Dell
1,799 reviews

Dell Employee Reviews

Good Company overall
Domestic and International Software Sales (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 15, 2015
Dell is a good company overall an offers some challenging work assignments. I was exposed to many different products and services.
Great Cafe, walking areas and people.
Channel Partner Development Advisor (Current Employee), Nashua, NHMay 13, 2015
Great Company. Not sure about being hired full-time. Go by head count. Had big layoff. A lot of people work from home which is great, but a lot of wasted space.
Fun place to work
Dell Senior Associate (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Relax environment
Cons: Long hours
Great environment. Managers are really personable. Co-workers are all down to earth. There are TV's all over the office playing SportsCenter all day.
Client Services
Senior Client Advisor/ Service Lines IS Director (Current Employee), Coral Springs FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: compensation and management
Cons: stability
Contracts with client can be cancelled at any point by client without cause. Executive turnover on the client end can affect employment based on client's decisions and constant change of importance. Stability is the on the Service end of Dell.
Good company culture
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 12, 2015
Good company culture. I like the level of diversity displayed during my daily interactions. Benefits are good I suppose, as I have never compared to similar companies. Work life balance if pretty good.
Sitting on the wrong side of the fence
Sr. Business Support Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Convienent Startbucks vendor in every building, great training, a lot of assistance if you are having issues with a case or work tast, certain team leads and managers are fun however they are not your actual manager.
Cons: Micro-Managing, Need a grace period to clocking in due to their football field size parking lots and large campus, workplace discrimnation between temporary staff and permanent employees, inconsistency with managment
I loved my position and the duties of my role however the staffing agency of Dell seriously needs to change before there is a case against them. There is A LOT of workplace discrimination between the temporary agents to the permanent employees. Permanent employees can be tardy, not adhere to their schedules, wear whatever they please and do however they please including their cell phones. However if you're a temp you cannot be a minute late, you're under a microscope 24/7, if you even breathe wrong they will either call you in for a meeting or end your assignment. Coming from Apple where we were all one and treated equal with that family feeling as well as great open feedback sadly that is not the same for Dell. The temporary staff management does not listen to feedback but feels that you are attacking someone else and feels you should just keep your head down and mouth shut. I learned a lot in the short time I was with Dell however I feel their management needs to improve drastically!
a great place to work at
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 9, 2015
typical day was from 8-5 monday through friday. i learned how to wipe pc's clean and re-install a clean operating system and install all programs that user needed
Operations Manager I (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 8, 2015
Excellent culture, Dell respects your work life balance. Dell also respects your individuality and gives you plenty of room to grow.
terrible
Computer Technician (Former Employee), orland parkMay 7, 2015
Very bad place to work, the management doesn't take their jobs very seriously. I was unfortunately stuck at the same position for two years and didn't have any opportunity to progress in the company.
Material Senior Representative
Material Senior Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Was laid off
Material Handler : ordered computer parts through a company system from another building, received and checked material as it entered the building, delivered material with no safety issues and quality checked to designated areas, stocked material to areas as marked and labeled, worked with managers, supervisors, peers to achieve the customer's request.
Great work place where work is valued than process
Principal Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), Austin TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance
Cons: none
I am working at Dell for past 2 years. I got many opportunities to play with new technologies and implement on the projects. It is a very collaborative environment where people are not pitched against each other. The lack of performance review encourages team members to collaborate and work towards common goal than compete for individual benefit.
Fun Company to work For!
Field Services Technical Analyst I (Former Employee), Mason, OHMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great company, great management!
Cons: None!
A typical day included providing desk-side support – i.e. monitor, document, and resolving IT tickets ensuring work assignments are completed to end user satisfaction.

Excellent management
Great Teammates
Nothing hard about this job... just fun!
I enjoyed interacting with the end-users
Great company with some negative exceptions
Demand Supply Sr Manager/Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 4, 2015
Great company to work for, flexible and entrepreneurial culture even for the size of the company.
Only negative side of the company could be drastic org changes and seemingly shorter focal window for strategy execution
Great learning experience
Software and Dell IP Specialist, HCLS (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, spiff-incentives, work from home
Cons: Rapid changes/company focus resulting in non-linear promotional options.
Highly competitive and a large range of products to learn. While they tried to keep up the training needed, the need for putting in the extra hours to keep up outweighed the compensation and the company focus changed rapidly. The speed of Dell they say, quite the accurate description. I learned more in the 2 years I spent with Dell than probably my entire working career. Definitely taught me how to think on my feet.
Good place to work, bad management
Enterprise Help Desk (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityMay 1, 2015
Very bad to get promotions/advancement, you must know someone or be bad at what you do to get advanced, hard working people dont make it very far
Dynamic large corporation
Technical Support (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful
Providing support to various types of customers to resolve technical issues is a dynamic role requiring you to be in the role of teacher, researcher, or student. One learns to adapt to different situations in order to be effective. Fellow support personnel often rely on each other to bring resolution for the customer. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the immense world of technology that constantly changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the part which allows one to be in the teacher role.
Excellent company to work for.
Virtualization Engineer / Migration Spec. (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Wonderful management team
Cons: Trips
It’s was a great experience working for Dell Inc..
A dynamic company that was aiming to use top notch technology.
Terrific Project management team
Great working place which will be unpredictable and constantly changing
Websphere MQ Engineer (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance and work on latest technology
Cons: Frequent reorganizations with management
Dell is a great place of working and constantly looking for improved solutions and hence there will be always challenges everyday.
Dell has a past of having a great work culture with good work life balance. But the management reorganization will be frequent and unpredictable which will make Dell less attractive for a long term employee.
Senior Software Developer Advisor (Current Employee), Kittery, MEApril 29, 2015
Pros: We are not micromanaged. This is good for any professional.
Cons: A little bit more structure within the deparment would be helpful.
A typical day at work is mundane. It is very work-focused, with very little interactions with peers within the department.
Can be a tough place to work
Credit Advisor (Former Employee), Round Rock TexasApril 27, 2015
Management has a very top-down approach at times, stretched teams, some antiquated / multiple systems to utilize. At times can feel isolated within the company with limited ability to transition to other positions.

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more

Dell Salaries