Delta Career Education

Delta Career Education Employer Reviews

No comment...
Instructor (Current Employee), PaSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: if you like teaching, a flexible schedule.
Cons: pay rates needs to be competitive. adminstrative functions difficult to do, because computer system is not user friendly.
The compensation/Pay is not worth it. Payments are made-out in equal installments.. Try to live on that... GOOD LUCK! Students are very needy and have no self control.
This was a demanding place to work.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2013
Didn't like working there very much. They care more about money than the people that work for them.
If you like being busy all the time and multi tasking this is the place for you. Great face paced Atmosphere!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Tempe, ArizonaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: full time, benefits, location
Cons: atmosphere, vibe, changes that are made daily
My typical day at work is basically interacting with parents/students. Great co-workers, there is alot of room for advancement. The hardest part about the job is the beginning when you are getting to know the programs and systems. I enjoy this job because of the programs and system. Being able to navigate through the systems and programs is what I enjoy – more... most about my job. – less
Typical corporate environment
Adjunct (Current Employee), CarlisleMay 16, 2013
Pros: someone always watching your back
Cons: to stab you in it at the opportune time
Delta owns McCann Schools.

There is high turnover among faculty and staff. Those who have been with the school since it opened have pretty much all left, from what I've been told, under the current administration.

Admissions is all number-crunching sales and quotas. They act like they care about a prospective student's future, but really, they are – more... looking for their commission and making numbers for Delta. Students have expressed feeling like they were pushed into enrolling.

The Campus Director is very dictator-like, and the Dir. of Education is her enforcer. He doesn't seem to know much on his own, and defers most issues to the Campus Director.

I've seen A LOT of micro-management and control over employees, to the point that they are scared of saying or doing anything that is in conflict with the upper management, lest they lose their jobs.

I don't recommend working here. The students are great, but less of them are coming in because the current students are not very happy.
I don't plan on staying. – less
Developing career college corporation
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 12, 2013
Unpredictable. The organization is undergoing a massive restructuring and many systems are in flux.
Above Average
Senior Admissions and Alumni Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 21, 2012
Pros: young, smart workforce
Cons: too many chiefs and not enough indians
Start up with many kinks to work out but that's what made it fun.