Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 1,395 reviews matching the search
great place to start
senior audit manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Started my career here- good culture, great people, and I am glad I started my career at Deloitte. I learned a lot, and they cultivate their people.
typical big 4
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 30, 2017
great place to start your career and to have on your resume, but they work you like crazy the first few years, but if you can stick through it, it will pay off in the end, but great culture otherwise
Fast-paced environment
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Deloitte is an excellent place for a college graduate to start his/her accounting/finance career. You will get to experience a wide breadth of clients, and also gain exposure to Financial Statement audits, along with audits over internal controls.
Relaxed and fun work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Workplace culture seemed relaxed with an emphasis on networking. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with coworkers that are supportive. Perhaps, I was somewhat fortunate, but my team was full of hardworking, encouraging, and determined individuals. The hardest part of the job was to find time and motivation to be involved in firm initiative work/projects. I understand the idea and goals of firm initiative, but the requirement and impact firm initiative (non-client hours) have on your performance rating seemed a little ridiculous.
Terrible
CPA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Terrible experience,long hours. I wasn't promoted even though my clients loved me. I didn't stay long until I left to go corporate. My typical day during tax season was long and hard. I worked like a dog.I learned you reallly have to work hard to climb the corporate ladder,even in an accounting firm. Management was mean and rude.
Pros
Hot girls
Cons
Political, long hours, powerpoint everything to death
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 27, 2017
Deloitte is no longer competitive with smaller firms so they introduced a new staffing model. Beware if you are hired into this - when your contract ends it is unlikely you will find a new one. Strategy and Operations is especially challenging. Deloitte has more politics than many of their government clients. Cut throat culture with poor work life balance. "We hire young people that need experience, work them to death, and then once they realize how terrible we are, they leave." I'll leave this review on a positive note - the lunches and happy hours were nice!
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Management, culture, work/life balance
Great Career Move
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 24, 2017
Very fast paced results driven environment. Working cross industries on various projects aids in building knowledge and skills required to be a successful Consultant
Pros
Working @ a Big 4 Company
Cons
80% Travel
Great Place to Start Career
Senior Manager, Business Risk Advisory (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Deloitte is great company to start your career. Ability to work on challenging projects with some of the smartest people in the industry. The things I enjoyed most were the vast amount of diverse project experience, team culture, and vast amount of training opportunities (soft skills and technical).
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexibility based on team, State of the art training facility and technology
Cons
Bureaucratic environment as you move up the ladder
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2017
This firm, Deloitte, is a very productive and fun place to work. The experience derived from here is great. The people are smart, friendly and great to work with.
Pros
Experience and culture
Good coworkers, bad management
Specialist Leader / Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2017
I found the culture very young and vibrant. Coworkers were energetic and willing to learn. Management makes many promises concerning career advancement but were often missing in action...
Benefits
Good Place to Work
FHA Loan Specialist/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Nice place to work and develop new skills while being able to utilize new skills. Nice people and a good sense of teamwork.
new technologies
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 24, 2017
The work culture is really great and have learnt a lot of new technologies. Worked in a good team. Enjoyed the company parties.
Fun Place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Fun place to work, especially if you are fresh out of college. This was my first job out of college and I learnt a lot working in this environment.
Internship was best I have seen
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Loved the internship more than most opportunities I have seen or heard about in the marketplace. I wish it was a year earlier, because it lets one understand a lot about their strengths and weaknesses.
Manager | Mergers & Acquisitions Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2017
It was a great to launch my career. I had a lot of growth opportunities and great mentors. Learned a lot about finance and accounting, work life balance was sometimes tricky but i really enjoyed working with my teams.
deloitte
Solutions Engineer Full Time (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Ask them about the bench during interview. They pay well but can be unstable depending on the job.

Lot of job potential short term, 90% H1B Visas
Pros
free food
Cons
you get fat
productive and professional place to work
IT Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Analyzing Business Requirements and Formulating Software Specifications.Developing new applications and interfaces programs for the customers in different industries in the IT environment. (SAP Platform)
Fun and productive
Information Technology - Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 19, 2017
Very good company, very good experience interning here during that Summer. The staff and management were very friendly and also eager for me to learn more. I enjoyed my time there and hope in the future, if there is an availability, to be employed as an engineer in the firm.
An environment where one can grow professionally
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Believes in work/life balance. The company encourages its employees to be the best they can be.
Wonderful experience
On Borading Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2017
Culture is inclusive, and team/partner oriented. People are fantastic, strong mentoring possible if you desire. Management really smart, know how to operate and execute strategy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.