Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Run run run!!!
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 16, 2017
Worst place ever to work! Campus director is a joke. She is a control deal that micromanaged and only wants the money. Campuses are closing and lost accreditation. Lies to students for the money and preys on title IV funding.
Bad place to work at.
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 12, 2017
They just lost their title IV ..and they lost another 7 schools that are closing. They are about getting money they don't care about the students. They micromanage even to use the restroom.
Pros
Start early ...leave early
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 8, 2017
Delta is great higher education organization focused on bettering the lives of it's students. As an employee it was rewarding to know that we were having a positive impact in the lives of our students and their families.
Not sure...
Director of Something (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 4, 2017
There is a serious lack of responsibility on the part of the CEO. He has mismanaged the company to financial ruin. His leadership style is one of fear with motivation tactics that include shaming employees.
Sinking Ship
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2017
There is nothing good to say other than decent pay. However, there are no raises and the working conditions are like a sweat-shop. I'm not sure there is enough pay to justify this treatment of employees. My manager was never happy with anyone's performance and this was likely due to pressures from above and lack of education and leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no raises, uneducated managers running a college, wasteful spending
Avoid at all costs
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 24, 2017
Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. So glad that I finally got out of there. Worst decision I made was to accept a position within a company that does not know how to function nor treat people right.
Management is terrible
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 18, 2017
Run away fast!!!!! Everything from Management to process in a whole is terrible. There is no campus structure and that is probably the people that are hired in management positions do not know how to manage let alone do the job required in the departments. There is no proper leadership on campus and to much back stabbing and throwing under the bus. No one takes ownership of issues INCLUDING management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else!
Great place to work as staff are treated with respect.
Telecom Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 27, 2017
Answering calls and working within the Salesforce program to open and close tickets. I work on our phones assisting and providing a seamless work between I.T and the customer / users. Assist in configuring Cisco switches, routers, ASA's and implementing scripts to update our network. I also work with other departments to assist with their overflow of trouble tickets when needed. I deal with printer, fax machines and POTs lines and I work with Cisco / Sprint to resolve issues within our Voip system.
Pros
Great Compnay
nice place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2017
Training can be better but it is a fun place to work, Work is student focused and if you do your job (which is NOT difficult) Management does what ever it can to accommodate employees needs. I was very happy working there, I made great friends.
Horrible place to work
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 8, 2017
Campus Director cares about no one. It's all about the money. They lie to the students to get enrollments, pile the work on without raises and have the attitude if you don't like it there's the door. Director of Admissions has no morals and acts like she's still in High School. Very clicky and absolutely no loyalties. Never saw anything in my life.
Pros
Decent salary for the area
Cons
Stressful and unethical
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2017
Changes in education are making it difficult to work here. Upper management think they know what they are doing but they dont. They expect employees to do the "best thing for the student/business" when they dont even know how to perform our job.
Pros
Pays the bills.
Cons
Upper management is a joke.
The worst and pettiest places I've every worked for in my life
Unknown (Current Employee) –  MMTCApril 26, 2017
There's no room for growth and the school is a total fraud the campus director is just in it for the money not for the student. Not a place to work if you have morals.
Pros
They will feed you
Cons
No pay raises and know promotions and they want you to lie to enroll students.
Not a place you can make a career out of.
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 17, 2017
The people here are really nice, no micromanagement, and they care about their employees somewhat. The state of the company is not looking too good and the school preys on low income students who don't know that paying 30,000 for an Associate's degree is out of line. The graduation rate of one of the school's is 7%. No raises, no 401k, and no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Christmas party, sometimes we got lunch or breakfast. Flexible schedule.
Cons
No 401k, no raises, no opportunity for advancement.
Fraud!!!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 10, 2017
This is a terrible place to work!!!!! Management is a joke! The campus can not pay it's bills...the power and water have been shut off before! No faculty support!
The school is no longer accredited and students have no idea because the campus director is forcing faculty and staff to lie!!!!!! Students need to transfer if they can, the school will probably be shut down (just like ITT Tech....same accreditation issues).
Pros
Cons
No support, forced to lie to students
Great job! Disorganized company
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2017
A typical day was never typical.. It was always changing and evolving. That was the good part. It was always interesting, and never boring. There was plenty to do every day. I learned a lot of new skills while working there.

Corporate and campus managers were very disorganized. Their intentions were in the right place, but the communication was lacking making it difficult to pro-actively get anything done. I often felt that management was reactive to most situations, rather than being pro-active.

Morale was down most of the time, and that was mostly due to constant restructuring. We would just finish making a major change, and before there was an opportunity to see if the change actually worked, corporate was making more changes in a complete opposite direction. Additionally, my campus went through one Campus Director and one Director of Education every year I worked there. The constant change of management and management styles was hard to take.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to balance family/work life. The job consumed my personal time. Program Directors have a full plate just managing their programs, and are also expected to teach full-time, as well. That is a lot of extra responsibility.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the students. They always knew they had someone that was there for them to either cheer them on, be their counselor, give them the extra push when needed, or set them free and let them just do their thing.
Pros
helping students
Cons
disorganized management
Great Place To Work With Amazing Students
Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2017
The work is challenging but rewarding. A lot has been done over the past few years to make Delta a college that will continue to grow and serve its students. Do not let the negative reviews scare you away. While there have been some tough times with the company in the past I am excited about the future that will provide more options for the students it serves. The most enjoyable part is building positive relationships with the students and the many employers that hire our students.
Pros
Rewarding, Something new every day
Massage Therapy Program Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 20, 2017
McCann/Delta has provided me wonderful opportunities as director of the massage program and I would love to stay with them as a relocate to South Carolina.
Management is horrible.
Ex employee. (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 15, 2017
Unless you're in the clique with upper management in Clarksville, you're an outsider and treated as such. They are quick to replace good employees for the ones they favor and don't care about anything except the bottom line there. Which is money. Not the student or the staff. Shameful grown women act like the mean girls in high school and they really have no room to do so...because they really are nothing to write home about 🐷
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Everything else except pay
Great feeling to introduce people to different options of education
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Great entry level position
learn a lot about the education industry
Love help people reach there educational goals
Co-workers are great
Pros
Job Work/ Life balance
Cons
No advancement
worst place to work
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Reasonable pay
Fraternization
Unfair treatment of subordinates
No organizational integrity
Co workers are hard working/amazing people
No room for advancement unless well liked by management
Questionable accreditation and pending law suits
Water machine always leaking or broken
Unclean restrooms and unsafe working conditions(floor lifting, leaking roof)
Pros
pay
Cons
management, advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Career Education Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3