Delta College Employee Reviews

Learning work environment
Testing Service Assistant (Former Employee), University Center, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Learn different things and a lot of different opportunities as long as you have an education. It is a place to work to help other along
I was a student worker on a work study program while attending college.
Honors Program - Student Worker (Former Employee), University Center, MIFebruary 3, 2015
I was a part time student worker at Delta College.

After classes I would go to work. I would organize the office, then input students names into the honors program.

I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I had my own little office space with a beautiful view looking at the courtyard.

Because I was a photographer, I did some photographing of the students. And because I knew some of the office programs I designed flyers for the honors program for posting around the school.

The hardest part of the job was learning the computer software program when I first started.
Walgreens
Student (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: making new friends; learning how to work a touch screen casher; sign out and on registers;
A typical day as a Walgreens employee involves being at the register. Welcoming customers and dealing with cash. Handling returns and the use of coupons or receipts. Work goes by fast and there is much to learn, although it can be very busy but we ask for help and we receive it. My co-workers were very welcoming, on my first day at the register a employee stood by my side to help me with anything I needed help with this was the most enjoyable time of my days. Lunch was fair not to long or short.
Great place to work.
General Laborer (Current Employee), University Center, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: low stress environment
Cons: third shift
I really have enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and supervisors. The work place environment is positive and well organized.
Great job, great people
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at work is pretty great and laid back, especially when you get into the swing of things, it's a great job if you're a student. You set up laptops and troubleshoot a/v problems. Excellent Co-workers and supervisors.
Very productive and fun workplace!
Writing Consultant (Former Employee), Bay City, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great people, use of my academic skills
Cons: could be overwhelming at times
My typical day at work dealt with sitting in the Writing Center in Delta College's library and working with students either online or in person and consulting them on their academic essays. Online we would get to any essay we could, but in person was preferred and faster. In person, we would have students sign up and we would take them in the order in which they were received. Our schedules were fixed to be the same each day of the week so we always knew when we were working.

I learned more valuable people skills, furthered my Microsoft Word skills, and how to work in a fast-paced environment,

The management was fantastic! always knew how to help out and handle any situation we may have had.

My co-workers were all like-minded students which made work incredibly enjoyable. I absolutely loved to work here for the people and the work.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an overwhelming amount of people needing consulting when we were under-staffed.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the job itself, this was my favorite job of all. I loved using my good people.academic skills in the workplace.
Educational
Student (Former Employee), Bay City, MIAugust 8, 2014
This was school not a work place, most of the professors were very helpful
Stressful Workplace
Student Worker, Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee), University Center, MIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: don't work weekends, don't work past 4:30
Cons: must work through lunch, no raises, no sick/vacation days
A student worker position at Delta College is great if you're maintaining 6 credits. However, this job offers no room for advancement and absolutely zero chance of receiving a raise. The amount of work expected far outweighs the measly $7.40/hour. Management of the Shipping/Receiving department in which I was employed, is very unorganized and lacks discipline. If you're looking for a first time job, this is for you. However, if you're looking for decent pay AND looking to be appreciated for the work you do, look elsewhere.
Friendly atmosphere
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bay City, MIJuly 15, 2014
There is always something going on. Friendly, helpful staff.
Great People, Poor Management
OFFICE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee), University Center, MIJune 3, 2014
Delta has great people to work with. Leadership should focus more on people.
you get to teach a lot
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), University Center, MIMay 13, 2014
• American Government
•Develop class curriculum and lectures, evaluated student’s work, select text books, and worked with little supervision
Work Study Pros
Student Worker (Former Employee), University Center, MIMay 13, 2014
Pros: can do homework, pretty lenient
Cons: no advancement opportunities
At this job there isn't very much expected of you. You could mostly just do your homework. But if you do come in with a hard working attitude, wanting to learn and contribute, it benefits everyone.
carpenter
carpenter (Former Employee), stockton, caApril 2, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: nothing
was a school we built homes for habitat for humanity. not a company it was a colledge.
Diversity in the work place
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee), University Center, MIFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: i feel that delta is going backwards in their management and reaching out to students.
Delta has a wide variety of students and employees within its institution. I enjoy working with the different cultures and learn so much on a day to day basis.
Very large campus allowed for breaks & walking for fitness, encouraged.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), University Center, MIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: limited growth or advancement w/o prior experience.
This was my first opportunity offered to me even before I graduated from obtaining my university degree. Gave me a good start on my business career path.
Very intense
Support Staff (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: full benefits
Cons: i felt there was a struggle to have any kind of personal life
This was very demaning especially when there was a lot of empoyee turnorver and new policy and proceedure was being implemented.
Enjoyed working with kids and coworkers in pool area.
Slide Attendant - Work Study Student (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 2, 2013
Pros: free access to pool and gym.
Cons: short breaks
Fun environment to work in, make sure you bring swim clothes because you most likely will get wet, co-workers were nice and friendly, hardest part of job is being stationary all day.
Wonderful People
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw, MINovember 20, 2013
Pros: nice buildings, friendly environment
A great place to work! Nice, friendly people and a chance to advance.
Advancement
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), University Center, MIOctober 2, 2013
There is always room for advancement. Very educational. Management team is excellent.
Fast paced and unpredictable days
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Business ServicesSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the environment
Cons: very limited opportunity for advancement
No two days are ever the same. The most important part of my current job is the accuracy and attention to details when working with money. I work with Excel and Word programs mostly.