Dell
1,647 reviews

Dell United States Employee Reviews

Nice, clean working environment
Manufacturing and Production/Product Packer (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed my job and was a great place to work. Good management and benefits. Disappointed the company closed in this area
Poor experience
Patient Access (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits were fine including health insurance. Great discount on health insurance from wellness program.

Cons: Recruiter pulled a bait and switch on me, when I applied for one position she called me back acknowledging I applied for said position but! she had a great, lower position available. Also informed me tuition benefits were standard but then when I asked for clarification refused to put anything in writing or give me clear answer, just repeating policy. Pay much lower than average. Rumors (and they are JUST rumors as far as I know) that contract may not be stable with health system. Orientation was not good. Disorganized, and the main message was not welcome, we're glad to have you but "toe the line." Because of poor onboarding situation only got worse. Supervisory team criticized us in front of patients, other staff and physicians felt free to yell at us in front of patients. Constantly told that our managers and IT people would provide zero help and to submit an online ticket for things that were unnecessarily complicated and broken from the beginning. Felt like a cog in a wheel. At least you could leave your work at work with this job.
HR Compensation Consultant (Current Employee), Round Rock, TxJanuary 29, 2015
I've worked at Dell for 15 years and have enjoyed the ability to move into many different functions and parts of the business. I found my true love in HR recently after being in Finance for 14 years.
Challenging culture that allows a lot of growth
Marketing Campaign Manager, Performance Products (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Its a very busy culture with lost of meetings online/over the phone so it doesn't allow for much group or team interaction.
Fast pace, always changing, and ambiguouse
Program Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Very fast pace, entrepreneurial in some ways, with work from home possibility. It is ambiguous as it is always evolving and changing.
Productive and Challenging work environment
SENIOR DELIVERY MANAGER (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Dell is a fast paced company and has always provided a challenging yet productive environment for individuals to grow and fulfill their goals
Dell does not care about the consumer sales dept
Consumer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TxJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of work, decent pay
Cons: big corporation, you're just a number. overseas employees are less expensive
The Dell consumer sales dept is the ground floor of the company, however it is the dept that brings in the most revenue. There is a lot of work and very little consideration of you as a person much less a person who is looking for a solid career. You're just a number to them at the very end. Again, there is a lot of work and if you can cope and succeed you'll make good money. Most management/team leads do not care about you, they just care about advancing themselves and their career. The team coaches however are gold as individuals, they go out of their way to help you succeed and help you get to the next level of the company. The coaches have compassion because not long ago they were in your shoes as sales reps. All in all, Dell is a good company to have on your resume but it is survival of the fittest. If you don't pick the sales process from the get go or get with a team coach that will carry you, this job is not for you.
Excellent environment
Account Executive, UT, AZ, NM, CO, NV (Former Employee), UtahJanuary 25, 2015
If you are on the right team and like to potentially travel a significant amount this is a great place to be. They compensate well and with all of their acquisitions there is tremendous opportunity for growth.
Great culture, management pay and time away from work.
Senior Enterprise Support Analyst (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay, time away from work, stress less job
Cons: shift work, nights and weekends
I really enjoyed working for Dell. With the exception of only a few, management was tip top. I always got the help I needed from managers. A very challenging job that makes you want to learn. Having many people doing the same some, time away from work was great, no arbitrary decision to be made about when you could take time off, just block off the dates (if they are available) on the calendar. That goes for vacation, personal business, and sick days.
A work day can be very intense, but at the end you walk away without a any cares. The shifts don't change much. 3 ten hour days on, 1 off, 1 on, 2 off. Or Mon. -Fri. 8 hours days. Lots of choices, although you may not get what you want all the time, unless it's something no one else wants to do.

Pay and bonuses are based on "pay for preformance". Dell likes to measure everything, understand the metrics, work toward them, you make money and your manager loves you. Remember, there is what Dell wants you to do, and there is what Dell pays you to do. Follow the metrics.
Dell truly is H E double hockey sticks
Client Technical Support Associate (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: offsite events
Cons: lack of discipline for missing work, no attendance policy, getting hit with nerf darts in the face, constantly having to move desks
Awful training, awful managers, lack of concern for employee health. Unable to learn any valuable computer/troubleshooting skills because of "ownership" process. Managers lying in interviews saying there is no goal time to finish a call, yet after the fact I am told otherwise.
It's largely who you work with and what you make of it
Various (Former Employee), Round Rock, TxJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunities
Cons: constant change...have to stay on your toes and be willing to shift on a dime
Like, I suspect, everywhere, my experience working at Dell depended largely on who I was working for/with and what I was doing that largely drove my satisfaction. Overall, I found the company to provide excellent opportunities to grow my skill set and pursue jobs outside the umbrella of my college degree. Compensation was great. At the end of the day, it is up to you to decide what you want and pursue it, as well as setting your own limits regarding work/life balance. I would definitely recommend the company as a great place to work.
Great place to work first time in tech field
Enterprise Help Desk Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: learn as you go
Cons: too many metrics to keep up every day
It was very stressful. I was thankful to have a job. I enjoyed when I could help people and the good days.
Great Benefits
Change Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Day to day my work consisted of audited IT tickets. There was not a lot of team building within Dell, which is something that is important to me. I was apart of a big lay off that Dell does about once a year.
Teams of dedicated, hard working people focused on delivering leading solutions and services to a broad range of customers
Client Delivery Executive & Managed Print PM (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2015
It is exciting to lead great teams focused on delivering superior solutions and services to an extensive range of enterprise customers.
Great work life balance, lots of opportunity to move, better since being private
Lead Product Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: gym and healthcare on site
Cons: office interior looks outdated, few fun team activities on campus
Dell is a great place to be a product manager. The company allows product managers to wear many hats and to be their product's CEO. A typical day may involve

-designing a beta release program for customers
-training a sales team on roadmaps and current offerings
-speaking with customers to gain feedback in the Executive Briefing -Center
-working on product development activities with a cross functional Core Team
-working with outbound marketing on promotion efforts for your product
-presenting to senior management to get buy ins for your next product.
Good place to work with typical high tech pressure.
Project Manager - Competitive Analysis (Former Employee), Round Rock TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Worked in small engineering group that supported larger engineering efforts. Staff reductions required learning many new things and taking on more responsibility. Co-workers were supportive. Management was not always aware of what was going on in our work group. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay ahead of the next layoff.
Good company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: get to know the latest phone technology
Cons: sales position so they expect to work holidays
Good company over all. Pay was great but they restructured the pay so you make a lot less now. there is not too much that is bad, just got to keep up on the latest phones.
A great place to work
Testing Engineering Advisor (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great experience and team members.
Truly bright and dedicated team members. I learned an enormous amount of skills there. There are very many options to work in different areas on different technologies.
Fast pace
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee), Round RockJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day 8-10 hours .
Hard working co-workers , the hardest part of the job was not having enough time to study for certification that are needed to get promotions.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers as I was able to find a solution for their issues.
Field Service Engineer - Onsite Hardware Warranty Support Technician
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 14, 2015
It's a good change of environment everyday because all calls in the field are not at the same place........Hands-on work that takes a lot of patience........As an independent contractor I work by myself to get all jobs completed.......I enjoy this type of work because I am sometimes like a therapist as well as a repair technician to many clients.........

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more

Dell Salaries