Delta Career Education Employee Reviews

Work until you hurt
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 29, 2016
It's just a place, not necessarily a company. There are glimmers of advancement but not for anyone in mid - low level positions. Management is in complete disarray. You get the feeling your job description is completely void and your function is to spoon water out of the sinking ship you are all on. Each department is like its own corporation. Different rules, standards, dress codes, office procedures..
Pros
There is an option to work remotely, if you work in the right departments.
Cons
You only get a raise/promotion if you are in the right department, (6+ yrs no raises for everyone else)
High Volume Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work is incoming calls averaging from 30-50 a day. Assisting students with their Financial Aid and creating Funding Plans for 3 terms at a time. Assisting students with completing their financial aid documents and making any necessary changes to their FAFSA's. I learned how the Financial System works as far as how much funding a student it awarded. My co-workers are great! Management however was nothing that I had experienced before. We are assigned Team Leads to report to if there was a question or a student who needed escalation assistance. We were to instant message through Google and it took a while for one to respond. Management just wasn't helpful or available at most. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the answers for student't questions in a timely manner by higher authority. The enjoyable part of my job was that I worked with great co-workers.
No room for advancement
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2016
Managers advance their friend or those who are in their clique rather than those who are qualified. No raises in over 2 years, company meetings always say their are doing great, but enrollment is down in all areas.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
poor benefits, poor managers
Former DOE
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 28, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my time with Delta. However, they gave no raises to employees for at least 4 years! There were a lot of great employees who deserved raises (even if it was a standard 2% or 3%). My only complaint would be the Executive management (i.e. Campus Director and Regional Directors). Campus Director would come and go as she pleased (i.e. 3 hour lunches often). Spent more time concerned about her boyfriend/fiancée and their wedding plans than the campus issues. Regional folks came a couple times but I do believe in my tenure the CD had three different bosses.
enjoyed the people i worked with
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2016
Learned a lot about people. On the phones all day gets long and boring. management was good as long as you did your job and stayed on task. they will joke around with you and your day will be better.
Pros
starting pay is good
Cons
no raises
People were amazing to work with but environment but not a stable company
Funding and Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 8, 2016
Working in my department the culture in there was wonderful. We definitely had great team work. I learned how to be a better leader. Was able to mold into a team lead. People felt comfortable coming to me for assistance and opening up to me with any questions or issues going on.
No Morale or Ethics
Financial aid Planner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2016
This corporation has no value in employees, or higher educational values. The management will make you feel as if you are a number, the training material is horrible, and no one knows exactly what they are doing. If you just want a paycheck while walking on egg shells daily, this is the place for you.
Pros
breaks
Cons
management
Typical higher Education environment, very political
Team Lead Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2016
They will offer over time when needed during different times of the year. Must be consistent with enrollments. relaxed enviornment, not to much pressure. Work is repetitive.
Pros
Not high stressed
Cons
No advancements, Mgt is very political
Not a place to work
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2016
It is like being back in high school...you move up if you are a cool kid. The processes are changed daily and they have to know everything thing you do...inculding when you use the bathroom.
Good place to work.
Academic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 10, 2016
Company allows some to work from home. Not a lot of advancement as for profit education is struggling. Company does a good job of communicating with its remote employees/campuses and different corporate headquarters.
Pros
People work together well
Cons
layoffs
this place sucks the life out of you
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 9, 2016
its a ok company, they are too strict on the call center reps. They monitor bathroom time very carefully, which is uncomfortable.
If you like being busy all the time and multi tasking this is the place for you. Great face paced Atmosphere!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, Arizona July 9, 2013
My typical day at work is basically interacting with parents/students. Great co-workers, there is alot of room for advancement. The hardest part about the job is the beginning when you are getting to know the programs and systems. I enjoy this job because of the programs and system. Being able to navigate through the systems and programs is what I enjoy most about my job.
Pros
Full Time, Benefits, Location
Cons
Atmosphere, Vibe, Changes that are made daily
No comment...
Instructor (Current Employee) –  PaSeptember 28, 2013
The compensation/Pay is not worth it. Payments are made-out in equal installments.. Try to live on that... GOOD LUCK! Students are very needy and have no self control.
Pros
If you like teaching, a flexible schedule.
Cons
Pay rates needs to be competitive. Adminstrative functions difficult to do, because computer system is not user friendly.
Typical corporate environment
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  CarlisleMay 16, 2013
Delta owns McCann Schools.

There is high turnover among faculty and staff. Those who have been with the school since it opened have pretty much all left, from what I've been told, under the current administration.

Admissions is all number-crunching sales and quotas. They act like they care about a prospective student's future, but really, they are looking for their commission and making numbers for Delta. Students have expressed feeling like they were pushed into enrolling.

The Campus Director is very dictator-like, and the Dir. of Education is her enforcer. He doesn't seem to know much on his own, and defers most issues to the Campus Director.

I've seen A LOT of micro-management and control over employees, to the point that they are scared of saying or doing anything that is in conflict with the upper management, lest they lose their jobs.

I don't recommend working here. The students are great, but less of them are coming in because the current students are not very happy.
I don't plan on staying.
Pros
Someone always watching your back
Cons
To stab you in it at the opportune time
Stressful and Lack of leadership
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2015
There are now successful processes put in place. Leadership lacks communication with both each and their staff. Leadership also is not familiar with working programs used by employees in day to day operations. On the plus side employees are very close and help one another as much as possible to attempt to be as successful as we can be.
Please dont ask!!!
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg VAApril 4, 2015
I was a manager for this company and was laid off after giving them 4 years of constant work and worry. I dealt with igorant Campus Directors and had to deal with childishness amongst my coworkers. Worst place I ever gave my life too.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Very relaxed enviornment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 21, 2014
Typical days consist of meeting our call quotas. I have obtained great communication skills. Hardest part of the job is upset students, but the greatest part is helping a student along their path in life.
Above Average
Senior Admissions and Alumni Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 21, 2012
Start up with many kinks to work out but that's what made it fun.
Pros
young, smart workforce
Cons
too many chiefs and not enough indians
Developing career college corporation
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 12, 2013
Unpredictable. The organization is undergoing a massive restructuring and many systems are in flux.
This was a demanding place to work.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2013
Didn't like working there very much. They care more about money than the people that work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Career Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8