Delta Dental Employee Reviews

Lots of room for advancement
Dental Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 12, 2017
Delta Dental was a very professional place to work. The company would reimburse you for classes to further your education. There were many different aspects you were encouraged to learn. The management was very supportive and helpful.
Pros
great benefits and pay raises
Cons
The drive
Great Company
Data Entry Intern (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 11, 2017
While I was only an intern for Delta, and this wasn't the path I wanted to take for my career, I have heard nothing but great things about this company. My mom has been working here for almost 20 years and has been treated very well.
CSR 1 (Current Employee) –  August, CADecember 6, 2017
horrible place to work with not good management, did not care about their employees. did not care about the well being of their employees. not helpful in any way. once you finish training you are on your own and they do not help when you ask for it. also are very rude to the patients who call and are very impersonal and frown upon someone who actually cares and tries to help the patients who call in.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
everything else
I would tend to stay away
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 30, 2017
A whole lot of work with not a whole lot in return. The work is simple, but given way too much for one person. No positive feedback, even when doing 100% perfect work. The benefits are good. The workplace environment can be distracting at times. A lot of drama and hypocritical behavior.
great salary and benefits with growth opportunity
Contact Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 28, 2017
very fast paste and challenging
dental terminology and claim processing
always changing
friendly environment
solving problems efficiently and successfully
Great work atmosphere
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARNovember 24, 2017
When I worked for this company it was much smaller than the leading Dental Insurance provider it has become but they always made it priority to appreciate their employees and keep us motivated and up to date on policies and our benefits.
Pros
Close to home
Great Place to Work
Coordinator Billing & Collections (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Delta Dental of Rhode Island! Everyone gets along, great fit. Face paced and at times stressful. Great benefits and they paid for me to go to school!
Excellent Employee Incentives and Bonuses
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 18, 2017
Compensation low, but makes up for it with yearly bonus.
Employee Customer Service Week lots of fun and engaging, but low morale otherwise. Processes are followed differently within the other corporate offices
Pros
great yearly bonuses
Cons
Compensation low
Great Benefits
Sr. Billing and Reconciliations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94105November 17, 2017
Staff and workers are great. Very friendly culture. Benefits are excellent. Only downside was poor job training, low pay, low opportunities for advancement. Most enjoyable are the coworkers. Nice people.
Pros
friendly very nice workers/staff
Cons
micromanaging, poor/limited training, low pay, clock in and out like factory workers, no wifi for most all of the employees, very strict and restrictive rules such as no cell phones on desk, no eating lunch at desk. much like a prison
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 17, 2017
Very knowledgeable about the dental field! Management was awesome and very considerate with working with employee schedules! Workplace culture environment was very diverse!
Stressful
CSR I (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 16, 2017
Training was okay but it is total different on the floor once you hit the floor for call training. You are required to take a test in training to pass in order to continue training and also a phone assessment to keep you job. You report to many supervisor and coordinator. You do not have enough time gather your thoughts in between calls. You will recieve tons of calls. People are so focus on title. Shift are available through shift bids.
Pros
Benefit is free
Cons
Pay is not enough for the amount call you take. Too much micromanagment. High call volume
Delta Dental
Mail Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 14, 2017
Delta is a nice place to work. I am part time and am having a hard time trying to get to full time. Management can be up and down. If they like you then your good.
Productive and busy
Group Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 14, 2017
Was very busy and stressful. More work than I could sometimes handle. There were sometimes problems with getting complete information from sales and clients. Not always enough help.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be very stressful.
Normal Call Center Enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 2, 2017
the coworkers and managers are friendly. Not as stressful as most call centers. competitive pay and benefits for their employees. Lots of "fun days" that employees or managers put together.
Cons
shift
I would not recommend
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 1, 2017
Working for Delta Dental was very stressful with no consideration from management. They allow the callers to speak to the reps disrespectful with No consequence. No one is ever on the same page at the same time. No room for advancement.
Every day is a balancing act
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 29, 2017
Meetings are never-ending.
Projects are constant.
Left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing.
Development takes precedence over infrastructure
Benefits
Cons
No WLB
Used to be a great place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2017
Company is great but recent poor management has made it less desirable. Management has good ideas on how to move the organization forward but execution approach has created a very chaotic place to work for.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Leadership is poor
Overall, need some work.
CSRII (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 27, 2017
Delta Dental as a company is amazing, great benefits, the pay could be a little better due to the stress we put up with daily. I would recommend to a friend or family, BUT I would not suggest the DELTACARE dept. The supvisiors are all clique-y, even the manager is apart of showing favoritism. The rule is no phones and some reps have theirs phones out and watch netflix during their shifts and no one says anything to them. During training they 'stress" how important work/life balance is yet once you are on the phone, that is out of the window! MOT every single week! Most of the Sups aren't trained properly. The coordinators know more than they do. We constantly suggest to allow work from home due to ATL traffic.... been told "SOMEONE ELSE WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOUR SPOT HERE!" - uh rude! Right now we are on stand by to here if the office is closed tomorrow due to hurricane Irma or not. All the schools are closed and yet we may be forced to go in. AGAIN great company overall.. just some minor fixes needed but what company is perfect?
benefits
Cons
Management- lack of.
Great place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 25, 2017
Very rich benefits and salary. Very relaxed atmosphere. Everyone is helpful and willing to go above and beyond. The new CEO has a vision that will continue to make Delta a #1 company to work for. Very happy that I made the move!
Overhaul needed
Enrollment Assistant Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 25, 2017
Terrible management.
No career advancement.
Dead end jobs.
Computer Systems are horrible and they never work so that you can do your job however you are expected to hit a production goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Dental. Our community is ready to answer.