Deloitte
1,162 reviews

Deloitte Employer Reviews

Great political company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2014
If you're willing to play some serious politics to get a head, then this is the place for you. $30k difference among peers with same job title and level of education and experience.
Deloitte Consulting - a two year countdown to freedom
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: salary, learning the consulting toolkit
Cons: hours, management, work-life balance, staffing model, performance management system
Deloitte Consulting is fine for two years, but senior management does not understand how to develop or retain top business school talent. The job a good learning experience for two years, but I would not recommend staying longer than that. After two years, you can command equal or better pay at numerous companies which offer better management, culture, – more... and hours, with less travel. There are numerous reasons for moving on:

The performance management system is antiquated and full of conflicting incentives. If Deloitte wants to build a successful consulting business, they should use some of their many resources to improve this system.

Many of the senior managers and partners selling and managing projects treat the more junior people like expendable resources. While there are a few diamonds in the rough, they aren't enough to inspire and motivate new consultants to stay and grow a career.

Deloitte touts a generalist staffing model, but the individuals who are rewarded and able to succeed are those that find an industry niche as quickly as possible.

For those looking for consulting experience, you definitely obtain it. However, I cannot fathom why someone would stay longer than 2 years. – less
Great work environment
Associate Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
The Deloitte work environment was great to be a part of. The team is very easy to get along with and management is always there for assistance and guidance. A typical day at work is working with employees at Deloitte with their technical questions and problems.
Administrative Assistant
Accounting Firm - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work was mostly scheduled travel and car accommodations, created power point presentation, prepared all expenses for reimbursement and answered all calls.

I learned how to managed a outlook calendar, how to scheduled meetings & all new Microsoft software.

I enjoyed this job because of my co-workers and I met new friends.
Great company, don't expect to learn
Manager (Current Employee), Rosslyn, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: management
see above please. lack of structure and direction in certain groups at this group. limited development opportunities
Deliotte is cheap
Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2014
Cons: recruiter was not honest
This review pertained the interview process.
i drove 4 hours round trip to out of town interview. Meals expenses were deducted from my reimbursement. The form clearly stated that meal will be expense if it has not been paid by the company.
Best part of Deloitte
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAJuly 15, 2014
Deloitte participates in community services, raising donation in house, etc... It is mandatory for employees to participated in pro-bono work for a day of the year. This is what I like most about Deloitte, it gives back to the community.
Very productive place to work
Tax Consultant II (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: managing work/life balance
Great experience working at Deloitte. I was able to learn something new almost every single day that I work there. That is a job trait that is not very which is what I loved the most. During the busy period you just have to make sure you stay organized so that you never fall behind
Jumpstart your Career
Audit Senior (Current Employee), Bay Area and SacramentoJuly 9, 2014
Deloitte is a great company that focuses on training and developing you as an indiviudal. It is a great place to begin your career.
great place to start a career
Senior Audit Manager (Former Employee), philadelphiaJuly 9, 2014
great place to gain foundational experience
quick advancement
Good Place to work
Security and Privacy Specialist (Current Employee), Washington DC metro areaJuly 9, 2014
Deloitte hires the best. If you put your best effort forward you'll be rewarded and compensated accordingly.
The Dilenschneider Group
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
I did a summer internship at the Dilenschneider Group during my Sophomore summer into Junior Fall of College.
Great Company to Start Career
Audit Senior (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good name
Cons: hours, you are just a number, no value add, poor work life balance
Was given the opportunity after 2 years to manage a team of staff.
Great place for fresh grads
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2014
A great place to learn and grow
Get to work in different projects. Most work is based on client requirement and translating them to a system.
Wonderful company! Great place to work!
Independence Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VirginiaJuly 2, 2014
Deloitte LLP is a great company to work for. The benefits are awesome and there is great growth potential.
A great place to launch your career
Audit Assistant, Financial Services Industry (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
I have learned so much on this job. The people I worked with were amazing and helpful. I was offered extensive training that allowed me to grow to my full potential.
No job security as a project associate
Government Operations Project Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: lots of learning opportunities
Cons: no job security. low pay. difficult to advance as an associate
Deloitte seems to value very young talent with little or no real world experience.
This job was exciting, challenging but rewarding
Information Systems (IS) Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 1, 2014
Rewarding career if you are looking to solve complex engineering and IT systems engineering problems. Deloitte works with a range of customers to solve various problems and provide various solutions.
Productive and fun work place
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2014
It was very challenging and got to learn a lot... My co-workers were very friendly... the hardest part of the job is that I am a work a holic and cannot stay until I finish the task... enjoyable part is getting to learn lot of things.
Producitve
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNJune 30, 2014
Technical Consultant with extensive experience in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process of requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, quality assurance, implementation, client support phases of client-server architecture and database integration in various hardware platforms. Comprehensive Technical expertise in performing – more... software quality assurance tasks and software testing in various industries, projects, and environments. Specialized in manual and automated testing of client-server, standalone, multi-tier, and web-based application. Extensive experience in writing test plans, test cases, setting up test environment, preparing test scenarios test data and developing requirement traceability surrounding substance(RTM), defect tracking and test result analysis. – less

About Deloitte

Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single – Read more