Delta Career Education Corporation

Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work With Amazing Students
Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2017
The work is challenging but rewarding. A lot has been done over the past few years to make Delta a college that will continue to grow and serve its students. Do not let the negative reviews scare you away. While there have been some tough times with the company in the past I am excited about the future that will provide more options for the students it serves. The most enjoyable part is building positive relationships with the students and the many employers that hire our students.
Pros
Rewarding, Something new every day
Massage Therapy Program Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 20, 2017
McCann/Delta has provided me wonderful opportunities as director of the massage program and I would love to stay with them as a relocate to South Carolina.
Management is horrible.
Ex employee. (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 15, 2017
Unless you're in the clique with upper management in Clarksville, you're an outsider and treated as such. They are quick to replace good employees for the ones they favor and don't care about anything except the bottom line there. Which is money. Not the student or the staff. Shameful grown women act like the mean girls in high school and they really have no room to do so...because they really are nothing to write home about 🐷
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Everything else except pay
Great feeling to introduce people to different options of education
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Great entry level position
learn a lot about the education industry
Love help people reach there educational goals
Co-workers are great
Pros
Job Work/ Life balance
Cons
No advancement
worst place to work
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Reasonable pay
Fraternization
Unfair treatment of subordinates
No organizational integrity
Co workers are hard working/amazing people
No room for advancement unless well liked by management
Questionable accreditation and pending law suits
Water machine always leaking or broken
Unclean restrooms and unsafe working conditions(floor lifting, leaking roof)
Pros
pay
Cons
management, advancement
Morons in management
Cosmetology instructor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 10, 2016
Stay away from this place that calls itself a college. This is a huge joke. The students do whatever they want and treat the instructors like dog excrement and get away with it because all this business cares about is profit. There is no support for the instructors-period. You are thrown out to the sharks. The administration does not stuck up for you when you are trying to enforce their own rules!! It is an awful place to work, awful.
Pros
Cons
Above comments
Great school
Dentists assistance (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 6, 2016
Great school to attend to the help u in your school work and help u find a job placement. Also includes helpful teachers and a great atmosphere. I miss goin to this school
Good job
Work at airport (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2016
It was a fun job beside of working hard ,, good environment between workers ,,, good pay , and benefits ... But wasn't permanent job for me just wanted for a period time
Admissions
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 4, 2016
This has been the best company to work for. I was discouraged to apply at first because all the negative feedback. Since i started 2015 its good. No i have not had a raise but they start you off well. The benefits is nice also. Everyone has their own opinions dont let anyone opinion stop you!
Worst place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 6, 2016
I don't even know where to begin. Don't work here. It is not worth it. The job is about selling an education that I wouldn't want my dog to have. They prey on poor unsuspecting people to try to get them to enroll. The education is worthless and can cost upwards of $36k for Associates degree. I'm paying that much on a Masters right now. Management does not care. It's all a numbers game and it's sickening. The gossip level at my location was like high school. It was outrageous. Grown adults bullying what they perceived as the "weaker" employees. Management does nothing. It's a nightmare everyday I walk in there that I don't want to relive and I hope my students that are still there continue their education elsewhere.
Pros
None. No pros whatsoever. Not one.
Cons
Management, horrible school, the list goes on
Joke
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAMarch 18, 2016
If you sleep with students you're all set
Love that most instructors and 3/4 of management knows and nothing happens, yet all the good teachers are cut.
Horrible place to work
Overwhelmingly Underwhelming
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 8, 2016
The review title says it all. Learned a lot out of necessity of survival. Has great potential but just not brought to fruition due to poor management.
Pros
Limited restraints
Cons
Limited restraints
For profit- poor education-sad situation
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2016
First off, they hire mostly black admissions advisors so that they can relate to the students they want to exploit, however the leadership of this company is predominantly white male conservatives.

I believed in taking this career change I was going to help recruit and mentor students to make a life change. I was so wrong. This company only cares about money. ( Financial Aid) The truth is that they make students max out thier pell grant and take out loans for a career that most likely they do not finish the coarse work for. And if they do graduate, they don't make the money to pay back the loans.

It's sick, most of the students are economically disadvantaged, which puts them into more into debt. It became a moral problem for me to work there as a highly educated African -American female. I was hired as an admissions advisor first, then they cut the whole office Financial aid staff and made the admissions team administer financial aid too. This was not my job and we were not properly trained to do so.

Students were always angry, threatening us and failing. They target students that have been incarcerated, abused, come from poor city schools. It was a disaster!!! I felt so bad for our students. They made us call anyone with a pulse even if we knew they would not qualify.

Basically you need to be a social worker to work here. You come home exhausted and frustrated. The pay is fair but not comparable for the work you put in. I also had a student who started to stalk me which was one of the many reasons for ending my career there.
Pros
Mentoring, trying to make a difference
Cons
Taking advantage of economically disadvantaged
worst job ever
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part about this job was leaving at the end of the day. The management here were by far the most untrained people I've known.
Not no but H*/# no!
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 29, 2016
Total good old boy club! They don't care about your credentials, or the students, even if you keep your head down and do the job well it doesn't matter. If you don't fit in the click you won't stay long. They are all about socializing rather than the students. They tell you one thing to your face and do another behind your back.
Little room for advancement
Central Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 13, 2015
When applying for a management job, it is not what you know, they hire those who they know rather than those who are more qualified.
Pros
Good work life baance
Cons
Poor managers with poor leadership skills
Productive Positive Workplace
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 19, 2015
My work day consist of servicing students and meeting all of there needs. I learned students were priority and not numbers. Fun work place with wonderful co-workers.
Daily life as a Financial Adviser for vocational college students.
Financial Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2015
The reception of incoming calls from students with issues of Financial Aid ranging from Enrollment Assistance walk through of student accountability advisement to the deescalation of irate students regarding their funds being posted.
Pros
gratitude from appreciative students
Cons
mismanagement of student funds, staff policy uniformity
changing lives
Financial Aid Officer, Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaAugust 24, 2015
A very enjoyable environment you are fortunate to work with potential students who are on the verge of changing their future
Do what they say or your FIRED
Do Boy (Former Employee) –  North Charleston scAugust 23, 2015
The company wasnt tetrible until they put the wrong ppl in upper management. The sales went down so they went from helping you get into college to lieing and begging the students to stay.
Pros
some of coworkers if they weren't talking about you
Cons
the pay sucks....no raises since 2010.. management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Career Education Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3