Delta Career Education Employee Reviews

horrible training ethics
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 27, 2017
I worked with Delta for two weeks an was wondering what in the heck kind of company is this, it was the most dirtiest, nastiest, old, cricket invasion place I ever worked at before, lets not even talk about the team leaders an managers, while they checking bathroom breaks and listening in to your phone calls, watching for cell phone users, they are on their on phones, huh? double standards, and the training should be shelved, its a freakin joke, three days of class room training if that is what you want to call it, they should be closed down for building maintenance an poor management... thumps down, its a fraudulent organization, glad I am gone before the FEDS, get there!!!
Pros
the only pro was my 40 hour check, thats all
financial aid
Financial Services Help Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2017
Management does not communicate anything well, I feel like some try their best and others don't do anything at all. If you aren't a part of the club you aren't moving up. there is no job security due to non-compliant financial aid practices and the building is dirty and broke down
Pros
unlimited OT, good co-workers, location
Cons
no communication, no job security, dirty building
High Volume Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work is incoming calls averaging from 30-50 a day. Assisting students with their Financial Aid and creating Funding Plans for 3 terms at a time. Assisting students with completing their financial aid documents and making any necessary changes to their FAFSA's. I learned how the Financial System works as far as how much funding a student it awarded. My co-workers are great! Management however was nothing that I had experienced before. We are assigned Team Leads to report to if there was a question or a student who needed escalation assistance. We were to instant message through Google and it took a while for one to respond. Management just wasn't helpful or available at most. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the answers for student't questions in a timely manner by higher authority. The enjoyable part of my job was that I worked with great co-workers.
Not a place to work
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2016
It is like being back in high school...you move up if you are a cool kid. The processes are changed daily and they have to know everything thing you do...inculding when you use the bathroom.
People were amazing to work with but environment but not a stable company
Funding and Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 8, 2016
Working in my department the culture in there was wonderful. We definitely had great team work. I learned how to be a better leader. Was able to mold into a team lead. People felt comfortable coming to me for assistance and opening up to me with any questions or issues going on.
Work until you hurt
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 29, 2016
It's just a place, not necessarily a company. There are glimmers of advancement but not for anyone in mid - low level positions. Management is in complete disarray. You get the feeling your job description is completely void and your function is to spoon water out of the sinking ship you are all on. Each department is like its own corporation. Different rules, standards, dress codes, office procedures..
Pros
There is an option to work remotely, if you work in the right departments.
Cons
You only get a raise/promotion if you are in the right department, (6+ yrs no raises for everyone else)
No room for advancement
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2016
Managers advance their friend or those who are in their clique rather than those who are qualified. No raises in over 2 years, company meetings always say their are doing great, but enrollment is down in all areas.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
poor benefits, poor managers
Typical higher Education environment, very political
Team Lead Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2016
They will offer over time when needed during different times of the year. Must be consistent with enrollments. relaxed enviornment, not to much pressure. Work is repetitive.
Pros
Not high stressed
Cons
No advancements, Mgt is very political
No Morale or Ethics
Financial aid Planner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2016
This corporation has no value in employees, or higher educational values. The management will make you feel as if you are a number, the training material is horrible, and no one knows exactly what they are doing. If you just want a paycheck while walking on egg shells daily, this is the place for you.
Pros
breaks
Cons
management
this place sucks the life out of you
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 9, 2016
its a ok company, they are too strict on the call center reps. They monitor bathroom time very carefully, which is uncomfortable.
Good place to work.
Academic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 10, 2016
Company allows some to work from home. Not a lot of advancement as for profit education is struggling. Company does a good job of communicating with its remote employees/campuses and different corporate headquarters.
Pros
People work together well
Cons
layoffs
enjoyed the people i worked with
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2016
Learned a lot about people. On the phones all day gets long and boring. management was good as long as you did your job and stayed on task. they will joke around with you and your day will be better.
Pros
starting pay is good
Cons
no raises
Former DOE
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 28, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my time with Delta. However, they gave no raises to employees for at least 4 years! There were a lot of great employees who deserved raises (even if it was a standard 2% or 3%). My only complaint would be the Executive management (i.e. Campus Director and Regional Directors). Campus Director would come and go as she pleased (i.e. 3 hour lunches often). Spent more time concerned about her boyfriend/fiancée and their wedding plans than the campus issues. Regional folks came a couple times but I do believe in my tenure the CD had three different bosses.
Stressful and Lack of leadership
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2015
There are now successful processes put in place. Leadership lacks communication with both each and their staff. Leadership also is not familiar with working programs used by employees in day to day operations. On the plus side employees are very close and help one another as much as possible to attempt to be as successful as we can be.
Please dont ask!!!
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg VAApril 4, 2015
I was a manager for this company and was laid off after giving them 4 years of constant work and worry. I dealt with igorant Campus Directors and had to deal with childishness amongst my coworkers. Worst place I ever gave my life too.
Very relaxed enviornment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 21, 2014
Typical days consist of meeting our call quotas. I have obtained great communication skills. Hardest part of the job is upset students, but the greatest part is helping a student along their path in life.
Love Delta
Senior Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 18, 2014
I have developed so much professionally and personallly while working for Delta.
No comment...
Instructor (Current Employee) –  PaSeptember 28, 2013
The compensation/Pay is not worth it. Payments are made-out in equal installments.. Try to live on that... GOOD LUCK! Students are very needy and have no self control.
Pros
If you like teaching, a flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay rates needs to be competitive. Adminstrative functions difficult to do, because computer system is not user friendly.
This was a demanding place to work.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2013
Didn't like working there very much. They care more about money than the people that work for them.
If you like being busy all the time and multi tasking this is the place for you. Great face paced Atmosphere!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, Arizona July 9, 2013
My typical day at work is basically interacting with parents/students. Great co-workers, there is alot of room for advancement. The hardest part about the job is the beginning when you are getting to know the programs and systems. I enjoy this job because of the programs and system. Being able to navigate through the systems and programs is what I enjoy most about my job.
Pros
Full Time, Benefits, Location
Cons
Atmosphere, Vibe, Changes that are made daily