Delta Employee Reviews

Look for a job elsewhere
Aircraft Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
If you must work for Delta apply only to full time positions, ideally above-wing (dealing with passengers, etc). New jobs are now mostly for part-timers (no vacation, no health benefits, and very small per-hour salary, so while you have flying benefits, you will not make enough to afford going on vacation). And if you do decide to chance it and work below-wing (aka the ramp) keep in mind that if you get hurt, and you will if you work the ramp, you are toast. The chiropractor will become your new best friend (don't say you were not warned) and staying home means no pay whatsoever while you are out recovering.

So, stay in school or get a job elsewhere, with any of the 1000 vendors providing services to the airline industry (e.g. cabin services, drivers, fuelers, food-service, etc). The pay is not going to be any better but the risk of injury should be less.

The pay here is good for recent high school graduates living with parents and paying little or no rent, and who don't mind being told to do the job of two or more people for the same salary - calling their shifts a skeleton crew is an understatement, so if you work the ramp don't be surprised when they tell you and just one other guy (is about 99% men who work the ramp) that the two of you have to unload an entire plane by yourself.

Honestly, this is no place for a grown man to make ends meet with the salary they pay, unless of course you like working overtime which you can't get! Why? Because their part-timers (aka Ready Reserve) can't work past a certain amount of hours (Delta seeks to avoid paying overtime at all costs,
  more... safety and labor laws be darned), so you will need to bring extra income from elsewhere, meaning, get a second job.

Another reason many find working here to be exhausting (when you look at your take home pay after you factor in working expenses) is because as the facilities were improved for the passengers (say, Delta's new Terminal 4) those for the employees were stripped down.

Case in point: The old terminal 3 had an employee's cafeteria, where you could have lunch for as little as $3! And now? When the new Term. 4 was built the one thing that shines by its absence is that, an employee cafeteria, so now a lunch at one of the shops that sell to tourists is about $8, and that's including your employee discount!
So what about bringing lunch from home? You can give that a try, but I saw so many, so often, eating their meal right before they finished their shift, it's sad/frustrating and an outrage. If you work the late shift, you are even worst cause the shops close at 9pm (your second best friend, after the chiropractor will be the nearest vending machine).

Complain? But who you gonna complaint to when everyone else is putting up with this as if it was normal? Many even begin to go into aircrafts parked at the gates just to be able to get something in their stomachs. And they say slavery was abolished... Abraham Lincoln must be turning in his grave!

PS The one redeeming quality is the guys working next to you. Many become your de facto brothers, bailing you out when you get in trouble, sharing their meals with you, giving you a ride when the trains and buses are shut down, etc. To them i say "Kudos bro, kudos."

NOTE: My financial observations above applies only to new hires. If you've been with the company 5 or more years then you should be ok, as long as your spouse brings another salary to even things up, or you don't mind living paycheck to paycheck.
Pros
travel benefits if you can afford them, time and money-wise.
Cons
read the review.
International business travel is an education in and of itself.
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2013
As a supervisor, I arrived at 5:00 am and left at 2:00 pm. My individual responsibilities included producing a regional newsletter, occasional informational videos, and managing the Leadership Awards Program. Other duties typical of my work day might include conducting training, assisting with on-time departures of flights, monitoring or check-riding flight crews, coaching or re-directing unsatisfactory performance when needed, and maintaining data and files for performance reviews. I attended personnel meetings, professional development classes, and managers' meetings. When personnel came to me with questions or issues, I counseled them. I managed crisis, followed established procedures, solved problems, and led by example.

-The most fundamental skill that I learned was interpersonal dexterity.
-I learned to say, "we" instead of "I" (ex. "We" accomplished this!)
-I learned to separate the behavior from the person.
-I learned to find twice as many reasons to praise performance than to redirect it.
-I learned to listen more than talk.
-I learned the formula for dealing with conflict.
-I learned that the first step in being a good leader is being a good follower.
-I learned that I did not have to know all the answers, but that it helps to ask good questions.
-I learned that my way is only one of many ways.
-I learned that a smile can make a person's day.
-I learned that your team is your most valuable asset.
-I learned that a diverse team is a strong team.
-I learned that we always have a choice . . . happy or miserable, stay or go, friendly or caustic, it all boils down to what
  more... we each freely choose.

