Delta Sonic Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Delta Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2017
Amazing workplace, everyone is kind and gets along. Not many hours are given out during spring due to rainy days but other than that everything is great.
Pros
$4 car washes for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Delta sonic
Car Washer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2017
Delta sonic has its great moments. I high recommend people to apply. Not only there are great people you'll work with, you will feel rightly home. I love working there
Pros
The money
Cons
Weather conditions
busy place
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2017
a very busy sometimes stressful morning and busy lunch. management is somewhat helpful most enjoyable part is the customers, their consistant and friendly
Pros
discount drinks half off meals
Quick paced
Delta Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 11, 2017
I was a minor when I was working there so I got the hours i was able to receive due to the age laws. Overall it was a very quick paced and sometimes stressful job but it had its perks, especially with the pay. You could easily make $100 in tips daily.
Pros
Long breaks, good pay.
Cons
Hours aren't scheduled, you have to call and see if you can work.
boring and no one cares
Washer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 30, 2017
a typical day at Delta Sonic, I would go clock in and get ready for work and I would go up to a manager and ask where do they want me, meaning do they want me outside washing cars or inside cleaning out the car. Management is not that good, they really don't pay attention. Always on the their phone. The hardest thing about the job really nothing, its all easy and get it done faster. The most enjoyable part about the job was the co-works, not the management the co-workers. They are the most friendly people and not rude or anything,
Not a cheerful workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  350 langner rd.west seneca ny 14224February 27, 2017
Although no one was outright mean,no one looks happy to be there.also who the heck can live off of 11 hours a week unless you live with your parents.its a better place to work if you are in college and live at home with your parents
Pros
Good starting rate if you are in food services
Cons
No breaks at all except a half hour break for lunch if you are scheduled for a 8 hour shift
priductive
delta tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 7, 2017
productive things to do, it was kind of fun but people were sometimes mean and the managment was bad. it seemed like my shifts were longer than they were because it wasnt that enjoyable
Pros
productivity
Cons
not friendly managment
It's ok
Food Service Preparer (Former Employee) –  Fairmount, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Basically it similar to any entry level job. Some people care about the quality of their work, others do not. The level of commitment varies but it is not dissimilar to any McDonald or retail place you have seen.
Delta Tech
Delta Technician (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYDecember 19, 2016
I detailed Vehicles
I dried off Vehicles as they exited the wash
I also vacuum out Vehicles
The Hardest Part of the job was cleaning the most filthiest cars out
The most enjoyable part was you got tipped well
Terrible place to work don't work at delta sonic
Delta Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYOctober 27, 2016
The managers are power hungry and think they are much more important than they really are.Rainy days are the worst days because you don't get called in to work and if you do you spend the day cleaning something just to make yourself look busy. Overall I would not return to work at Delta Sonic and would not recommend anyone else to work there.
Cons
Managers, Customers
Work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 10, 2016
Excellent place to work for non-educated employees, as well as students. Most employees are under the age of 20, management typically under 25. Upper management is available yet competitive, rarely opportunities for upper level management advances.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay compensation, Advancement
Very flexible and friendly enviorment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Penfield, NYSeptember 26, 2016
It is an awesome company for any student who needs a flexible schedule. There is always room to go up in the company as long as you do not mind relocating. The management is very understanding and helpful.
Pros
Flexible, good environment
Cons
call in schedule, unsteady pay
Easy-going and not that disciplined
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Anything I know I have learned from this place. They have you do everything from gardening to demolition. You could put in mulch one day and knock down a wall the next.
okay place work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 31, 2016
to make any real money you had to push washes, books, extra cleanings etc. management always sided with customers if there was a problem, even when you war the one being flashed by a customer (Advice:Just don't go out and help him (Had to he was handicapped and couldn't pump his own gas-I ended up always calling another manager to pump his gas after he flashed them twice he was told not to come back.).Other employees made it fun as we were all in the same boat trying to out sell each other.
good overall
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Working in the winter is horrible. I have permanent nerve damage in my feet from when they would leave me out power washing in the cold too long. With all the chemicals and water in my face, it's no job a girl would like. This is also the minimum wage position. You get stuck here most when you're new. The tips make it worth it in any other season. It is very easy to advance if you put in the effort. The scheduling is amazingly flexible. I like that there's a lot of employees and freedom rather than sitting behind a counter. Theres also a multitude of job positions you can rotate and advance in so you never get bored.
Pros
flexible scheduling, commission/work advancement opportunities
Cons
working outside in cold/heat, favorites
Productive and fun work place
REGISTERED NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Taking care of customers, detailing cars to the customers expectations desires and needs. Working outside in a fun environment.
lots of people interaction
Technician (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2016
I would power wash, dry, and detail interiors of customer vehicles. The hardest part of the job was making sure the customer was happy and the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a lot of people on a day to day basis.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor managment, got let go for a untrue reason
Easy money no set regulations
Delta Tech (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Worked here for 5 years before quitting never any consent money only time money is consent is in winter time. After that your going to need another job! also a job that has a lot of drama on a daily basis coworkers literally talk behind your back even management! work here if you need quick money but not a long term job no benefits at all!
Pros
fast money
Cons
money will vary weekly and so will hours!
Delta Sonic
Assistant Site Manager & Detail Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2015
Delta Sonic is a great company to work for if you are motivated and looking to advance. I learned a lot of great skills in my time with Delta Sonic. The only negative is that it is always busy so it consumes a lot of personal time you may wish to have.
Fun workplace but too much drama
Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2015
Very fun workplace to be employed with but there are too many immature young teenagers and they love to create drama. A workplace shouldn't have any drama going on between other employees.
Cons
No discounts on anything besides car washes and coffee, We need more discounts when purchasing anything with being an employee of Delta Sonic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Sonic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9