Deloitte

1.7K reviews

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Professional Organization that struggles to provide a healthy work-life balance
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
Good: most of my coworkers were pleasant people with a powerful work ethic. Compensation is excellent. Community outreach program is excellent.
Bad: in order to maintain your position or advance, one must work upward of beyond 60 hours a week, with very little in the way of time off.
Bottom-line: if compensation drives you, this is the place to be. If you are looking for more a purpose-driven life, D Street will quickly burn you out.
Java Developer
Sr. J2EE/Front end Developer (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PA.July 28, 2015
Project is being developed by Deloitte for the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services to provide a self-service application that includes prescreening for programs such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Medical Assistance (MA). It also includes functionalities such as document management, IVR, online application, change reporting, redetermination and benefits status checking.
its great to work with such a team
java developer (Former Employee), chicago illinoisJuly 28, 2015
almost every day is a typical since the project is in wrapping up stage.
I learned how to manage my skills and learned to be patient .
co workers are good n friendly , very helpful.

harder part is when i entered in to job for the first 2 weeks.
weuse to help each other and during breaks we make fun .
Telecommuting work environment
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting, resources
Cons: Benefits, human resources
Great technology systems and resources, but short on standardized process engineering and objective management. Culture steers toward status quo with little incentive for new ideas and innovation.
Great firm to start your career
Consultant (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 27, 2015
I started my career at Deloitte and was fortunate to work with several intelligent and dynamic people. My mentors were invested in my growth and I demonstrated my appreciation by implementing their guidance.
Great Place to Work ,Very co operative team
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good Place to work and increase a Knowledge
Cons: Salary is less
On the Typical day working hours is hactic,but I learned so many thing from hire environment. and Management is good and Co worker is also cooprative.
fun workplace
Summer ITS Intern (Former Employee), NashvilleJuly 23, 2015
It is a fun work place with a normal compensation. It is a good exposure and work culture is good and formal. You can enjoy and work here with good balance between work and life
Sr software developer (Former Employee), HarrisburgJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Good
Young, fast paced environment with ample opportunity to learn and grow. Such a great place to own your career, set your parameters and develop a network. Smart people and endless resources. Great expense policy. Free meals, parking, mileage, coffee, professional dues, tuition.
Great organization, Great Learning Experience
Experienced Manager - Information Management (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
A very good company to work for and a great learning ground. You get an opportunity to work with a wide variety of people, and varying projects and skill sets. Great company to start your career with.
great company but extra curriculum activities
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
great company but work/life is impossible because of proposals, engagements, travel, extra curriculum activities.
It was great experience for me. I am sure i can use that to benefit me and the organization in the future.
Java Consultant (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 20, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn the technology. The development framework used for the project is quit old but it had its own challenges.

Office culture is relaxed and friendly.

I have learned new technologies at this project which will help me throughout my career.
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2015
Interning here was a great experience. I loved being in the meeting room and being a part; as well. I also enjoyed helping out around the office however I could.
Solid professional services firm
Specialist Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2015
Deloitte is a large professional services firm with many opportunities for young professionals to learn and build their overall marketability. It is a large firm and the opportunities are related to performance and time, so progress can be slow for most people. The pay and benefits are excellent, and the caliber of the colleagues is very high. A top performer elsewhere is average here, so expect very high standards.

The pace is pretty grueling, so go in with both eyes open that you will probably work 60-80 hours per week on average, and more during peak times. And not all of this is client work. There will be quite a bit of practice development work like proposals, white papers, recruiting, training sessions, etc. on top of 45 hrs per week of client work.
Great Place
Global Technology Services Intern (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJuly 15, 2015
Deloitte expect a lot from their interns, they don't work them as much as their normal employees but expect the be worked. I wouldn't change the experience for the world. Although i was an intern, some of the ratings above were effected because i couldn't put N/A
the most enjoyable part of the job
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 15, 2015
Communication
Gathering Requirements and moreover producing a very good cost effective software in every project!!!
Long hours during busy season. Good pay and co-workers. Lear a lot by working on different clients and attending trainings.
Senior Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 15, 2015
Great company looking to improve retention
Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2015
This company is one of the best places to start a career. Especially for someone looking to travel and gain exposure to lots of different experiences, it would be quite a challenge to find a better organization with which to start.
Another Place Where Suits Thrive and Smart People Leave
Consultant (Current Employee), DCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: You will earn plenty of PTO
Cons: Work Life balance is a joke
I have learned that Deloitte is very top heavy and give credit of the hard working people delivering excellence to the empty suites they would like to promote. It is the good ole boy system which is what consulting is. The work life balance can be a joke seeing as how Deloitte refuses to staff the project correctly in order for the managers to have a bigger pie of the work being sold. Log story short if you just want to scratch peoples back and make it to the top without learning anything technical, this is the place for you. If you are interested in learning and self rewarding work this may not be the place for you.
Deadline driven, fast paced, high growth environment
Manager, Audit (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
Deloitte is a great place to start your career. Very high paced and difficult with many tasks/deadlines on any given day. Can be very taxing on your personal life.
Very large firm with tons of resources
Senior Manager / Specialist Leader (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2015
Great fit for a particular type of individual that can navigate a complex organization with endless layers of politics and subcultures
Headquarters