Delphi Packard Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Love working here could take care of my family
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 4, 2016
met a lot of friends, had job security,
Able to change jobs and learn more about making cars.
learn how to clean and operate equipment
Enjoyed making and friends and going on lots of trips with them
Pros
very good money
Cons
sometime long overs due to mandatory overtime
enjoyed working there
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2016
Good Job
learned how to drive fork truck there
management was okay
hardest park of the job was unloading trailers
most enjoyed part of the job was inspecting
Shipping and Recieving
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 11, 2016
Upon the start of the shift, order Sheets are distributed. There are serial numbers provided to verify the material(s) requested by various Merchants. As an Order Checker, your responsibilities are but not limited to, providing a potential Merchant with the correct product. Picking from shelves and creating a balance skid of parts either shipped or air freighted to a wide range of Merchants. We must utilize safety first, because of the Heavy Equipment, which is required to complete the job tasks.
There have been many updates implemented to the Shipping and Receiving Departments, resulting in a more efficient, safer environment. One of the more difficult aspects are the weighs of the material has so many variables.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that everyone is a team player and we assist each other if one needs a hand. And the benefits of a workout without actually going to a gym.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Can get Hectic from time to time, with last minute orders. But doable.
It was a fun place to work
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 13, 2015
I worked the line making wiring harness. I also did inspection of the harness. The people I worked with were friends and some became like family.
Wonderful place to work, gained a lot of valuable experience.
Procurement/Preventative Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 28, 2015
Great place to work place to work! Management gave me an opportunity to lead and utilize my experience to make independent decisions. Valuable relationships were developed which created an atmosphere of trust and family.
Informative intership
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 18, 2015
Cross training operations between laboratory, plate line operations, and health and safety. Little supervision after initial training, which makes for a relaxing work environment.
decent pay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  warrenOctober 4, 2015
the pay is good the supervisors are unfair and no personal life its terrible glad i left!
not what it once was.
co workers are nice .
Pros
pay
Cons
14 days straight one day off
Easy laid back job
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSSeptember 23, 2015
My job consist of inventory so im mostly at a desk all day. I enjoy the employees here. The work is very easy to do and if in need of help, people are willing to help out.
Pros
My lunch is not timed.
Cons
Saturdays are worked a lot.
Very Good Inviorment Postive People
Machine Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSJuly 17, 2015
At this job I learned a lot I learned how to drive a forklift I also learned how to do quality I became a operator then two months later I became a technician I learned how to fix on machines I was managing12 employers I loved this job and its pay
Boring repeatable work day by day
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  上海市A5 plantMay 21, 2015
Need to repair and maintain the machine daily. Workers are mostly from Local shanghai area. the hardest part of the job is the working place is far away from the centre distract of Shanghai, like 2-hour driving.
loved working at company
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 15, 2015
performed various operations necessary to produce electrical harness: performed dip soldering, plugging wires, inspection and packing.
Pros
could move around to various jobs
Cons
many jobs loss during bankruptcy
Great company to work for.
CV Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. All afternoon shift. Great benefits. Did not like the unexpected lay offs. Great vacation time off. Always working hard. Working experience learned a lot from management.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lay offs
Productive and good place to work. Affliated with GM automotive.
Factory Worker/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure products met quality inspection before they were shipped to customers.

I have learned from my job as well as in my personal life that time is money.

Management was ran good except there could of been communication. I was a Quality supervisor but still the same communication could of been on a better level.

Co-workers were great. Pretty much all of them should a great deal of interest in what they did and did it well.

The hardest part of the job was inventory control. Making sure all orders where up to customer satisfactory and sent out to customers on time of order.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working around my co-workers. We all worked together very well.
Pros
i had health care benefits, 401k, bonus, and profit sharing.
Cons
wanted to change my career and was located in a area that i didn't want to live
Productive and fun
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSMay 19, 2014
I loved working at delphi. If it was still open I would have retired from there
Many changes each year, but it still has been productive
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSMay 5, 2014
I do miss in earlier years of working here the teamwork. Everyone helped everyone. No one threw anyone under the bus. That is what makes productivity so easy (teamwork). I am a firm believer in teamwork and getting the job done right.
One of the best place in da world to work, I enjoyed every minute of it was a blessing to my family.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSMarch 19, 2014
A place were any one would have dream to work, a family of co-worker beside you just like home.....Awesome place to work.
Working at Delphi was the fullfilling job to me because I made the most money than I ever made, and it was fun working there!
Assembley line and Scrap Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSDecember 17, 2013
I was the Scrap Technician, and my day consisted of picking up scrap parts, plastic, fuses, connectors, trays, reels, trash and copper. I separated the scrap and shipped the scrap out to different company's and kept records of everything scraped and shipped out.
This is where I first learned how to multitask. On this job I had my own area to work in and was on my own to do my work. So by doing my work and keeping my area clean, I gain much respect from management. When ever we had visitors in the building, management always brought them to my department because it was the cleanest out of all the Delphi companies.So management had bragging rights.
The co-workers were like family to me! We helped each other, we worked together on one accord. It was a great group of people to work with.
The hardest part of that job was learning the different companies to ship the scrap to because there were so many!
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my work was a great help to the company!
Fun Work Place
Cable Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSDecember 2, 2013
Experienced Mechanical, Electrical assembler, Machine operator in clean room environment.
Cable assembly. Assemble, disassemble, and re-build various types of electronic components. Clean, Vacuumed, Jumper setting,Plan jobs, estimates, meeting with clients, and procurement of material. Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Supervise and lay-out several jobs simultaneously. Lead and coordinate with employees. Excellent organizational and team skills
Great place to work and make money
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Great place that had great benefits and offered a great income.

Company filed bancruptcy and I was forced to take a buyout.
A very nice,friendly productive work place.A
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSAugust 27, 2013
A Good Company to work for we were more like a family than coWORKERS. The pay was very nice. The work was not hard our supervisor was very understanding.I hope the plant will reopen so our children can have a chance to work for this great company.But the old saying is:you never miss your water until your well runs dry.

4.3