Delta Global Services

Delta Global Services Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
ramp agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free travel benefits
Cons: no raise, working with improper equipment, management didnt care
My first day working for Delta Global Services was good I must admit. The staff was nice and management was too. I loved my job because I felt that I was apart of an organization that was of some importance but as the months passed the job started to show its true colors. I can say I had more bad days than good ones, but just having my co workers around made my day because we were all we had. Each day was an up hill battle from management to the customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the enteral aspect of the business. The enjoyable part of the job was getting overtime as much as possible until that came to an end.
great work place to get knowledge and experience
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2015
Pros: long breaks and free food at times
Cons: plane rushes....
basic luggage duties as-well as cleaning duties. everyday is a learning process as in job wise and in general with people. Getting along with the employees is the most fun part of work.
Fast paced workplace with good co workers but the compensation for the amount of work we do I feel is low
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Kahului, HIJuly 13, 2015
Cons: Expensive uniforms, low pay
We taxi planes, unload baggage as fast as possible then load out going baggage and then push the plane back. I enjoy the people I work with and what I do, I just wish the pay was a little higher.
Workplace was enjoyable and had flexible work schedules,
Gate Agent/Supervisor (Contractor) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Able to advance to other positions in the company.
Cons: I had no bad experiences. A good employer
Being given work assignments that you can learn and grow. Allowed to supervise others.

I learned how to supervise subordinates, and create an environment where everyone can learn. Being open to new ways of doing the job.

Management was always approachable, and willing to make the job easier. Open to suggestions. Listened to the employees.

When you have employees, making sure they have the tools to work with, and giving incentives that says, Good job makes the teamwork effortless.

The hardest part of the job, was coming to work, and the equipment may not be operable, due to broken or not working. And this causes the day to start off, with a shortage that could impact the work flow.

The enjoyable part was fellowshipping with coworkers and family, regardless if it was a birthday, anniversary, or holiday.
Great Company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2015
Taxied in aircraft to assigned parking spot. Used various equipment to unload and load aircraft cargo. Cleaned the interior of aircraft. Used a push Tug to move Cargo from one location to another and used a tug to push aircraft into taxing way for takeoff.
Fun, enjoyable place to work with great employees.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Minot, NDJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: no set schedule
Worked evenings so I was the only supervision on duty. This allowed me to make on the spot decisions. I was responsible for at least 10 employees and 9 flights per shift. I did not have a set shift, I had to work around the flight schedules. This means that I sometimes had to work late or come in early. On a normal day I would come into work, have a turn over meeting to find out from the other supervisors what has changed or needs to change going forward. I then had to put together my flight schedule for the night, make sure we had the staffing to cover our work load. If not I had to find someone to cover the shifts that were not covered. I was responsible for two airlines, so any customer service issues we had I was responsible to defuse or address the situation. I had to do what ever was needed of me to ensure timely departures and excellent customer service. So at times I worked the ramp, other times I worked the ticket counter and the gate. I also had daily reports that had to be completed so I had to manage my time so that I was able to complete everything asked of me. I was lucky to have such a strong team to work with. I had very dependable, hard working individuals that I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of this job was that there is no set schedule, flights get delayed due to many reasons, international diversions were something we had to deal with, and working in the elements makes things difficult at times. With all that said it was a fun job. It was ever changing so it was a challenge that I enjoyed. The biggest thing that made this a fun place to work was the people I got to work with and for.
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 9, 2015
Typical day:
~loading/unloading luggage from aircraft
~Parking planes
~Pushing out planes for departure

Management:
~Supervisors always willing to help out and easy to get along with

Co-workers:
~Most are laid back and easy going
~Make the day go by fast
~Always willing to help out when not busy

