Dell
1,480 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

Dell In Oklahoma City
L2-B2 COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits package, good training
Cons: bad management, shady business practices
Dell has some strong points and weak points just like all companies.
the strong points:
good training and lots of it, great health benefits, fairly decent pay for our position.

the weak points:
bad upper management, bad communication between upper and lower management resulting in micromanagement, "dell is a Meritoctrocy"

Dell has a high turnover – more... rate. I often liken it to Russian rullet - eventually someday your going to get the bullet (pink slip). if you were there for over 6 months - your were a battle tested old timer, tried in the crucible fire of the call center. there was one time i saw them lay off an entire sales floor of over 200 people. they did not tell their employees about it, until they came into work one Monday morning and were bared access to entering the building. They also will fight giving unemployment to anyone they lay off or fire. my advice - if you are laid off by dell and they refuse to give you unemployment, choose to fight the decision and call in to the court hearing. their lawyers wont show up. At dell they make it widely known that "Tech Support it an unwanted expense to dells profit margin" how ever we are what brought customers back to dell. at its core dell is just another call center environment. after dell laid me off, i was thankful for the whole year i was un-employed that i didn't have to get up and go to work in the morning for Dell. it was at dell that i discovered HR doesn't work for the employees rights - it works for the corporations rights over the employees. – less
Work with the best team in the world!
Proposal Management Roles (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: best people to work with, work virtually
Cons: jobs are going overseas and i am being laid off.
Though we work virtually, this is the best team of people I have ever known. We all help each other anytime assistance is needed. We uplift one another and celebrate milestones together.
In the proposal world, we are often required to work late into the night to meet a deadline. Since we are able to work remotely, we are not driving home in the dark. – more... Being at work very early in the morning is no problem as there is no traffic to fight.
It has been an incredible experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. – less
NA
Project/Program Management Sr. Advisor (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Great company. Good Job/ Life balance.
Overall good culture.
Fair compensation, but overall company leadership disjointed and visions not clearly communicated. NO job security or good work/life balance
Financial Analysis Consultant, NA Commercial (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: leadership, job security, worklife balance
Mgt vision not clearly communicated, horrible work life balance, lack of passion from Leaders as it relates to how the company will move forward, Incompetent leadership able to make key decisions. Too much churn not effective systems/processes in place.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 19, 2014
I enjoy my workplace. I look forward to working every morning.
Fun work place
temp (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed every last one of my co-workers as well as my management team. They made it enjoyable to be at work and made every employee want to be there. A typical day at work consisted of being on the assembly line. The hardest part of my job at dell would have to be operating the fork-lift.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2014
 Completing Orders/ shipping and receiving
 Pick and Packing using RF scanning
 cleaning warehouse
Great company with outstanding benfits, family oriented
Account Receivables Senior Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
I've been lucky to have such great managers and mentors through my time at Dell, i've learned so much and appreciate hat Dell does for his employees
I my use my Knowledge of advanced of medical produceres
Executive shipping (Former Employee), International ShippingOctober 15, 2014
Pros: smoker breaks
Cons: yes, some time healthcare we do not have breaks because others dependent from us is ok.
a typical day to work some time was stress. But If I follow the skill or safety standard I made my routine happy and good attitude my a regular day the best and done. Yes I love my full hand at work because I like learned more every day. I can tell you multitask is my other areas. Yes about the co-worker make good workers because I like time work because – more... in the end of the shift we only one time.
The hard part of the job when we do not make the gold and short time. Expectation is possible maked – less
Fun place to work, but i worked from home
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis TNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: lack of information, especially about if our jobs are secure or not and why?
the pay was good and the job was good. I was with a group of people on my team, that I knew from my days at Hilton, so I really enjoyed working with them, again.
I never really heard from my Dell management that much. We were all perm employees, so it was a shock, when we found out that Dell, which we all considered a VERY stable company, was letting – more... certain departments go. My department is slated to be disbanded at some point, but they keep extending us, because our client Hilton Hotels Corporation knows my group and likes what we do for them. I just want a place that I can have job security for me and my family and can grow with the company. – less
Good Place
Technical analyst Senior Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: poor communication sometimes with the users from upper management.
I enjoy it just a bit far of a drive for the pay. Great people to work around and very fast paced.
Great Training and Work-life balance
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityOctober 11, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches, employee events
Cons: long hours, fast paced stressful
Lots of technical training available, lots of support to grow your career within Dell.

Quotas are tough to hit, but rewarded handsomely when you do.
Simple and easy to follow.
IT Field Service Manager's Assistant (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZOctober 11, 2014
I did a lot of simple and trivial stuff, and it sometimes felt like I wasn't making a difference. However I kept working and doing whatever was asked of me.
Typical day
Contractor Compucom Target Corporate Headquarters (Current Employee), Target Corp. HeadquartersOctober 10, 2014
Pull Tickets for days work.
Load cart with computer add on, such as Mice, keyboard, Monitors and etc.
Deliver and set up Peripherals to Team Members.
Move team member computers and equipment to new location.
Work with VP admins to provide optimal service.
Good and bad
Senior Accounting Advisor (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: lay offs, work more than 40 hours every week
Dell allows you to learn so much in a short time. You feel like you are contributing every day. You do feel uncertainty in your job, meaning will it always be there or not. Everyone feels this way at Dell.
Working in a Sales Team Environment.
Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2014
• Working in a Sales Team environment.
• Inbound telephone sales, consistent standard of maintaining the customers satisfaction
• Making sure the customer gets a custom computer to fit their immediate and future needs.
• Maintaining reports of my individual sales of computers and services, to achieve personal goals of success as well as team goals.
Call Center
TECH SUPPORT CALL DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: fairly low stress job
Cons: no benefits, contract position, short breaks and lunch.
Responsible for answering incoming calls, identifying the problems and directing the calls to the proper department.
Training included information about which department handled which kind of customer computer issues.
I had no management responsibilities.
Overall the job was fun and fulfilling.
Good experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee), RemoteOctober 7, 2014
I had a good time working in this job and the people i worked with were very nice and i made life long friends and learning which enabled me to go further in my next jobs.
Innovated new product development process with procurement team
Product & Technology Concept Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 6, 2014
I moved to Dell 3 years ago to join a new Procurement team that works very close with new product development & marketing teams. Together we have saved over $1B in product costs. Very innovative and fast paced group.
See the Your Review section
Systems Integration Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free to expolore your own aspirations
Cons: the company is going through a lot of changes and offshoring quite a bit
Chaotic environment void of leadership. Everyone was an individual contributor including management. Co workers were what ever they needed to be to protect their interest. The hardest part of the job was learning what to do next. No leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy.

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more