-Management styles varied somewhat but overall, the corporate philosophy supported the value of all employees. The industry survived multiple downturns and cutbacks were necessary but throughout my time with Delta the value of the individual employee was never diminished. Management always maintained good communication with employees and sustained a system-wide open-door policy.

-Co-workers were well trained in assigned tasks and required to attend annual professional recurrent instruction. Consequently, maintaining teamwork was easier. Due to the travel aspect of the job, strong bonds developed as co-worker dependency tended to increase.

-The hardest part of being a supervisor was finding myself being classified as one of "them" as in "them against us", by people I had previously worked side-by-side with. I had to decide that I could be just as or more effective after my promotion and get on with it.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was improving my professional skills while doing a valuable service for my company.
Pros
i loved increasing my skill set while doing a good job.
Cons
former co-workers viewed me differently after my promotion
A choice of attitude determines the experience
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2014
It shouldn't take anyone by surprise, that hatred or negativity spreads equally as fast, if not faster, than a positive outlook-Which is why I like to approach any job, or career, with optimism. I'm very straight forward, and like to see that jobs get done, and done well. Although I have been teased as being "excessive-compulsive", i also bring smiles and laughter to the work place. There is a time and place for everything, even at work; However, when it comes down to crunch time, I'm focused on organized closure, and I include my fellow employees in a team-like manner. I don't do work-place-clicks, facades, or half-effort work, and call me naive, but I have the predetermined prospect that my fellow employees will view their work ethic and character in the same light.
I respect authority, and believe in a structured, and systematic work place; However, I don't appreciate leaders who abuse their power, dictate to, or belittle their employees in any way. Such behavior is completely unprofessional, and will encourage animosity and disrespect, as well as, create barriers between and among staff members. This form of behavior, concerning any person within a staffing team, may be the hardest scenario to deal with, within any work place. Communication, patience, and a listening ear will ease the minds and spirits of any person, and once those principles are consistently practiced, it's as if you're not coming to work-you're coming to a positive and enlightening atmosphere, with co-workers, as well as, friends, and THAT is the most rewarding aspect to any job title.
Pros
management teams who hold themselves equally as responsible and professional, reasonable breaks, reasonable pay for the type, and amount of work done, reasonable rules and regulations, supported by reason
Cons
negative attitudes, withheld time/pay incorporated into schedule for mandated breaks, unsafe or otherwise poor parking locations, unethical expectations of the supplies provided for a given task
A fun place to work with caring people
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
Being a flight attendant is anything but typical. It is so much fun yet sometimes challenging. I would sign in for my trip and brief with my crew. This is when we would do introductions and go over key elements of the trip, such as duties, weather and any other points that were necessary. I usually did 3 day trips with different crews and by the end of the trip I usually had made some great friends.

I learned how to work well with different team members, how to do things in a timely manner, excellent customer service skills, as well as adapting to a volatile work schedule.

I had enthusiastic managers who truly cared about each one of us. At one point there were 20,000 flight attendants and we were treated as more than just a number.

The majority of my co-workers were nice, caring and easy to get along with. I always enjoyed going to work ready to see who I was paired up with and ready to have a good trip.

The hardest part of the job was in the beginning. Being fresh out of college I did not know what to expect so having a pager and getting called at 3am was all new to me. I became accustomed to the unique hours and it eventually became like second nature to me. This definitely prepared me for being able to handle any type of schedule.

There were many enjoyable parts of the job. I loved being able to see most of the country and various parts of the world I would never have been able to see otherwise. I enjoyed working with friends and being able to serve people and hear their stories of where they were going and the excitement they had.

