Delta State University Employee Reviews in United States

Easy and fun experience around great co-workers and different sports
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 16, 2015
Depends on the day or the event that is going on that day. once I make it to work I usually have few photos to rename and edit before posting them in back of the School website. Setup up for game days whether soccer, football, basketball, etc. also edit highlight videos and posting them on social media. we have to manage our time when we have more than one event at the same day. co-workers are helpful and we always find a way to cover everything and help each other. hardest part about the job is staying all day working different events and going from one to another. but the most enjoyable part about the job is being around sport and thats what I love the most.
Effective and best place for a Student Worker to work at DSU
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed everything about Student Business Services at Delta State University. I enjoyed everyday of work. I gained much experience working within the diversity of SBS. My co-workers/bosses were the most loving people. I could never complain about them. When I was instructed to do something, they made sure I thoroughly understood what was asked of me. Nothing was hard about the job.
Pros
The experience.
Cons
There aren't any cons.
Greatness
ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 16, 2015
Great place of employment in Mississippi. However, we're one big Family here at Delta State University. The academics and sports staff members has a real good relationship. We have the same
goal(s) for the students that attend DSU.
Productive and fun workplace
The Delta Statement (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 12, 2015
I was the News Editor at the paper and I really enjoyed my time while I was on staff. I learned a lot of skills like time management and the process of editing print while at this job. I interviewed people and covered many interesting events on campus and in the community of Cleveland.
Pros
meeting people in the community
Cons
no healthcare
Nice place to work and go to school
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 5, 2015
a typical work day is hard work and long hours of standing. the supervisor is not a great supervisor at all. anything that you talk to him about in private he, he always go back and tell other employees about what was said in private. I read a quote but i don't have a source from it. "A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation". I think that this is a really great quote. Bad management should not be allowed in a work place.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Supervisor tells everyons business
Productive, fun to work for
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 28, 2015
My job was very fun and commendable. I enjoyed working with the public and being a multi-tasker. The most important thing about the particular position I was able to help people and provide services that would better help their physical lives. I also helped my co-workers whenever my help was needed. For the most part, I helped anyway whether they needed the help or not.
Excellent way to earn a Master's Degree.
Graduate Assistant / Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 26, 2015
My assistant-ship with the outdoor program made my master's degree possible and was an excellent work experience. I was responsible for a wide variety of small and large scale events that have prepared me to work under pressure successfully.
Pros
Helped with tuition, Outdoor trips
Cons
Low Pay
great teachers!
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSSeptember 21, 2015
I loved Delta State. Great teachers and faculty. They're very helpful and want their interns to succeed. They are always there to lend a helping hand
Switchboard Operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 29, 2015
Answering the phones transferring the calls to the direct line be respectful and professional at all times. Make sure that the callers are taking care of and being happy.
Pros
Answering the phones, hectic callers
Cons
No company around
Delta State UNiversity
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MSMay 11, 2015
Loved working there. They were always nice and made me feel comfortable. I met many new friends while working there and it was always nice to be able to do school work while I was there.
Pros
They were flexible with your schedule.
Cons

Want to know more about Delta State University?

Ask a question
Productive and learning environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 31, 2014
A typical day included administrative tasks, date entry, research, typing reports, and assisting supervisors with assignments. I learned about academic research, and economics and community statistical data/analysis. My supervisor were very knowledgeable about each project and resourceful. My coworkers were team prayer and fun to work with. The hardest part was finding exactly what was need from academic research that related to project. I enjoyed learning from professors and other peers.
okay place to work
Assist. Prof. (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSFebruary 17, 2015
The people are friendly, for the most part.

If you like small towns in the Mississippi Delta, this is your place.

The university faces serious budget constraints. This is associated with a lack of resources, outdated facilities, and low pay.
Learning Environment while writing about local news
News Editor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSDecember 2, 2013
We me twice a week to assign stories and to check with staff to make sure stories were coming along in a timely manner. Editors edited stories before sending to copy editor.
The hardest part of my job was making sure news stories came in on time. When they did not, I had to stay up very late editing.
I enjoyed working with the staff. It was a fairly relaxed environment, and encouraged productive criticism.
Pros
meeting with important contacts around the city and university
Cons
having to be very stern with staff to get stories in on time.
Steady pace, with things changing rapidly.
Coordinator of Transfer Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSNovember 19, 2013
I have really enjoyed my time working at the University. I work closely with the next generation of students who lead our world. I take great pride in the job I do. We have a very structured methods of recruiting freshmen and transfer students for various academic programs across numerous disciplines.

I learned that students need more attention past the recruitment period. I would love to transition into student affairs and work with students more closely and over the course of their entire college career. Through my experience, I have developed a love for the students.
Pros
travel, company car, per diem
Cons
large recruitment area, college location, lack of technology
Very productive, positive, and wonderful atmosphere
Human Resource Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day at work involved answering phone calls, processing employment applications, posting jobs, and managing filing. I learned how to properly post job postings, process & direct employment applications, and file employee documents. Management was very clear and direct. I knew each and every day what my daily tasks were to be. My co-workers were excellent! They were not only concerned about my work-life but my life outside of work as well. We were like a family. The hardest part of the job was turning down applicants who may have missed the deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping unemployed individuals receive a job.
Pros
inviting atmosphere, family-oriented, opportunity to help individuals in a meaningful way
Cons
unfulfilled promises to advance
Going through re-structuring of leadership
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 16, 2014
I think it's going to be much better after the restructuring of leadership. We have a lot of new upper management. I enjoy the flexibility of the job but the compensation could be a lot better.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation
Laid-back work with friendly atmosphere
Fitness Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, swiping cards for entry, and maintaining the cleanliness of all equipment.

Gym member were very friendly and stopped on occasion to hold a friendly conversation.
Productive and fun workplace
VISTA Volunteer, Career Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 7, 2012
I like that the work is typically unrestrained and the work environment itself is the same. The staff works great as a team and we generally have a lot of fun working together.
Pros
flexible, laid back, creative environment
Cons
low pay
Family Oriented University
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 18, 2014
This is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the students are respectful. Cleveland is also a nice place to raise a family.
Pros
the people are friendly and welcoming.
Cons
mosquitoes
an interesting job for college adults
Service/Tech Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSApril 25, 2013
A typical day at the BPAC was, in exclusion of show days, involved cleaning the back areas, ensuring the safety of electrical systems, and maintaining the premises. Show days were a full 12-hour affair that included setting up proper lighting and sound ques, ensuring the safety and care of props and set, as well as maintaining a proper space for the performers to prepare. The management was well taught and always had something for us to do. My co-workers were college-aged adults like me who enjoyed theatre, so we often got along fine. The hardest part of my job was the lack of proper scheduling and defined hours. One day I would be there for only a few hours doing really nothing of interest and the next I would be there from dawn to far after dusk working tirelessly on sets. My favorite part of working here was that I worked with theatre and art people and I very much enjoyed their company.
Pros
hands-on, very educational, rewarding and meaningful work
Cons
no definate schedule, general lack of hours for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3