Deloitte
1,562 reviews

Deloitte United States Employee Reviews

It was a place to work.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 2, 2015
Pros: Great company, great coworkers.
Cons: Really they only that bother me a bit was office politics.
It was a great place to work. Everyone is so enjoyable to be around with. There was plenty of equipment to be able to use to fix issues without having to worry about budget issues. There was also a great educational budget where we were able to take advantage of. Environment was great.
Great company and philosophy
Track Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2015
Pros: On boarding, benefits
Cons: Work life balance
Deloitte is a great company with an very successful philosophy and history. I was very impressed with their on boarding orientation and training.
A Shark Tank
Cloud Integration Engineer (Former Employee), CharlestonMay 1, 2015
Pros: decent salary/large company
Cons: very impersonal company/shark tank mentality/no job security
One short sentence: No work/life balance! To much emphasis is placed on networking and not actually your work experience and what you actually bring to the table.
Long Hours, Great People
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2015
Pros: People, culture, recognition
Cons: Long hours
You're expected to work a lot to compete with your peers for a top rating but the people and the benefits are fantastic.

I've been on many projects and on each one so far everyone has been very driven to provide the best results no matter how many hours it takes - which is great for having pride in your work and delivering great solutions, but also takes a toll on work/life balance. Leadership is good about recognizing these efforts though and gives "applause awards" (Amex gift cards) or takes the team out to happy hours or dinners often.
A Giant of Consulting World
Sr. Systems Engineer/Software Engineer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 29, 2015
Deloitte is a company with many opportunities and possibilities. There is no life-work balance in Deloitte, no matter what their orientation power points say.

I've met numerous highly skilled and bright people in Deloitte. Overall, I enjoyed working there.
Deloitte
Global Product Manager (Current Employee), Glen Mills, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Morale is low at Deloitte. A lot of employee churn. Not a lot of mobility either, which is disappointing. The work-life balance is not something that's considered, as a lot of people work a lot of nights and weekends due to poor planning.
Description
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYApril 29, 2015
My current job gave me an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways.
Extremely competitive team and fun to work with
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2015
The day usually begins with status update from the team located offshore. We take the requirements from the client, build the business logic and handover the development to the offshore team.
The team is intelligent and hardworking and always ready to burn the midnight oil to meet the milestones. There is good team spirit and we find the solution to most of the problems within the project itself.
The tough part of the job is that we are always burdened with work with less time for family.
SAP CRM Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
Excellent Practice and Processes

- Flexible and Easy on policies
- Good Culture
- Very approachable Sr Leadership
- Accomodative
- Good on package and compensations
- Provides ample opportunities

The vision for SAP CRM practice is a little dicy
Snr Professioals Not very good at developing its employees
Tax Professional (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Development goals of those you report to are generally not aligned with the organization's goals.
The organization itself has a lot of great programs that help you with your professional development. However, you do not, generally, get a lot of support from the teams that you work with.
What I learned I need
Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Rosslyn, VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Brand, Health and Fitness Subsidy, pay, large pool of talent, large network, wide variety of projects
Cons: Assigned projects do not take into consideration practitioner's permanent residence, No true vacation because you have to make it up by working more hours each week, Lack of work life balance and lack of flexibility/predictability, limited ability for funded additional or higher education, difficult to break into new service line
What I learned (and what I am looking for):
Find motivation and satisfaction with success from within. Do not look to others to validate your successes
Find something that you enjoy doing and an environment where you can continually learn
Once you start developing capabilities, play to your strengths
Find people who inspire you and learn from them
Don’t underestimate your ability to achieve great things
Unsupportive of working mothers and management is not technical
Specialist Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Rosslyn, VAApril 24, 2015
Pros: being able to reach out to global deloitte offices
Cons: not enough technical positions for engineers/systems engineers
I learned a lot that I would be able to apply to my next position but management is not supportive of anyone's career and management is not technical so they don't understand what it takes to accomplish client's goals and objectives.
good place
Performance Management Research Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
great place to be and be seen, really got their name out there. a bunch of go getters. they do it and do it right. never had any problems with the process there and have a lot of fun working with them.
Good when it is good
Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Tremendous Ops
You learn a lot but the environment can be tough. Good people - you will learn alot. Hours are long and sometimes the reward just isn't there.
If they don't have a project for you they fire you.
Project Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
It's a good resume building place. The most troubling thing for me is that you are basically on your own. You get hired for a project and then you have to everything for yourself from getting your next assignment to filing every bit of paperwork. They must save money by having you do everything for them. If you have a problem the answer is always the same "Call 1- 800-Deloitte".
Good
SAP FI/CO Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
It was great working, Always delivered timely solutions.I was able to deliver unique and cost effective solutions to the clients.
Fast pace and competitive
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for Deloitte is the network I've build both personally and professionally.

A typical day at work is repetitive and tedious, I would like to engage in more challenging day-to-day activities.
Smart and Motivated Colleagues; Experience is very project-dependent
Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Talented staff, great benefits, salary on higher-end of consulting firms
Cons: Experience is largely defined by project that you are staffed on, can be hard to roll off once you become a SME
Pros:
Talented staff, great benefits, salary on higher-end of consulting firms

Cons:
Experience is largely defined by project that you are staffed on -- can be hard to roll off once you become a SME
Poor insight and leadership at partner level made clients and most talented individuals in federal HIT practice miserable
Specialist Master (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Some great people to work with, great emotional support from my client
Cons: Having to commute 3 hours a day to sit at a desk and talk on the phone
I was chronically overworked, required to "eat" hours (on a federal contract), and pressured to have jr business analysts do work they could barely discuss, let alone provide quality work for our government client.

Work the client requested which could have been transformational was never turned over to them, as it was deemed "out of scope" of the fixed price contract by management.

While styling itself as a healthcare IT leader, only the private sector arm had meaningful success, primarily with installation of EHRS at large medical centers.

I did have an opportunity to work with several other comparably expert individuals of high caliber and integrity. Few, if any, still remain with Deloitte after just a few years, and nearly all cite comparable reasons for leaving.
Great place to experience tremendous growth
Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYApril 14, 2015
Deloitte is a great place to build your brand and be formed into a high performing industry leader.The people hired by Deloitte are brilliant, hardworking, motivated and they know it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Deloitte

Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single – Read more

Deloitte Salaries