Dell Employee Reviews

Found 2,992 reviews matching the search
Great place to work for
Call center specialist (Former Employee) –  San Salvador, ESAMarch 23, 2017
This was my first call center experience related job, which i developed serious of skills providing customer service in an inbound and outbound calls environment,

managed sales and technical support as well as building rapports and conducting bussineses
A fantastic start and a great place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 22, 2017
I worked here orignally under PerotSystems when Dell bought it out. It was my first job and has a special place in my heart. Great people, fun atmosphere, and really overall good opportunity.

Advancement can be tough in some roles, but just keep pushing and helping and they can move you when the need arises. Great resources for training as well.
What I have learned
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2017
Dell was a great place to work, and I loved learning over my tenure. The most challenging thing I learned at Dell was to sell something someone has not seen, or had a chance to evaluate. That continues all the way up to my current position building racks for data centers. The environment allows you to take ownership of your career, and advance as your skills grow. There are great mentor programs, and people willing to make your career path/dreams a reality.
Pros
Work Like Balance
Cons
Reduction in workforce activities
Fun Work environment/Low Compensation
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2017
Compensation is low for the work load you are expected to handle. There is very high turn over. Management does not do a great job of delegating tasks. Good starter job but would not recommend for the long term.
Just a great place to work
Federal Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2017
A great company to work for been here for almost for 4 years. I have learned a great deal here. But I know that i am worth more base off knowledge i have learned over the past 4 years
It's a really great place to work once you find your niche.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2017
I loved working for Dell, if it wasn't for a bad career move I'd still be working there. It's said that you often have to leave to come back at what you're worth but great company, great people. Access to a gym and the cafe has lots of great options.
Pros
Cafe, time off, people are like family
Cons
Changes have made movement almost impossible in some areas.
Great experience and team work
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Langley, VAMarch 20, 2017
We have meetings every morning to be aware of issues pending. On a typical day I visit all my job sites to perform preventative maintenance on all Dell SAN arrays.I had the opportunity to work with very knowledgeable individuals and had a great team.I wouldn't say there was anything hard about the job just challenges to overcome when sometimes you have issues that take a few days to resolve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with and the contribution I made. I held a TS/SCI job for almost 10 years.
Pros
Being able to work at different sites day to day
Cons
Not being able to utilize all the technology that exists today because nature of the work
Work life balanced, slow pace.
Principal Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 20, 2017
The management is loose, work/life can be balanced pretty well. People connect in the small cycles, if you're not in the cycle, can be hard to play the game... work pace is slow, people are not quality driven
Large company with perks
Business Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2017
Hard work can pay off in this environment but it also takes skills and time management to be successful. It can be high pressured but the rewards pay off.
Gobbled by a bigger fish
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2017
Worked at EMC before the merger and can notice the changes Dell has added to the work place. Unstable case volume and changes in work structure which leaves often at times confusion on case management
Pros
snacks and soda
Cons
hard to advance and become noticed
Great place to Work
Senior Engineer Disk Storage (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2017
Dell is a great place to work. Though, it is tough to keep up with all the certifications you need to have these days.
I came into Dell as a L2 Customer Service Rep, and left as a Senior Engineer/ Analyst for Disk Storage.
Dell offers many opportunities to employees regardless of their backgrounds if they prove they are competent
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 19, 2017
At the time I left Dell, I was burned out. I made a career change. In retrospect, it is a company I would not mind working at again. If you were a good employee with a good work ethic, so many opportunities were available. They offered great benefits.
Pros
Many job opportunities
Cons
Issues with work/life balance at times
Very outgoing and competitive company
Emerging Technology Specialist (Account Manager) (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 19, 2017
-Unbelievable sales training program
-Very competitive day to day structure
-Tests and classroom sessions are given weekly
-Strict management structure
-Learned a great deal in IT sales
Excellent work environment with even better people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 19, 2017
I worked as a manager for EMC over the space of a two years. In that time, I cam to love the company atmosphere, the employees, and the compensation.
Pros
Nice Cafe, great building
Cons
unsubsidized food.
Excellent company but work/life balance can be hard to maintain
Senior Accounting Advisor (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 17, 2017
A company with excellent pay and benefits; however, the expectations are high. This can lead to an undesirable work/life balance. Can be a really good company to work for if you good a good manager and you have the correct expectations of what will be expected of you.
Pros
Pay & benefits, career advancement is possible but competition is tough
Cons
Work/life balance
Interesting technologies and opportunities
Director, InfoArchive Solutions (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMarch 17, 2017
I worked at Dell EMC. I had the experience of learning many new technologies and industries. That was the great side of my experience. The company sometimes did not really stick to a strategy long enough and tended to look for the next exciting thing.
Pros
Company gave me a lot of freedom in how I do my job.
Cons
Too many org changes.
Dell emc
Consultant - Partner Management (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2017
Flexible, great work life balance, solid strategy and management, good health care, satisfying and rewarding role. Dell EMC integration strategy is working well.
Pros
As aboe
Cons
Non
ok
Claims Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 17, 2017
this job is a little stressful but good benefits. There is not much opporutunity to grow and branch out! upper management can be a issue as well. Also a little unorganized!
benefits
Cons
short lunches
Christines Review
Dell Technical Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 16, 2017
I had a great opportunity at Dell as a TSR, learned everything I could in 11 weeks and over attained almost every quarter. Only thing I would change is the salary.
Pros
Free Lunch and Work From Home
Cons
Salary
Not applicable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2017
I departed with the company shortly after the EMC acquisition. The people were great to work with and I had a great team. I decided to switch career paths, which led to my departure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.