Delta Career Education Corporation

Delta Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Worst place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 6, 2016
I don't even know where to begin. Don't work here. It is not worth it. The job is about selling an education that I wouldn't want my dog to have. They prey on poor unsuspecting people to try to get them to enroll. The education is worthless and can cost upwards of $36k for Associates degree. I'm paying that much on a Masters right now. Management does not care. It's all a numbers game and it's sickening. The gossip level at my location was like high school. It was outrageous. Grown adults bullying what they perceived as the "weaker" employees. Management does nothing. It's a nightmare everyday I walk in there that I don't want to relive and I hope my students that are still there continue their education elsewhere.
Pros
None. No pros whatsoever. Not one.
Cons
Management, horrible school, the list goes on
Joke
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAMarch 18, 2016
If you sleep with students you're all set
Love that most instructors and 3/4 of management knows and nothing happens, yet all the good teachers are cut.
Horrible place to work
Overwhelmingly Underwhelming
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 8, 2016
The review title says it all. Learned a lot out of necessity of survival. Has great potential but just not brought to fruition due to poor management.
Pros
Limited restraints
Cons
Limited restraints
For profit- poor education-sad situation
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2016
First off, they hire mostly black admissions advisors so that they can relate to the students they want to exploit, however the leadership of this company is predominantly white male conservatives.

I believed in taking this career change I was going to help recruit and mentor students to make a life change. I was so wrong. This company only cares about money. ( Financial Aid) The truth is that they make students max out thier pell grant and take out loans for a career that most likely they do not finish the coarse work for. And if they do graduate, they don't make the money to pay back the loans.

It's sick, most of the students are economically disadvantaged, which puts them into more into debt. It became a moral problem for me to work there as a highly educated African -American female. I was hired as an admissions advisor first, then they cut the whole office Financial aid staff and made the admissions team administer financial aid too. This was not my job and we were not properly trained to do so.

Students were always angry, threatening us and failing. They target students that have been incarcerated, abused, come from poor city schools. It was a disaster!!! I felt so bad for our students. They made us call anyone with a pulse even if we knew they would not qualify.

Basically you need to be a social worker to work here. You come home exhausted and frustrated. The pay is fair but not comparable for the work you put in. I also had a student who started to stalk me which was one of the many reasons for ending my career there.
Pros
Mentoring, trying to make a difference
Cons
Taking advantage of economically disadvantaged
worst job ever
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part about this job was leaving at the end of the day. The management here were by far the most untrained people I've known.
Not no but H*/# no!
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 29, 2016
Total good old boy club! They don't care about your credentials, or the students, even if you keep your head down and do the job well it doesn't matter. If you don't fit in the click you won't stay long. They are all about socializing rather than the students. They tell you one thing to your face and do another behind your back.
Little room for advancement
Central Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 13, 2015
When applying for a management job, it is not what you know, they hire those who they know rather than those who are more qualified.
Pros
Good work life baance
Cons
Poor managers with poor leadership skills
Productive Positive Workplace
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 19, 2015
My work day consist of servicing students and meeting all of there needs. I learned students were priority and not numbers. Fun work place with wonderful co-workers.
Daily life as a Financial Adviser for vocational college students.
Financial Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2015
The reception of incoming calls from students with issues of Financial Aid ranging from Enrollment Assistance walk through of student accountability advisement to the deescalation of irate students regarding their funds being posted.
Pros
gratitude from appreciative students
Cons
mismanagement of student funds, staff policy uniformity
changing lives
Financial Aid Officer, Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaAugust 24, 2015
A very enjoyable environment you are fortunate to work with potential students who are on the verge of changing their future
Do what they say or your FIRED
Do Boy (Former Employee) –  North Charleston scAugust 23, 2015
The company wasnt tetrible until they put the wrong ppl in upper management. The sales went down so they went from helping you get into college to lieing and begging the students to stay.
Pros
some of coworkers if they weren't talking about you
Cons
the pay sucks....no raises since 2010.. management
Nice place to work
File Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2015
Everyone works together to get the job done. Nice quiet work environment with friendly management that is always willing to help with any work related questions. Management understands life outside of work.
Hostile work environment
Admissions Rep (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 6, 2015
You need to be friends with management to advance. No raises in 4 yrs + and be aware if you speak your mind or have too many questions. Half of the instructors shouldn't be teachers because they don't know nothing. Upper management is prejudice but tries to hide it. Run quick from this once an okay school to now a call center type of environment.
Pros
starting pay
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Poor Upper Management/No Job Security
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Dayton and Troy OHMarch 10, 2015
I have worked in the proprietary education admissions for over 7 years. This is by far the worst company that I have ever worked for. Management doesn't have a clue and the job requirements change every day. If you can tolerate having termination hanging over your head everyday, go for it. Doesn't matter what you do, it's not enough.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list....
Thought it was great until they laid our dept off
fin aid (Former Employee) –  NcFebruary 23, 2015
good pay. Have to be in the clique or you will be eliminated. Doesn't matter if you do a good job or not, as long as you get along with the management, go to lunch, hang out, etc. they will keep you. Our department was let go a month after they told us they were moving our positions to Tempe az. beware!
Pros
good pay for hard work
Cons
felt like i was in high school
Becoming A Cookie Cutter Career College
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 4, 2014
When I first started there was hope and opportunity for advancement and/or a lateral move to another department. Now they are moving towards a call center environment with little personal touches being replaced by computer and phone interaction even while at the campus.

