Deloitte Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,019 reviews matching the search
Top Tier Business Consulting Firm
Advisory and Consulting Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Great place to gain exposure to the toughest challenges facing the world's largest and most complex organizations. High demand to manage expectations and excel at all competencies expected for each given level. Deloitte has some of the sharpest and brightest minds in the industry and your ability to excel will be correlated to the degree you can add value above and beyond expectations.

If you are ready to challenge your career and believe you are a good culture fit for the firm, Deloitte is a great place to be.
Pros
Dynamic culture and exciting project exposure
Productive and Challenging Workplace
JD Edwards Functional Support (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2016
You are expected to be a professional from the time you set foot at a client site.

It helps that you are provided with all the tools to be successful and you come in with the knowledge of that particular industry.

The expectation that you have to sell additional services is not to my taste and that you are expected to maximize your billing hours sucks but that's life in consulting.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to see multiple industries
Cons
Sell, sell, sell
Typical big 4 accounting and large consulting firm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2016
Job and career development is highly dependent on what project and account you are staffed on. Learned the value of making real connections with staff, coaches, and leadership to enable career growth and development. Quality of management varies significantly from function to function and project to project. Hardest part of the job is navigating the internal politics to drive your career growth. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients solve problems and making a positive impact on others that you work with and serve.
Good company
Program Manager, Deloitte Consulting (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2016
These folks know exactly what they are doing. They set high standards, and consistently deliver.
Their project expectations and planning is excellent. The top level management folks are extremely smart and have a great sense of vision and planning. If you go to company social events (which are very frequent by the way), it is quite easy to have conversations with upper management people (Partners).
No work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
A typical consulting firm that has no work life balance. It is mini 6 days a work week with mini 10 hrs work and at times go all the way to 15 -18 hrs. Compensation is fair and nothing great and not commensurate the amount of work one does. Eminence is hard to establish and seems like one needs to be at a right place at the right time with right people to hope for advancement in the career. Career appraisal is arbitrary.
Great career starting point
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 31, 2016
I started with Deloitte Consulting out of undergrad. It is a very collegial environment and analysts are given the opportunity to succeed out of the gate. The culture requires an outgoing personality and the willingness to "schmooze and suck up" and networking events with the right people. All in all, I have loved my time at Deloitte.
Pros
Compensation, Exposure to leadership, Meaningful
Cons
Wasted vacation
Worked as a Sub-contractor in Deloitte. Knowing the functionality and the framework of the project which were well documented made coding fun
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 22, 2016
It is productive 8 hours work, mostly you can plan your next day work with some buffer for critical issues. Will need extra hours during initial development phase.
I was able to improve my leading and management skills. The development team, database team and the testing team worked together. The were well informed about the other team work and helpful to each other when issues occur.
Good spring board to something else
Senior Consultant - Technology Strategy (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 13, 2016
I did it for 3.5 years, just be wary of the sacrifice required in terms of work life balance. IT M&A can be specially bad in that regard, be smart about choosing your project teams and your managers. Some PPD's and senior managers have gamed the system, and are able to stay in even though they demoralize employees.
Pros
Work with really smart people, solve interesting problems.
Cons
Consulting has no work life balance, anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you.
Very strong big consulting firm
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2016
This is one of the strongest large consulting firms still in existence. As opposed to many other consulting firms going the way of public ownership and losing sight of their true culture, Deloitte is still privately owned and it shows in the culture. Employees are very high-caliber, there are great growth opportunities and management is supportive.
Very diverse. A place wiith plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Northeast Region Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was diversity, opportunity, growth and exposure. Not necessarily in that order. The job exposed me to a diverse environment that gave me the opportunity to grow. The company exceeded its expectations. Therefore, I exceeded my expectations in developing towards my maximum potential which has given me confidence in my ability to be an asset to any company that will invest in me.
Pros
Company outings, cultural events, workshops, seminars, personal growth courses, etc.
Cons
Outsourcing jobs to India
Everyday a new possibility
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOFebruary 2, 2016
I normally like to change at least 1 thing for each day I am working, sometimes I will take the car to go to office, some other times I will walk or take publlic transport. That kind of things make me be clear of my goals when I arrive at work. I have learned with time that once you are seated on your desk you have to be really focused on what you are doing, at least for the critical decisions that you will take over the day.

