Delta Global Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with diverse group of people
Cabin Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: flight benefits are stand by only, management
I learned great deals in how the airport works,, I supervised a team consisting of 5 people( including me) and assign them to various task. What I enjoyed was that every night was different, different plane, different situation, and weather wise. The hardest part would be management, they lack communication with other managing people. It sometimes contradict what one says and it creates a confusion to its employees as well as those supervising.
great place t get your feet wet in the airline industry
ramp agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free flighs
Cons: not enough pay
its a great place to start off if your interested in getting into the airline industry learn the insides and outs of loading weight and balance pushing and he gind of outside work
Only used for flight benefits
Night Time Ramp Lead (Current Employee), Mosinee, WIFebruary 22, 2015
Pay is just above minimum wage and must work in all climes or weather. The only decent thing about workign here is that you get to fly free on standby with Delta Airline.
Its ok
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Its a new experience everyday, no matter how good of a work day plan you may have, it just simply changes. Its great because you get to interrate with all types of nationalities and different cultures. You learn something new everyday.
Great environment to work at with good people.
Ramp Lead Agent (Current Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flying priveleges, good boss.
Cons: not enough work hours in the week.
This job keeps you on your feet. I lead a team of ramp agents to provide baggage handling services for an airline. We make sure to load and unload baggage in a timely manner to ensure the arrival and departure of passengers and aircraft in the time provided.
A Fun and sometimes thrilling environment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, paJanuary 23, 2015
Overall pretty good place to work even though the pay wasn't the best having free flying benefits surely made it worth it. I learned how to load the plane, different things about the plane itself, and how to work as a team.
Loved it
Ramp/Wheelchair Agent Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: benefits experience
-Oversees the wheelchair operations at the airport
-Supervises dispatchers and wheelchair agents
-Resolves operational issues
-Ensure that FAA and DOT Regulation are being followed
-Assist in administration of payroll; employee discipline and scheduling; and administrative duties.
-Ramp/cabin /fleet service operations on assigned shifts and assist with duties as required.
-Oversee and support irregular operations, OJI, and incidents
Okay
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 28, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: low pay, terrible workers
The job isn't hard work. The hardest thing to deal with is the type of people they hire. Most people are very lazy and do not want to do anything. Flight benefits are awesome, but the pay is low. It is easy to advance. I made Lead in 4 months. You have the ability to transfer and work all over the world.
Well set up organization.
Performance Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis,MNDecember 22, 2014
Pros: shift trading
Cons: health care, pay
Well set up together job which I've gained tons of experience being a supervisor for 3 years. Staffing and consistency is a major issue. Hard to keep people due to factors such as hours, pay and people seeking different opportunities constantly. A typical day on the ramp working outside on aircrafts should consist of 5-7 field agents working on large aircrafts consisting of 120-178 people per flight. As I stated it's been a struggle with at times having 3-4 agents per shift working pretty much as two people for tasks. Timing has always been a key concern when doing tasks which at times it's hard to successfully get the aircraft out on time when short but we do the best as we can at a safely manor.
Energetic and fun
Cabin Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2014
Pros: everything
You get to meet people with different cultures, and so many different job oppertunities
good staffing company with flight benefits
Lead Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 5, 2014
good staffing company with benefits. easy to move up in company
Ramp agent/ Ops Agent
OPS Agent (Current Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2014
I was trained for US Airways flight management. The contract ended. It was an interesting job. I enjoyed it.
Great opportunity as a second income...not a career.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Moline, ILOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free flights available on a space available baasis
Cons: poor pay. inadequate staffing
The staff I worked with were great and and friendly. But the company as a whole continues to take away our benefits. After 11 years in order to stay on with the company I had to take a $3/hr. pay cut. They also continue to take away available man hours for our schedulers to assign for our flights. Which means we have to continue to work more flights with less people. And in the crunch time when you have flights running behind and perhaps two or three flights on the ground at the same time, there is a crazy amount of pressure to still get them out on time. This leads to injuries when trying to load and unload heavy bags super fast, and can lead to not having the time needed for proper safety awareness. If flts are a little late, the management gets yelled at and they in turn yell at us. We are required to also have all of this important safety and security training and are given some inside security knowledge not available to the general public, yet the fact that they now cap your pay at a maximum of $10.10 per hour makes it hard to attract and keep good, intelligent, trustworthy employees who will be truly dedicated to their job, when the company makes it very hard to live and support a family on such meager pay and benefits.
Low pay and low hours
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: none really
Cons: poor supervision
The job started fine. But as time passed on and new people were coming in,my hours were cut and the pay just wasn't there. I felt like I was paying them for me to go to work.
Corporate professional with a career progression of increasing responsibility includes full life-cycle Staffing, corporate recruiting, RPO/client/vend
Staff Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2014
• Drive Human Resource process and strategy within on and off-site client corporate organization
• Ability to define and implement processes to achieve company and organizational goals
• Experienced leader able to establish, define, prioritize and communicate departmental corporate recruiting objectives and recruiting/staffing process to hiring managers and field district managers
• Exceptional ability to lead high-profile, time-sensitive recruiting plans with attention to detail, follow-through and a sense of urgency
• Results-driven; keen ability to quickly create process improvement plans against ineffective systems, procedures, and processes
• Skilled in establishing New Business and creating business within current accounts.
• Maintained effective recruiting utilizing the VMS system through Agile 1.
Very unorganized with many schedule changes
Bag Room Agent (Former Employee), RDUOctober 14, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: short breaks, not enough help
A typical work day was very high paced and steady. Every mistake is affects everyone not just one certain area. Management was not appreciative of the work most of the employees put in they went off of hear say then actually doing an investigation on many employees. My co-workers were the best, I got along with the majority of them. The hardest part of the job would be lifting a 100lbs or more bag. I enjoyed working with all of my coworkers they made it very pleasant for me to show up and o my job proficiently.
Amazing benefits that make it all worth it.
Gate Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free flights (unlimited in us, canada, and mexico) and very cheap flights overseas.
Cons: stressful environment, very little contact with management.
A lot of turn over so most people didn't really know what they were doing.
Long days and odd hours.
The customer service aspect of it was both incredibly rewarding and incredibly difficult.
The flight benefits are amazing and made anything else worth it!
Concourse Lead/Dispatcher (Former Employee), phoenixOctober 1, 2014
Poor job job. no benefits Only for flying. Management is poor.
Interesting yet disappointing workplace with great flight benefits
PM Lead Ramp Agent/ Agent -In- Charge (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: incredible flight/ travel opportunites
Cons: low wages, long hours, short breaks, no benefits or job security.
A typical day at work consists of continuous running around to make up for low employee count, constant worry about whether you'll be fired and favoritism. This job has taught me that hard work and consistency are not always as important as saving a few dollars (I say that sarcastically of course). Just like classmates, co-workers vary between great and very helpful, to horrible and lazy. Making work twice as rough for us all. Either way we're in this together. Management seems to be in over their heads at times. One could say that they'd rather risk operational efficiency than to pay fair wages and house enough workers to properly run the company. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the large amount of aircrafts coming in with so few employees per shift. The most enjoyable part of the job also turns out to be the only perk; amazing traveling opportunities and flight benefits.
Third Party Ground Handling in the race to the bottom
Station Manager (Former Employee), IowaSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: high turn over, little reaction by upper management until it is a disaster
Trying to keep prices competitive with other third party ground handlers created limited hours and split shifts for employee that were really seeking a full time job even if it was starting at $8.75 an hour.

Management expects manager to blur the lines and work among the operation, which then gives the perception to the hourly employees that the manager is supposed to work their shift when they can't or don't want to work.