Delta Global Services Employee Reviews in United States

A day of Delta Global Services
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 14, 2016
Similar work for SkyWest Airlines
Marshal planes in the proper gate
unload and load cargo/luggage
able to push flights with an a.m.v vehicle
work with a team
Pros
Free Delta Flights
Cons
Racism
Dead end Job
Ramp Agent / Cabin Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101June 11, 2016
Dead end Job! You'll get maxed out in 2 years. Always short of staffing and equipment so management can pocket the extra money....
Pros
Fly for Free
Cons
Poor Management, Drama, Short Staffed
Productive fun place to work.
Ramp Operations Agent - ONT (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 2, 2016
Working on the ramp and training employees.I have learned invaluable people skills as well as industry standards needed to perform my everyday duties.My co-workers are great..the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people in general..the hardest part of the job is that it is very labor intensive.
fast pace friendly workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kincheloe, MIMay 25, 2016
I would get the flight ready for the day. I would welcome the customers, help with check in and boarding the flights. I would board passengers, send out the flights and close the flights. I would receive incoming flights, help passengers with any problems they had pertaining with their flight. I trained new workers.

The hardest part of the job was working outside at 30 below temperatures.

The best part of the job was getting to know our customers. I made a lot of friends with our regular passengers and coworkers.
Fun to work with
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2016
Delta Global are awesome company to work with they help you learn and grow within there company give you time do go to school and work with you on flexible schedule time and great benefits health,401k,traveling and more.
Pros
Free Lunch and Free Flight
Cons
Health care and medical
hard working face pace job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
most days you would work 12 hours shifts and sometimes you would even work out of town. I've learned how to operate a forklift build pallets pick orders and inventory. I enjoyed the money but the hard part was I was never home with my family
Pros
good pay
Cons
never home
great job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33415May 14, 2016
this was a great job and company to work for. great pay and hours. great benefits and management was excellent. I would definitely work there again.
productive work enviroment great place to meet new people
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2016
a typical day at work clean the ramp load and unload airplanes clean the airplanes de ice the airplanes during the winter train employees on push back procedures
Pros
working at the airport getting to meet new people flight privileged
Cons
the pay
Flight benefits are great, employee representation is non-existent.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYApril 6, 2016
The work as a Ramp Agent is a lot of fun, it's challenging at times but is never boring. Most of the employees and supervisors are easy to get along with. I learned some cool stuff about the working of an airport and the free flights are great. The downsides of this are the upper management and HR department. 3 months into the job we had a new manager take over and they did not show any respect for the employees. The turnover rate tripled and some really great coworkers either quit or were fired. This finally caught up with me when I was fired over some very trivial write-ups. And there is no employee representation for dealing with the appeal process.
My supervisor did not know the phone number directly so I called the same general hotline number every day for 4 weeks before I finally had a person to talk to. They knew the number to call regarding appeal requests and when I called that number they were very nice but only asked for more basic information about the events leading to my release. They never even spoke to anyone that I worked with except the manager who wrote up the charges against me, so in the end my appeal failed because there was no one on my side.
If you have a great manager then you'll love this job which I did when I started. But now it turns my stomach to think of how we all are treated and I applaud my coworkers who still put up with the management.
Pros
Free flights, exciting work, nice coworkers.
Cons
Management, no employee representation, low pay, high turnover, not much room for advancement.
Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 27, 2016
Segun aborisade is the worst supervisor I ever encounter at delta global service. Poor leadership and dont care about employees

Want to know more about Delta Global Services?

Ask a question
Great working environment
Duty Manager/HR (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Typical day would consists of making sure the company was staffed. I learned a lot about time management and managing work schedules. Management was great. I had multi- national co workers, so the language barrier was the biggest challenge. Language and cultural values. Seeing the operation run smoothly.
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent/Customer Service/Station Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 4, 2016
The work is fun it is a workout. The co-workers are the best part of the job they are good people to work with. The job itself is a easy job and fun.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
downtime
Very aggressive, be ready to lose your job
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Freeland, MIJanuary 13, 2016
Very low pay, top out doesn't even break $10/hr though you are tasked with the safety of hundreds to thousands of people a day. Only good thing are the flight benefits, but unless you fly someplace with a friends couch you could sleep on, you won't have the money to do anything. This of course would be good if you are a retiree with money, work as little as you want and fly everywhere, and not have to learn a thing on the job. Happened frequently. Winters were harsh, the reliable workers had to be cross trained on everything and had to do everything. And if you made more than the starting minimum wage, you were first to be fired...I mean let go. If you were a friend or family member of management, you also didn't have to be on time, and could call in at least once a week with no detriment. If you were full time, you could only work 33 hours as they didn't like paying to 40. Part time you could only work 20. And flex time they liked you between 4 and 8 hours a week or month. And your CEO will plaster his face everywhere, because he made money for the company.
Pros
Flight benefits, free domestic if room and cheap international if room
Cons
everything else, pay hours coworkers management environment etc
Loved the customer service I gave the crews
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 13, 2016
I loved working there. Every morning I worked there I would I stock the truck to meet the needs of the planes that were arriving. Decided who would do what jobs and get on and off fast. I enjoyed working with all the wonderful people and learning about their culture. The hardest part was getting all the planes done because many times we had very few crew members because they would call in sick or not show up but we did our best. I enjoyed working at the airport and hearing about all the places the aircrews had flew too.
Pros
Free standby flying
Cons
Not enough part time people to fill in when we were missing crew members.
Productive, and fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Enjoyable place to work and make a career. You will meet a lot of interesting customers and employees. It is the kind of place you can grow and make a name for yourself.
Pros
Flight benefit
Cons
sometime no lunch break
Fun Place to work Besides management
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 15, 2015
Its A great place to work for young people its very physical but there are plenty of breaks.
The people that work there most of them are good people it is a cool environment working out doors seeing all the airplanes meeting celebrities.
The benefits are probably the best part but i heard the cut some stuff back but you still get to fly anywhere you want so that's definitely a plus.
hardest part of the job would be getting the the bin and loading / unloading all the baggage or cargo other than that its a breeze.
the management at that particular company before i left was a big concern which is why i had to make my exit.
the most enjoyable part about that job would be just the people i was around befriended quite a few people and it made work seem less like work.
Pros
Decent Pay, Flight Benefits, Long Breaks, Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Work during Holidays, Understaffed, Not fully equiped to do al jobs.
fun
GSE Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 14, 2015
great place to work if ur single and don't have any children. ur on call 24/7 in all weather conditions. ull work by urself and the management is not on ur side
i hate it
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2015
I hated this job. The only real benefit is the free flights. too much inside drama. And the weather is crazy. I wish I would have never applied and the pay is horrible.
Amazing employees with horrendous management
Below Wing Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 24, 2015
I have yet to work with better people anywhere else. Unfortunately, they offer industry-low wages and very few benefits. Station managers are given a lot of autonomy, which can be a nightmare when the station manager is poor. I would strongly suggest any other airline for employment.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything but the people
Great Benefits
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2015
Great Bosses. The benefits were great. The flexibility of the hours are not good at all. Loved getting paid every week. The work environment was very inviting. The managers were not very supportive.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
horrible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.