Delta Global Services

Delta Global Services Employer Reviews

Exhaustive with awful employees
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 8, 2013
Pros: free flights (where applicable)
Cons: unkempt work conditions, harassing coworkers, low pay
I worked with DGS for only a few short months and in that time I wrote a coworker up for sexual harrassment. They did nothing about it and this coworker continued to work in my zone, with no sort of disciplinary action. The pay is awful for the work conditions we work in, and anyone higher than your performance supervisor doesn't care about us. This – more... is an awful job. – less
Overworked and underpaid
Ground Service Agent (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free flights, first class, meet celebrities
Cons: low pay for work involved
A typical day would be someone calling out sick and leaving us short-handed on the ramp with management sitting in the office while we struggle to get planes out on time. I learned a lot of things, which was everything that station had to offer, I was cross trained in all the departments and was constantly asked to train new employees. The management – more... as individual persons outside of work they were great but knew nothing about management. On many occasions they didn't even know who was working, or who had shift traded, also not knowing how to work our systems or not qualified to work certain systems, and when the work got chaotic we were lucky to get ahold of them or find them. My co-workers were great you can meet a lot of great people working at an airport but of course just like any other job you got your basket full of lazy people that you have to pick up the slack for. But for the most part, I worked with a great crew. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the micromanaging on a daily basis, and if you brought a problem up to them it was either "Okay, I'll take care of it" and eventually the same problem still persists or many "Just deal with it" responses, it blew my mind! The work itself is not all that hard. If you are on the ramp it can get very laborious and very dangerous, and if you are at the ticket counter or gate you have to deal with the customers directly. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was meeting all kinds of new people from all over the world, celebrities, and being around airplanes "Love the smell of jet fuel in the morning!!" I can say this about the airline industry it use to pay really good, and it use to treat it's employees a lot better, now it doesn't but it is still an experience that a lot of people might enjoy. – less
MY LIFE AT DELTA GLOBAL SERIVCES
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WADecember 2, 2013
Pros: potlucks, bbq, lunches
Cons: breaks 10mins
I JEROME BUGGS HAS WORKED WITH SOME OF THE PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES IN AIRLINE AVIATION.I HAVE LEARNED AND GOTTEN MOST OF MY EXPERIENCES FROM THIS COMPANY.THE PEOPLE HAVE SHOWED ME THE SAFETY OF THE JOB WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO.I ENJOYED WORKING FOR DELTA GLOBAL SERVICES AND WORKING WITH WONDERFUL PEOPLE WITHIN THE COMPANY.
do different things everyday
Ramp Agent/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 2, 2013
every flight that we work is different from the other. I love every part of the job but the pay could be better for what we do and better hrs. sometimes it feels as if management picks their favorite coworkers and babies them and they can get away with just about anything which isn't fair to other employees.
A productive and fun workplace
Ramp Agent/ ramp lead (Current Employee), Romulus, MIDecember 1, 2013
I enjoy working at the airport in Detroit ,MI. It has been a very good experience for me. I have learned a lot while working there. The co-workers I get along with everyone there. Management has been great. The hardest part of the day is getting aircraft out on time.
Physical Job
Lead Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 30, 2013
-job requires a lot of cautious activities
-requires active thinking
-teamwork is a number one role to be successful with this job
Fun
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 25, 2013
it would be some challenging days but overall it was fun this was my first job.
Trainer/Performance Supervisor (Current Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 25, 2013
very fast paced and always changing with daily deadlines. I have learned a variety of job skills. Many coworkers are in the wrong profession working in customer service. There is no part of the job that I can't handle. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and talking to customers.
Good work place, Other Agents easy to get along with
Ramp Agent/Trainer (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 21, 2013
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: compensation is low for the type of work you do
Management micro-manages. When Manager is on duty and comes out to the Ramp, all he/she does is walk around or stand around and watches to see who is doing something wrong where he/she immediately goes over to point out your wrong doing and makes you correct it. Has no experience as a Ramp Agent and is unable to operate any of the Ground Service Equipment.
Insufficient Compensation
Cabin Agent (Current Employee), Queens, NYNovember 12, 2013
Busy, Labor intensive with a multicultural work environment
good place to work..
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 6, 2013
ramp bag runer and loading aircraft.management not so good...
DGS
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free travel -standby only
Cons: no sick time no vacation
Free travel standby only
Pay -awful
benefits -awful

No sick time
Not a friendly work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bartonville, ILOctober 27, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: weather and low staffing
I never know where I will be working until I arrive to work. I am usually assigned to work gate area or ramp area.
get to act as owner
Station Manager (Current Employee), Bentonville, AROctober 20, 2013
Pros: get to act as owner
Cons: did not get to set up the book of business
The company allows me to operate the station as it was my own company. I am responsible for everything but allowed to conduct business as I see fit to get the end result
A fun place to work in a fast paced inviornment.
Contract Ramp Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2013
Pros: free flight bennifits.
Cons: some times you are working in the rain or snow or worse, ice.
No day at work is typical. However, if all goes as schedualed here is what's typical about what I do. I work the early morning shift so first thing is that I need to make sure all aircraft at the gates are set up for on on-time departure. That would include tow bar placement and pushback connected. Gear pin inplace. Aircarft has enough water onborad – more... for inflight service during flight. Lavs have been serviced. With in 1 hour before departure the fun begins. Must insure all checked baggage is on the plane! That's very important. Make sure all cargo and mail in onboard as well. Make sure pilot has all required paper work, and walk cabin to insure it's clean and ready for boarding. 10 minutes before departure bin doors close, disconnect air and power from jet bridge and make communication with pilot on head set. Push aircraft back form gate, disconnect towbar and headset and sulute pilot and direct him to taxi way. The hardest part of my job is when flights are delayed do to weather or maintence issues. I really enjoy working with my co-workers and management is good to. The most enjoyable part of my job is to know that I was able to make sure all passengers bags and cargo, mail, was loaded and the flight departed form the gate on time! I love that, because time is money in the airline industry and when flights are delayed it causes a domino effect for the rest of the day for that aircraft. – less
First Job
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough money
This job was such a great start out. I enjoyed directing the plains in and out. This was the first job after high school.
Meet people from around the world
Lead Agent (Current Employee), Des Moines IASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: get to fly for free
Cons: finding the time to fly
Assisting customers at the ticket counter when checking in as well as answering any questions and ticketing issues. Planeing and deplaneing customers for inbound and out bound flights. I have learned how to work safely around aircrafts and to assist customers with disabilities.
I work with some great people who do a great job.
The hardest part of my – more... job is when there is a cancelation or delay due to weather because I am not able to rebook a customer on another airline so it limits my ability to assist the customer in getting them to their final destination.
The best part of my job is the ability to meet and a variety of individuals from around the world. – less
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2013
Pros: flighting all over the united states
Cons: no no no cons
Co-workers were great every one would always have each other back supervisor were very very fair
Very helpful staff members; provide high quality benefits..
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2013
Normally spend 8 hours a day auditing tickets from travel agencies to recover revenue for Delta. I learned a tremendous amount about auditing as well as Quality Control.

Co workers in my department were top notch. The majority of them were always positive and professional.

The hardest part of the job was learning all aspects of the exchange audit, – more... which was extremely complicated.

The enjoyable part of my job was definitely the department outings. – less
Fun working environment
Customer Service Agent/Ticket Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2013
Its so much fun the day to day operation. Meeting different kinds of people from all over the world makes the job that much more interesting and never dull.