Dell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,755 reviews matching the search
This was a great opportunity
manager (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCApril 7, 2016
I was truly blessed to be chosen by this company. I most likely learned more here than any other job because i cross trained in so many departments. by the time i was laid off i could: rebuild a cpu from parts, program, use operating systems, and work with servers. This was a life changing experience for me.
Lots of opportunities
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 7, 2016
I've have learned a ton of knowledge, and could keep on going. It does get stressful at times. Vacation is good as well as pay. 401k is vested from day one, as well as vacation and sick time.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Bad management decisions
Technical Architect/Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 7, 2016
No long term visibility.

Change direction at whim.

Programs are over budget and duplicated.

Heavy dependence on contract workforce.

Full time employees don't go extra mile.
good times are good, bad times are bad
Technical Sales Representative II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2016
I've worked at Dell for almost 2 years and the company definitely has it's upsides. I learned a lot from the company, but the training is lacking. It's sink or swim and very difficult to advance and be promoted. Management does it's best to help, but the large company roadblocks make it difficult.
Pros
Free Lunches, Offsites, Work From Home
Cons
High Stress, Lots of Responsibility with no training or help
I have mixed emotions
Acct Implementation Spec/Enrollment Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 6, 2016
While Dell is an ok company to work for ( I haven't been employed with them very long) this is not a position I would have applied for willingly. My job at BCBSRI was outsourced so I had to take this job or be left unemployed. I wish I would have come to the company under other circumstances and with the Corporate Dell and not Dell Services.
Pros
Free coffee and free parking
Cons
Expensive benefits (compared to what I was paying) and horrible worklife balance
Forward looking culture needs to be nurtured
Business Process Improvement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2016
A very friendly atmosphere and employees are respected by all. The area for opportunity is to have some stability in the work place regarding systems of many businesses bough recently
Pros
Allowed to express your views to a certain extent
Cons
Does not have good communication between businesses
A very fast paced work environment.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2016
This job was very fast paced with something to always do. I worked with a diverse group of people from different countries sometimes. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of overtime. I learned a variety of job skills while working there.
Pros
One hour lunches and profit sharing.
Cons
Too much overtime.
Okay place if you need to make money.
Client Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2016
Typical day at work only consisted of sitting at the desk and getting micromanaged the entire time, and sit at the mercy of a customer
Benefits
Cons
Terrible work life balance
contractor
Windows 7 Tech /Printer Installation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2016
I worked as a contractor for Dell at their customer site. through anyone company. Had very little interaction with Dell employees
Weird Job
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2016
I think the main problem with my job here was the management. There was internal conflict, and the management wasn't that great. Shortly after I left the owner left as well of the branch I was at.
Fun place to work with several career growth opportunities
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 29, 2016
Dell has taught me how to successfully manage and run a business. We work on a daily basis to ensure the growth and success of our business as we growth with our customers. We have inspiring leaders and management who push us to do our best every day.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
fluctation of pay rates and commission payout
Professional and forward looking place to work
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2016
I am a Dell contractor posted at a federal facility so I did not work day to day at Dell. However, I was in constant email communication with Dell management and got a strong sense of the company culture and direction. Work for Dell at the CDC was rewarding, professional, Dell management was responsive and engaged and overall the working experience is very rewarding
Pros
Progressive, professional and forward looking
Cons
You do not feel wholelistically part of Dell as a contractor
Productive and fun working place
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
Excellent

Nice place to work.
WFH opportunity will be given.
Management will be help always.
I recommend joining in DELL.
Great co-workers, lousy managers.
Contractor, Deal Registration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 28, 2016
Been here almost 2 years as a temp to perm contractor. Still waiting to become a permanent dell badged employee(as promised) so I can get a real salary with benefits. Same corporate atmosphere as before, it's all about who you know. If you don't have a buddy who's a manager or director it's gonna be hard moving up the ladder.
Pros
working remote, good co-workers
Cons
low pay, no benefits, no chance for advancement
Good Opportunity For Advancement
Inside Product Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 28, 2016
Dell offers good opportunity for advancement. Work life balance is great. However, training is lacking and I do not feel that management has provided me the necessary tools for success.
Great work Place
Enjoyable

Sports and Games
Contractor Position
Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 27, 2016
Contractor position working on utility functions for the S4i Express content management application. There is a possibility of contract to hire after six months.
A Great Place To Grow Your Career and Learn Many Skills!
Inside Sales Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 26, 2016
After working at Dell for three years, I am very pleasantly surprised about how many skills I have acquired since working there. At Dell, we wear an incredible amount of different 'hats.' Because our role is being an account manager, we are often considered to be "the quarterbacks" for our customers. While we do not complete everything that is requested from us alone, it is our job to make sure that it is allocated to the correct people, and ensure that all requests are completed. This job is also very rewarding because you are able to see all of the positive impacts that you have on the organizations that you provide solutions for, and sell products to. Overall, Dell is a great place to work if you are willing to work hard, and if you can think outside of the box effectively.
Pros
Learning Many New Skills In A Brief Period Of Time
Soso
Project Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2016
Established compatibility with third party software products by developing logistics for modification and integration.
● Implemented complex Internet and Intranet applications on multiple platforms.
● Coordinated with systems partners to finalize designs and confirm requirements.
● Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes and patch sets for existing applications.
Disorganized
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075March 24, 2016
Limited work/life balance due to the amount of work. Management doesn't play well together. Great pay if you can deal with the chaos.
The culture is good, nice people to work with.
Pros
Great pay, flexability, work from home opportunities
Cons
Poor management structure