Delta Employee Reviews

Found 1,537 reviews matching the search
a great way to avoid family functions
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2017
They like to say how much they pay their employees but what they don't tell you is how much employee expenses are increasing. There really is no raise. Actually a loss. Higher tax bracket and more out of pocket expenses. Yes, you can fly for $50 a year, but its stand by. Who has time to sit in an airport for days to try and get on an already oversold flight. When you can get on, its great. but don't plan on traveling all the time.
Plan on working every holiday, weekend and undesirable location. This is no 9-5. Plan on getting yelled at and thrown under the bus by customers, your co workers, management and upper management. Management will cherry pick who they bend the rules for. So don't expect that all people will be treated the same. This is a dog eat dog company!
Pros
a free flight now and then
Cons
too many to list
positive and self driven
ala ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
always exciting and unpredictable, positive work safe environment and always teamwork. Day at work, long hours and multiple flts.
Learned how to prepare for arriving and departing flts. how an aircraft should be loaded and always on time departures. A ALA manages many different teams thru out his or her shift, this makes for a safe operation for all involved. Culture very family oriented, all sticking together to get the job done. Hardest part of the job would be waiting for gate space or delayed flts. Most enjoyable part is seeing yourself and your co-workers go home safely an the end of your shift and having a smile on your face when all your flts were on time.
Pros
flights
Cons
great benefits
Do not work for Delta Air Lines in Seattle
Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2016
This is the worst station to work at for Delta Air Lines. Management is horrible! They are never held accountable for their actions, quick to blame each other and the agents. Always competing against one another to shine for the big boss. They do not care for the employees as they call us "idiots". The trainers do not properly train new agents as you are just thrown out on the job and learning on your own. Corporate needs to come in and start cleaning house with these managers as they all lie and cheat just to get promoted! They hire managers who have no clue how to run an operation. Also going on retreats leaving no mamagers to run the operation and the biggest "abusing their corporate credit card"!!! If management do not like you they'll put a red flag on you and find anything to get you fired along with preventing you from getting promoted as they'll feel you'll take their job from them!!
Pros
Flight benefits, profit sharing!
Cons
Management sucks as they are the most hypocritical emloyees of Delta Air Lines!
Highly Competitive Company
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2016
Long excessive hours with no breaks. Nights and weekend work is expected daily. Poor management and leadership with unrealistic expectations and no work/life balance. Only plus was flight benefits and those are only good after you have been with the company for 5+ years and have a very flexible travel schedule allowing lots of extra time to sit in airports for flight after flight of not getting on.
Pros
flight benefits, good pay, convenient location
Cons
excessive hours, no breaks, poor management and leadership
International Airline
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Delta and although high stress, there were many perks that made it all worth it. A typical day consisted of aircraft safety checks and crew meetings. Depending on the day, you could work anywhere from 1-4 flights a day.The average work day would be about 12 hours which could stretch much longer. The perks of having seen the world were a definite positive. The negatives unfortunately had to do with the lack of a union and job security in a transportation industry. There also were no requirements for management and many mid level positions were handed out with no credential for the job. Despite these issues I think it was a overall a wonderful experience
Pros
Flight benefits, company incentives
Cons
lack of union representation, unqualified management
Very productive, Competitive and Friendly company to work with.
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 27, 2016
A typical da working for Delta is fun. The people that work there are great and you come into contact with new people and faces every single day. I can say it its one thing in particular I learned at Delta that would be Patience. Management knows their job/role and the play it very well having all areas of the job covered . Co-workers are great people to be around. They are very reliable and dependable. The hardest part of the job would be during and IROP (Irregular Situation) like having a delayed flight and having to rebook over 120 passengers for flights or finding them hotels to stay at. Most enjoyable part of going to the job site would be going to work each day because every day is a new experience and no day is ever the same.
Pros
Flight Benifits, Raises
Cons
Short breaks
This was the most informative job i was empoyed with thus far
Quality Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2016
Delta Airlines was a great job, and I learned the most in regards to job safety (OSHA) and general employee management relations, I worked in all weather , and my physical agility was definitely put to the test. I would recommend delta to anyone who is looking for a stable career with benefits.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
Delta can be a dangerous place to a person who is no safety causious
Not the place for those aspiring to advance on skill and merit
Airport Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2016
For the company to be as successful as they appear to be, they have a serious problem with hiring and promoting real talent. It is very much apparent that those in management role did not get their on their abilities and knowledge of management, only on their ability to suck up and play workplace politics, As a result many individual departments are suffering to balance costs and revenues. Management positions open regularly in the same stations, suggesting that they are not selecting the right people in the first place. There is a major break down in company culture as is passes through every level of the organizational ladder and even that differs greatly between departments and stations.
Pros
Flight benefits, pay
Cons
advancement opportunities, culture, individuality
terrible place to work over worked and underpaid
Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2016
you work harder as a temporary employee than any of the full time employees. Literally they always give you more work than they give to fulltime employees. The holiday pay is a sham, the safety first ideal that they preach is bogus, everything is about working faster and doing whatever it takes to get the planes out faster. delta doesn't care about its seasonal or reserve employees and it is shown through the unnecessary aggressive tactics that the management and supervisors use on a consistent basis where they blame the employees lowest on the totem pole and never take responsibility for the unsafe work environment the employees that are overworked and underpaid, nor the lack of functional safe equipment to carry out day to day tasks.
Pros
travel
Cons
everything else
All political
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 16, 2016
work hard as a Ramp agent, from a 4AM till late afternoon.... terrible pay $7.00 an hr... the co worker is rude towards me when am doinng my job i had no problem minding my own business... this the cultuere against a minor person... no unemployment compensation for working 6 months on the job....
Pros
working with people and have a smiling face
Cons
rude co worker get me fired because of jealousy.
An awesome place to work. The overall company philosophy is amazing. The airport stations can be a challenging place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Stay focused on your on personal career path and avoid all other distractions. I personally love working for Delta. I will admit that I've had personal challenges that the actual airport stations weren't so great at assisting or accommodating me, but once I reached out to Corporate, the response was swift and great.
Pros
Travel and health benefits, profit sharing, employee care
Cons
Short breaks, frozen shifts, not enough local upward mobility
One of the BEST companies I've ever worked for.
Reservation Sales Agent Premium Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2017
One of the BEST companies I have ever had the privilege of working for. Delta has the best insurance, and travel benefits in the industry. Yes, you might have gossip, and drama in the workplace, but all in all, management has your back.
Pros
Excellent travel and health benefits
Great coworkers/mgmt/benefits
Customer Service Agent - Airport (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
A great company to work for if you want to travel and have the money to do it. Great company culture that works very well together. However, not much room for horizontal advancement. Departments are rigidly different and there is minimal communication. Would recommend for someone who's looking for a stable career and likes the airline industry.
Pros
Flight benefits, work culture, fair pay
Cons
No lateral advancement, departmental disconnect
Delta Airlines
DELTA TICKETING GATE AGENT & BW AGENT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2016
Working for Delta / DGS is a consistent daily change because of the passengers and how many flights come and go. I have been able to really understand how to flexible.

