Delmar Gardens Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work here!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 5, 2016
If you are considering working for any Delmar facility please reconsider. Yes there are individuals there with 15+ years of service, but if you look closely you realize these people could not work anywhere else. Management is poor. There is very little room for advancement. The administrators and the Corporate office have no respect for their employees. Most importantly they do not promote person centered care. If you truly love the elderly you will be disappointed by Delmar in so many ways. They throw lavish parties, yet they really should be using the money to enrich the daily lives of their residents and employees. If you quit they have a culture of treating you as if you have committed a crime or peronally offended them. There are much better facilities to work at and live in. Please do not waste your time with any Delmar facility. Most of the positive reviews are fake!!!
Pros
You will appreciate any other job after experiencing Delmar's disfunctional environment.
Cons
Everything!!!
I really like it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 3, 2016
Got resident up and ready for the day.my supervisor is nice.we are a team.activities. the hardest part is keeping the resident awake.
Pros
team work
Cons
it takes along time to advance.
Very nice and inviting enviorment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company they were very friendly organized, and prideful regarding there residents.
Teamwork
CNA (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 25, 2016
I have been working here for almost 2 years now and could not be happier. I have worked at other facilities prior and nothing has come close to the way management and the corporate office treats their staff. It is truly with LOVE, CARE, and UNDERSTANDING. I feel as if this is my second home/family and would not go anywhere else.
Pros
Free lunch, helping residents, competitive pay
Cons
parking
Teamwork
CNA (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 4, 2016
The best part of the job is seeing the residents smile. It truly takes a team and my facility definitely has an impressive one. Beautiful place to work and great $$$ and of course parties :)
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner, Parties, Yearly Raise, Holiday Bonus
productive and very busy work enviroment
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 1, 2016
Delmar Gardens of Creve Coeur is a well organized facility but in my opinion does not offer much career advancement or competitive wages cross the board with all nursing staff (LPN's) and are privileged to a particular type of person
It helped me do what I love
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2016
It helped me do what I love. So I did what I had to do in order to keep doing what I loved to do. The people weren't bad the residents were nice. Overall good environment.
great place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJanuary 15, 2016
really liked the people I worked with and the different things I got to do there. I helped get the food and drinks and also helped with the desserts for when they were done eating.
Great Environment
GROUNDSKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 9, 2015
Of all my jobs, I loved the work environment. With a positive atmosphere and co-workers, It was not a challenge to satisfy our customers.
Delmar Gardens
Banquet Server/waitress (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MONovember 7, 2015
Overall Delmar Gardens is a good job for teens looking to get extra money in their pockets. If you work here you will be a waiter/waitress and serve the residents that live there.
Pros
Pick your own schedule
Cons
Little hours, low pay
I got my cna liscense
cna (Former Employee) –  st.louisNovember 2, 2015
I was always on time. I made sure that i learned all the information that i could to become the best that i could be when working with the elderly
Pros
reasonable hours
Cons
not organized
un-professional work place
head server/supervisor (Former Employee) –  chesterfield, moAugust 27, 2015
it was an un-professional place, but the residents were lovely.
most of the workers, even outside of dietary were wonderful.
Pros
free meals, always new challenges
Cons
short staffed, alot of favortisim
Quality Assurance, Infection control, Staff orientation, Weekend manager
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 29, 2015
Employee annual physical, All day staff orientation. Quarterly reports. Staff supervision. The facility was family oriented. a great place to work. I was part time and needed to go full time. I would highly
recommend this facility.
Very hard work; requires patience and strategy
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 15, 2015
A typical day at work is exhausting. I work day shift, so every morning, I receive an assignment of approximately ten residents. If I am lucky some of them will be awake and ready for breakfast when I arrive. Otherwise, I get all of my residents up, toliet-ed, washed, brushed, dressed, and out to breakfast in an hour and a half. During breakfast, the other aids and I are assigned a breakfast duty, such as feeding some of the residents, plating the food properly, passing out the proper drinks, and bringing the proper food to the right people. After breakfast, I get all of my residents out of the dining room, and begin my assignment for the day. I usually take vital signs and pass ice water first while I toliet anyone who asks or is scheduled. Next, I do my shower assignments, which is approximately one to three showers every day. While I do the showers, I also do the skin and body assessments on these particular residents. After my showers, I try to toilet anyone who still needs it, and then I go on my half hour lunch. After my lunch, I bring all my residents back into the dining area for lunch and repeat breakfast just with different food. After lunch, I toilet everyone even if they do not want me to because it is my job to make sure they are clean. At this time, I usually offer my residents the opportunity to sit in their recliners or lie down in bed for a nap. I also tell them the activity going on in the afternoon and offer to take them if they want. When my replacement arrives, I tell them how the day went and if anything unusual is going on with any of my residents.
  more...

