Delta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,399 reviews matching the search
Employees supported each other.
Supervisor Airport Passenger Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2016
I spent 34+ years of my life working for one of the greatest companies in the industry. We took care of them and they, us! We were trained well, we reviewed knowledge and policy throughout each year. We helped others grow. We made extra efforts to take good care of our customers! When I went to work for the government, I suddenly realized how spoiled that I was by the great company that I Delta!!
Pros
Many benefits, learned to have fun, we became walking encyclopedias!
Cons
Very few, if any!
Productive, Fun Work Place
Customer Service/Check-In/Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Very Productive, customers keep you on your toes, You learn to develop compassion for others, patience and mildness. My co-workers and I get along quite well. I try to make my job less stressful for myself and my co-workers. all thought some time its gets very busy at time I love my job, that's the time I enjoy the most. I am not a fan of when its slows down, and there is not too much to do, so I help my other co-workers with their assignments, or I find something to do.
Pros
health insurance, flight plans
Cons
short breaks
A very hectic and unstructured place to work.
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work is chaos and confustion combined with managers who are incompetent and of no help at all. The hardest part of the job is working with managers who don't know what they're doing. The most enjoyable part is days off and free flights.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Incompetent managers
Great Company
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
Delta is an awesome company for entry-level workers. There are several opportunities for advancement, as well as great benefits. Customer service is an everyday part of my job and I enjoy part of it.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Enjoyed working with the public and new challenges each day.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
It was a fun place to work. You meet the public each day with a smile and willing to go the extra mile for the customer.
I learned each person you come in contact with is a unique and special person in their on way.
The management team was always willing to help you find a solution to any problem you come in contact with.
I worked with a lot of different people with different personalities and work ethics. It was always fun and a learning experience.
The hardest part of my job was to find routes out of Atlanta that appealed to the customers.
I enjoyed everything I did with my job because I always walked away
with a new learning tool that I could use in the future.
Pros
Free Trips
bag going to wrong city
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 13, 2016
there was a bag going to the wrong city with the passage med in it. So I was able to track the person down to make sure we had the right the city.
Pros
we had the info on the bag .
Cons
two city on the bag
Great coworkers/mgmt/benefits
Customer Service Agent - Airport (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
A great company to work for if you want to travel and have the money to do it. Great company culture that works very well together. However, not much room for horizontal advancement. Departments are rigidly different and there is minimal communication. Would recommend for someone who's looking for a stable career and likes the airline industry.
Pros
Flight benefits, work culture, fair pay
Cons
No lateral advancement, departmental disconnect
Great Organization to serve
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 10, 2016
I served Delta Airlines with Linens, Blankets, and service of seat covers through my time at Aramark. I did not work for delta, I serviced their needs daily through Aramark.
Aircraft mechanic and electrician
Lead Aircraft & Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2016
I worked for Northwest Airlines for 20 years and was laid off during the merger. I very much enjoyed the culture and fellowship of this industry. The technology of fly by wire and industry standards provided a solid foundation for my present career.
Pros
Fast pace and Exciting Work
Cons
Always worked holidays and weekends
Fantastic company with a strong focus on the individual
Project Manager / Architect / Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work. Company has a clear and strong focus on the individual employee and career advancement. Management encourages innovation and creative thinking. Very completive approach to innovation and use of cutting edge technologies.
Pros
Employees valued with very good compensation and benefits
Cons
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Great place to work, family atmosphere
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
I've been at Delta Air Lines going on nine years and it has been a positive experience that has afforded me not only the opportunity for growth but to see the world as well.
Pros
Extensive travel
Cons
Fast paced environment, well rounded coworkers
OPS Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 5, 2016
As an OPS agent I deal with various issues consistent to the airline industry.

Training is required and encouraged as well as job specific.

Coworkers are close knit due to work environment.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Terrible Management
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2016
Management does not Care about you
Everyone is to their-selves
Management needs to do a better job on building relationship and appreciating the hardwork with employees instead of criticizing for the bad
great
Lead Gate & Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2016
I love this job. the people were so nice to work with! I liked to work the gates and meet so many new people. The piolts were nice and so were the down stairs crew
International Airline
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Delta and although high stress, there were many perks that made it all worth it. A typical day consisted of aircraft safety checks and crew meetings. Depending on the day, you could work anywhere from 1-4 flights a day.The average work day would be about 12 hours which could stretch much longer. The perks of having seen the world were a definite positive. The negatives unfortunately had to do with the lack of a union and job security in a transportation industry. There also were no requirements for management and many mid level positions were handed out with no credential for the job. Despite these issues I think it was a overall a wonderful experience
Pros
Flight benefits, company incentives
Cons
lack of union representation, unqualified management
Productive and great place to be
Flight Attendant/Purser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2016
Working at Delta is very an amazing experience.

You work hard to satisfy every customers needs.

Management is always there for you no matter what.

The hardest part is to always keep a smile even when things get tough, but it's only hard for few seconds and then its work mode!

Traveling is the best and the most enjoyable!
Pros
Flight Benefits are amazing
Cons
Not enough hours
Very productive, Competitive and Friendly company to work with.
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 27, 2016
A typical da working for Delta is fun. The people that work there are great and you come into contact with new people and faces every single day. I can say it its one thing in particular I learned at Delta that would be Patience. Management knows their job/role and the play it very well having all areas of the job covered . Co-workers are great people to be around. They are very reliable and dependable. The hardest part of the job would be during and IROP (Irregular Situation) like having a delayed flight and having to rebook over 120 passengers for flights or finding them hotels to stay at. Most enjoyable part of going to the job site would be going to work each day because every day is a new experience and no day is ever the same.
Pros
Flight Benifits, Raises
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place everybody is outgoing
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp creek gaJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy working for delta it's a great company. Growing up I always heard so many good things about delta and it's crazy because now I actually work for the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working outside in the heat for 8 hours is hard.
Productive and fun... Exploring the World
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2016
It's not a job, it's a lifestyle. Love working for Delta. Every day every flight is a different environment, different people. Love meeting people on every flight, serving passengers, while ensuring their safety. I love my co-workers every flight is someone different. It is nice to see many faces and not just work with the same people. The best part of this job is the flexibility and the great opportunity to explore the world. The hardest part of this job is staying in shape, with all the good food all over the world!
fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 26, 2016
checking in passengers tagged luggage's print out boarding pass

boarding the aircraft making boarding announcement

I learned the airlines

co-workers the best

trying to rebook flights

dealing with the passengers and who you meet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2