The company provides high power RF amplifiers for airborne and remote applications in niche areas. In airborne and space applications, a strict adherence to standards during the design and test phases of each program is required. Pressure stress, thermal conduction, and RF shielding are the principal concerns. Novel approaches are frequently required to cater with the demands for the ever-shrinking size of packaging. A background or familiarity with some of these standards will be useful in this position.
The candidate we are seeking will provide support for the design of all mechanical packaging of this equipment and the production of drawings across the range of products within the company. He or she may be responsible for maintaining the library of drawings within the company. Appropriate experience is required.
- Ability to work as a part of a team – essential.
- Knowledge of thermal issues and finding solutions for new packages – preferred.
- Diagnosis of identified mechanical problem areas – strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with AutoCad – required.
- Previous experience with electronic assemblies - preferred.
- Formal education in a relevant area – required.
Candidates will be required to work a flexible 4 day-day week (Mon-Thurs, 7:00am to 5-30pm) with Friday off. Part time work will be considered for suitable applicants. A retired person with a profile of experience in the above areas could also be a suitable candidate for this position, but this is not essential.