Delta Sonic Employee Reviews

Very Good when comes to scheduling
Glass Technician (Current Employee), New YorkJune 16, 2015
This business is constantly changing, they are always trying to better their environment for their employees. This company is very great with scheduling around school schedules or other jobs an employee may have.
Great place to work and learn while you're young
Lube Shop Manager III (Former Employee), Greece, NYJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great commission benefits, time off requests
Cons: Leadership, management
The pay is great for a college student. Company policies change far too much and aren't communicated to employees that well from upper management. This company has all the pieces to be nationally successful, but having the wrong people in place to do it will be the downfall to this company. I believe they can turn it around.
Overall a pretty good job.
Team Advisor (Former Employee), Cicero, NYMay 15, 2015
A typical day consisted of working on and detailing cars. Also maintaining the work environment as well as helping coworkers.
great place
Service Advisor (Former Employee), niagara falls nyApril 27, 2015
great place to work. all my co workers were amazing and the management was very flexible with my hours and schedule I would recommend this job to anybody
Delta Sonic
Carwasher (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 26, 2015
Pros: tips, paycheck
Cons: not flexble, poor attitude
Is not flexible with me college schedule!
Gave 2week advance I could not work a specific date and they still made me work that day.
A day at Delta Sonic
Delta Tech (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Its a tipped job
Cons: On call job unless pre staffed by management job you don't know when you are leaving
A typical day at Delta Sonic depends on what time of year it is. Spring/ summer means not so busy, while mid fall/winter is busy season. All season long the employees complain about how hot or cold it is outside when its a weather based job and that's what they applied to do. There are never enough towels to dry cars off and people are lazy to wash them. some days if it rains or snow be prepared to most likely get the day off, meaning no hours. its an on call job unless you 100% have to come in at a constant time. you are not guaranteed hours at some locations and may not get a break. They will keep you in one department day after day and although its a tipped job you will not be guaranteed to dry cars at the exit. I learned its good for 16/17 year olds but its not something you should take into consideration if you do not want to be a manager. speaking of mangers, most of them are young and smart mouthed and are lazy.They disappear when you need them and re show on their own agenda. Also, some managers are always on their personal phones texting. Some will work others will not depending on how THEY feel. Your co workers can be funny, some can be disrespectful and talk about customers under their breath or to other co workers after they leave. Some are careless about the job and do not follow safety guidelines and procedures. Some co workers do not like each other simply because of who they are as this has happened to me twice.
The hardest part about the job is trying not to quit because some managers and co workers make you feel that way. The only enjoyable part is if and i mean if you can make a lot in tips.
Active environment with great flexibility.
Customer Advisor, Wash Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
A very fast paced workplace. Constantly active and dealing with customers face to face. Fun place to work for at times, co-workers make job enjoyable. Hardest part of job is being outside all day and being extremely tired at the end of the day.
Extreme
Delta Tech (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: being outside
if you don't mind being outside in 100 degrees down to 0 than youll be fine, I have to say that this job was only good for the tips. some of the people were cool and some of the managers were cool but on the other side some of them were mean and they talk to you like however. I learned that this wasn't my kind of job
Friendly Atmosphere
Delta Technician (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Not a consistent income
Delta Sonic taught me great communication skills and taught me how to deal with the public well. The management and co-workers were always more than helpful and we became friends.
fun place to work
Sandwich Artist and Manager Training (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: thirty minute lunch
Cons: no free lunch
I at the subway and dunkin donuts in the store. I would open every day and get the donuts and coffee ready. I learn how to do manger stuff and how to open and close a store. The management was nice and showed me a lot when I needed help. The hard part was doing both sides in the same day when they are busy. The people i work with was the best made a lot of friends and still have to this day.
Delta Sonic review
Paint Specialist (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Typical workday would be fast paced. Hundreds of cars come through daily. The level of excellence required was superb. Great customer service skills was required. Customer interaction was frequent. Enjoyed pleasing customers. Hardest part of job was working outside in the brutal Syracuse winters.
Selling Customers car washes
Customer Advisor 2 (Current Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: short breaks, no set schedule, weather conditions
A typical day at work I am in the booth selling customers. Delta Sonic has a very specific sales approach that all cashiers must follow. I have learned a lot about sales techniques, and have become fearless in learning to always ask. I have learned how to problem solve with each customer because no one is exactly the same. The management team is awesome, I love my co workers as well. The hardest part of the job is the weather, especially when it is cold. When you are wiping you make great tips but it is very physical work. In the summer time, I do love being outside, talking with customers and working with my co workers.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 16, 2015
This job was fun to work at. Most of the employees are younger and just enjoyable to be around.
Fun place to work
Delta Tech (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Fast shifts, make good money in tips. Friendly environment.
A place to make good money and grow
advisor 2, cashier (Current Employee), JolietDecember 24, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Customer service and sales of car washes and detail items. I learned how to speak to people and sell myself as well as a product. quick thinking and memory skills were also gained. Management was stern but helpful. My coworkers are amazing! They make the job that much better. The hardest part of the job is the customer service aspect. People are not always easy to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the holiday specials and my co-workers.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Seneca, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: managers
Good company loved working there, management was great.Good company loved working there, management was great.
College and High School Job
Mission Control Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2014
This was a job that I held in college and high school. It was a great place to work that offered many challenges.
Very laid back work environment
Delta Tech/ Cashier (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2014
Very relaxed environment. Friendly coworkers. Overall enjoyable job
Detail Shop Assistant Manager II
Detail Shop Assistant Manager II (Former Employee), Penfield, NYNovember 3, 2014
• Ensure OSHA Safety standards were practiced and enforced.
• Ability to work as a team and individual to meet corporate goals daily, weekly monthly.
• Sharing product knowledge with customers
• Completing tasks in an effective, efficient and timely manner
• Effectively communicate with both customers and co-workers
• Proven ability to upgrade services
• Completing tasks on/ahead of schedule
• Handle cash and credit card transactions
• Work outside in all types of weather
• Available to work overtime as needed/requested
Productive Workplace
Detailing Technician (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 29, 2014
• Wash vehicles prior to entering the car wash
• Dry vehicles exiting the wash
• Thoroughly clean the interior of vehicles by vacuuming and wiping down all interior components
• Ensure achieving customer satisfaction by ensuring Delta Sonic's standards for car quality
• Use great attitude, excellent communication skills, very customer service oriented, adhere to all safety regulations
• Move fast pace, multi-task at all times, customer focused for this hands-on position