Hardest part of job:
~Trying to get things done when short on time

Most enjoyable part of job:
~Working outside
Working with the customer
Customer Service Agent/Gate Aviation (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 26, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: nothing at all
On the phone working the customer daily, learning more about the company management was great, co-worker was fun to work with,not being able to service the customer the same day sometime,
Interesting workplace
Cargo Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Its a paycheck
Cons: Short breaks, no insurance, crazy hours. low pay
Loading and unloading shipments, taking care of customers, handling logistics and interacting with customs agents.
Fun place to work with spectacular benefits.
Cabin Service Agent (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, being able to travel, overtime if wanted.
Cons: Short breaks
Working at D.G.S has been a wonderful experience for me. It taught me responsibility and the importance of following instructions. It was a warm, family-like environment. The hardest part for me would be when planes were delayed because of the weather, holding us back from working. The most enjoyable part for me would be taking the role of lead on a plane, making sure the job gets done and actually working because I love the sense of being in control.
Not a fun place to work, bad communication.
Ground Service agent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flight benefits
Cons: low pay late hours no time off to travel
none not worth the time to write. DId not enjoy the overall poor management. Did not want to write any thing about this place at all thankyou
DGS
Cross Service Agent Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 25, 2015
• Provided all travel information including handling baggage and adjustments to itinerary or bookings.
• Complaint Resolution Official which handled reports of dissatisfaction from those traveling and rectified all issues.
• Handled the boarding process and maintained constant early departures.
• Maintained safety and security while in secure areas.
• Maintained constant communication between pilots, flight attendants, and my own team of coworkers.
• Handled push-back procedures of the departing and arriving planes. Deicing and Anti-icing certified.
MY time at DGS
Supervisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: no help from higher ups
I was a supervisor. They are using skeleton crews. Running 5 flights with only 4 workers in the whole airport. You bring these unsafe problems to Management and they don't care due to money. The pay is horrible for agents minimum wage. You get a dollar increase for being counter trained. Supervisors make around $4 over minimum wage. Nice thing is free flight benefits.
EXCIITING LIKE FAMILYWE ALL LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: one hour for lunch
Cons: medical and dential is great
WE ALL PITCH IN AND WE HAD A POT- LUCK AND EVERYBODY BROUGHT A DISH.WE HAD BONUS ALSO EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH. CHRISTMAS DINNER THANKSGIVING DINNERS.WE PLAYED BINGO WHO EVER WON GOT AN EXTRA DAY ADDED TO YOUR VACATION WHEN YOU WERE UP FOR IT WHEN YOUR ANNIVERSARY THAT MEANS WHEN YOU BEEN HERE AT THE JOB FOR ONE YEAR.
Fun workplace
Ground/Cabin Agent (Former Employee), Tamuning, GUMarch 6, 2015
Great benefit is unlimited flying, i loved it but they kept cutting hours.. went from 5 days to 2 in a months time of working
Great job for a single person and no family obligation
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Seatac, WAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: exspensive health and dental benefits.
Physically demanding. Very diverse group of people that I worked with, great atmosphere to work in. Learn a whole a lot of the operations in the airline industry.
Fast paced environment with diverse group of people
Cabin Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: flight benefits are stand by only, management
I learned great deals in how the airport works,, I supervised a team consisting of 5 people( including me) and assign them to various task. What I enjoyed was that every night was different, different plane, different situation, and weather wise. The hardest part would be management, they lack communication with other managing people. It sometimes contradict what one says and it creates a confusion to its employees as well as those supervising.
great place t get your feet wet in the airline industry
ramp agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free flighs
Cons: not enough pay
its a great place to start off if your interested in getting into the airline industry learn the insides and outs of loading weight and balance pushing and he gind of outside work
Only used for flight benefits
Night Time Ramp Lead (Current Employee), Mosinee, WIFebruary 22, 2015
Pay is just above minimum wage and must work in all climes or weather. The only decent thing about workign here is that you get to fly free on standby with Delta Airline.
Its ok
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Its a new experience everyday, no matter how good of a work day plan you may have, it just simply changes. Its great because you get to interrate with all types of nationalities and different cultures. You learn something new everyday.

1 2 3 4 5