Delta Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Taking care of patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work for me is taking care of patients..Providing quality care..Hardest part of the job no teamwork and poor management.
Productive and fun day at work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 8, 2015
Prep meals for next day. Assist co-workers when needed. Learn how to how to prepare meals by certain recipes. Hardest part of my daily job is making sure i have complete my preps in a timely matter. I enjoyed working as a team player.
A day at DRMC
o Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMay 24, 2015
A typical day at work at DRMC is normally a busy one. We are short on staff members so we normally handle a heavy workload. Our department covers all the following areas of the hospital: ER, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, ICU, NICU, and any other area needing any respiratory assistance. I have learned to stay calm under any situation and keep going with my work until it has completed. My co-workers have been great. There has been few instances of inappropriate behaviors, but besides that we all get along great. The hardest part about my job is that some of my coworkers dont care about their job as much as I do. It tends to make our department look bad as a whole. I would like to be apart of a department who works together as a team and would like to look strong as a unit. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of my patients. I am extremely friendly and love to be around people. Most of my patients love me and make me feel like I am exactly where I need to be as far as career path goes.
overall it a great place to work.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 18, 2014
I think that the company could be more mindful of the peoples.
Pros
could be mindful of the peopl who help you make the money
Cons
better insuranse they employ about 15000 not a good policy.
Professional but fun at the same time
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 17, 2014
A typical day at work is when you are running around the hospital with your head chopped off. Some days can be very busy and some very slow but I still got my job done. I care about people lives. I learned that this can be me or one of my family members in the hospital and I would like to be treated fair. My co-workers were alright to work with. I believe in helping people and not there just for a check. The hardest part of the job was sticking babies and elderly people. Some of them couldn't handle the pain of me drawing blood and it was sad to watch them cry. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting my work done and having fun in the lab such as parties, games and eating.
Cons
short breaks, health care
Intense, Productive Laboratory
Medical Laboratory Technician- Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 23, 2014
As a student intern, I learned a lot at this fast-paced clinical setting. The lab was always very busy and very productive. I enjoyed all of my coworkers and the opportunity to study at such a busy hospital.
able to relax
Ambulance Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 14, 2014
able to relax between calls to relieve stress. perfect employees to work with. not just workers, we was a family
Pros
spend time with friends, able to joke around with other employees, able to help people in their time of need
Cons
management
Fun and a great place to learn
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryApril 12, 2014
Decent place to work. Sometimes it can get stressful cause you would have coworkers that are lazy or try to put their work off on somebody else. I learned great teamwork with your shift will make work easier for everyone. Patient care is also just as important as job procedure and protocol. Days are pretty steady but can get busy if the hospital is full.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks and no raises
Maintain Proper Patient Services in the health care field
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 25, 2014
Collect Veinous Punctures
Collecting Blood Specimens from babies
Pros
helping patient get proper treatment
Cons
seening patients suffer and theres nothing you can do to help
Productive and Fun work enviroment
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  MSFebruary 20, 2014
My day starts at 0750 and ends at 1700. I enjoy my job and my working environment. I get the chance to communicate with my patients one on one, which is my favorite part of the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with children. I enjoy the stores they tell.
important place
Clinical Informatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at DRMC I would assist physicians during any difficulty they were having on the EMR. I built forms to be used by providers and nursing staff as well as other departments. I have learned how to work in stress. New management felt that my position should have someone with a degree therefore I was laid off with eligible rehire. The hospital employees were easy to get along with. I enjoyed feeling successful in making something work for someone else. To be able to make their job easier.
Medicaid Follow up
Patient Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 20, 2013
Follow up on Unpaid Medicaid Claims. This is a 2 person job. One transferred to a different dept. Now one is doing the job of 2. Different rules for everyone. No one is held accountable for not doing thing correctly and thats the Hardest thing when you are OCD you want things done correctly or don't do it at all. I like my co workers most are very easy to get along with.
Love the benefits, and ease of getting off work for doctors appointments and school events.
Pros
the ability to get off work for apt. and school functions
Cons
no paid holidays, or sick leave
Nice place to start any career...
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 19, 2013
Very professional workplace. The staff are friendly and welcoming to new workers.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greenwille, MSAugust 6, 2013
Great place to work. Poor management. Low wages. Great coworkers.
There are major problems with leadership.
Billing Analyst/Bad Debt Liaison (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSJuly 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the patients.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 26, 2013
Left to go to work in my field. The job was a good job and it was a hard job.
Great COmpoany
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 25, 2013
Loved the great opportunity I got with working at this company. Got a little training on a few things I had never come in contact with and absolutely loved my coworkers. We were like family
Good place to work with many benefits.
Paramedic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 24, 2013
I enjoyed my position as an EMS Supervisor and eventually Interim Director of EMS. Delta Regional Medical Center contracted the EMS service out to a 3rd party EMS company.
Poor management, different rules depending on who you are.....
Nurse (Former Employee) –  GreenvilleFebruary 13, 2013
Worked at this facility for over 10 years. have seen managers come and go. Upper management does not hold directors accountable, especially in nursing. Different rules for different people, no raises in over 4 years. No rewards for going above and beyond, but it is expected. Nurses are not held accountable for doing their job, its more like let me hire this person since they have a license and no one else is applying.....
Pros
fast paced and your day passes fast, up-to-date equipment....
Cons
poor management, staff not held accountable
Not a good place to work..
Former Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville,MsJanuary 22, 2013
Management not supportive of staff.Nurses are over worked and under paid. If you are not a part of the messy group, you get slammed.
Cons
no time for breaks. high nurse to patient ratio.lack of teamwork