Delta College Employee Reviews

Enjoy collaborating with staff
Adjunct Communication Professor (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 11, 2017
I would like to see more unity in the staff other than the beginning and the end of the year dinner meetings. I think the hardest part of the job is proving that you belong or you are just as good even in an Adjunct position.
Pros
Great receptionist
Cons
Not having an office to meet my students
Professional and Progressive
Office Professional (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIJune 3, 2017
My experience at Delta was both professional and progressive. Learning and applying the most current technological skills are important and they ensure that you are trained in the most current technological techniques.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not so nice people
Productive and Fun
Chemistry Stockroom Student Employee (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 18, 2017
Delta College presents a quality education that prepares students for the work environment. They do so through quality training, high expectations, high minimum effort for students, and at a fraction of the cost of other similar institutions.

Staff and Professors are friendly, professional, qualified in their fields and offices, and are always courteous to students and their families.

As a work environment Delta College is both challenging and educational. You might be working, but you are also Learning how to perform that particular job. The skills learned during that situation provide life lessons on how to do that job at any occupation.
Desk job
Student Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 8, 2017
I liked the job and would suggest every student gets a opportunity to experience working for a college before they graduate. The staff was pretty cool and very helpful.
Great place to work.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 27, 2017
Tons of availability, and flexibility, but I'm only a student worker, so I'm limited to part-time work.

Would love to work as a full-time worker, but positions are filled quickly, so it's a competitive market.
Pros
Schedule, free time, good work environment
Cons
Pay, hours
Fun environment, slow paced.
Student Worker on Assignment (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 24, 2017
Was fun helping other students find information for their assignments and/or books along with assisting the librarians with any projects they had available.
Enjoyed working with students and staff.
PRACTICAL NURSE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 9, 2017
Providing good quality education to Practical Nursing Students. Very nice and helpful co-workers and staff. Had a problem with traveling such a far distance to get to clinical. Enjoyed my teaching experience.
Pros
Very nice staff, enjoyed working with students.
Cons
Far distance to clinical site, salary
Excellent opportunity to expand on your skills learned in class
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  University Center, MINovember 10, 2016
typical day very productive. I learned a lot of hands-on skills. management was positive. Co-workers were helpful. hardest part of job was learning how to use the college database to perform various functions. enjoyable part was serving staff and students.
Pros
very enjoyable and informative place to work.
Cons
work study position/temporary
Best Priced/Lowest Tuition in Town for Years now!
Office Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  University Center, MISeptember 30, 2016
Great school. Fun instructors. Homework time equal to double the hours of the class, but easy enough to get through if you apply yourself and have the time. There is a tutoring center that is always open and willing to help. There is a librry full of computers to be used by students to complete their assignments. I had the best time there that I turned its two year completion rate into six!

There are counselors, advisors, and a career center where all their time and advice is free to you, and a major help towards the first step of diminishing any confusion and worries; also available to help you set up your schedules with correct courses leading you straight to your degree!

One downfall I found during the last three semesters of my schooling was that Delta doesn't offer enough of the same courses each semester for everyone to keep up their pace to meet their expected and desire date of graduating.
Pros
Helpful, friendly, educated staff.
Cons
Not enough parking spaces.
Everyone is really friendly
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 12, 2016
I loved everything about working there. Everyone is very friendly.

Con: Only thing bout working there is your check is sometimes short when doing overtime.
Pros
I was able to do homework and go to class.
Cons
Productive and smart place to learn with pool and gym included
Student (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 11, 2016
A typical day at school is lots of running around and sitting in class. I have learned so much at Delta. Running a business is hard work, but worth it. The hardest part of going to school is trying to get all the work done and in by the due date. The most enjoyable part is the staff and friends you make there.
Pros
Financial aid, flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive
Love my students!
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2016
Overall Great place to work. I enjoy providing education to our future nurses. Very flexible schedule. Great co-workers and my supervisor is awesome!
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Staffing
Great company
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 29, 2016
They really care about their staff. Small and personal. Students are well taken care of . The pay is horrible but the hours are great. The best is their care for their students. They will not put someone into school if they are not ready.
Pros
work hours
Cons
pay
Prepared Physics lab for Physics experimentations
Chemistry Stockroom Technician (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMarch 19, 2016
Restocked and accurately inventoried stockroom supplies to help manage supply availability for Physics Professors.
Prepared Physics Lab demonstratitions for physics courses.
Pros
Interact with Professors
Cons
short assignment
Nice Work, Little Pay
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIJanuary 23, 2016
Delta is a very nice school to teach, but if you are only an Adjunct the pay is very low. In addition, you are unlikely to make full time status in most departments.
Quality job
Student (worker retraining program) (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 20, 2015
The owner of the company was great to his employees. I wish he was still open, because i would still be working for him. Can't say enough good things about this company.
Pros
Great owner
Cons
It closed
Learning work environment
Testing Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Learn different things and a lot of different opportunities as long as you have an education. It is a place to work to help other along
I was a student worker on a work study program while attending college.
Honors Program - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 3, 2015
I was a part time student worker at Delta College.

After classes I would go to work. I would organize the office, then input students names into the honors program.

I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I had my own little office space with a beautiful view looking at the courtyard.

Because I was a photographer, I did some photographing of the students. And because I knew some of the office programs I designed flyers for the honors program for posting around the school.

The hardest part of the job was learning the computer software program when I first started.
Walgreens
Student (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day as a Walgreens employee involves being at the register. Welcoming customers and dealing with cash. Handling returns and the use of coupons or receipts. Work goes by fast and there is much to learn, although it can be very busy but we ask for help and we receive it. My co-workers were very welcoming, on my first day at the register a employee stood by my side to help me with anything I needed help with this was the most enjoyable time of my days. Lunch was fair not to long or short.
Pros
Making new friends; Learning how to work a touch screen casher; Sign out and on registers;
Great place to work.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  University Center, MINovember 20, 2014
I really have enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and supervisors. The work place environment is positive and well organized.
Pros
Low stress environment
Cons
Third Shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2