I truly enjoyed all 11 years I had
  more... as a flight attendant, but was blessed to be able to become a stay at home mom with the arrival of our daughter in 2010 and again in 2012.  less
Pros
seeing the world and meeting new people
Cons
commuting from phoenix to atlanta
Hope you don't land in the HR department
HR (Former Employee) –  Corporate HR in AtlantaAugust 29, 2014
Any other area of the company would be good, but not under the HR umbrella. Anytime leaders have been in place for 35 years, but have never had to earn degrees or learn how to manage people you're going to have problems. There are power hungry females that will end your career with Delta in a heartbeat if you even speak up. They have been labeled "golden" because someone recommended them and they were awarded to "__ Club."The culture is to put people in a position just because they've "done their time" or are able to kiss butt, not because they have proven skills to perform within the position.

There is a severe lack of technology overall in the company and so employees consequently use what would be considered primitive with the outside world. They don't try anything new and have no idea what Quality work looks like, all they want is speed.

The head of the department is very nice, but has a wall around her so she's not seeing what's really going on. I think she needs to put something in place to identify issue where people aren't scared that they will be retaliated against for speaking up against Manager abuses of power. Exit interviews could be put in place for not only full time, but contract employees to identify problems in the department.After witnessing a co-worker reading fiction novels at her desk for hours on end, every day I was shocked.
Pros
nice cafeteria, gym, decent people outside of management
Cons
some employee have low educational skills and therefore can't deal intelligently with conflict, parts of the culture are more like a cult, poor technology and skills. they do not reward based on performance just favoratism.
Very Bias,Unfair and Hostile Environment
Cargo DG-Hazmat Agent (Current Employee) –  JFK-CargoJune 1, 2015
90% of the co-workers don't look forward to coming to work at that department.
Always under-staffed ,you are forced to worked through your lunch, one person said to me "seems like I have to steal my lunch time".

Management and Leadership is VERY POOR. They chooses Leaders based on friendship cliques,not on merit. If the subs have a problem you cannot be helped most times from the Leaders because they have no knowledge of the operation.

Forget about moral it is very low .Co-workers are very selfish and thrive on seeing each other fail.The Supervisors don't assist in promoting valuable employees ,instead they put blocks and set up resistances in your path so you cannot be promoted unless you lower your prestige especially as a female.

I learned that hard work at DELTA gets you hardly nowhere.
There is no hard or easy part of the job (as for me) I am well rounded and still cannot be recognised .It is also not career oriented

I enjoy when customers come in with misunderstandings and unique problems and I am able to clarify the situation ,break down the problems and have them leaving with a better understanding of what and how we get to such solutions and benefits.

This department is NON-UNION and HR is worthless . Employees shy away from making complaints to HR as it is always swept under the carpet and then you will be vilified and forced the exist in a very hostile environment which there will be retaliation from Supervisors and others.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No room for growth or Pension and Retirement
Great Job.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXMay 22, 2013
my typical day involved :
Direct and assist passengers in emergency procedures, such as evacuating a plane following an emergency landing.
Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to takeoffs and landings.
Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
Attend preflight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
Assist passengers entering or disembarking the aircraft.
Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order.
Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
Take inventory of headsets, alcoholic beverages, and money collected.
Operate audio and video systems.
Assist passengers
  more... in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage.
Collect money for meals and beverages.
Heat and serve prepared foods.
Sell alcoholic beverages to passengers.
Pros
great social atmosphere
Cons
no cons
A great company with a long standing profitable history and excellent benefit packages.
international sales agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2014
A typical work day began with a briefing concerning any procedural changes. The airline industry is an environment that is subject to constant change and you must remain flexible to respond to those quick changes. Your computer, your telephone and your headset are the three most important tools you utilize. Schedule flexibility was a definite plus, the ability to trade days or shifts allowed for better work-life balance. Management embraced the overall mission statement of the company, therefore there has never been a need for unionizing. When you interact with the general public, some customers can be difficult, but if you remember that this is not personal, keep a smile in your voice (because in a call center environment you don't have the luxury of eye contact), avoid using word ending in n't, (can't/don't). Always think in terms of what you CAN do for the customer, and offer other travel alternatives, dates or times. Delta Air Lines had the luxury of recruiting the best candidates, therefore I felt privileged to be a part of the Delta Family, and it was just that, A FAMILY. Of course, the travel to points all over the world was one of its greatest benefits.
Pros
free and discounted travel in the world, profit sharing, credit union, insurance benefits, varied savings plans
Over all needs better strategy planning and guidance
Gate/Ticketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2014
As a current agent at Delta Airlines, I have definitely learned how to better communicate with others -- especially those from different cultural backgrounds. Through my own cultural lense, I have learned to expand my sensitivity to those I am helping. Being a customer service agent at an airport has given me the ability to expand my patience, gain opposing perceptions, and have better understandings of what is being asked of not only myself, but my company as a whole.

