Delta Sonic Employee Reviews in United States

good overall
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Working in the winter is horrible. I have permanent nerve damage in my feet from when they would leave me out power washing in the cold too long. With all the chemicals and water in my face, it's no job a girl would like. This is also the minimum wage position. You get stuck here most when you're new. The tips make it worth it in any other season. It is very easy to advance if you put in the effort. The scheduling is amazingly flexible. I like that there's a lot of employees and freedom rather than sitting behind a counter. Theres also a multitude of job positions you can rotate and advance in so you never get bored.
Pros
flexible scheduling, commission/work advancement opportunities
Cons
working outside in cold/heat, favorites
Productive and fun work place
REGISTERED NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Taking care of customers, detailing cars to the customers expectations desires and needs. Working outside in a fun environment.
lots of people interaction
Technician (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2016
I would power wash, dry, and detail interiors of customer vehicles. The hardest part of the job was making sure the customer was happy and the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a lot of people on a day to day basis.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor managment, got let go for a untrue reason
Easy money no set regulations
Delta Tech (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Worked here for 5 years before quitting never any consent money only time money is consent is in winter time. After that your going to need another job! also a job that has a lot of drama on a daily basis coworkers literally talk behind your back even management! work here if you need quick money but not a long term job no benefits at all!
Pros
fast money
Cons
money will vary weekly and so will hours!
Delta Sonic
Assistant Site Manager & Detail Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2015
Delta Sonic is a great company to work for if you are motivated and looking to advance. I learned a lot of great skills in my time with Delta Sonic. The only negative is that it is always busy so it consumes a lot of personal time you may wish to have.
Fun workplace but too much drama
Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2015
Very fun workplace to be employed with but there are too many immature young teenagers and they love to create drama. A workplace shouldn't have any drama going on between other employees.
Cons
No discounts on anything besides car washes and coffee, We need more discounts when purchasing anything with being an employee of Delta Sonic
fast pace
Detailer (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYSeptember 14, 2015
this was a fast pace job the you would be happy with. the only down side was the rain. no one wants there car washed then its rainning so making 6.60/hr and tips on thoes day sucked however on a good day you could make about 200 in tips
Fun Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Great for students or athletes, they provide a very flexible schedule. I was able to come back when I went of to college. They held a spot for me.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/A
Terrible place to work
Advisor 1 (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYAugust 12, 2015
I work at the location in West Seneca. The managers are power hungry and think they are much more important than they really are. It is a great place to work while you are in high school or are going through college as the tips are amazing (most days). But on the downside it is only beneficial if you are a female or a good looking male, those are usually the only employees that actually get hours. Rainy days are the worst days because you don't get called in to work and if you do you spend the day cleaning something just to make yourself look busy. Overall I would not return to work at Delta Sonic and would not recommend anyone else to work there.
Pros
Tips. Flexible hours
Cons
Short/No breaks. Terrible Management. Unreliable hours.
Very Good when comes to scheduling
Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 16, 2015
This business is constantly changing, they are always trying to better their environment for their employees. This company is very great with scheduling around school schedules or other jobs an employee may have.

Want to know more about Delta Sonic?

Ask a question
Great place to work and learn while you're young
Lube Shop Manager III (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 14, 2015
The pay is great for a college student. Company policies change far too much and aren't communicated to employees that well from upper management. This company has all the pieces to be nationally successful, but having the wrong people in place to do it will be the downfall to this company. I believe they can turn it around.
Pros
Great commission benefits, time off requests
Cons
Leadership, management
Overall a pretty good job.
Team Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYMay 15, 2015
A typical day consisted of working on and detailing cars. Also maintaining the work environment as well as helping coworkers.
great place
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  niagara falls nyApril 27, 2015
great place to work. all my co workers were amazing and the management was very flexible with my hours and schedule I would recommend this job to anybody
Delta Sonic
Carwasher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 26, 2015
Is not flexible with me college schedule!
Gave 2week advance I could not work a specific date and they still made me work that day.
Pros
tips, paycheck
Cons
not flexble, poor attitude
A day at Delta Sonic
Delta Tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2015
A typical day at Delta Sonic depends on what time of year it is. Spring/ summer means not so busy, while mid fall/winter is busy season. All season long the employees complain about how hot or cold it is outside when its a weather based job and that's what they applied to do. There are never enough towels to dry cars off and people are lazy to wash them. some days if it rains or snow be prepared to most likely get the day off, meaning no hours. its an on call job unless you 100% have to come in at a constant time. you are not guaranteed hours at some locations and may not get a break. They will keep you in one department day after day and although its a tipped job you will not be guaranteed to dry cars at the exit. I learned its good for 16/17 year olds but its not something you should take into consideration if you do not want to be a manager. speaking of mangers, most of them are young and smart mouthed and are lazy.They disappear when you need them and re show on their own agenda. Also, some managers are always on their personal phones texting. Some will work others will not depending on how THEY feel. Your co workers can be funny, some can be disrespectful and talk about customers under their breath or to other co workers after they leave. Some are careless about the job and do not follow safety guidelines and procedures. Some co workers do not like each other simply because of who they are as this has happened to me twice.
The hardest part about the job is trying not to quit because some managers and co workers make you feel that way. The only enjoyable part is if and
  more... i mean if you can make a lot in tips.  less
Pros
Its a tipped job
Cons
On call job unless pre staffed by management job you don't know when you are leaving
Active environment with great flexibility.
Customer Advisor, Wash Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
A very fast paced workplace. Constantly active and dealing with customers face to face. Fun place to work for at times, co-workers make job enjoyable. Hardest part of job is being outside all day and being extremely tired at the end of the day.
Extreme
Delta Tech (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2015
if you don't mind being outside in 100 degrees down to 0 than youll be fine, I have to say that this job was only good for the tips. some of the people were cool and some of the managers were cool but on the other side some of them were mean and they talk to you like however. I learned that this wasn't my kind of job
Pros
tips
Cons
being outside
Friendly Atmosphere
Delta Technician (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 6, 2015
Delta Sonic taught me great communication skills and taught me how to deal with the public well. The management and co-workers were always more than helpful and we became friends.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not a consistent income
fun place to work
Sandwich Artist and Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 16, 2015
I at the subway and dunkin donuts in the store. I would open every day and get the donuts and coffee ready. I learn how to do manger stuff and how to open and close a store. The management was nice and showed me a lot when I needed help. The hard part was doing both sides in the same day when they are busy. The people i work with was the best made a lot of friends and still have to this day.
Pros
thirty minute lunch
Cons
no free lunch
Delta Sonic review
Paint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Typical workday would be fast paced. Hundreds of cars come through daily. The level of excellence required was superb. Great customer service skills was required. Customer interaction was frequent. Enjoyed pleasing customers. Hardest part of job was working outside in the brutal Syracuse winters.