Delta Dental of California

Delta Dental of California Employer Reviews

Productive Team Environment fostering Quality Custiomer Service
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: cohesive and collaborative leadership team
Supervised a customer service team in a high-volume environment, focusing on coaching, developing, and motivating employees to achieve and exceed all established metrics. Handle provider and member escalations and give employee feedback on best practices for successful resolution. Represent the group to multiple internal departments, attend quality control calibrations, and ensure company changes are relayed to employees.
Processes defined by legacy contract
Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: pleasant working conditions
Cons: inflexible client contract terms and conditions
Delta Dental has a very strong corporate culture of performance and value. Having held their customer's contract for more than 35 years they are constrained by the term and conditions of their legacy contract. While this results in mature well-defined processes, it makes it difficult for Delta Dental to adapt to changing technologies and creative solutions that can improve their processes.
Flexible hours
Enrollment/Open Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Northern NJDecember 13, 2014
Pros: flex hours available
Cons: no benefits
Flexible hours
Good work environment
Benefits not available
N/A
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 10, 2014
Not a great company to work for. Employer does not care for their employees.
Enjoyed working with my team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: team building events and contests
I enjoyed working for Delta Dental partial because of my coworkers and also because I enjoyed helping members understand how their benefits worked. I was able to defuse many situations simply by explaining the plans the members signed up for.
The people were enjoyable
Computer Operator III (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 1, 2014
Delta was a fun place to work. Short staffing tended to make the position extremely difficult. The people were terrific. Just needed more of them.
fun and rewarding, yet fast past.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 22, 2014
It was very rewarding helping people problem solve there billing issues and also help dental offices update and correct there records.
My job was very fast past so only time to interact with with co-workers was lunch or breaks. I learned that I can work well under a lot of stress.
Fun work place
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CA, 95670June 23, 2014
Delta Dental is a fun place to work. I enjoyed my 10 years at Delta Dental. I enjoy working with my co-worker.
Company offers great benefits and there is always an opportunity for advancement and professional growth.
Audit Supervisor, Claims Processing (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 19, 2014
My professional career flourished within this company. I contribute my successes to the great mentors that I found within Delta. These individuals have and continue to give me great professional advice.
It is a good place to work for.
Senior Contracts Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: no free parking for employees.
I have been with this company for quite some time and I must say it has been a journey.
Provided excellent training & team building
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: great management team
Cons: end of month sales reports
A typical day very busy....closing business, end of month sales reports, helping Managers & various departments. Heavy customer service, attending Open Enrollment meetings. Very challenging position, great place to work, very friendly.
unhappy place to be
Level II Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 2, 2014
The first two years, the company was good to work for, then the company started to go downhill. Management pretty much treat the reps like a number, and they only care about numbers. really sad.
Very productive employess
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: you are an employee # rather than a person.
I would not recommend pursuing a career with Delta Dental. Management pulls reports everyday and use these reports to base there decisions on how work should be done but they are not in my opinion truly hands on in making the work process smoother and more efficient. Most employees have a fear of losing their jobs if quality and production numbers aren't met and the process used to measure quality needs to be changed.
great co-workers
Executive Secretary to VP of Office of Compliance (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2013
did not like the union set-up. archaic responsibility of taking minutes
I absolutely adored working for Delta Dental of California!!!
Audit Review Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, work/life balance, co-workers, happy work environment, days off, hours, union, training, cafe
First off, I regret ever leaving! I left for a dumb reason and have been regretting it every since. I started out as an Eligibility Clerk where I would give eligibility and benefit information in a call center environment. The training was phenomenal! It was 12 weeks and I had the best trainer and the best co-workers. I loved all of my supervisors. I promoted to an Audit Review Clerk where we had 8 weeks of training. We learned all about coordination of benefits and orthodontic payments along with more extensive details about the plans that were offered Premier and Preferred and how benefits were paid. We even learned how to arrange the full mouth xray! They have a wonderful cafe with excellent food. It is a wonderful work environment. It is union so you get your raise guaranteed. The pay is very good, the benefits are very good. Overall, it was the best employer I ever had in hindsight and I wish I could work for them again in the worst way but they use temp agencies now like every other company. They no longer direct hire for my line of business. I actually did work for them through a temp agency last year, the problem was the assignment only lasted three months. I was very disappointed I wasn't hired on as a permanent employee. Hopefully some day I will be able to work for Delta Dental again!
Well informed company with excelant training in all areas!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: stressful
Busy, stressful. But great support from management and well trained, on top of all areas. They just had massive layoff.
Challenging, fast paced
Publications Specialist/Printing Coordinator (Current Employee), Cerritos, CASeptember 5, 2013
A typical day includes monitoring department inbox while responding to customer inquiries and creating print production jobs to be produced with our inhouse department or producing with our vendors. Processing job tasks and coordinating with specific locations. Providing excellent customer service via email or phone. Researching group and individual requests such as welcome packets, preauthorization letters and eligibility files. Creating purchase requisitions and managing metrix database for quantity, cost accuracy and appropriate materials.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2013
FormWorks integration with HP Metavance as part of ESP (Enterprise Simplification Program): Delta Dental has purchased the MetaVance system from HP. MetaVance was previously a healthcare claim processor that is being retrofit to process dental claims for Delta Dental.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2013
Pros: incentives
Entering information of source documents into the database. What I learned great company to work for and advancement of job positions. Management is great. Great co-workers. Most enjoyable is our potlucks and parties.
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 25, 2013
This company offered excellent benefits, the management team always made sure every employees needs were met to accomplish work goals.

About Delta Dental of California

Delta Dental of California doesn't just help keep the mouths of movie stars clean.┬áThe not-for-profit company is a member of the – Read more