Delta Private Jets Employee Reviews

Avoid as long as current management is in place
Owner Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYNovember 14, 2016
Below industry average pay for pilots; inadequate staffing; poor management; too many holdovers from Comair; management trying to run a 91/135 operation like it's an airline.
Pilot's stay away and run like HELLL!!!!
Current Pilot (Current Employee) –  CVGFebruary 23, 2016
STAY AWAY PILOTS! This is one of the only companies that require you to sign a "promissary note" not a training contract in today's pilot shortage... The note is $15,000 pro rated for 24 month! Starting Captain pay is 61K and FO is 41K per year. Net Jets and many other 135 a much much higher. $90/$60 No union and zero work rules...They own zero aircraft and the only thing they have is the mother Delta's name....Mostly all ex ComAir running the show. Do yourself a favor and look and many other reputable companies. Go fly a CRJ 900 and get a free type with no contract. You have been warned.
Pros
Nice aircraft
Cons
Pay below industry, work rules
Made The Right Choice
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 18, 2015
With my experience and skill set, I had many opportunities available to me when I decided to leave my previous employer a couple of years ago. After careful consideration, I decided to join the team at DPJ, and I knew within a few weeks that I had made the right decision. The company was just completing the shutdown of its Kinston facility and the relocation of many positions, including mine, to Erlanger. Things were rather chaotic, but the company hired a new COO and the new team soon gelled. My co-workers are an interesting mixture of talented folks, and the small-company culture where everyone knows each other by first name suits me. Business has been expanding rather quickly though, which has caused some growing pains, but I'd much rather be having these problems than the constant downsizing my previous employer was going through.

The one constant in the aviation industry is change, so I don't know what the future holds, but for now I am enjoying the ride!
Pros
Culture, interesting location near intersection of runways 27 & 18C
Cons
Benefits are so-so (not the same as Delta's)
Good team environment
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 9, 2013
Good team environment and benefits for its employees. Unfortunately, the company relocated to a new city.
Terrible workplace all-around
bottom feeding (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, kyNovember 7, 2013
Awful workplace, work conditions-pay-pto, and leadership. List goes on and on. Comair's ex-leaders in charge.
recent employee survey tells the tail - every category but 1 was a failing score.
Pros
free travel space available
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work for
AIRCRAFT MATERIALS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 29, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work with, and was easily the best job I ever had. I was truly sorry they decided to move the c0mpany to Cincinnati and close this branch. it was a loke losing a family
The time has changed....
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 5, 2012
New management, moving operation out of Kinston, NC. My manager was extremely helpful though.

Want to know more about Delta Private Jets?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Private Jets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8