Delta Dental of Washington Employee Reviews

Poor training
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Colville, WAJuly 19, 2017
My training at Delta Dental was barely a week. Then I entered dental claims into the system. Then I was processing claims, without the proper training. I had to ask co-workers how to process claims correctly.
Pros
growing company
Cons
Not enough training
Fun
Back Office Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILApril 12, 2017
Fun place to work. The people are great, I wish I would not have had to leave this place of work but I was in school and I could not balance the work - school life.
An enjoyable place to work
Sales Data Entry (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2016
As a contractor, I expected to be treated as less than an employee, but the operations department was wonderful. I worked hard here, trying to improve my efficiency, as well as reviewing the processes involved to make improvements. I was able to save one person about 5 hours per week through technology and a new process.

Management was excellent, My boss and his assistant made sure I was included in lunches, after work dinners and permitted to go to the holiday lunch.

My co-workers were great, it was easy to get help and they were very supportive.
Pros
Good environment, well treated, great coworkers
Cons
Some employees were overworked and stressed during the peak season.
large family
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 7, 2016
When I worked here I didn't feel like I was being talked about behind my back I was able to schedule personal stuff within reason everyone here was glad when they were advancing in the company they had learning chances when you wanted to learn about a different department you were able to ask question without problems I wish I still worked here.
A great place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2015
Reconcile customers that have rolling balance forwards and work with Internal and External customers to bring resolutions to accounts. Solve customer concerns via email, fax or phone.
Manage the Delinquent List and send Delinquent/Termination Letters.
Manage a list of customers that pay by ACH Debit.
I learned Microsoft Excel and their computer systems.
I loved working with the different parts of the company they were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to complete some of the discrepancies without having to have others do some of corrections and have to wait till the next statements to see if they were completed correctly.
Loved reconciling.
Pros
Benifits
Washington Dental Service
Automation Test Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2014
Created and maintained automation suite with QuickTest Pro 11. Created and maintained 400 test cases. Ran automation at request of functional testers
Fun and Relaxed Enviornment
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2014
One good thing about Delta Dental would have to be that the location was ok.

Also, employees had a relaxed informal wear of jeans and sweaters/polo shirts.
Healthcare Experience
Senior Project Manager, PMO (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 24, 2013
Great foundation for Healthcare, worked on Security and HIPAA compliant projects. PMO resources were very good collectively as a team in supporting the needs of the organization.
Pros
Medical/Dental benefits were very good at the time
Cons
Major department heads were run by non-employees
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2012
My daily experience was taking aprox 100 phone calls per day from subscribers/providers re: claims/benefits
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
strict time schedule, a lot of management changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Dental of Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

Delta Dental of Washington Reviews by Location