Delphi Packard Electric Employee Reviews

Laid back work enviroment with easy work duties
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSFebruary 21, 2017
Great company as far as work duties and employees. Hands-on work that challenges you to be at the top of your game. Great benefits as a company employee
Pros
Great work atmoshpere
Cons
Job security
awesome company to work for
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Warren, OH 44486December 4, 2016
its a family ran company two days training and I was off and running on my own with a little help for a gps went around doing maintenance calls for vending machine on ocation had to fill in for a driver to fill them but over all it was an awesome job
Manufacturing Supervisor
Manufacturing / Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OhioNovember 13, 2016
World Class Automotive wiring and components supplier to GM and other various automotive assembly plants. Manufacturing and Engineering positions are dynamic and all focus is placed on exceeding customer expectations and reliability. A willingness , and/ or ability to relocate is a definite plus, and will hasten advancement opportunities within the corporation.
Pros
Excellent Engineering, compensation, benefits.
Cons
Salaried Employees may need to relocate, often internationally.
Physically hard but not a stressful job
Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 16, 2016
Management were our biggest problems. The jobs were relatively easy and you were able to self manage your time and production as long as were able to reach output goals.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
management
Decent Place
Technician (Former Employee) –  WarrenJuly 9, 2016
Pay is a little below average, but work load is light. Benefits are good once you have been in for 5 years plus. There is a huge amount of favoritism with union and management relatives. Call it nepotism or the buddy system.
Pros
Lots of down time and breaks
Cons
Poor management
Ex employee
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 12, 2016
I was employed at Delphi from 1999-2006. Sadly had to leave due to taking the buyout. Easiest job employer to work for. There was not ONE day in my SEVEN years of employment did I ever feel like I went to work. What got on my last nerve were the spoiled brats who worked there for decades and never had any other job. They felt that Delphi was actual "work". My average work hour days were 4 hours. I would make rate in 4 hours every day. Secondly, when I finally landed an office job, it was even EASIER yet. I literally had to FIND things to do. I would spend HOURS on the computer surfing the web and doing my college homework. The pay sucked for me though. Only people that earned decent salaries were hired prior to 1995.
Pros
Easy work, fun atmosphere
Cons
Pay, job security
Love working here could take care of my family
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 4, 2016
met a lot of friends, had job security,
Able to change jobs and learn more about making cars.
learn how to clean and operate equipment
Enjoyed making and friends and going on lots of trips with them
Pros
very good money
Cons
sometime long overs due to mandatory overtime
enjoyed working there
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2016
Good Job
learned how to drive fork truck there
management was okay
hardest park of the job was unloading trailers
most enjoyed part of the job was inspecting
Shipping and Recieving
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 11, 2016
Upon the start of the shift, order Sheets are distributed. There are serial numbers provided to verify the material(s) requested by various Merchants. As an Order Checker, your responsibilities are but not limited to, providing a potential Merchant with the correct product. Picking from shelves and creating a balance skid of parts either shipped or air freighted to a wide range of Merchants. We must utilize safety first, because of the Heavy Equipment, which is required to complete the job tasks.
There have been many updates implemented to the Shipping and Receiving Departments, resulting in a more efficient, safer environment. One of the more difficult aspects are the weighs of the material has so many variables.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that everyone is a team player and we assist each other if one needs a hand. And the benefits of a workout without actually going to a gym.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Can get Hectic from time to time, with last minute orders. But doable.
It was a fun place to work
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 13, 2015
I worked the line making wiring harness. I also did inspection of the harness. The people I worked with were friends and some became like family.
Wonderful place to work, gained a lot of valuable experience.
Procurement/Preventative Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 28, 2015
Great place to work place to work! Management gave me an opportunity to lead and utilize my experience to make independent decisions. Valuable relationships were developed which created an atmosphere of trust and family.
Informative intership
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 18, 2015
Cross training operations between laboratory, plate line operations, and health and safety. Little supervision after initial training, which makes for a relaxing work environment.
decent pay
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  warrenOctober 4, 2015
the pay is good the supervisors are unfair and no personal life its terrible glad i left!
not what it once was.
co workers are nice .
Pros
pay
Cons
14 days straight one day off
Easy laid back job
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSSeptember 23, 2015
My job consist of inventory so im mostly at a desk all day. I enjoy the employees here. The work is very easy to do and if in need of help, people are willing to help out.
Pros
My lunch is not timed.
Cons
Saturdays are worked a lot.
Very Good Inviorment Postive People
Machine Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSJuly 17, 2015
At this job I learned a lot I learned how to drive a forklift I also learned how to do quality I became a operator then two months later I became a technician I learned how to fix on machines I was managing12 employers I loved this job and its pay
Boring repeatable work day by day
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  上海市A5 plantMay 21, 2015
Need to repair and maintain the machine daily. Workers are mostly from Local shanghai area. the hardest part of the job is the working place is far away from the centre distract of Shanghai, like 2-hour driving.
loved working at company
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 15, 2015
performed various operations necessary to produce electrical harness: performed dip soldering, plugging wires, inspection and packing.
Pros
could move around to various jobs
Cons
many jobs loss during bankruptcy
Great company to work for.
CV Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. All afternoon shift. Great benefits. Did not like the unexpected lay offs. Great vacation time off. Always working hard. Working experience learned a lot from management.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lay Offs
Productive and good place to work. Affliated with GM automotive.
Factory Worker/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure products met quality inspection before they were shipped to customers.

I have learned from my job as well as in my personal life that time is money.

Management was ran good except there could of been communication. I was a Quality supervisor but still the same communication could of been on a better level.

Co-workers were great. Pretty much all of them should a great deal of interest in what they did and did it well.

The hardest part of the job was inventory control. Making sure all orders where up to customer satisfactory and sent out to customers on time of order.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working around my co-workers. We all worked together very well.
Pros
I had health care benefits, 401k, bonus, and profit sharing.
Cons
Wanted to change my career and was located in a area that I didn't want to live
Productive and fun
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSMay 19, 2014
I loved working at delphi. If it was still open I would have retired from there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delphi Packard Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2