Project: IT Infrastructure Services
The IT Infrastructure Services caters to all the technical and administration aspects of the companies Oracle and SQL Database infrastructure.My role was the first point of call for providing technical support as well as specialist technical input.
• Oracle database administration, backup monitoring and recovery in IBM TSM, performance monitoring, tuning, migration, RAC.
• Implemented Oracle 10g R2 Data Guard along with maintenance of the standby database.
• Devising innovative & useful SQL & PL/SQL scripts for automating database, resource monitoring tasks and for generating alerts.
• Preparing & performing the backup & recovery strategies using RMAN, online/offline backups, export/import utilities.
• Install, upgrade, patching and configuration of Oracle 10g R2 database software.
• Change management process documentation through Remedy issue tracking system.
• Work with Oracle Support for timely resolution of Oracle database issues.
• Preparing documentation for requirements, design, install and Unit testing and System Integration.
• Experience in Tuning SQL statements and procedures for the maximum efficiency in various schemas across database.
• Database Growth and Space management, capacity planning,table, distributing the tablespaces, redo logs, archived redo logs on different disks to optimize database I/O performance.
• Responsible for installation, maintenance and trouble shooting of databases on RAC.
• Monitoring the CPU, Memory utilization and Processes at the OS level by using Oracle AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) reports
• Helped in database object and code migration through TEST, UAT, and STAGE to PROD databases.
Environments: Oracle 11g, Oracle Enterprise Manager, UNIX shell programming, SQL*Plus, Red Hat Linux 7.0.