Delta Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to retire from.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 9, 2017
Its a great place to work. You have many opportunities and super great benefits. Its a great company and its growing bigger and faster. They offer so many different careers, making it easier for growth,
benefits
Cons
I wish they had more medical centers in other areas of Mississippi
Not in my opinion
RN- 3 East (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 29, 2016
Building is older with outdated d├ęcor. Staff seems uninterested in patient care at times. More concentration placed on policy than what may be appropriate for one patient.
Busy, productive healthcare facility
Cardiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 28, 2016
Fast-paced specialty area that created lifelong friendships and bonds, that also came with typical unbearable workplace drama. Overall, I appreciated the opportunity, growth and experience.
Poor management, different rules depending on who you are.....
Nurse (Former Employee) –  GreenvilleFebruary 13, 2013
Worked at this facility for over 10 years. have seen managers come and go. Upper management does not hold directors accountable, especially in nursing. Different rules for different people, no raises in over 4 years. No rewards for going above and beyond, but it is expected. Nurses are not held accountable for doing their job, its more like let me hire this person since they have a license and no one else is applying.....
Pros
fast paced and your day passes fast, up-to-date equipment....
Cons
poor management, staff not held accountable
Lots of work to be done here
Patient Financial Service Specialist For DMG (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMay 2, 2016
M-f 8-5
Cross training in all job areas
Could be more positive and uplifting
Mostly easygoing coworkers -some are hard to handle
Hardest part of job is the crosstraining because we are short staffed
Ease of taking off when needed for childrens functions etc..
Pros
SECURITY OF JOB
Cons
CROSS TRAINING TO DO OTHERS WORK WHEN ABSENT
Fun and a great place to learn
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryApril 12, 2014
Decent place to work. Sometimes it can get stressful cause you would have coworkers that are lazy or try to put their work off on somebody else. I learned great teamwork with your shift will make work easier for everyone. Patient care is also just as important as job procedure and protocol. Days are pretty steady but can get busy if the hospital is full.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks and no raises
A day at DRMC
o Full time employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMay 24, 2015
A typical day at work at DRMC is normally a busy one. We are short on staff members so we normally handle a heavy workload. Our department covers all the following areas of the hospital: ER, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, ICU, NICU, and any other area needing any respiratory assistance. I have learned to stay calm under any situation and keep going with my work until it has completed. My co-workers have been great. There has been few instances of inappropriate behaviors, but besides that we all get along great. The hardest part about my job is that some of my coworkers dont care about their job as much as I do. It tends to make our department look bad as a whole. I would like to be apart of a department who works together as a team and would like to look strong as a unit. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of my patients. I am extremely friendly and love to be around people. Most of my patients love me and make me feel like I am exactly where I need to be as far as career path goes.
Medicaid Follow up
Patient Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 20, 2013
Follow up on Unpaid Medicaid Claims. This is a 2 person job. One transferred to a different dept. Now one is doing the job of 2. Different rules for everyone. No one is held accountable for not doing thing correctly and thats the Hardest thing when you are OCD you want things done correctly or don't do it at all. I like my co workers most are very easy to get along with.
Love the benefits, and ease of getting off work for doctors appointments and school events.
Pros
The ability to get off work for apt. and school functions
Cons
No paid holidays, or sick leave
important place
Clinical Informatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at DRMC I would assist physicians during any difficulty they were having on the EMR. I built forms to be used by providers and nursing staff as well as other departments. I have learned how to work in stress. New management felt that my position should have someone with a degree therefore I was laid off with eligible rehire. The hospital employees were easy to get along with. I enjoyed feeling successful in making something work for someone else. To be able to make their job easier.
able to relax
Ambulance Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 14, 2014
able to relax between calls to relieve stress. perfect employees to work with. not just workers, we was a family
Pros
spend time with friends, able to joke around with other employees, able to help people in their time of need
Cons
management
Taking care of patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work for me is taking care of patients..Providing quality care..Hardest part of the job no teamwork and poor management.
Nice Place - could be better.
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 9, 2015
People there in general are all nice and friendly, dedicated to their roles, especially within the department. Some employees working as much as 25 to 30 years. The only concerns are some areas or departments are stuggling to keep up with new and increasing demands. Overall, it is everything to expect from a large - busy 24/7 healthcare environment.
Pros
Plenty of legacy and new equipment to work with.
Cons
Old equipment is out of date and hard to keep up, Not enough personel to cover issues or specialty items, Too much dependance on outsiders for assistance.
Professional but fun at the same time
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 17, 2014
A typical day at work is when you are running around the hospital with your head chopped off. Some days can be very busy and some very slow but I still got my job done. I care about people lives. I learned that this can be me or one of my family members in the hospital and I would like to be treated fair. My co-workers were alright to work with. I believe in helping people and not there just for a check. The hardest part of the job was sticking babies and elderly people. Some of them couldn't handle the pain of me drawing blood and it was sad to watch them cry. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting my work done and having fun in the lab such as parties, games and eating.
Cons
Short breaks, health care
Great chance to increase your skills.
Trauma Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSNovember 27, 2012
Good place to work if you are not in management. Management doesn't stand behind you in the actions you are instructed to take.
Pros
great learnintg opportunity.
Cons
poor support system form management.
Not a good place to work..
Former Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville,MsJanuary 22, 2013
Management not supportive of staff.Nurses are over worked and under paid. If you are not a part of the messy group, you get slammed.
Cons
no time for breaks. high nurse to patient ratio.lack of teamwork
Productive work place.
Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 7, 2012
Company provide great patient care and also offer support for the families of the the patients as well.
Pros
great employees discounts and employees rewards.
Cons
heathcare benefits and hours.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greenwille, MSAugust 6, 2013
Great place to work. Poor management. Low wages. Great coworkers.
Productive place to work for.
OR/ES Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJanuary 6, 2013
great benefits, pays off well. enjoyed working for this company
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun day at work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 8, 2015
Prep meals for next day. Assist co-workers when needed. Learn how to how to prepare meals by certain recipes. Hardest part of my daily job is making sure i have complete my preps in a timely matter. I enjoyed working as a team player.
Productive and Fun work enviroment
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  MSFebruary 20, 2014
My day starts at 0750 and ends at 1700. I enjoy my job and my working environment. I get the chance to communicate with my patients one on one, which is my favorite part of the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with children. I enjoy the stores they tell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9