Dell Employee Reviews

Great job culture
Project and Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Eldorado do Sul, BrazilJanuary 15, 2018
Dell has a great culture. I loved my job.
Fast paced environment.
Competitive environment promoted to be better.
Opportunities to grow.
Flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility, job culture
Workplace Culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 15, 2018
There is a great work life balance. Dell promotes working from home which is nice. However, sometimes the office is very quiet and feels like there are many people leaving the company.
Producive and good place to work
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dell, the people are smart and engaging. The manager was a good listener and allowed team members to take on new projects without a lot of oversight.
Pros
Good management, flexible work hours
Cons
Fast-paced at times
Great Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Very positive experience working here. The culture is very collaborative and helpful. Had an opportunity to work with some great people. Management is accessible and helpful as well.
Great Place to learn Storage technology
Enterprise Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 15, 2018
A good learning environment.

All of the management has only worked for dell out of round rock
so none of them really know the "real world"

All have their MBA's... but nothing else.

As we all know, "people" Solve problems, not company's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No Advancement
Good company but low pay
Client Tech Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2018
Good culture and good time off, but they consistently under pay all their employees. Medical benefits are pretty bad. Until you get up to L3 level, the pay does not compare to other companies.
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
Mediocre pay and medical benefits.
Cannot comment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I do not want to comment negative or positive because everyone has different opinions and I don’t see the value add for providing my experience at dell.
Pros
Great cafes
Cons
Extremely large campus
Great environment
Senior Associate - Client ProSupport (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work. Peers are very supportive, and the actual support is competent and helpful. Plenty of time off, with very understanding manegment.
Volatile environment
Sr Principle DevOps Engineer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJanuary 13, 2018
It is a volatile time at Dell, in particular with the DellEMC side of the company as integration/assimilation is still underway from the acquisition. EMC was know for having great benefits, Dell follows the industry standards and trends more closely.

You can get exposure to some current technologies, as long as the operate in an on-premise private cloud infrastructure. You will not get exposure to the public cloud utilities.

Many parts of the company manage development of projects through agile but are wrapped in a waterfall delivery process.

Management still supports the family first ideals, but the scales are tipping on the work-life balance away from life.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
dwindling work-live balance, dwindling benefits
High Energy
Global Security Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 12, 2018
Dell has changed a lot because of the recent merger with EMC so I do not have much to add as I have been gone from them for many years. I have friends there who love it better than the original Dell company.
too many hands in the pot
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJanuary 12, 2018
too many managers, not enough workers. Cut throat atmosphere within HR, unwilling to find out best person for the job. No communication amongst the workers.
N/a
Senior Analyst Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Good company but with the recent merger between DELL and EMC things seem unstable. There did not seen to a be comprehensive transition plan in place and there seems to be some confusion as to which group has certain responsibilities.
Summary
Business System, Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, NJJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dell. It was not a stressful environment. During my time there I had two excellent managers who were very people oriented and supportive.
Good company, but too much downsizing
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoy my team and my manager, but year after year I fear for my job with annual OPEX cuts and reductions. The benefits are good, but they used to be better. Pay is pretty fair, so no complaints there.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Benefits going down hill
This was a temporary student job
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 10, 2018
I worked for Dell as a campus ambassador on the ASU campus. I engaged with students and faculty at the bookstore to discuss our line of products. I was managed by an off-site team of managers.
Not great if your not in the mothership
Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Dell is overly inward-looking and obsessed with measuring its own effectiveness. Employees don't feel empowered and are discouraged from taking ownership of problems that cross over into other functions. A lot of your time there is spent on "managing up" and creating information solely for the consumption of people who are evaluating your performance and supposedly optimizing operations. Not an innovative company but a stodgy stalwart. Not my cup of tea but for some, a reasonable place to make a living.
Pros
Discounts on Dell's gear (if that's what you like)
Cons
Very bureaucratic
A good place to work with good people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with on a daily basis. I met and worked with lots of people who became friends and I am still in touch with them.

I learned a lot about working with many different groups of people and merging together in a cohesive unit to complete a project.

I worked with people from many different countries delivering supplies, mail and information needed to help them do their jobs.

I think the hardest part of the job was closing the office and leaving the company.
Pros
The closeness of the office to my home
Cons
The distance of the parent company from my office
Different Enviroment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2018
It has been an experience working for a contractor with this company. It was a great experience in their building. They offer great security. The company I am employed with covers call center Health Conector for state od MA.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Contrctors
Wonderful workplace with a lot of perks.
Provider Contracting and Data Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working there. I just didn't like the city I lived in. My supervisor and coworkers are amazing and I miss them terribly! And we had Starbucks.
Pros
Too many to name.
Cons
Short breaks.
SR. PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Culture could foster more software in the solutions. Great people that work there, and they have a genuine interest in making sure you are taken care of socially, mentally and professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.