There isn't a typical day at work in the airline industry. Days vary depending on weather, mechanical issues, and a variety of different people who collide in a stressed environment.

The management in the Houston branch is scattered and there isn't much support for frontline employees, such as myself. It, in turn, makes our job very difficult and stressful. Management talks about change, but doesn't follow through.

The hardest part of my job is that we don't have good management. At the end of the day, any and every job can be stressful in its own right, but not having the necessary tools and resources to complete our tasks makes everything more intensified.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building good, trusting relationships with my fellow co-workers and helping customers get where they need to go without negative experience.
Pros
flying for free
Cons
sometimes we don't get breaks, highly stressful job, not enough workers for operational needs, favoritism, not paid enough.
Benefits are fantastic, don't expect a good work/life balance
Customer Service Interpreter (Japanese) (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 26, 2013
So far, my experice in the air line industry has been a rather fufilling one. As with any job, there are days where it can be hectic, and days where there is almost nothing going on.

Typically I would be working either at the ticket counter, the gates, or international arrivals. Since my job is a customer service job, we deal with passengers from all over the world on a daily basis. This provides excellent opportunities to learn many different cultures.

Once you are considered a "benefited" employee, you get some of the best benefits I've ever seen. Free standby tickets to anywhere in the US and standby tickets to anywhere Delta flys but you only have to pay the country's taxes, 401k, dental, vision, medical, life insurance, you name it.

The hardest part of this job is that since it's such a high stress jobs, you will be asked to work overtime....a lot. Thankfully, you don't have to accept it. But if you're like me and live about 20+ miles away from the airport, expect long days. Don't even get me started if there are weather or mechanical delays. There have been instances where I spent the night in the airport.

All in all, despite the hard days, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else
Pros
excellent benefits, lots of overtime, get to meet people from all over the world
Cons
upward mobility is difficult, little to no work/life balance
Work friendly enviroment
International Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 5, 2013
A typical work day was to report at least 10 minutes before my shift and prepare the office for opening. If working in the call center the same condition would apply so that I would be ready to handle my first incoming customer call. Working at Delta I gained alot knowledge as far as travel and customer service which was key. Management was very hands on and was very helpful in the event a situation arose especially personal. I am a team player and my co-workers were also like my family because of my years at Delta we became so close with weddings, births, deaths and even divorce. There wasn't really a hard part to my job, sometimes customers would be irate but still providing good customer service and resolving the problem was rewarding. Who knows they could have been having a bad day and would even admit it at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to travel and take my parents to different parts of the world where they would not have been able to see if it had not been for Delta Air Lines also meeting and making life long friends that I will forever have. We also had the flexibility of swapping with co-workers to extend our days off, which was very nice.
Pros
free air line travel for life
Great job with not enough hours/advancement potential
Baggage Handler(Ready Reserve) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2013
My job wasn't brain surgery. If you didn't mind being a worker(like me), it was what to love. Marshall aircraft in/out of gate, unload/load bags, run bags between flights, only having to put up with the different weather situations. Like I said, not brain surgery. One of Only two major complaints were the ready reserve situation does not give you the ability to move up to full time as they tell you it might. At Least not without a self paid relocation that you can apply to if avail. Only 20 hrs a week with a max of 1300 hrs a year wasn't enough. Other complaint was management in my city was lacking. micromanagers abound and favoritism runs rampant but that was just my city. Cannot speak for others. Even with those cons, I loved it enough, I wish I could return. Air lines jobs get in your blood. My situation then didn't allow a relocation or second job, now it does. Too bad my city and as it seems, no city will ever again be hiring for full time handler jobs. It's a great place, if you can find your way in the door.
Pros
flight benefits, if you didn't mind physical work, it was an awesome job
Cons
limited hours, no health benefits unless full time, no full time avail. ever without relocation
Fun to travel and be in a different place each month.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2014
Pre flight meetings to discuss any flight information before boarding the aircraft followed by preflight safety check on all safety equipment on the aircraft. Assist passengers boarding the flight with seat assignments and luggage, provide a beverage/meal service during the flight while always keeping safety in your thoughts. Assist passengers with deplaning.