Middle management is all but extinct and everyone is in fear for their job. Enrollment a are down and eliminating employees is Delta's way of cutting costs and hopefully making a small profit for their investors.

The reviewer who said you need to be in with the "in crowd" was dead on. If you do your work and are productive there is no place for you. But if you socialize and make "friends" with management it really doesn't matter if you are qualified for much of anything.
Pros
decent pay and benefits.
Cons
management is poor and ever changing, turnover is high
Good old boy club/non quAlified clique
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2014
If you're part of the clique then your job is safe even if you're not competent. If you're qualified, intelligent, competent, and educated and are proud to have that status without the clique then look for another job. The Cosmetology Program Director feels inferior to women who have beauty and brains that are competent, educated, and assertive. She has a high turn over. She demands you be flexible for her benefit, but will not and does not give the same (she uses her being a single parent with a child as an excuse as if she's the only one)! If you want a puppet master who only cares about herself and her title then work under the current Cosmetology Program Director. This campus could have one of the best Cos Programs in the area but unfortunately it won't see that title until they replace the current Cosmetology Program Director with someone who actually cares about the someone other than themselves (someone who cares about the students, the good instructors and the program! I recommend anyone not to even think about this school if they're inquiring about Cosmetology Programs in the area! I recommend travelling to another school to get a good education in this field.
Pros
pay and breaks between terms
Cons
cosmetology program director and upper management above "her"!
Very stressful place to work.
Clinic manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Job is demanding and stressful. Administration did not support its staff, but rather takes the side of the students. There isn't job security and at any moment for any reason they can terminate you.
Pros
hours
Cons
no job security
Terrible staff and dirty building.
Declined (Former Employee) –  PaSeptember 22, 2014
Students are the meal tickets for Delta and are treated terribly, high turnover rate for all staff, including teachers, students are standoffish towards new teachers with good reason because half the teachers don't care about the student or whether they understand the material, and there is far too much material jammed into 12 weeks for the students to actually absorb and apply to any potential future job. Basically the students are just putting themselves into immense debt for no reason. I would avoid this place if you don't want to be disappointed about seeing discouraged and mistreated students and if you think you'll be allowed to treat your students as your equal, think again because that is highly frowned upon for some strange reason.
Overall Good Company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 4, 2014
The company is pretty good to work for, but if you don't fit in with the people, (going out to lunches, and engage in small office talk), they will definitely let you go.