Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 1,254 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Audit Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2016
One of the best firms to start your accounting career. I was challenged through the work assigned and grew exponentially during my time at Deloitte. Work/life balance is somewhat of a challenge and you must be willing to fully commit to your professional growth.
good
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 26, 2016
good company to work with undoubtedly. need lot of networking within company and up with leadership. difficult for a new comer to sustain inside company
Great place ot start a career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to start your career and learn a lot about accounting, auditing, and internal controls. the people here tend to be outgoing and usually flexible with needs, however, it varies engagement to engagement.
Pros
Flexible schedule, exposure to different industries, strong accounting/audit/internal control experience
Cons
unpredictable long hours
Amazing experience, difficult balance
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2016
The experience and access to multiple clients and industries is incredible. The hours are very steep, the workload can be huge, and the environment is extremely competitive.
Good place to start
Advisory Consultant, Risk Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I worked there as in marketing analyst intern. My job is to analyze customer data and provide insight to help marketing decisions.
Manager in Technology Strategy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2016
I've had a great and diverse experience in the firm. Coming in as an MBA intern, there are few if any better options.

People overall are friendly, but it is a "Big Firm", "Small feel" environment, so it will largely depend on the team/engagement that you end up in.

Compensation is at par with the industry, without being above or below.

Overall a good place if you want to pursue a long term career in consulting.
Fantastic company to work for
Liaison (Former Employee) –  USSeptember 15, 2016
The advancement opportunites with a Big4 firm are truly excellent! The work-life balance can be a bit tricky, especially during busy season. The staff are great, and I enjoyed working with them.
good place to work for
Sr.Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2016
Deloitte is very good place to work for. Work Culture, Team Support, Extra curricular activities, Work Life balance and everything is in place. I loved working with deloitte.
Great place to develop your career
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChinaSeptember 15, 2016
I am lucky to start my career at Deloitte! It provided me comprehensive training, career coaching and incredible projects.
excellent experience at Deloitte
Sourcer/Recruiter - Deloitte Advisory (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 15, 2016
As a tenured sourcing specialist I was given full autonomy to conduct my work in a virtual environment. I worked as a contractor and was compensated fairly.
A good place to start your career
Advisory Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Hardcore corporate America at its worse, Deloitte fosters a win-lose culture where one man's success is another's failure (mainly in the upper levels)
Pros
Great place to learn business
Cons
Cut throat culture with few options for promotion over manager
Not my cup of tea
Manager (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedSeptember 14, 2016
Deloitte has a millennial mentality. No privacy in offices or workspaces. They claim to have a work/life balance and yet, they don't want you to put your laptop away.

The performance management system is a joke. It hard to ask a single person how you are doing from a performance perspective. Too many bosses....

Decisions are hard to come by. Collaboration is a good thing, but someone has to make a decision in a timely manner.
hard work
External Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 12, 2016
make sure that you can work 12 plus hours, travel, and meet deadlines. Money not good but experience is great. Builds good foundation for a lot of other careers
Network oriented workplace. Excellent place to learn and grow.
Senior Manager - Technology/Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
SDLC methodologies
Industry focus
Management of different people types (Integrator, Guardian, Pioneer, Driver)
Moments that matter.
The hardest part of the job is the travel as your work life changes.
The best part of the job is problem solving opportunities presented each day.
Great people and work culture
Advisory Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
My overall work experience in Deloitte was amazing. I loved work culture and people there. Everybody is super helpful and fun to work with. Good work/life balance.
Revolving door organization
Compliance (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 10, 2016
Company culture is very poor, tends to be an environment where everyone attempts to look busier than they are in actuality. Not an inclusive environment at all. Collaboration is lacking here sadly. Depending upon performance review you can be "counseled out".
Benefits were really good, PTO, health stipend etc.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Negative culture, Isolated Environment
Not for every one
Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 8, 2016
Beware..you will be on the bench forever if you don't have contacts. Things works through contacts, not by your talent. So.. in directly..there is some hidden discrimination, racism and politics.Directors and Principals are sales people who wants to keep big chuck of money for themselves by outsourcing as much as they can.
Great consulting experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2016
Good training and job preparation - Deloitte University is wonderful. Lots of opportunities. Great people, and clear path forward (if that is the right fit for you)
Good work environment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  IowaSeptember 3, 2016
Good work environment
Technically good projects in terms of microsoft technologies inlcuding sharepoint,.net,MVC, Integration projects using Sharepoint connector
Deloitte is a truly great place to work
Operational Testing Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 2, 2016
Deloitte as a whole is a great environment to work in. All the people (peers and upper level) that I've worked with are friendly, approachable and willing to help. I never once had an issue with anyone at the firm.

Deloitte offers a great benefits package (medical, vision, dental, 401k etc.).

From the moment I walked in the door in the morning there was a positive vibe that the team could achieve whatever it set out to do. We were all very heads down and would achieve our work on or before the allotted deadline with the expected level of quality. If we needed to gather as a team, we did it quickly and managed to achieve the expected outcome.

The environment there really fostered a learning environment. I've learned how to deal with difficult situations and how to manage upward.

The hardest part of the job was the administrative "red tape" surrounding having security settings changed.

The thing I enjoyed most was the satisfaction that the customer had with our product that it was working as expected with the appropriate level of quality.
Pros
For an extended period of time free lunches were offered, there were a significant amount of allocated PTO days, environment fostered befriending co-workers
Cons
401k matching