Delta Global Services

Delta Global Services Employer Reviews

Stay Away
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: everything else
Low pay, little appreciation. Not a positive workplace. This is the ghtetto if the airline industry
productive
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), romulus miJune 9, 2014
Pros – Flight benefits for your family. No job is ever going to be worse than DGS, so it gives you a new view for the job market.

Cons – You have a "team" of 5 people running the entire ramp for 2nd shift. Minimum wage salary. Management is completely irrational. You are hired and given a schedule, but management constantly changes it without given – more... notice. At least 2 call off/no shows every other day. You are a commodity and reminded of it quite often. They hire anyone because they are always desperate for slaves. Flight benefits are useless: you are too tired to travel, you are given a hard time when you request vacation, you have the second lowest priority on the stand-by list, etc. It is impossible to follow safety regulations when you have 2 people per plane. – less
Very Stressful
Operations Agent (Former Employee), DIAJune 4, 2014
Pros: can fly standby when available.
Cons: very stressful
Fun helping customers. Very stressful when customers are late and miss their flight. Many do not take responsibility for their being late.
Co-Workers are fun to work with and helpful to each other. Management is very demanding. No sitting in an eight hour shift.
good atmospher at work.
Material Handler / Loading and Unloading (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2014
Pros: free drinks.
Cons: short breaks
I learnt how to drive a golf car, and how to be a good team lead.
Maintain a safe operation through out the day
Ramp Lead, Supervisor and Manger (Former Employee), Dulles Airport, in VirginiaMay 26, 2014
Morning meeting with supervisor, Equipment checks make sure all equipment is properly working, create adequate schedule to oversee operation, direct and control all aspects of the operation, maintain all areas of the operation safe, follow company rules and regulations, deal with training, coaching, mentoring, disciplinary actions, etc...
Delta Globel Services
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the free Delta Flight Benefits. The hardest part of the job is i do more then one jon positions. The management treat us well and making sure we was ok.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work was providing administration to the vice president, directors, and project manager. The daily responsibilities included scheduling and maintaining calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries. Ensuring senior management had reports and presentations for all meetings. The management and co-workers were very pleasant – more... to work with everyday. – less
No Commit
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2014
Basic security, great co-workers, enjoyed the free flights with the airline.
Okay job but terrible pay
ramp agent (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: low pay
job is easy, lots of downtime, management is so so. pay is terrible. you top out after nearly 3 years at 9.20
Hard work not good pay.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMay 4, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: work flight after flight fast past
Work a lot of flights not good management. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Okay job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), KahuluiMay 1, 2014
Very good for a first job
Very fast pace
poor management
I would recommend this job to first time job seekers
use it for advancement
poor pay
poor
Ramp Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte NCApril 25, 2014
Cons: work the hardest for less pay
work the most flights a day 15 to 20 will cut your pay regular agent pay double the amount for benifits then the supervisor do and starting pay is two dollars less than other contract companies and caps out at 9.25
A place to travel and work as a team
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2014
Pros: travel benefits, medical benifets, family discounts
Cons: not be able to get discounts other airlines, flight benefits, get on as a reg. employee.
Typical day at work- Coming in early getting things ready, start loading luggage on to aircraft, prepare for departure, Get set up for the next aircraft to gate. Be able to help others when not doing a aircraft has not came in to your scheduled gate, Being ready at all times to deal with aircraft, weather, luggage in the area of the airport.
Team work – more... is the best way to get the job done, Learn everything what a Ramp Agent job is all about in dealing with day in and out on what can change in minutes.
Management- was okay in handling problems and making things right except for time where communication could of save a job and did not let the team know what was wrong and cost a person the dream job that he wanted to retire on.
Co workers- Most of them were good but the ones who were not team players made it made on the others, Some were hard workers and some were lazy. Over the major ones we would work as a team,
Hardest Part- When you have co workers not helping out or not showing up for work. Where weather has a part in messing up aircraft in getting to the gate at scheduled times or departures, Learning to deal with all things coming in minutes each day that you encounter.
Enjoyable part of the Job- Being able to fly any time, any where, on standby, sitting in First Class or Coach Class, Learning about Safety, Team Work, the benefits, different types of Aircrafts everyday.
Knowing what I said in one part of this I wished that I had the job back so I could be happier in life and be able to do what I love best in working for a company to work for.
. – less
Fast paced environement, fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: flight benefits through the contacting company, cap pay.
Cons: intereference of company policies with aiding passengers, equipment, healthcare, security risk
A day at work begins with checking passengers in at 4am for the 7am flight to Ft. Lauderdale. In this work environment you learn to deal with every type of customer personality. Situations can become extremely difficult while attempting to follow the policies of the company and at the same time trying to actually aid the passenger. We check in passengers – more... using a basic program, command line mostly, and assist with payments and bookings using a GUI-based program. However the most annoying part about the job is that our systems shut down or crash sometimes and we have to operate everything manually. Sometimes I wish I could fix the server or devise equipment that functions a little better. Other than that from 4am-1145am or on days where I'm working a double until 7:15pm, I'm the resolution and baggage consultant, reservations and booking representative and gate agent. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the difference you make in the daily decisions of customers and passengers. In the year I have worked with this company I have aided several individuals with complications and traveling issues they have crossed and to know I made a positive difference in their decisions is a plus for me. – less
Productive and an engaging work enviroment
Cabin Cleaner (Current Employee), Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 7, 2014
• Lead the arrival efforts for Delta by providing consistent customer experience in every turn
• Ensure customer expectation are met by the cleanliness of the airline, and adhering to Delta customer experience goals
• Leading by example to ensure the customer values of Delta are met
• Ensure cabin services is not a hindrance for plane departing on time
 – more... Primary knowledge source for all the team leads and manager, the management relies on me to provide progress – less
fast pace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 7, 2014
great people to work with. you learn a lot about machinery and airplanes. co workers help each other out.
Productive Fast Friendly Work Environment and Advancement Opportunities
Cabin Cleaner (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: short breaks and no insurance for regular employees
-normal paced environment friendly team oriented everyone has set goals to accomplish.
-i feel like i have improved alot on my customer service skills to a superb level.
-management system is pretty fair there door is always open for questions and concerns.
-the hardest part of the job is the extreme weather conditions.
-the most enjoyable part is the – more... perks of the airlines. – less
Production of getting the planes ready was fun.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: family
Cons: some management was not people person
I learned alot from the company. It taught me to supervision with workers and team player. The hardest was loading the aircrafts but you learn how to make it easy
Employees are Discouraged due to Low Pay.
Below Wing Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: hard-work, low wage, low standby priority
Job moral is low due to low wages and management doesn't seem to have any vested interest in keeping employees long term - the turn over rate is very high. The outdoor work is tough, especially in the brutal Minneapolis winter. The flight benefits are alright, but we have the lowest stand-by priority so we are the very last people to make it on a plane.
Great learning experience
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: travek benefits
Cons: the department was outsourced
This was a great place to work, a real team environment. I took leasons from this job and applied them to my current position.