In the LittleMissMatched World, matching is mundane, but mixing patterns and colors is monumentally cool. We may have started with socks, but now the LittleMissMatched line includes bold girls' clothing and beauty accessories, colorful bedding, sporty arm and leg warmers, and awesome backpacks, handbags and slippers. Be bold and think outside the socks. Fashion is fun!
LittleMissMatched is currently looking for an Associate Textile/Print Designer to join our dynamic team.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Associate Textile/Print Designer will work closely with our Creative Director to ensure overall print designs, create and meet the needs of the brand and target customer. The ideal candidate will design exclusive prints, render and reproduce existing artwork, and understands the brand’s target customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for print designs of multiple product categories such as Socks, Apparel, Bags, Footwear, Winter Wear, Etc.
- Responsible for print trends analysis.
- Ability to develop prints from provided inspirations, pitch print colors, and prints into repeats.
- Present and communicate visually to team patterns and color concepts.
- Conduct research to support print design and color pattern direction.
- Research and report on industry print and art related trend direction, color direction, and techniques innovations.
- Oversee print and artwork library for each season.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years in fashion industry designing original print artwork
- Must be able to hand render artwork.
- Experience in kidswear/junior market is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong knowledge of historical art and textile influences
- Strong CAD, Illustrator, and Photoshop experience.
- Knowledge in MS office Suite i.e. (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Knowledge of a variety of printed fabric techniques,
- Strong color sense.
- Knowledge of copyright registration and trademark infringement laws in regards to designing original art and utilizing purchased artwork for apparel manufacturing.
- Hosiery experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
Indeed - 23 months ago