Management is trying its best to be available when situations arise with delays and cancelled flights. Unfortunately they do have limited resources to make sure their employees are happy.

My co-workers are people great people and enjoy parts of the job and they work hard.

The hardest part of the job is the pay that is offered as well as the schedule that does not change.

The enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet many different people and help them out with their dream vacation. I also enjoy the perks of travel.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Low Pay
Fast paced, fun , team interactive
Customer Service Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2016
Yes Delta is definitely a fun place to work. Very team interactive.
Fast paced on most days, because there is constant change and there are times when weather or world events impact our day. I learned great management skills and flexibility.
Management is onsite and if you need to speak with a manger, you need to be proactive. Co-workers are very close in proximity, but are very diverse. The most difficult part of the job is maintaining skill levels. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying your customer!
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Great Company, good benefits.
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2016
Competitive pay with other Airlines, Great job advancement, Diverse, lots of different job opportunities. Would recommend to anyone to apply for a job with this company.
Pros
Great Company, good benefits, good pay.
Cons
Hard to get on with.
Enjoyed working with the public and new challenges each day.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
It was a fun place to work. You meet the public each day with a smile and willing to go the extra mile for the customer.
I learned each person you come in contact with is a unique and special person in their on way.
The management team was always willing to help you find a solution to any problem you come in contact with.
I worked with a lot of different people with different personalities and work ethics. It was always fun and a learning experience.
The hardest part of my job was to find routes out of Atlanta that appealed to the customers.
I enjoyed everything I did with my job because I always walked away
with a new learning tool that I could use in the future.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
Fantastic company with a strong focus on the individual
Project Manager / Architect / Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work. Company has a clear and strong focus on the individual employee and career advancement. Management encourages innovation and creative thinking. Very completive approach to innovation and use of cutting edge technologies.
Pros
Employees valued with very good compensation and benefits
Cons
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Delta Air Lines
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 15, 2016
A great company to work for. I have nothing but praises for Delta management and the company. There is not more I have to say other than is the company I have ever worked for.
Family
information technology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Delta is and always will be a part of my Family.
I always learned you keep your management team updated on your work/life balance.
Not only did I work along side co-workers, we were a team.
The hardest part of my day, was the day my career ended with an involuntary layoff as well as other co-workers received the same involuntary layoff.
With that said, the most enjoyable part was always knowing I was apart of Delta Airlines. Past, present and future.
Pros
World Wide
Cons
favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2