Delta Air Lines, Inc

Delta Air Lines, Inc Employer Reviews

Had a wonderful 31 year career with Delta.
Supervisor Accounting/Finance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2014
The people I worked with over the years became family. A great career with diverse work experiences.
Great place to develop customer service skills
Ground Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
It is very demanding work environment. Time is very essential in this fast paced work environment. Teamwork is very important.
I've had better jobs.
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2014
Job is not secure and pay is easily messed up from people in payroll.
Delta was a great company but the economy has had negative employees to stay.
Technology (Lead) (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 2, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: only 10% of the people do the work.
While I will always care for Delta's health - I have to be honest in sharing that it's ethics have suffered in the last decade. It is why I opted to leave early. It is primarily it's management and their lack of mentoring or even caring about the quality employee. There are employees there that do absolutely nothing. If I was asked to make a list I – more... could easily write 50 names down. And write down only a handful of great dedicated employees. – less
Large secure Company
Performance Leader-Corporate Customer Care (Former Employee), Atlanta and PensacolaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: travel benefits and many flexible hours and shifts to choose from.
Cons: retaining experienced employees....losing knowledge to other airlines and aerospace companies.
Enjoyed every department that I worked for there at Delta. It's a top rated airline with nice travel benefits although it's almost impossible to get on an aircraft these days as a standby but that's a positive effect since that's job security....full planes mean someones paying your salary.
Airport Operations was my favorite....
Fun, Fun, Fun
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits, opportunities & advancement
Cons: very structured
Great place for advancement and leadership is very encouraging. Delta provides great: family activities, healthcare, banking, etc. They are a wonderful family oriented company. If you want to feel like part of a family and be able to give input and have your values heard - this is a wonderful place to be.
Loved it until economy made things bad.
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee), DFW AirportFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good beneifts, good people
Cons: things went south before bankruptcy.
I worked there for 29 years, so I must have loved it. Good people, good benefits. After 9-11, things went south. Company started losing money and went bankrupt. Many pay cuts and job cuts. It wasn't the same anyone. Sad. Hopefully, things are better there now. I retired from there, but I still think of it as MY company :-)
Day to day Service from the heart
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 17, 2014
A very fun work environment that gives great customer service. In my 5 years of working for the company I have learned how to treat customers how you want to be treated, "service from the heart". I have a great team with a professional attitude. Delays and cancellations are really tough specially when we can't get anyone out for 2 - 3 days but at the – more... end of the day its all fun and games specially having a good team that has a safety first way of thinking to give the best service for our customers. – less
Productive work place
Baggage/Ramp Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: flight benefits
Coming in to work and not having all the material to work with.

I learned to come in, do my job and make it a great day.

Good management

Co-workers, have a lot of no shows, late and not always dependiable.

No hard part of the job

The most enjoyable part was knowing that I am getting paid for the job.
Exceptional
Supervisor / Sr. Analyst / Team Leader (Former Employee), Seattle, WA; Atlanta, GA; Spokane, WAJune 25, 2013
Pros: excellant relationship between management and employees
Cons: headquarters is in the eastern part of the u.s. (atlanta), rather than (my preference) in the western half of the u.s.
Capital Asset Planning & Purchasing; Customer Service / Operations Supervisor
Delta is a good employer
Revenue Management Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2013
Pros: flight benefits, work/life balance
Cons: frequetn layoffs
Overall, my experience in revenue management has been a positive one. Delta like most other airlines does layoffs every year or two as the industry booms and then busts. But revenue management is one of the few areas of the company that is relatively immune from drastic layoffs.

Working in revenue management can be monotonous but the pay and benefits – more... are good. Excellent work/life balance. – less
Its a fun place to work. Working environment is great!
Airport Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham(RDU)May 17, 2013
Pros: profit sharing, reward points
Cons: short breaks and no health benefits for part-timers
I love my work and happy with it when in August 2012 I injured myself while working. I am and have been under treatments for the last 10 months. I was just requested to take the opportunity to find another job just in case, I don't qualify for the "Accommodation Assistance Program" that is being offered to employees with impairment. To tell you about – more... my work:
-Each day is a happy and enjoyable day for me dealing with customers of diverse culture;
-I learned to improve on my software skills and be more alert in the needs of the customers/passengers;
-The management has always been there for our needs, updates of knowledge and other matters;
-The hardest part of my job is when there were cancellations and delays that we need to re-book passengers (not many were happy) received different or sorts of curse and complaints but I managed to try to satisfy them, otherwise, I have refered to my supervisor;
-The most enjoyable part of the work is when you made your customer happy and satisfied; also, my benefits in flying, rewards points and profit sharing. – less
Great environment
Production Control Manager (Former Employee), DFW, TxApril 25, 2013
Enjoyed the family atmosphere. I learned a lot about commercial aircraft and supply chain logistics.
Very profressional and well established
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2013
Pros: free travel across the world
Cons: too big and no individuality...get lost in the numbers of employees
Good working environment except some supervisors and managers whom abuse position of authority. Ample opportunity for advancement.
Enjoyable.
Operations-Master Control Room (MCR) (Former Employee), Sioux City officeMarch 28, 2013
Pros: flexability at times with schedule
Cons: being the fall guy.
logging payroll, talking with phone reps & direct co-workers. Involvement with management on a daily basis as to job functions, time keeping, attendance. No one was "better" than anyone else. Co-workers and I had same responsibilities and abilities. keeping track of everyone's time and attendance could be very challenging at times. Being a part of the – more... Team was great! – less
great oportunities to participate in community event.
Performance Leader /Manager (Current Employee), jamaicaMarch 21, 2013
Pros: travel benifits
Cons: health benifit
Excellent company to work for. great flight benefit, and profit sharing opportunities
Great Springboard
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hapeville, GAMarch 15, 2013
Delta offers a great atmospher and wonderful benefits. Unfortunately the company does not place much face in young talent
Challenging but fulfilling place to work.
Station Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: free flights
Cons: long hours
A typical day is not typical. I would walk in the door hoping to get 10 things completed for the day and than reality would hit and all priorities would change.
Fast paced and great people to work with/for
Manager, Inflight Accounting and Analysis (Former Employee), Eagan,MNFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: people, culture, challenge
Cons: hq location in atl
Each day brought new challenges and interaction with great ,knowlegable people. The hardest part of the job was leaving it but knowing that the future was in good hands!
Passenger focused
Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: rotating shifts
Everybody work very hard to meet the needs of each and every passenger.

1 2 3