Delta College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and smart place to learn with pool and gym included
Student (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 11, 2016
A typical day at school is lots of running around and sitting in class. I have learned so much at Delta. Running a business is hard work, but worth it. The hardest part of going to school is trying to get all the work done and in by the due date. The most enjoyable part is the staff and friends you make there.
Pros
Financial aid, flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive
Prepared Physics lab for Physics experimentations
Chemistry Stockroom Technician (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMarch 19, 2016
Restocked and accurately inventoried stockroom supplies to help manage supply availability for Physics Professors.
Prepared Physics Lab demonstratitions for physics courses.
Pros
Interact with Professors
Cons
short assignment
Great company
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 29, 2016
They really care about their staff. Small and personal. Students are well taken care of . The pay is horrible but the hours are great. The best is their care for their students. They will not put someone into school if they are not ready.
Pros
work hours
Cons
pay
Love my students!
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2016
Overall Great place to work. I enjoy providing education to our future nurses. Very flexible schedule. Great co-workers and my supervisor is awesome!
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Staffing
Stressful Workplace
Student Worker, Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIJuly 15, 2014
A student worker position at Delta College is great if you're maintaining 6 credits. However, this job offers no room for advancement and absolutely zero chance of receiving a raise. The amount of work expected far outweighs the measly $7.40/hour. Management of the Shipping/Receiving department in which I was employed, is very unorganized and lacks discipline. If you're looking for a first time job, this is for you. However, if you're looking for decent pay AND looking to be appreciated for the work you do, look elsewhere.
Pros
don't work weekends, don't work past 4:30
Cons
must work through lunch, no raises, no sick/vacation days
Nice Work, Little Pay
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIJanuary 23, 2016
Delta is a very nice school to teach, but if you are only an Adjunct the pay is very low. In addition, you are unlikely to make full time status in most departments.
Diversity in the work place
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 27, 2014
Delta has a wide variety of students and employees within its institution. I enjoy working with the different cultures and learn so much on a day to day basis.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
i feel that delta is going backwards in their management and reaching out to students.
Very large campus allowed for breaks & walking for fitness, encouraged.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 4, 2014
This was my first opportunity offered to me even before I graduated from obtaining my university degree. Gave me a good start on my business career path.
benefits
Cons
limited growth or advancement w/o prior experience.
Work Study Pros
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMay 13, 2014
At this job there isn't very much expected of you. You could mostly just do your homework. But if you do come in with a hard working attitude, wanting to learn and contribute, it benefits everyone.
Pros
can do homework, pretty lenient
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Very intense
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 1, 2014
This was very demaning especially when there was a lot of empoyee turnorver and new policy and proceedure was being implemented.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
i felt there was a struggle to have any kind of personal life
Quality job
Student (worker retraining program) (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 20, 2015
The owner of the company was great to his employees. I wish he was still open, because i would still be working for him. Can't say enough good things about this company.
Pros
Great owner
Cons
It closed
I was a student worker on a work study program while attending college.
Honors Program - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 3, 2015
I was a part time student worker at Delta College.

After classes I would go to work. I would organize the office, then input students names into the honors program.

I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I had my own little office space with a beautiful view looking at the courtyard.

Because I was a photographer, I did some photographing of the students. And because I knew some of the office programs I designed flyers for the honors program for posting around the school.

The hardest part of the job was learning the computer software program when I first started.
Sad
Medical Simulation Technician (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIMarch 5, 2013
This was perhaps one of the worst places I have ever worked. Although it didn't start out that way. There are too many different levels of management and different people telling you different things to do. Some backwards philosophy and a lot of secrets. Over all a hostile work environment. A good place to go for a pay check but if you are looking for a career I would look some place else.
Walgreens
Student (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day as a Walgreens employee involves being at the register. Welcoming customers and dealing with cash. Handling returns and the use of coupons or receipts. Work goes by fast and there is much to learn, although it can be very busy but we ask for help and we receive it. My co-workers were very welcoming, on my first day at the register a employee stood by my side to help me with anything I needed help with this was the most enjoyable time of my days. Lunch was fair not to long or short.
Pros
making new friends; learning how to work a touch screen casher; sign out and on registers;
Great place
Student & Educational Services (Current Employee) –  University Center, MIMarch 18, 2013
Delta is a great place to work their values and ethics are wonderful. People are friendly and very much student driven so they can achieve their goals and dreams in life and pursue careers to another college level or instuition. My Co workers are a great group to work with and in the office it can get pretty busy and crazy at times but everythign works out at the end of the day. The most enjoyable thing I do is helping ohters achieve their dreams and their success in being and doing theor very best to successed.
Very productive and fun workplace!
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 12, 2014
My typical day at work dealt with sitting in the Writing Center in Delta College's library and working with students either online or in person and consulting them on their academic essays. Online we would get to any essay we could, but in person was preferred and faster. In person, we would have students sign up and we would take them in the order in which they were received. Our schedules were fixed to be the same each day of the week so we always knew when we were working.

I learned more valuable people skills, furthered my Microsoft Word skills, and how to work in a fast-paced environment,

The management was fantastic! always knew how to help out and handle any situation we may have had.

My co-workers were all like-minded students which made work incredibly enjoyable. I absolutely loved to work here for the people and the work.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with an overwhelming amount of people needing consulting when we were under-staffed.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the job itself, this was my favorite job of all. I loved using my good people.academic skills in the workplace.
Pros
great people, use of my academic skills
Cons
could be overwhelming at times
Enjoyable
Office Assistant (Work-Study Student) (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 14, 2012
At the time working for delta I was just a work study student with minor responsibilites. I monitered the computer labs and help students apply for pell grants and register them for classes. Management was great and my co workers were great as well. There was nothing hard about my job and the most enjoyable was helping my peers.
Pros
friendly working enviroment
Cons
couldn't work over 20 hours
Advancement
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIOctober 2, 2013
There is always room for advancement. Very educational. Management team is excellent.
Fast paced and unpredictable days
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Business ServicesSeptember 15, 2013
No two days are ever the same. The most important part of my current job is the accuracy and attention to details when working with money. I work with Excel and Word programs mostly.
Pros
enjoyed the environment
Cons
very limited opportunity for advancement
Learning work environment
Testing Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  University Center, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Learn different things and a lot of different opportunities as long as you have an education. It is a place to work to help other along

4.2