Delphi

Delphi Employer Reviews

great advancement. travel opportunity, a place to develope interpersonal skills
automotive electronics technician (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIOctober 8, 2014
Pros: training, personal developement
gave me a super career. allowed me to display my work skills
while working with others not in my expertise arena
Delphi (GM) was a wonderful place to work for. The job and the benefits were the best in town.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Kokomo, INOctober 1, 2014
Pros: the pay was very good
Cons: working 3rd shift.
I worked the 3rd shift at Delphi (GM). The company was in the process of all of us learning each others jobs. I was in charge of training 3 other people on my job before they did a staff reduction. The hardest part of the job was the shift. I'm not a 3rd shift person. The most enjoyable part of the job was programming the machines to run. Management – more... was great. We were left alone as long as we continued to do our job. – less
delphi was good
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHAugust 18, 2014
it was a great great company to work for before it closed. it was dirty
Friendly, productive and room for advancement
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Clinton, MSJune 25, 2014
Pros: plant such downs with pay for christmas and july 4th
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at work was fast paced and fun. I learned how to drive a fork lift. Management was very supportive. My co-workers were friendly and fun to be with. The hardest part of the job was when the cooper and cable was bad. The most enjoyable part was when things ran smoothly.
Fun place to work.
Line C Team Inspector (QA) (Former Employee), Moraine, OHJune 9, 2014
Plant was always noisy, but I loved it. I hated to see the shutdown and I miss my fellow co-workers.
Now Nexteer
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 12, 2014
Pros: classy outfit
Was part of General Motors, now sold to Nexteer.
Controls Engineer, responsible for Machine Control Systems.
I enjoy inspecting parts.
Inspector/ Quality Control (Former Employee), Tanner, ALApril 22, 2014
Pros: i went on break anytime that i needed too.
Cons: plant closed down.
set up all the items needed to do my job. as the production line ran I inspected the parts for any defect on them. I inventory the parts. There was not any hard part to my job and I enjoyed inspecting the parts.
Machine Operator
Cable-wire Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Adjust proper length on cable wire adjust Machine as necessary due to printout daily.
produtive
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: pay hours
Cons: to many cut backs
dealing with engeineers how to deal with people management was great, fun to work co works dealing with invoice meeting new vendors
Average Place to Work
Packaging Strategic Sourcing Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 20, 2014
The company is stagnate and is not a good place for growth. Even though the company has strong products, it is really a Mexican based company and it's focus is on growing in that culture only.
Like one big family to work for, everybody was really friendly.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: bonuses, vacations, sick time if needed
Cons: short breaks and lunch
Shift started at 6:00AM and ended at 2:30PM. Every morning started with a 5-10 minute meeting to assess what quota needed to be met for the day. Then we would head to our cell to begin days work. I would set machine up for whatever particular model of airbag, or instrument panel the order called for and begin production. I was on a paid lunch, so there – more... were two 10 minute breaks and a 20 minute lunch break. I worked constantly up to breaks and lunch. Management didn't bother you unless there was a problem with one of the machines. My co-workers were like one big happy family. There was no hardest part of the job. It was an awesome job. The enjoyable part of the job was making quota and being noticed and appreciated for doing an excellent job, also the nice paycheck. – less
Nice place to work when it was GM
Senior Designer Automotive (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 1, 2014
The part of Delphi I worked at went bankrupt and I lost my job.
Build quality struts
Production Worker/ Forklift operator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: discounts on gm cars
Cons: hourly wages
Great job. There was unlimited overtime and good job security with Delphi. The least desirable aspect of this job was the hourly wages.
Good work environment
Human Resources General Supervisor (Former Employee), MexicoOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good company, development opportunities
A typical day at work beginning from 7:30 a.m to 7:00 p.m .
We worked as a team with Materials Department and Productions department to get the productions goals.
Every morning all together we reviewed the productions & goals, and inventories.
after know the production situation all together we made corrective actions for the next day.
work on roads and sidewalks and curbs
Mill Operator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2013
Had a great time learning new things to do there that I had never done before like grade checking and building pads to put houses on and making new roads for plats that was being developed.
getting jobs done in a timely manner
Assembler (Former Employee), Warren, OHAugust 28, 2013
Pros: seeing what part went into different cars
Cons: short breaks
making sure your on time and getting rate needed for day.
doing what management wanted done for day.
getting along with all co-workers.
hardest part was getting a new job every day.
enjoyed the job because you got to meet a lot of different co-workers
Productive and great place to work
Job setter.assembly worker (Former Employee), Moraine, OHAugust 9, 2013
Pros: meeting goals
Cons: running out of parts when you have goals and deadlines to meet.
A typical day at work was to come in and be on the line before the work day started. You would make sure that you had all the supplies needed to start the day. I learned how to work well side by side with co-workers. I also learned how to do by myself the work without being told by management.
Management is what makes a team of people work well together. – more... They communicate well with employees and they also will give you feed back on a daily basis to make you and the other co-workers have what you need to make the company better.
Having good co-workers is what makes a team. When you have people working hard and well together, that makes up for a great team and overall is great for the company.
The hardest part about the job is not having the parts needed to meet your goal at the end of the day. The best part about working is when you have set goals on what you need to get done and you and you fellow co-workers work together and meet your goal at the end of the day. – less
Great place to work!
Production Line Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great place!
Cons: nothing
I enjoyed with at Delphi and all the great people i worked with made it that much better!
production
Production Worker (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 16, 2013
Pros: great pay, make own ot
Cons: not knowing when they would close
great job
great pay
learned alot
management was so so
love co workers
hardest was cold in winter and hot in summer
i like that it was hands on
Opportunity to show leadership skills by becoming Team Leader
Press Operator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 14, 2013
Assembly Team Leader. Worked as a Team Coordinator and machine operator while performing light maintenance.
Operated forklift and rubber molding transfer press operator. Management was very attentive to employee needs. Coworkers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was knowing that the plant was closing. The most enjoyable part was – more... being able to work in different areas. – less

1 2 3 4 5