As a flight attendant you are trained on how important your role is as a flight attendant in assisting the passengers or other crew members in the event of an emergency from highjacking, medical emergencies, to plane crashes.

Management sometimes was difficult to get a hold of or find.

My co-workers were new with every trip I took but always seemed to love what they do and took pride in representing the company.

The most difficult part of the job was finding a safe way to assist passengers with their luggage without injuring myself. The airline suggested we not assist the passengers in this way but you always wanted to make their experience a great one.

The most enjoyable part of flying is all the great places you get to see. Not only to you get travel for work but you get to meet new people every day and deal with a large group of different cultures.
Pros
flight benefits, safety training, self defense training
Cons
long days, hard on the body, poor pay
Exciting, International travel, learning new cultures, experiencing new Countries, multi - tasking, passenger enjoyment, safety.
Domestic and International Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
I became a Flight Attendant after graduating from College. My vast travels as a child helped me with this decision. My family insisted each year that we experience a variety of destinations for our family vacations. My mother a Flight Attendant of past years, looked at this as an education all in its own.
I enjoyed the idea of traveling to destinations new to me. I have a genuine knack to communicate with people from all walks of life, and enjoy getting to know their ideas and thoughts on many subjects. I enjoyed the many cultures I came into contact with and also enjoyed learning about different life styles.
I enjoy helping people, and was ready and prepared to help and assist passengers regardless of their age or background if an emergency were to arise. I am level headed and can think and perform well under pressure. I was not afraid of this scenario. The overall experience is one I shall never forget.
Pros
traveling the world, meeting new people, cultural awareness, discussions with people, taking care of others, responsible for safety, an education
Cons
irate passengers, delays, unknown destinations, upset children flying alone, scared passengers
A steady day of unloading baggage in the company of great people
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2012
For four years, I was a Ramp Agent at Delta Airlines and my job was to load the passenger's luggage onto and from the aircraft. A group of three workers, including myself, were responsible for approximately 200 bags per flight, each with varying weights, of course. So, lifting the heaviest bags along with a completely full flight required the most strength and team work, difficult in some cases. Working in inclement weather was never pleasing either, but I did enjoy my time at Delta. My supervisors were very fair and hard working. I became close to my colleagues, in fact, I am still well acquainted with them. We all enjoyed the perk of flying across the world at no cost above all, and during slower air traffic days, we had fun playing ping pong and card games in between flights. I took a liking to learning about the different types of machinery that we used to assist us in our tasks. Overall, this was a great company to work for and I am glad I was a dedicated employee at the world's busiest airport!
Great opportunity to experience diversity in the workplace
Frontline Manager - Air Traffic Control Tower (Former Employee) –  Atlanta Georgia; Orlando FloridaFebruary 24, 2014
Extremely busy, every day was different, based on the weather. Spent the day ensuring flights departed on time, and passengers needs were met.
Learned everything there is to know about the airline industry, but specifically, how to lead people of various cultures.
Outstanding management team in every department I ever worked.
Developed lasting relationships with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was that each day was unpredictable resulting in working 1-3 hours passed scheduled shift on a regular basis. No time for family due to the busiest times are during holidays and when children are out of school. Very little work/life balance.
The most enjoyable was learning to understand people, diversity, inclusion, and Delta has a culture that is like a family. Wherever you travel, you are always a part of the Delta family. I learned more about leading and developing people while working at Delta than any other company I have worked for.
Pros
flight benefits, able to fly free anywhere in the world.
Cons
work/life balance.
Forward thinking, always changing and never dull
Senior Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  DFW but travel is 80-90%May 7, 2014
A typical day is collaborating with teams in ATL and other teams on the system to design leadership strategy training for upcoming conferences or learning gaps in the field. I enjoy the creative element of being able to assist with design, work with the field teams and then being able to delivery the material to leadership.