I describe myself as an easygoing person, which is open to communication with team, and who likes to give confidence to others so that they can have this open communication with me.
Pros
positive, teamwork, goal oriented
Cons
lot of working hours
Fun and alot of potential
DFit Intern Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Deloitte for many reasons.One of the reasons is because the staff is excellent. The staff at DFit puts a new meaning to customer service as it has one of the best I have ever seen. What I learned is how to better my customer service skills and my skills pertaining to fitness. The hardest thing as in any other job is learning how to do everything and be good at it. The most enjoyable thing about DFit is meeting many different kinds of people because the guests changed every week.
Builds Leaders but falls short on work-life balance.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
Great place to work and to develop leadership skills. There are many trainings tailored to develop your career as a future leader.

Unfortunately, the work-life balance is driven by each project although the corporation has a strong initiative focused on their traveling professionals.
Cool Place for younger employees
General Controls IT Audit, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
In my view its a great place for young up starts. Great place to fine tune skills in whatever practice or discipline you are in. Employees looking to have a family it takes a little more work and can be very demanding as any consulting job.
Pros
Big Company with plenty of resources
Cons
work life balance is non existent
Deloitte is a great place to find out who your are
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 10, 2016
Deloitte Consulting provides individuals with an entrepreneurial atmosphere where one makes one's own success. You are responsible for your career path, you are the master of your goals and professional development, and you are accountable for driving your own success. It's a terrific atmosphere to hone one's expertise and desire to succeed. Many get burnt out with the long hours and demanding travel schedule, but the sacrifices to get the job done in a manner unparalleled in the industry are completely worth it. Deloitte is a crucible within which individuals learn their limitations, and overcome them under pressure to exceed client expectations. The people who succeed at Deloitte go on to become leaders in every industry. If you want to test yourself, this is the place to do it.
Pros
Knowledge base, tool sets, culture, prestige
Cons
Long hours, pressure
Excellent Place to Start !
Lead Consultant for Hyperion Suite of Products (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Great project experience. Ability to manage your own career. Broad opportunities. Great exposure to executives.If you enjoy consulting and travel and want to become a partner, this is a good place for you.
Pros
Great Work Life /Balance, Work Culture, Good on Compensation & Benefit.
Cons
Unpredictable work projects, 120% Travel
Should be #1 in Forbes 100 best places to work
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2016
Besides the long hours that are expected during tax season, the work life balance is perfect. You can work from home with the flexibility thats given. Come and go as you please as long as your work is done. Its nice being around high achievers.
Pros
Great Flexibility
Cons
Tax Season minimum hour requirements
Lots of hours
Senior Solutions Engineer Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 10, 2016
Project Based, Long hours , No projects, favoritism , no advancement, No work life fit, If you are not on a project you are shunned and mistreated. When you are on a project you have to work long hours , weekends and have no life. Management only cares about the dollars they make.
Excellent Company
Specialist Master (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Deloitte is a great organizations for any level of candidate. The company believes in "Employee as an Asset" values. Lots of flexibility and accountability provided to its pratitioner's. Good compentation
Pros
Trust on Employee, Great Compensation, Flexibility and Work Life Fit policy
Cons
Need to work on their inter office transfer poilicies
Encourage Collaboration and Provide Opportunity to Learn
Senior Consultant, Technology (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Deloitte is a wonderful place to enhance one's skillset and get opportunities to support Fortune 500 clients. Opportunities are numerous to grow one's network within the company establishing the base required to advance. It is a mostly collaborative environment with some very bright people you will learn a lot from.

It will however challenge your ability to maintain a work life balance. This isn't the case on all projects but, more than half of the time you will put in 12+ hours per day though some of that is away from the office tending to emails on your PD.

The importance of your network cannot be understated. Take all opportunities to grow it if you're interested in a long career at Deloitte.
Pros
Collaborative environment, pay
Cons
Work Life Balance