Deloitte Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,017 reviews matching the search
It was great experience for me. I am sure i can use that to benefit me and the organization in the future.
Java Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 20, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn the technology. The development framework used for the project is quit old but it had its own challenges.

Office culture is relaxed and friendly.

I have learned new technologies at this project which will help me throughout my career.
Good people
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2015
My tasks on a daily basis are varied, the people I work with are good, hard workers.

The hardest part of my job is I keeping up with multiple deadlines and the most enjoyable part of my job is the variety of responsibilities I have and the people I work with.

Benefits are good and the group I work with is very flexible as far as schedule.
Good company
Program Manager, Deloitte Consulting (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2016
These folks know exactly what they are doing. They set high standards, and consistently deliver.
Their project expectations and planning is excellent. The top level management folks are extremely smart and have a great sense of vision and planning. If you go to company social events (which are very frequent by the way), it is quite easy to have conversations with upper management people (Partners).
Rewards high achievers
Forensics Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
the environment can be competitive at times, but everyone works hard, and management recognizes performance with generous compensation
No work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
A typical consulting firm that has no work life balance. It is mini 6 days a work week with mini 10 hrs work and at times go all the way to 15 -18 hrs. Compensation is fair and nothing great and not commensurate the amount of work one does. Eminence is hard to establish and seems like one needs to be at a right place at the right time with right people to hope for advancement in the career. Career appraisal is arbitrary.
Great place to grow!
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAAugust 11, 2015
I have worked with this organization for many years, great culture, never a dull moment!!
Great opportunities if you are competitive and have focus.
Pros
Work hard and you are rewarded here!!
Not for senior people
sr. manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 24, 2015
Deloitte consulting is run by people that don't know how to create work products that meet the needs of their customers. Most seem to be geared to promoting the type of work that can guarantee billable hours w/o delivering value to the customer and getting the customer to accept the charges.

Senior people will not want to work at Deloitte as there will be no opportunity for advancement as the ranks above them are already swollen. I would recommend smaller boutique consulting companies that give one the opportunity to develop lasting relationships with customers as opposed to pushing the hours like a law office,
Pros
site i worked was close to home
Cons
management, business model, corporate culture
Deloitte Consulting
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
Great place to work. Networking is key for success. Plenty of opportunities to grow but comes at the cost of sacrificing work life balance
This is a job for someone not wanting to learn new technologies and just follow a script
Initial Support Services (ISS) | CallCenter (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 29, 2015
The pay and scheduling was the only real plus for this job. They over basically NO ongoing training. Advancement is the good ole boy network. So many promotions were to the managers buddies who wanted to party with them.
fun workplace
Summer ITS Intern (Former Employee) –  NashvilleJuly 23, 2015
It is a fun work place with a normal compensation. It is a good exposure and work culture is good and formal. You can enjoy and work here with good balance between work and life
Solid professional services firm
Specialist Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2015
Deloitte is a large professional services firm with many opportunities for young professionals to learn and build their overall marketability. It is a large firm and the opportunities are related to performance and time, so progress can be slow for most people. The pay and benefits are excellent, and the caliber of the colleagues is very high. A top performer elsewhere is average here, so expect very high standards.

The pace is pretty grueling, so go in with both eyes open that you will probably work 60-80 hours per week on average, and more during peak times. And not all of this is client work. There will be quite a bit of practice development work like proposals, white papers, recruiting, training sessions, etc. on top of 45 hrs per week of client work.
Great employer
Oracle DBA/Informatica /OBIEE Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 12, 2015
Deloitte consulting is a great place to work. I would recommend it for every graduate coming out of the school. Due to long hours it can be tough on people with younger kids.
Pros
great network of professionals
Cons
The best place to work and I am a born and brought up Deloitte person.
USA, Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL, USAMay 31, 2015
Proud to be part of the Deloitte brand. Best leadership and the teams to work with.

Managed multiple teams and clients.

Love the client list Deloitte has and the treatment being Deloitte gets as a vendor.

Clients always consider Deloitte as a partner rather than a just vendor.

I only have the working culture of Deloitte in my career and very happy to be part of Deloitte for 10 long years.
True leader in business consulting
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San JoseJune 2, 2015
Best company to work if you are looking to grow in business consulting. They are the true leader. Management is good and supportive.
Pros
Management, benefits
Cons
Work Life is low
Great place to begin your career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
The rapid pace of development, exposure to varying clients, environments, and scopes-of-work is incredible for young professionals. Highly recommend any smart, hard-working, adventurous professional begin their career at a big consulting firm.

Ultimately though, Consulting is a lifestyle choice that does not work for everyone. Be reflective of how you want to achieve balance for yourself.
Pros
learning through experience, broad exposure
Cons
difficulty finding balance
People are great, as long as you know the right people
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Live or die by your network. If you are not linked up with the leaders, there are people who will intentionally stand in your way and block your trajectory at the firm. Its a very cliquey environment.

When you find your niche and the people you like working with, stay with them for as many projects as you can - that's what makes it at good firm to work for.

Its a little hard to move around. Once you are in a spot, its difficult getting traction to make a move to another area. This goes back to the network. You have to build all over again and that can take some time.
Pros
Loads of free food, fun after work activities
Cons
Cliquey, like being in high school, career blockers
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Good management
Good experience
Really helps you get a broad range of experience
Need to decide some point if you are willing to go the Partner route or choose the best time to make a move out
Great Place to Work ,Very co operative team
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
On the Typical day working hours is hactic,but I learned so many thing from hire environment. and Management is good and Co worker is also cooprative.
Pros
Good Place to work and increase a Knowledge
Cons
Salary is less
Stuffy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
It wasn't a bad place to work but most people were really serious and a little stuffy. I didn't have a bad experience at all. Management is fair and they are talented people. The culture is a bit boring but it just wasn't for me. It's a great company though and I liked it, just didn't love it.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
Located downtown Atlanta, parking and traffic are terrible
Great People, Poor Work/Life Balance
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 21, 2015
I averaged 80 hour weeks for most of my time at Deloitte. The teams helped me to get through the day as they were typically made up of younger people all going through the same dreadful situation. The overall learning experience is good as you get exposure to every aspect of the financial statements. Opportunity to move up and manage people is almost a guarantee if you know what you are doing.

Overall it comes down to if you want to advance your career a few steps further, or enjoy life a lot more. To me, the low pay was not worth my time to where I felt like I had to stay there and throw the rest of my life away.
Pros
younger culture; learn a lot in a short amount of time
Cons
crazy hours for not enough pay