Delnor Hospital Employee Reviews

a good place to work if you like cooking and people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed the women I worked with and for the most part all of my bosses. It is hard work . the hours were good ,but not the best pay for how hard the work was. I liked working with all different people.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not alot of room for movement to higher position
enjoy working for Delnor
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILAugust 8, 2017
i enjoy working as a team, everyone gets along, nice people and always busy and have something to do, time goes by fast i guess thats a good thing. everyone works as a a team and help each other
Volunteer in the gift shop
Volunteer Clerk - Hospital Gift Shop (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering while getting retail experience as well as customer service experience. I worked in the later hours of the evening shift. Most of the customers were employees buying a snack to get them through the late shift. I enjoyed the other volunteers who trained me. I worked with a very sweet girl and we were very good friends. However I did not get along with the other volunteer with us. She had mood swings and I didn't want to work with her after an incident. Coincidentally, I started to go to college full time and I took the opportunity to stop volunteering at that point.
Pros
feeling good about volunteer work, gained retail experience
Cons
unbalanced co-worker/volunteer
Productive Learning environment
Personal Trainer/ Fitness Intern (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 21, 2017
Typical day would be working with clients ranging from 20-80 years old. Also gained exposure to training individuals with different health disorders and medical conditions.
Great Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 26, 2017
I had a whole bunch of fun volunteering here, and helping as much as I could. It gave me a sense of belonging and place in such a huge hospital. I loved everyday volunteering there.
Pros
What its like in the Medical Field
Cons
Hard to get into the program
fun place to work
Scrub Tech (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILFebruary 15, 2017
good place to work good benefits and very awesome staff I worked on OB just couldn't handle 3rd shift and being in the OR I would still be there if I could have just worked in mother baby
Pros
great place to work benefits managers nurses
Cons
12 hr nights
This place blows
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILNovember 14, 2016
Everyone who works here is an idiot. Everyone's disrespectful and money hungry. I'll never work here. If u work here u need of go bk to ur previous job flipping burgers or stripping because ur a joke.
Productive CNA
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILOctober 10, 2016
Patients would be divided up between nurses aides and we would get started caring for the patients assigned to us. I learned how to treat patients with respect and compassion. Manager and coworkers were fun to work with. The best part of job was getting to know patients and working with them.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Can be stressfull
Friendly work environment and meeting new people every day.
VOLUNTEER AT SURGICAL WAITING ROOM DESK (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 4, 2016
Escorting families back to the patient
Informing families of status of procedure
Working with nurses and surgeons
Managed well
Friendly staff
Clean environment
Pros
lunch is free
Cons
sometimes difficult people
Productive and professional place to work
Discharge Planner Intern (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Delnor had caring and dedicated staff that met the needs of the patients. Co-workers were eager to pitch in and the duties were distributed fairly. Management allowed employees to work autonomously and were positive and supportive. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients leave, you formed relationships with them and got to know their families. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie.
Ehh
Mammography Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILSeptember 2, 2015
I liked it when it was a community hospital, before two mergers. It was once a friendly place but it's no longer is a friendly place. Corporate and cold.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Fast paced work environment with great teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, IllinoisAugust 19, 2015
Delnor Hospital is a great place to work because it provides excellent opportunities to advance professionally and personally. I have learned how to be a more compassionate and competent nurse. My co-workers are excellent, teaching me from their experience and knowledge and working as a team to provide excellent care. The most difficult part of my job is maintaining some level of emotional distance from my work life and personal life. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help, support and bring comfort to people in some of the most challenging and difficult situations in their lives.
Pros
co-workers, advancement opportunities, diversity of patient load
Cons
every other weekend commitment
good work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILMarch 9, 2015
good experience and work, learn a lot. work at deferent floors, ICU,IMCU,NICU,Cardiac floor,ER. have a tea† manager and great co-workers. love and care about my patient.
organized and excellent team work at Delnor
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILOctober 30, 2014
Most work days as a PCT involved assistance of ADL's for patients along with vital signs, EKG's. foley D/C and patient comfort. I learned how to hone my bedside manner and loved working as a team. The hardest part of my job was time management, which I eventually became excellent at. The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for my patients, working together with others and watching my patients improve in their health during their stay
Pros
bedside care
Cons
sometimes I would have to sit with a patient on suicide precautions
family atmosphere
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILDecember 4, 2013
every employee is great, the medical staff is also great, state of the art facility,
Great workplace with exceptional employees
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILAugust 5, 2013
Delnor has been a fantastic experience for me. I have worked here for just over a year as a patient care tech. All of the nurses have been wonderful and helpful to me. Every employee goes out of their way to help you whenever they can. My only wish would be that they make it easier for current employees to move up into nursing positions once they graduate from nursing school.
great pt care
PCT/Unit Clerk on Medical/Surgical (3S) (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILDecember 23, 2012
See Resume, my teamwork with co-workers and I enjoy the patients and the staff I worked with
Pros
great care
Great Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILOctober 6, 2012
I loved working at Delnor. I do not know how it is now as they have merged with CDH and are now called cadence health.
Pros
great team work
Cons
hard to work with seriously ill patients
dedicated nurses who love their job
labor and delivery, postpartum (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILFebruary 14, 2012
I worked at delnor for 5 years and felt part of a team who was there to care for the greater good of the patient
Working as a Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist CRT (Former Employee) –  Geneva, IllinoisJune 13, 2011
Not all employees were treated the same. They had certain employees who were able to pick their schedules and others that had to abide by the rules. The manager of this department had her favorites that she did everything for to make their shift easy and needless to say she lost her job.
Pros
did have alot of nice co-workers. good benefits
Cons
poor management