Because there is distance/virtual teams in our environment; sometimes things can get "lost in translation" with my co-workers. This can sometimes be the most difficult because it can "bog down" a project deadline. However, if we have conflict or any issues, we talk it out and come to some sort of consensus. Management usually doesn't get involved. They're usually in meetings and don't have time and that's fine. They're mostly there to push through barriers for us if we need them.

I enjoy seeing the creative element of design come full circle and help new leaders, as well as tenured leaders, build their skills.
Pros
free flight benefits and i've traveled the world as a result
Cons
lack of, or slow, communication when in a virtual or mobile team
Delta
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 24, 2012
A typical day at Delta is usually busy and full of the unexpected, with flight delays and passengers missing their flights. I have learned to stay positive when dealing with any type of passenger and no matter how angry the passenger might be, it is important to always stay respectful. My co-works are friendly just as all of Delta employees are, they come from all types of backgrounds and from all over the world. The hardest part of this job was my first month working. I was just learning the new codes and procedures but the passengers did not know that nor did they care. they wanted everything fast and at their finger tips. Over time I became extremely successful at my job and passengers would almost always walk away with a smile. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of passengers that comes in and out of the airport, and being able to impact their day in a positive way and hear some of their stories about where they are going and where they have been, and how much they love flying Delta Airlines.
Pros
annual stipends and monthly rewards
Cons
lack of health benefits for part time employees
Delta Aircraft Mechanic - A&P Licensed (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
I worked in base mx and C-ck line at Delta which our job was to perform mx on line aircraft that could not be done at the line, such as landing gear and engine replacement, fuel tank mods, interior replacement mods, and ground mx accident repairs. In the C-check line we performed the 5 day inspection checks. My training was mostly landing gear and flight controls, but I helped on engine replacement and fuel tank mods. I was trained in class on the 757,767,777, and MD88. My co-workers were great and worked hard as I did to meet the schedule. The hardest part of the job was helping to change an engine on the MD-11 #2 which was in the vertical fin and greasing the rudder using a bucket lift. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work for Delta and experience the airline world. After bankruptcy, the Airline has made huge strives to come back and make a great airline again. Paid more than half of their debt off and instituted profit sharing in place of their frozen pension system.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Bankruptcy and RIF which hit me the third go around in 2006
Decent place to work, flight benefits, typical large-company bureaucracy
Ground Support Equipment Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
I worked at Delta in GSE as a co-op for three semesters. I was given tons of freedom in the office, and, as such was free to do as much or little work as I liked. Often I wished however that the co-op program in the specific department was more organized as I would have to really hound the engineers for work. If you're not incredibly self-motivated, you can come out of this job with little to show for it.

I was the only student in the office. It was a little...different, compared to being with a group of peers my age, which was more common across the street in Tech-Ops.

I felt that the co-op position was unnecessary in this department and was being used as a cost-saving measure. What was really needed was a technical document writer, but then they'd require a benefits package. A co-op only requires the all-important flight benefits, which, honestly, are frustrating to use with the increasing efficiency of Delta's flights.
Pros
Free flights, fun work environment, airport ramp access
Cons
poor co-op program, little responsibility, no windows

4.2