Delta Dental Employee Reviews

Great benefits with poor management and job security
CSR2 (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 8, 2016
Delta Dental provided excellent benefits however this was one of the only pros for working with this company. The management was poor and unorganized from the lowest to the highest of employees. I was able to thrive in this company however their training was difficult for most to understand and whether an employee had a strong understanding or not of material, they were sent out and expected to perform these job functions. It is said that call centers have a high turnover rate and working for Delta Dental for 8 years have proven that to be true.
Pros
Health benefits
Community Minded, Non-Profit Insurance Company
Benifits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 23, 2016
Great connections to community building events. Promoted volunteer work and set the standard for donations by becoming not-for profit certified.
Offers great benefits to employees along with a convenient cafeteria with meals deducted from bi-weekly pay periods.
Pros
Co-worker comraderie, full benefits, concise training program, approachable leadership
Cons
Every daily move is recorded and monitored, FMLA is legally allowed but frowned upon and made clear to be non-recommended
Good place to work, friendly people, growing organization
Sr. Project Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 15, 2016
As a consultant, I drove the project from Concept to Launch.
It was a high pressure in PMO team. Team needed help with processes and streamlining work efforts. People were friendly with the exception of couple who had been there for 15 years as their first job. Overall I would go back and work there as a Consultant again.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Not sure..
Delta Dental
Senior Billing and Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 22, 2016
Delta Dental was a well organized and profitable company. I learned a lot dealing with clients and software. The management wasn't reliable and when certain issues would escalate they wouldn't be available. I enjoyed working with my co workers and learning new processes.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly people
Cons
High turnover and poor management
Chagllenging new experience
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoAugust 11, 2016
Over see the unit and make sure that claims loaded correctly so that examiners could process them

Learned about the Dental industry
Manager was great was always willing to teach me something new.
Got along with all my co-workers.
nothing really hard about the job other then day to day operations
Going home at then end of the day.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
always new benefits and changes due to insurance
Great place to work but management needs to change
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 29, 2016
Bad management and very uneducated in dealing with co-workers. Would go back if all of management were replaced with outside people so that there wouldn't be HR cliques
Pros
Benefits, schedule and flexibility
Cons
HR and Management
Delta Dental
Sr. Billing and Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Because the Managers were pulled into other areas of the business we were self managed. Which in return they did not support, encourage or help grow their employees. Coming from a fortune 500 company it was hard because it showed that they lacked great leadership and it impacted the growth of their people.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
leadership, communication, growth
Associate Underwriter
Associate Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 22, 2016
Since we have gone enterprise (any to any), there has been a lot of changes in the company/department. The expectations and goals are unreasonable and becoming too hard to handle. No work/life balance which includes long hours with no compensation. Due to all the changes people have left with no notice leaving behind huge amounts of work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Work from Home Option
Cons
alot of overtime no compensation, new responsibilities no training
Productive, supportive, great salary and benefits
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colville, WAJuly 21, 2016
Salary through training was $9/hr, then $13/hr for the next 3 months then $15/hr for the next 9 months. Raises and benefits were great. Typical day involved informing dentists that they were responsible for covering the expenses of dental care that was not covered by insurance. It showed that the company was constantly making sure that dentists didn't bilk clients out of money that was clearly the responsibility of the dentists.
Pros
Free coffee, snacks, great breakroom with reduced prices and nearby coffee shack
Cons
Not reliable for good feedback
Underperforming environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2016
Delta Dental has decent benefits and pay, but poorly run as an organization. There isn't the proper infrastructure to handle the amount of work and technological innovation is lacking.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Management, technology, lack of process
Delta Dental
Customer Service Rep Level II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Good Stable Company
Non-Profit Company
Analyzing Claims
Dental CDT
Friendly Coworkers
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with call volume
Most enjoyable part of my job is the benefits
Pros
Non-Profit
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Good office environment to work at
Billing and Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90703December 8, 2016
Delta provided excellent benefits and a good office environment.
I greatly appreciate the 18 years that I worked for this company.

Delta takes good care of their employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Delta Dental is a productive and fun place to work.
Director of Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJuly 1, 2016
Excellent place to work. Training opportunities and promotions for anyone that is interested. Mangement very easy to work with and the company employees are like an extended family.
I would not hesitate to go back if a postion beame available.

I managed the call center, met dept goals and service levels.
Produced yearly budget and worked on priority projects.
I was the contact for our large groups if concerns came up.
Pros
Monthly catered lunches and weekly treats.
Cons
na
It was a great experience and growth opportunity, however my job description was changed to more of an inside postion within the coporate office.
Dental Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 28, 2016
I enjoy working for a company that allows me to utilize my outside sales skill set to manage relationships, drive new business, as well as giving me the opportunity to work independently within a giving territory.
Pros
growth, support from management in a postive manner.
Cons
Micromanagement, over bearing without knowing what the real situation is in the given territory.
Productive & fun workplace
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Delta Dental. My experience working there was very educational & fun. I also appreciated the advanced opportunities for growth and training that was provided. The only thing that was hard to deal with was my layoff.
Dental Billing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 11, 2016
I learned dental billing, codes and how to enroll members of AARP into a dental plan. Not a great co-worker/ management environment but the knowledge I gained will help me excel in the future.
Pros
Great pay/ benefits
Cons
Flexible, willing to give time to get daily assignments completed
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southfield MichiganJuly 6, 2016
I am very honest and love and will give the company I work for all that I have and then some. I am loyal to my company. I love this company but my husband relocated to Minnesota and the family moved with him, if not I would be there today. This was an excellent company to work for
Pros
I love to serve people and help them in any way possible
Loved working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Miss working there! Fun at times! wish I lived closer so I can go back! Benefits was awesome! sick time and vacation time excellent pay awesome supervisor
benefits
Cons
a lot of overtime
Csr ii
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 27, 2016
The best thing about working with this company is that each call was different so your job was repetitive & boring.
Great company, easy to follow, horrible managment
Pros
shift swaps
Cons
mandatory overtime & working 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Professional Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 2, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company, only left because of a job offer that allowed me to work on population health and thought I could make a bigger impact on Kansas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Dental. Our community is ready to answer.