Deloitte
1,726 reviews

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Extremely competitive team and fun to work with
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2015
The day usually begins with status update from the team located offshore. We take the requirements from the client, build the business logic and handover the development to the offshore team.
The team is intelligent and hardworking and always ready to burn the midnight oil to meet the milestones. There is good team spirit and we find the solution to most of the problems within the project itself.
The tough part of the job is that we are always burdened with work with less time for family.
SAP CRM Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
Excellent Practice and Processes

- Flexible and Easy on policies
- Good Culture
- Very approachable Sr Leadership
- Accomodative
- Good on package and compensations
- Provides ample opportunities

The vision for SAP CRM practice is a little dicy
Snr Professioals Not very good at developing its employees
Tax Professional (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Development goals of those you report to are generally not aligned with the organization's goals.
The organization itself has a lot of great programs that help you with your professional development. However, you do not, generally, get a lot of support from the teams that you work with.
What I learned I need
Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Rosslyn, VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Brand, Health and Fitness Subsidy, pay, large pool of talent, large network, wide variety of projects
Cons: Assigned projects do not take into consideration practitioner's permanent residence, No true vacation because you have to make it up by working more hours each week, Lack of work life balance and lack of flexibility/predictability, limited ability for funded additional or higher education, difficult to break into new service line
What I learned (and what I am looking for):
Find motivation and satisfaction with success from within. Do not look to others to validate your successes
Find something that you enjoy doing and an environment where you can continually learn
Once you start developing capabilities, play to your strengths
Find people who inspire you and learn from them
Don’t underestimate your ability to achieve great things
Unsupportive of working mothers and management is not technical
Specialist Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Rosslyn, VAApril 24, 2015
Pros: being able to reach out to global deloitte offices
Cons: not enough technical positions for engineers/systems engineers
I learned a lot that I would be able to apply to my next position but management is not supportive of anyone's career and management is not technical so they don't understand what it takes to accomplish client's goals and objectives.
good place
Performance Management Research Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
great place to be and be seen, really got their name out there. a bunch of go getters. they do it and do it right. never had any problems with the process there and have a lot of fun working with them.
Good when it is good
Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Tremendous Ops
You learn a lot but the environment can be tough. Good people - you will learn alot. Hours are long and sometimes the reward just isn't there.
If they don't have a project for you they fire you.
Project Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
It's a good resume building place. The most troubling thing for me is that you are basically on your own. You get hired for a project and then you have to everything for yourself from getting your next assignment to filing every bit of paperwork. They must save money by having you do everything for them. If you have a problem the answer is always the same "Call 1- 800-Deloitte".
Good
SAP FI/CO Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
It was great working, Always delivered timely solutions.I was able to deliver unique and cost effective solutions to the clients.
Fast pace and competitive
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for Deloitte is the network I've build both personally and professionally.

A typical day at work is repetitive and tedious, I would like to engage in more challenging day-to-day activities.
Smart and Motivated Colleagues; Experience is very project-dependent
Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Talented staff, great benefits, salary on higher-end of consulting firms
Cons: Experience is largely defined by project that you are staffed on, can be hard to roll off once you become a SME
Pros:
Talented staff, great benefits, salary on higher-end of consulting firms

Cons:
Experience is largely defined by project that you are staffed on -- can be hard to roll off once you become a SME
Poor insight and leadership at partner level made clients and most talented individuals in federal HIT practice miserable
Specialist Master (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Some great people to work with, great emotional support from my client
Cons: Having to commute 3 hours a day to sit at a desk and talk on the phone
I was chronically overworked, required to "eat" hours (on a federal contract), and pressured to have jr business analysts do work they could barely discuss, let alone provide quality work for our government client.

Work the client requested which could have been transformational was never turned over to them, as it was deemed "out of scope" of the fixed price contract by management.

While styling itself as a healthcare IT leader, only the private sector arm had meaningful success, primarily with installation of EHRS at large medical centers.

I did have an opportunity to work with several other comparably expert individuals of high caliber and integrity. Few, if any, still remain with Deloitte after just a few years, and nearly all cite comparable reasons for leaving.
Great place to experience tremendous growth
Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYApril 14, 2015
Deloitte is a great place to build your brand and be formed into a high performing industry leader.The people hired by Deloitte are brilliant, hardworking, motivated and they know it.
Excellent company with solid reputation in the consulting industry
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
Quality is imperative and an integral part of every day and every deliverable. This is a good place to learn from professionals in many industries and business sectors. Pay is good, hours are long, but benefits and vacation time is plentiful.
Consultant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 12, 2015
Deloitte is really good company for anyone who want to settle down in their career. It has been great 5 years for me in this organization. I was able to balance my work and personal life.
Poor Work Life Balance
Senior Consultant, Federal Strategy & Operations (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 11, 2015
Great benefits, mixed experience with people, poor mid-level management. Networking and "who you know" more important that what you deliver and the quality of your work.
N\A
Application Management Services ID Consultant (Former Employee), OmahaApril 9, 2015
I have learned and grown from experience with the company.
I developed my skills in creating Tip Sheets and Communication Alerts.
Hectic environment. Consulting side of the house is very dedicated to self-preservation. Lack of chargeable work makes you vulerable to dismissal.
Project Manager/Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), VIrginiaApril 8, 2015
Great company to enhance your work skills in the consulting arena. However, you must always be looking for your next project. If not, you end up on the bench and subject to being laid off.
Enjoyable
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Wilton, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Everything
Enjoyed working here. Everyone was humble and friendly and if you did not know something they did not hesitate no to show you. Loved it here and it was a great experience in my life.
A learning experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), San FranciscoApril 4, 2015
Deloitte is a learning journey where you need to keep on your toes all the time in terms of latest technology as well as in terms of other consulting skills. Deloitte gave me a lot of opportunity to learn and grow.

About Deloitte

Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single – Read more

Deloitte Salaries