Delphi Packard Electric

Delphi Packard Electric Employer Reviews

One of the best place in da world to work, I enjoyed every minute of it was a blessing to my family.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Clinton, MSMarch 19, 2014
A place were any one would have dream to work, a family of co-worker beside you just like home.....Awesome place to work.
Working at Delphi was the fullfilling job to me because I made the most money than I ever made, and it was fun working there!
Assembley line and Scrap Technician (Former Employee), Brookhaven, MSDecember 17, 2013
I was the Scrap Technician, and my day consisted of picking up scrap parts, plastic, fuses, connectors, trays, reels, trash and copper. I separated the scrap and shipped the scrap out to different company's and kept records of everything scraped and shipped out.
This is where I first learned how to multitask. On this job I had my own area to work in – more... and was on my own to do my work. So by doing my work and keeping my area clean, I gain much respect from management. When ever we had visitors in the building, management always brought them to my department because it was the cleanest out of all the Delphi companies.So management had bragging rights.
The co-workers were like family to me! We helped each other, we worked together on one accord. It was a great group of people to work with.
The hardest part of that job was learning the different companies to ship the scrap to because there were so many!
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my work was a great help to the company! – less
Fun Work Place
Cable Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Clinton, MSDecember 2, 2013
Experienced Mechanical, Electrical assembler, Machine operator in clean room environment.
Cable assembly. Assemble, disassemble, and re-build various types of electronic components. Clean, Vacuumed, Jumper setting,Plan jobs, estimates, meeting with clients, and procurement of material. Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, – more... equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Supervise and lay-out several jobs simultaneously. Lead and coordinate with employees. Excellent organizational and team skills – less
Great place to work and make money
Assembly (Former Employee), Warren, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Great place that had great benefits and offered a great income.

Company filed bancruptcy and I was forced to take a buyout.
A very nice,friendly productive work place.A
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Clinton, MSAugust 27, 2013
A Good Company to work for we were more like a family than coWORKERS. The pay was very nice. The work was not hard our supervisor was very understanding.I hope the plant will reopen so our children can have a chance to work for this great company.But the old saying is:you never miss your water until your well runs dry.
Would consider this work again in the futur e
Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Warren, OHAugust 8, 2013
Pros: interacting with people and co-workers on the job
Cons: nothing that is worth mentioning
A typical day consisted of driving and delivering parts to skilled trades. I had no personal problems with management or my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy parts. The most enjoyable part of my job was maintaing a comfortable living.
Every job at Packard is easy to learn.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Warren, OHAugust 5, 2013
Pros: we get paid for our lunch.
Cons: as a level 3 employee we don't receive any health benefits
I work third shift so it is one of the more relaxed shifts than any other shift. Once we enter the building we are not allowed to leave until the end of our shift. Of course there are a couple people in management who are lazy but that's everywhere you go. My fore mans are very intelligent and know the department and how to always fix everything, I – more... have a lot of respect for them. There is really nothing difficult about any job in the plant, the only bad part is the temperature. We don't have any air conditioning and no heat. What I enjoy about the plant is that I have the ability to cross-train on another job to work overtime. I enjoy learning so to be able to learn a new job to make extra money excites me. – less
Relaxed place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 29, 2013
Pros: no stress
Cons: no overtime unless necessary
working at this job was not fast paced it was cool and the managers made you feel comfortable everyone was like family
Productive and fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Clinton, MSMarch 14, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: shortbreaks
Busy Day.Production quotas, Machine does most of the work.Enjoyable place to work unfortunately it closed.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Warren, OHJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: pay and benifits
Cons: downsized in 2007 had to take buyout
I miss working here each and everyday. I enjoyed being part of a team and put a lot of pride into my work.
Exciting international match making between potential customers, suppliers and financing agents according to needs.
Managing Director (Former Employee), VenezuelaDecember 24, 2012
Daily contact and negotiations with suppliers, customers, financing providers in different part of the world. - Internal management of resources, including Human, in the cases of the manufacturing companies associated with.
Co-workers were high level executives (i.e.- Genaral Managers, Operations Managers, Finance Managers).
The hardest part of the – more... job was the local country environment, including government restrictions and obstacles such as foreign exchange controls, and local labor laws.
The most enjoyable part was the permanent interaction with people both in and out of the organizations. – less
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Clinton, MSSeptember 19, 2012
Material Handler, Delphi Packard Electric, Clinton, MS 11/06 – 06/08
-Performed Picking/Packing and Shipping/Receiving duties
-Operated the RF Scan hand gun SAP Warehouse
-Building Pallet perform wrapping and duties when needed
-Loaded and unloaded trucks with the stand-iup forklift
-Overlay label-specific barcode label auditing in store for correct – more... contents
-And scan tote for shipping/receiving. Operated an electric lift truck
-Order picking/packing, staging, and stocking and compute to maintain
-Labeled freight inventory for shipping – less
Fast moving environment, with lots of material flow and employee communacation to get jobs completed on task.
Shipping Scheduler (Former Employee), Clinton, MSAugust 20, 2012
Generate picklist using SAP system, and schedule loads for delivery. Generate manifest for delivery.
Productive and fun workplace
Final Inspector (Former Employee), Warren, OHJuly 23, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: very hot working environment in the summer months
Delphi was always a productive and fun place to work. I had some of the best coworkers and management was good. Most days were busy and I enjoyed working overtime as needed.
Production,Tow-Motor Driver, Warehouse (Former Employee), Warren, OhioJuly 2, 2012
Pros: alot
Cons: shut down lost our jobs
Met alot of nice co-workers. Management was fair and good to work with. Took alot of pride in my job. Learned to work as a team made it alot easier.
Execellent employer, would of like to retired form Delphi Packard Electric. But our jobs went to Mexico.
Capacity Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), 1265 North River Rd Warren, OH 44484June 12, 2012
Pros: excellent wage, benefits, innovation and education in technology
Cons: company buyout, downsize without enough information
Maintain production and maintenance schedule
Verify manpower for labor gang and skilled trades daily
Daily overtime scheduling and planning
Order Office supplies and labor gang/ with purchasing Dept/P/O-requistion
exceeding our customer exspectation was our model
Lean in production monthly metrics
Problem solving of the Top Three downtime hitters
Always – more... on Top of their competitors
I love my job, co-wrokers and the company
the hardest part of the job is my first three years in plant working
on the assemble line, before moving to the maintenance office. – less
Dephis Packard Electric in Clinton, Ms was a very good company to work for, I hate that the company filed bankruptcy and closed down here in Ms.
Inventory Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Clinton, MSMay 16, 2012
Pros: it offered the employees decent wages, and job security.
Cons: the company closed down, after so many concessions were made, pretaining to wages
A typical day at work was always busy, trying to produce good parts and learning new ways to improve the quality of production.
Management was respectful toward one another, and likewise toward other coworkers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes going to work after working so many hours the previous day. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... having a job to go to, getting along with other coworkers, and producing very good work ethics,
along with making good money. I miss Delphi Packard Electric and wish I had another job. – less
It was a productive job
Factory worker (Former Employee), Warren, OHApril 2, 2012
Pros: you got a lunch and they work with you.
Cons: good health benifits, short breaks.
I really enjoy going to work for here. If it was not for the buy out , I would of stay. I miss this job.
I enjoyed working for Delphi and gained a lot of knowledge & experience.
Quality and maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Clinton,Ms.March 6, 2012
I retired from Delphi after 30 yrs. of service and looking for a job to supplement my income since I am not retirement age.