dell because of future job opportunities promised that never happened. Ended up on a month long project with horrible training only to be laid off unexpectedly.
Work/life balance is great
Sofware Devolpmemt Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The work/life balance at Dell (in IT) is great. But there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for growth and technology adoption does not happen as quickly as it should. Lots of bureaucracy, not the best looking workplace, and there are no typical technology company benefits e.g. free coffee, snacks, etc.
Great company
Database Administration - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great work - life balance. Lots of opportunities to learn and excel. In my experience you are valued based on what your bring to the table.
Pros
Work-life balance, competitive salary, Great people.
Very Good Place To work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Had a great manager who made it fun to come to work. Helped me build my territory from last to second. Another company who views its employees as 'resource" instead of bodies.
Productive fun place to work
Senior Technical Strategic Advisor-NTT Data (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The company has great benefits and culture. Compensation from commissions and bonuses can be an issue however so make sure you understand completely what you are getting compensated on and how much you are entitled to earn.
Pros
Benefits, Salary and People
Cons
Commission Discrepancies, Bonuses are not black and white
Good company and above average benefits.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MASeptember 18, 2017
Big company with many different departments and business units.
Good place for new college graduate to start. Seems to have many opportunities to move around. Good company but uncertain on job security.
Pros
Big company
Cons
job insecure
not bad
SENIOR SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
its fine place to work not great though. Managment are not that good and the company doesn't help or support job transfer or in case you want to relocate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval