Delmar Gardens Employee Reviews

Emotionally and physically challenging, but life changing.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 17, 2017
A typical workday as a certified nurse assistant is taking care of 8 or 12 patients. Helping them with basic care needs such as bathing, toliting, and feeding. The hardest part of the job is to stay in control of your emotions when a resident passes away or gives you a difficult time.
Pros
Holiday parties, Free dinners on Fridays, raises.
Cons
Short staffed
Very fun and beautiful place to work at
Dietary (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 7, 2017
Everyone is nice and helpful and work as a team. The facility is very beautiful and it was a great place to work. A typical day of work will just consist of serving residents and cleaning up the dining halls. I learned how to work as a team, communicate with others as well as the residents. The culture of the work place is great. The hardest part of the job is being able to accommodate everyone's needs at once. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the residents and doing what I can to make them happy.
Rewarding place to work
LPN, Medication Administration and Wound Care (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074May 3, 2017
Administered medications to patients. Learned to very patient and understanding. Management overall was very supportive. Job was very fast paced but was very rewarding to be able to see patients going home to their families.
Pros
Pleaseant work place
Cons
Stressful situations
Job security was not a priority
MDS coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 17, 2017
They do want workers but they do not act interested in giving job security or working with their employees. Sometimes you felt valued and sometimes you don't.
fun place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2017
interesting place to work good co-workers, great residents, good location, lots of activities that were good for the residents and staff. A good place to work.
Pros
working
Cons
not enough pay
Productive poor management
Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 29, 2017
The workplace was very productive overall. Nice coworkers and residents. management was poor not to bad some of them was professional. I worked overnight so it was peaceful but wen I worked other shifts that's wencthe poor management and unprofessional people came around.
Fun place to work.
Level 1 Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Sappington, MOMarch 23, 2017
This was a very fun and interactive place to work. Many residents are upbeat and love to talk and engage in planned activities. They provide many off site activities to volunteer for which are a blast and really improve the lives and emotional states of many of its residents. The management is not as helpful or seem to be willing to work with staff. The coworkers on the other hand are like family and work together.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Emotional attachments
Wonderful Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 21, 2017
The Delmar Gardens core value is based on love, care, and understanding. This is clearly the heart and soul of the facilities and incorporated into its daily operations.

The Residents are the number one priority, as they should be. This is their home and each employee is there to help them and make their daily experience enjoyable.

Hardworking employees are rewarded and there plenty of room for advancement. Management is very involved with its employees and has many unique ways to reward them. There are frequent staff appreciation days and many other perks that are rare anywhere else in the industry. I have never seen another company that values its employees and staff as much as Delmar Gardens.

This top notch facility loves and cares for its residents and employees in a way that reflects a family environment . This is especially important for the residents as this is their home and also for all the employees because it is where they spend 40 hours each week outside of their own home. It helps to make going to work a seamless transition.

Activities- The activtitvities for the residents are so well thought out and it is a special privilege to watch them enjoy music when live entertainment comes to perform.

Management- The administrative staff is great and rewards hard working employees.

Advancement-It is so rewarding to see an employee begin as a nurse assistant, become certified, and continue to advance up in the company. I have seen Delmar Gardens support several employees to advance as far as a Nurse Practioner. The opportunities are endless.
Pros
Great Pay, Wonderful Benefits, Training, Advancement Opportuntities.
Cons
Sometimes Parking
very pleasant work enviroment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Meramac Valley, MOMarch 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Delmar Gardens. They showed great appreciation for the employees. I was unfortunately unable to continue my employment at Delmar d/t being fulltime evenings and not seeing my school age children during the week.
Pros
great employee benifits
It was ok
Nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2017
Would never work there again. Not enough workers on the floor. No one would help help you with residents when you need it. It seemed more like a popularity contest than a work place.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Scheduling, not enough workers
Residents Need Better Care
CNA (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, KSFebruary 2, 2017
Residents could have better care, and the team is not very eager to assist with residents who need immediate care. I quit after suggesting investigation after abuse, and being denied the appropriate investigation.
Fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Management was very nice and would work with you. They also had great Christmas parties. They give a lot of incentives and really encourage you as a staff member to do your best.
Patients not cared for properly or respected.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 2, 2016
I had resigned due to lack of respect and care for patients,along with staff from both hire up and other team mates, Like most jobs I am finding clicks and if your not like them then watch your back.
Pros
Great Patients
Cons
Bad staff and workers.
My review
Certify Nurse Assistance (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 6, 2016
I learned how to be a good team worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of my resident. I learned not to being my feeling to work. The hardest part was when a resident passed away.
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GA 30082September 8, 2016
Great company, it was awesome being there around the patients and coworkers. The families of the patients really make you feel at home.
Pros
Great activities
Cons
Short staff
Nice place to work, but often short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 24, 2016
Provided assistance to nursing staff and patients
❖ Assisted in ADL's
❖ Communicated with nursing staff as well as patients and families regarding their status of health
❖ Coached patients to be independent resulting in a sooner home return
Do not work here!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 5, 2016
If you are considering working for any Delmar facility please reconsider. Yes there are individuals there with 15+ years of service, but if you look closely you realize these people could not work anywhere else. Management is poor. There is very little room for advancement. The administrators and the Corporate office have no respect for their employees. Most importantly they do not promote person centered care. If you truly love the elderly you will be disappointed by Delmar in so many ways. They throw lavish parties, yet they really should be using the money to enrich the daily lives of their residents and employees. If you quit they have a culture of treating you as if you have committed a crime or peronally offended them. There are much better facilities to work at and live in. Please do not waste your time with any Delmar facility. Most of the positive reviews are fake!!!
Pros
You will appreciate any other job after experiencing Delmar's disfunctional environment.
Cons
Everything!!!
I really like it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 3, 2016
Got resident up and ready for the day.my supervisor is nice.we are a team.activities. the hardest part is keeping the resident awake.
Pros
team work
Cons
it takes along time to advance.
Very nice and inviting enviorment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company they were very friendly organized, and prideful regarding there residents.
Teamwork
CNA (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 25, 2016
I have been working here for almost 2 years now and could not be happier. I have worked at other facilities prior and nothing has come close to the way management and the corporate office treats their staff. It is truly with LOVE, CARE, and UNDERSTANDING. I feel as if this is my second home/family and would not go anywhere else.
Pros
Free lunch, helping residents, competitive pay
Cons
parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delmar Gardens. Our community is ready to answer.