Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 1,773 reviews matching the search
smart people at every level
Real Estate Specialist Leader, Responsible (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 20, 2017
Very smart people working in teams to help clients. very client focused. Challenging metrics makes it a stressful place unless you have partners who take care of you.
Pros
client focused, smart people
Cons
difficult metrics
Work/family balance
VP Product Development (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
A unique work environment that leaves a positive impact on your life. The benefits provided by company are fantastic and reflect the commitment to success mentality.
Consulting environment
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 18, 2017
Deloitte in Rhode Island was an interesting role. Consulting can be tough if you're not willing to take on new responsibilities. You have to be willing to step up and volunteer for new opportunities. If you aren't a self-starter, it is not the job for you. Deloitte does take very good care of its employees but the work can get stale if you're not growing.
Pros
Great benefits
Great culture!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 18, 2017
Tremendous culture. Lots of energy. But poor work life balance. There are many opportunities to move up and sideways... but in the end, it's a business and you need to bring in new business to move up.
Inclusive company
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2017
Good employer with very good benefits. Company is very inclusive for all type of people from all over the world. Working hours are negative side as it can be up to 80-90 a week and when you are on salary, you don't really see benefits of it
Support (Former Employee) –  DCAugust 16, 2017
Long stressful hours, work overtime, learned alot, culture is fast and management is demanding and you're expected to work well above and beyond your hours and role.
amazing company to work for
Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
Cant really say enough about this company. It was a truly remarkable experience offered to me. All requests for professional assistance to complete my tasks were never denied. Made my responsibilities all that more rewarding.
Pros
Diners Club Card
Cons
Too many offices to choose from
Advisory Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
-Stressful working environment
-Low visibility to management and those responsible for your career advancement and evaluating you
-Too much administrative works
-Become too metric oriented
-Lack of feedback regarding performance and potential advancement opportunities
Accelerated Career
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 15, 2017
Fast growth, good culture and great benefits. Work with very impressive clients and very cutting edge technologies. However, very poor work life balance due to travel and firm demands. Minimum of 45 hours a week, not including travel time or additional firm activities.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great experience with great people
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
Working for Deloitte Consulting provides an excellent opportunity to work with intelligent, fun people and impact the world for better. A typical day involves working at a client site helping the client to innovate their business process through a strategy or IT project implementation. You have the opportunity to work with talented people - both within Deloitte and at the client site. The focus at Deloitte is how to impact the customer and make improvements in meaningful ways.

The team is supportive but competitive environment. Leadership and staff are dedicated and frequently go the extra mile in effort and in time to deliver the highest quality. Results oriented evaluations are the norm.
Pros
opportunity to work across industries and develop a specialty, great learning opportunities, good team environment, ethical culture
Cons
100% travel, long hours, highly competitive, be careful of burnout, need to have a plan to support work life balance
High Work Requirement and Intense Commitment
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2017
Lots of potential for aspiring youths willing to sacrifice personal life for career advancement. Working for Deloitte provides the expected corporate environment with good training and career prospects, but asks a lot in return. Not the place to work for everyone, but a place to succeed for some.
high stress and plessure, long hour work
Senior Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 13, 2017
Expected to work more than 70H per week during the busy season. The busy season is typically 5 months so half of the year, I am expected tow work long hours. If I do not make it to the chargeable goal hours, was asked to use PTO.
Pros
Flexible, work from home
Cons
long hour work and pessures
kind of slow
Facilities Assistant; Tax Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
maybe i worked at the wrong department but the days were a little slow paced for me i had to look for things to keep me busy instead of always having work to do.
Good start for a career
Audit Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
Deloitte gives you a solid backbone from where once can carry not only the reputation but also work ethics. Deloitte is a excellent platform to start a career because it provides you with all the resources needed for a motivated employee to excel whether it is tax, audit or advisory.
Amazing people
Technology Risk Advisory Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2017
The People at Deloitte are amazing. They are intelligent people who can work at very fast-pace but also carry you along.

You will travel a lot though depending on your role.
Nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYAugust 12, 2017
Client driven business. I worked with great people. Very professional. Enjoyed eveything about this position and this company. Would recommend highly.
Horrible Culture and Work Life Balance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2017
A culture where everyone is groomed to talk the talk but lack technical skills and real hands on experience. Most colleagues will piggy back on the one person in the room who is actually well versed in subject matter. Job includes a lot of political strife, insane hours (most of which are just because Deloitte management can't get its act together and not because of client expectations). All in all, very difficult to have a personal life in the slightest degree. Management will act as if they own your life and time. I would take back the years I've given this organization if I could. Worst mistake I've made in my career.
Loved my job, but never could move ahead
Knowledge Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 12, 2017
I found out I was being paid well below what I should have been, when I was finally laid off, I was being taken advantage of, I was doing the work of a manager but was never promoted probably so they didn't have to pay me what I was worth.
Pros
great benefits I loved working at the company I loved my job
Cons
you need to be part of the good ol boys network to move ahead
Politics works
Lead Functional Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 11, 2017
Only meant for a person who does not prioritize work life balance, good growth if so. Also lack of flexibility in the paths you take, industries you want to be a part of. As long as you have a mentor you can constantly do everything for, you are sorted.
Pros
social events
Great company to work for!
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
It was a wonderful company to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement. Long hours are put in especially during your busy season. Its a great place to work for young professionals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.