I have learned a ton working with the elderly. I have learned some very valuable skills and had some life changing experiences working at Delmar. It makes me feel more comfortable about the future of my loved ones and the decisions I will one day have to make for them.

This is a very difficult job, and sometimes I think management lacks simply because we are so understaffed all the time. It makes me upset because we have peoples' lives in our hands and making our job harder is not how I am able to take better care of them. Although management offer overtime, I still think this job is too difficult to be working 100+ hours every week; it's not good for the residents or the workers.

My coworkers are all very hard working. We are all team players mostly because most of the residents we transfer require more than one person. We work together all day to make sure everything is done in a timely manner. They all deeply care about the comfort and dignity of the residents as well.

The hardest part of the job is death. As a CNA working with the elderly, I know that death in inevitable. When my residents eventually do pass away, I will be very sad, but having known them, I keep a special place in my heart for all the memories I made with each one of them.

I would say these memories, are the best part of my job. It is amazing what their generation has to pass on.
Pros
Learning about and from the elderly; creating memories with them
Cons
Exhausting job; back pain
Fun place to work
Lead Server/Floor tech (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time working there. The staff was very friendly, and the residents there were the best. The pay was not the greatest, but overall I enjoyed my day to day work activities.
A place only the tuff will survive!
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 5, 2015
not the best place to work at, the work is ok but can lead u too getting injured from the heavy work load. the work partys or good and theres a lot of them. every worker is stressed from poor management.
Pros
benifits, and work friends
Cons
mangiment
Fun work environment
Dietary Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 27, 2014
I enjoyed da residents. I learned how to interact with different races and cultures. I loved all my managers. My co-workers were all cooperative. The hardest part of the job was transportation. The entire set-up off da facility.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no benefits
Provided excellent patient care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2014
obtain patient vital signs
provided excellent PT care
Assist with medications
Chart and file PT recprds
Horrible place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KsOctober 22, 2014
some of the co-workers are cool but that place is very horrible they act like they care about their employees which they don't only place that make their aides wear white pants and the nurses all white. They have a high turn over in nurses and aides. The office personnel are stuck up don't speak to the other employees.The human resource lady act likes she can't never do nothing for the staff like for insist they don't put your vacation hours or sick time on your check so you have to go to HR about it and she act like she can't never tell you nothing, and the only time you could use your sick time is when you go to the hosp.and you can't use your vacation time unless you been there a whole year. The staffing person dosen't know what she doing they don't use agency they work short almost everyday the nurses don't help. State been in that place so many times i'm surprise they haven't been shut down. The residents are great i liked working with them. That company worries about the wrong things instead of focusing on their employees and residents. i wouldn't recommend nobody there to work. If you friends with certain people than you get away with a lot.
Pros
loved the residents and some employees
Cons
not enough help high turn over
For the most its crazy there at Delmar.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2014
typical day was busy and crazy. I learned how to be effective with people from all walks of life. Management was always behind in get staffed. Co-worker for the most was helpful. the hardest part was not enough CNAs. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the graveyard charged nurse. She was very thoughtful and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delmar Gardens. Our community is ready to answer.