Dell Employee Reviews

Found 3,116 reviews matching the search
It is a pretty good place to work.
System Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 11, 2017
It is a not bad place to work. Workload is OK. But on-call duty is heavy. No overtime pay for on-call duty. The hardest part of the job is the on call.
great place to work
QA Team Lead/ Release Coordinator/Defects Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2017
my career grew leaps and bounds while working for Dell. tons of opportunities if you are not geographically bound. Dell rewards people who are self starters!
Dell/emc
Sr Enterprise Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 10, 2017
Going through a bit of restructuring due to Dell acquiring EMC.
Once things calm down, I would return if given the right opportunity.

Other than that, the best part is the People and the relationships.
Pros
Comeraderie
Cons
Hurry Up and Wait on some matters.
Rather not
Account Service MGMT & Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2017
Typical day very, very slow
Learned that a lot of people play favorites
Management takes care of themselves
Culture was ok team was good
Hardest part was not getting deals that I was supposed to get.
Enjoyable time about the job was my teammates.
Pros
Rather not review.
Cons
Rather not review.
Industry has a Low margin which creates a culture of Cost Optimization
Sales Analytics Director, (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 9, 2017
Cost Optimization comes First, Innovation and Growth comes Second. Leaders are excellent and ensure Work Life is respected.Salaries are above average. Encourages talent rotation
Wonderful Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 9, 2017
Best company I have ever worked for.

Rewarded performance and allowed for company growth.

Great atmosphere.

Great for the environment.

I would go back anytime.
Sweatshop
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 6, 2017
Not enough pay to warrant the workload or treatment from management. Hardest part of the job was walking in to work each morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving each afternoon. Workplace culture consisted of management by threat.
Pros
Cons
Workload and management.
Great for entry level technical grunt workers, not for engineers
Lab Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 6, 2017
I have been working at Dell/EMC for 2.5 years as a Lab Systems Engineer. I started out as a Tech 1 level support engineer, but quickly got a promotion once they saw my capabilities.

After that, the promotions stopped. Raises stopped. This was primarily due to "shifts and organizational changes" because Dell announced their plan to purchase EMC and so all teams were on standby until the merger was completed. After over a year of talks the merger went through. After this, contractors of the LOWEST level were promoted (offered full-time jobs) but engineers such as myself (who were under contract) were not offered full-time positions. They decided to let our contracts run out. Dell (or EMC, not sure who's in charge) is trying to save money wherever possible and the way the company is run in comparison to when it was just EMC is not great.

Managers do not come from an engineering background.

New contractors don't seem to know what an ethernet cable is.

The one saving grace is that everyone was in it together, and all the engineers have a great dynamic and comradery. I did enjoy working on projects, but as metrics became more important than employee satisfaction, we saw people leaving to find brighter/greener pastures.

Overall I wouldn't exchange my experience at Dell/EMC for anything else, but it would have been nice to be appreciated.
Pros
Sometime they have a food truck onsite for lunch, so that's nice.
Cons
Management is clueless, metrics rule every aspect, no employee appreciation
Great people
FRAUD ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 6, 2017
Great people, work life balance was good. I worked from home for 6 years. Not a lot of opportunities to move up. But as a remote employee that is expected.
Challenging Work
Mechanical Engineer/Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
Many hours on conference calls with overseas companies and Dell employees in Asia.

Really enjoyed the challenging work. Dell is very aggressive on the design of their product.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Incentives
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
Assembling Computer Towers was a very productive job learned electronic skills.
Electronic Assembler ( Builder) (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 6, 2017
In this job assigmment i was in the Electronic Assembly Line assembling Computer Towers (12 per hour) Very fast paste job requiring to use mechanical tools making sure of quality control expectations and completing the production goal of 12 Computer towers per hour as required with accuracy.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Fulltime Permanent Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 6, 2017
Dell was a great job when i was there.learn alot about computers.I was a computer builder /shipping.The management an co workers was the best to come into work daily to work with really great people.I do it all over again if i could.
Pros
Money
Awesome Company
TSEI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 5, 2017
As working for the largest computer company, I was so happy.
I was learning so much knowledge at a very fast pace. The work environment was great, working with friends and the relax work place was the best.
Pros
Working for the worlds largest Computer company
Cons
The layoffs
April 6, 2017

We are thrilled to hear you had a positive experience with Dell. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our user community!

Great Management
Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 5, 2017
Management was great and loved working for my team. Work life balance was good with be able to work from home 2 days a week. I had a very long commute so this came in handy.
April 6, 2017

Thanks for your review! So happy to hear that you had a good leadership team and were able t o work from home a couple of days a week!

Okay job
Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
Typical work day involves testing computer or tv components for referral, if components met the requirements send them back on the production floor for packaging.
Dell emc
Medium Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Work life balance was the best I have ever been a part of. Knowledge taken from working there is priceless.
Sr. Client Support Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
Dell is a good place to work. Has good benefits and you can advance quickly. Good bonuses and 401k plan for the team members.
I would highly recommend.
April 6, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your time with Dell!

Fast paced and fun environment
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 4, 2017
Dell is a great company. They cater the employees often. Management pushes you to do well, without micro managing, but you are responsible for your growth and success.
The hardest part of the job is getting comfortable with the catalog of different products Dells has to offer.
Everyday is enjoyable. Everybody is nice and treats each other with respect.
Pros
On site gym and cafeteria, insurance discounts, fun off-site events
April 6, 2017

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with Dell!

good place to work at
Client Support techincal SR associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 4, 2017
Good place to work and good managers. very flexible with my needs, all departments are different........................................................
Senior Manager/Manager, Software Engineering (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 4, 2017
I worked here for close to 17 years and it's been fantastic. Love the social events, gym with the trainer and the ping pong table.Friday free lunch and bagels and doughnuts on Thursdays was also great !
April 6, 2017

Awesome! We love hearing from long time employees that are having a great time working at Dell - sounds like a great place to work to us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.