Delta Global Services Employee Reviews in United States

Dead end Job
Ramp Agent / Cabin Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101June 11, 2016
Dead end Job! You'll get maxed out in 2 years. Always short of staffing and equipment so management can pocket the extra money....
Pros
Fly for Free
Cons
Poor Management, Drama, Short Staffed
Interesting yet disappointing workplace with great flight benefits
PM Lead Ramp Agent/ Agent -In- Charge (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work consists of continuous running around to make up for low employee count, constant worry about whether you'll be fired and favoritism. This job has taught me that hard work and consistency are not always as important as saving a few dollars (I say that sarcastically of course). Just like classmates, co-workers vary between great and very helpful, to horrible and lazy. Making work twice as rough for us all. Either way we're in this together. Management seems to be in over their heads at times. One could say that they'd rather risk operational efficiency than to pay fair wages and house enough workers to properly run the company. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the large amount of aircrafts coming in with so few employees per shift. The most enjoyable part of the job also turns out to be the only perk; amazing traveling opportunities and flight benefits.
Pros
incredible flight/ travel opportunites
Cons
low wages, long hours, short breaks, no benefits or job security.
Customer Service - Airlines - Travel Agent
RedCoat Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 10, 2015
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service, passenger handling and conflict management and proactively assisting customers with all travel needs.
Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 27, 2016
Segun aborisade is the worst supervisor I ever encounter at delta global service. Poor leadership and dont care about employees
great job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33415May 14, 2016
this was a great job and company to work for. great pay and hours. great benefits and management was excellent. I would definitely work there again.
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent/Customer Service/Station Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 4, 2016
The work is fun it is a workout. The co-workers are the best part of the job they are good people to work with. The job itself is a easy job and fun.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
downtime
Workplace was enjoyable and had flexible work schedules,
Gate Agent/Supervisor (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2015
Being given work assignments that you can learn and grow. Allowed to supervise others.

I learned how to supervise subordinates, and create an environment where everyone can learn. Being open to new ways of doing the job.

Management was always approachable, and willing to make the job easier. Open to suggestions. Listened to the employees.

When you have employees, making sure they have the tools to work with, and giving incentives that says, Good job makes the teamwork effortless.

The hardest part of the job, was coming to work, and the equipment may not be operable, due to broken or not working. And this causes the day to start off, with a shortage that could impact the work flow.

The enjoyable part was fellowshipping with coworkers and family, regardless if it was a birthday, anniversary, or holiday.
Pros
Able to advance to other positions in the company.
Cons
I had no bad experiences. A good employer
A great place to work and meet different people and adapt to different cultures.
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work was being able to come in and interact with all the employees. I would go through my emails first thing in the morning and then discuss the day with my Supervisor's. I learned that not everyone is as fortunate or needs a little more guidance than others. One of the hardest parts of my job was having to release an employee due to their attendance or any other disciplinary actions. All of my guys were the best, we were able to do the job but still have a lot of fun doing it.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The cold weather that we had to work in
High volume fun workplace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Had to maintain self-control in order to properly function and execute multi-tasking. Required to uphold high level of professionalism when interacting with passengers. Learned so much about the airport terminal and other careers inside of it.
Fast paced environment with diverse group of people
Cabin Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMarch 3, 2015
I learned great deals in how the airport works,, I supervised a team consisting of 5 people( including me) and assign them to various task. What I enjoyed was that every night was different, different plane, different situation, and weather wise. The hardest part would be management, they lack communication with other managing people. It sometimes contradict what one says and it creates a confusion to its employees as well as those supervising.
Pros
free flight benefits
Cons
flight benefits are stand by only, management

Want to know more about Delta Global Services?

Ask a question
Third Party Ground Handling in the race to the bottom
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 28, 2014
Trying to keep prices competitive with other third party ground handlers created limited hours and split shifts for employee that were really seeking a full time job even if it was starting at $8.75 an hour.

Management expects manager to blur the lines and work among the operation, which then gives the perception to the hourly employees that the manager is supposed to work their shift when they can't or don't want to work.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
high turn over, little reaction by upper management until it is a disaster
Corruption and incompetence
Security (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMarch 21, 2013
Delta Global Services, more specifically their security division, is an absolute pit of corruption and incompetence. Checks are often short. Advancement is impossible unless you are good friends with certain people. Requesting time off means you are going to be harassed by those same people. Flight benefits? Good luck using them. Even if you do take a flight (for which you have to pay $50 for the privilege of your "benefit,") if your plane breaks down and you can't get to work on time, they'll fire you. Unless you're pals with the aforementioned people. Each week you have to pay to wear the old uniforms of other unfortunate souls (yup, that $2 tie is going to cost you hundreds over the course of your employment.)

You owe it to yourself to run away from this company and it's culture of corruption.
Pros
working movie shoots is fun
Cons
everything. also, corrupt managers who crown themselves king over the entire security division
Na
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 13, 2015
DGS is overall a excellent company to work for. The employees all are family oriented, the flight benefits are great. And the managers are very helpful.
Busy working place, with interaction with diverse group of people
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2015
I was in charge of cleaning cabins of different airplanes as assigned by my supervisor. This position required from me to communicate with my coworker so as to meet our daily duty. Consequently, I developed good team-work skills that would transferable to other position.
benefits
Cons
N/A
It is a job...
Janitorial Services (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work is just clean after all the clients vacate. The co-workers within my shifts make the day better because we are always enjoying eachother's company.
The best part is the flying benefits
MY time at DGS
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 17, 2015
I was a supervisor. They are using skeleton crews. Running 5 flights with only 4 workers in the whole airport. You bring these unsafe problems to Management and they don't care due to money. The pay is horrible for agents minimum wage. You get a dollar increase for being counter trained. Supervisors make around $4 over minimum wage. Nice thing is free flight benefits.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
no help from higher ups
corrupt
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2015
manager would walk through the aisles of the aircraft after passengers left to look for any technology left behind that he could profit off of. he would keep ipads iphones computers whatever he could find to sell. terrible management of the workers.
i hate it
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2015
I hated this job. The only real benefit is the free flights. too much inside drama. And the weather is crazy. I wish I would have never applied and the pay is horrible.
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 9, 2015
Typical day:
~loading/unloading luggage from aircraft
~Parking planes
~Pushing out planes for departure

Management:
~Supervisors always willing to help out and easy to get along with

Co-workers:
~Most are laid back and easy going
~Make the day go by fast
~Always willing to help out when not busy

Hardest part of job:
~Trying to get things done when short on time

Most enjoyable part of job:
~Working outside
productive
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  romulus miJune 9, 2014
Pros – Flight benefits for your family. No job is ever going to be worse than DGS, so it gives you a new view for the job market.

Cons – You have a "team" of 5 people running the entire ramp for 2nd shift. Minimum wage salary. Management is completely irrational. You are hired and given a schedule, but management constantly changes it without given notice. At least 2 call off/no shows every other day. You are a commodity and reminded of it quite often. They hire anyone because they are always desperate for slaves. Flight benefits are useless: you are too tired to travel, you are given a hard time when you request vacation, you have the second lowest priority on the stand-by list, etc. It is impossible to follow safety regulations when you have 2 people per plane.