Deloitte Employee Reviews

Working as an Intern at Deloitte
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GASeptember 6, 2015
Typical day was to attend meetings in the morning.
Followed by doing day-to-day calculations.
Creating powerpoint.
Presenting powerpoint to management.
Best Place to Start a Career
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2015
Public Accounting is the best place to start a career in Accounting/Finance. There is no comparison to the amount of knowledge gained during your tenure at a public accounting firm. The firm is dedicated to educating their personnel and providing unparalleled access to knowledge databases on anything and everything Accounting, Cyber Security, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.

Although I was not at the firm long (2 years), and I would not be a good fit now, I am very grateful for my experiences and mostly for the network of great people that I still keep in contact with.
Pros
Access to knowledge databases, technology
Cons
Work life balance was nearly non-existent
Deloitte USDC Orlando
Solution Developer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaAugust 31, 2015
Colleagues are very friendly and supportive. Good Team spirit. Work is quite challenging and many a times i worked on many new stuff.
The most enjoyable part working at Deloitte are the people you work with.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  300 Corporate Center Drive, Camp Hill, PA USAAugust 28, 2015
As a Project Administrator for a delivery center project can be very demanding, however, the people you work with makes each day a productive and enjoyable day.
Cons
Productive workplace because I love my work.
Tester (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 26, 2015
Ability to work with a diversified group of people, which
helped me developed both professional and intellectual growth.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working closely with the functional and development staff, I have gained new technical and businesses skills from each new testing tools utilized during my tenure working on the project.

Learned on the job-skills, such as reviewing, writing and updating test scripts, executing in JIRA/JAMA. Performed in different functional of the project, from modules (Eligibility, Alerts , Data Collection screens and Integration testing).

Team Lead - worked with the new hire, such as, trained them about the Application, Tools (JAMA , JIRA), Defect Life cycle.
Pros
Team Lunches, Bowling
Cons
More Hours and Number game
Productive and very challenging with training opportunities
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Marshall IslandsAugust 25, 2015
If not at your client's office testing, in the office drafting the reports based on the test results. It is a small office with only five employees. Learned to work with different kind of people and different kind of environment. Built my interpersonal and communication skills. Focus so much on time management was very important. Helpful and considerate co-workers. The hardest part of the job is to get your client to agree with your findings. The most enjoyable part of the job is going from one industry to another (auditing of different industries), meeting new people and networking.
Great place to start if you do not know what you want to do
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2015
Deloitte is a great place to start if you do not know what you want to do. However, if you have a particular path in mind, I would advise finding an entry level job in that industry.
Great place to work!!!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
Great place to start your career. Lower level employee get great visibility into higher management and get a lot of hands on experience leading team, interacting with the client and owning work.
Pros
Free travel and expenses
Cons
Long work hours during the week and sometimes the weekend.
Work with some of the brightest, hard working individuals
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2015
Deloitte provides great learning opportunities. You are provided the opportunity to make a difference from day 1 and work on challenging projects. They have great training programs. Work with some of the brightest minds in the business.
Pros
The people, variety of projects, growth opportunities
Great Culture
OBIEE Solution Developer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 18, 2015
Many opportunities and a great culture reside at Deloitte.

I learned the ins and outs of working with OBIEE on a deeper level including working in a team atmosphere than spanned the globe!
Think about this before applying or accepting
Analyst (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 17, 2015
Deloitte is a good firm with competitive benefits and has a good brand.
However it has many of the departments working in silos which makes it very difficult to move around. It can be a cutthroat environment coupled with the departments managed by incompetent people at first and second level management and above them are so far removed and out of touch they do not know what is going on. This setup for making it more difficult to move and to try something new.
Pros
Benefits, work schedule, strong firm
Cons
office politics, chronism, lack of leadership development, leadership and workforce is not diverse with minorites
Great Experience with Deloitte, Management Horrible!
Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 17, 2015
I had a great experience with Deloitte. I was able to travel and experience some interesting environments. I was able to visit a friend for a wedding in a completely different state and work from his home at the same time.

They had a decent training program. Unfortunately, I had previous experience, and they wanted me to come onboard as an experienced developer rather than an entry-level developer. I had no support at all. Part of this was due to the fact that the center where I worked was closing down.

The management was too busy trying to advance their own careers than to support their developers with the problems they are confronted with.
Pros
Great company. Good work/life balance
Cons
Overall a decent place to work
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 17, 2015
Both Pros and Cons are there.
Pays good but again also compromises in time for personal life has to be made to balance the work need.
Seniors in office are not very supportive but company policies support employees
Work Day
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 15, 2015
Work day consist of a lot of people interaction mainly through emails and conference calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving difficult tasks
had a very good time.
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2015
Had very good time with my Co-workers.
When my manager appreciates i feel happy.
serving its clients and helping them solve their toughest problems.
Learning Environment
Business/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2015
Great place to learn among competition and further career on Business side
Learning environment to start a career with and look for growth
N/a
One Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2015
Great place to work. Very valuable work experience and great people and atmosphere. Limited on advancement on the Services side of the company.
Great Place to work at
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
The company is great and has lots of policies in place to assist you in doing your work properly and ensuring you are alway in compliance. Work environment is great.
Pros
Fun crowd
Cons
Admins report to HR person and not their assigned partners
Great place to grow!
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAAugust 11, 2015
I have worked with this organization for many years, great culture, never a dull moment!!
Great opportunities if you are competitive and have focus.
Pros
Work hard and you are rewarded here!!
Exciting workplace
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 11, 2015
A nice work environment built around the importance of teamwork. Managers work with staff and specialists to guarantee deliverables are completed accurately and on time.
Pros
Great communication between management and staff
Cons
Occasional Long Hours depending on work load