Delphi Corporation Employee Reviews

Great intern program
Sales and Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI 48326July 6, 2017
Really enjoyed the internships. Excellent place to work. Internships are a great place to show you skills to management and get experience working for a global corporation.
Have not been there since the bankruptcy
Global Supply Mgmt Systems & Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 26, 2017
Spent 30 years there - Great company with great pay/benefits and good opportunity for advancement and career opportunities - I miss working there. Varied product lines and technologies.
Pros
Automotive Leader
Cons
Very Big
Product pipline
Sr. Manufacturing Test Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 26, 2017
Since 2009 economical down turn, and company take over, the new product pipeline seems to be getting dry. The management created uncertain work environment for employees.
Great environment with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Although I had a short time there it was extremely beneficial to my future endeavors. Great environment that makes you feel extremely welcome. Highly recommend
Progressive
International Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI 48098November 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at Delphi for over 8 years. My job was as a clerk in the International Human Resource Department. I found the job to be interesting and enjoyable.

I enjoyed working with staff and the expatriates who were going out of the USA on assignment. I also enjoyed interacting with the expatriates who were coming into the USA to work at Delphi facilities. I learned about different cultures and found that it is important to be aware of the use of terms that we find common, but may be offensive to other cultures. It was a good experience.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Good company some management unworthy
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  MiMay 16, 2016
I was able to learn many facets of the company in accounting positions. In most cases I was treated fairly and honestly. There were times when work life balance was impossible due to workload and deadlines. Due to a few attrition stages a few positions were combined for several employees. This made it very difficult to keep current for many people. Management was not forthcoming with appreciation for extra effort. Expectations were unrealistic. non-managerial salary positions meant 50-60 hrs a week.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
no support when requested
Toxic Environment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INApril 2, 2016
Worst corporate environment I have ever worked for. Only work here if you can't find any other job in the area, and then keep looking for a new job so you can get out of there. Seriously!
Great place
Sales Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 29, 2015
I loved working at Delphi and I loved the environment. I had been in the automotive industry for some time and I was able to learn a lot of different things.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
department outsourced
Problem Solver
Quality Engineer & Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IndianaMarch 17, 2015
Solving problems with quality issues at General Motors with components and automotive wiring harnesses. Supervising and troubleshooting during launches of new automotive parts. The most enjoyable part of the job is networking with new people and helping them with quality issues.
Delphi
UAW Hourly Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 3, 2014
Typical UAW hourly job. Not much more to say about General Motors.
Ok Company
Job setter/Operator/Kingsbury, Broach (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 20, 2014
Maintained quality standards by gauging parts and implementing corrective action as needed.
Coordinated with skilled trades to implement Continuous Improvement Process actions.
FP&A, Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 17, 2014
Delphi is a great place to work, people are great and always a challenge to take on
Transitioning Challenges
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 15, 2014
I was working here during the time every thing was crashing in the automotive world so I went in was half the pay and twice the work os the people leaving the company. At the time I don't believe benefits were being offered because of the changes that were taking place. The pay was great and the union was still sort of strong but there were lots of uncertainty surrounding the plant.
Fast Paced Job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 17, 2014
I was working midnights 7 nights a week for Delphi. I ran sorters and test machines. I learned that I'm not a night person. All I did was sleep and work. The management was great, if the work was done they were very happy with us. Co-workers all tried really hard to help each other. We worked in an assembly line of sorts, if one area got behind then the whole department was behind. We all learned each others jobs to help out. The hardest part of the job was working the midnight shift. The most enjoyable part was the pay and the machines. Nothing sounded better than a machine that kept running without stopping for some kind of problem.
Pros
The pay and the job itself.
Cons
Working midnights
Executive Protection
MANAGER, EXECUTIVE SECURITY (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 27, 2014
* Typical days range from 8 to 20 hours
* I've learned to never take any day for granted
* The Management and co-workers were very easy to work with and accepted your views.
The hardest part of the job was enduring the long hours
The most enjoyable part " the people"
Fantastic Learning Experience
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHFebruary 10, 2014
As my first intern experience from and Engineering Standpoint, it was great to learn so much from so many different people. I learned a great deal about the manufacturing process as a whole, as well as how to efficiently use your resources around you to help get the job done!
Intern
Product Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 18, 2013
It was a good place to work for a while. I only interned there and was not permanent. At the time in 2007, they had a good intern program and encouraged its intern through activities.
Challenging Job Day in and Day out.
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 12, 2013
My job kept me thinking everyday. There no days alike, everyday presented a different set of challenges. I learn a lot in my seven years on the floor as a supervisor but overall I learned more in my four plus years in Human Resources.
Global Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 9, 2013
Delphi is a global company that can offer professional career growth
A great workplace enviorment for growth and productvity.
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 29, 2013
Clinical medical setting. Please see my resume for details.