Delta Employee Reviews

Fast Paced & Exciting Company
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 17, 2017
Fast paced high stress job. New challenges everyday maintaining great customer service to traveling passengers. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with new people everyday
Great benefits, terrible management
Flight Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 17, 2017
Delta provides excellent benefits, but the DTW management is terrible. They don't communicate well, and everything is based on the bottom line or what they can do to advance themselves without regard for the employees.
Grate work place
Ramp Agent / Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2017
Delta is a grate place to work but its very difficult to advance into a new position or career within the company if you do not have any sort of connections / friend or relative working with the department. Secondly as a ready reserve agent it takes years to be considered for full time and its difficult to provide for your family as a ready reserve agent because you are only required to work a fix amount of hours through out the year and cant pick up any overtime.
productive
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2017
For me it was a great experience work for Delta. But my manager at the Boston location wasn't good or fair with the employed. My experience working at the cargo wasn't pleasant for me at all.
some days were better then others
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2017
depending on your personal needs determines who i would recommend this job to. Some days were better then others and i enjoyed working with great people.
Pros
Fly for free
Cons
not flexible
a lot of good training both in customer service and safety
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 13, 2017
I retired after 30 years. I loved my job and wish I could go back part time. It was easy to transfer to different locations and I enjoyed working with so many different types of people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
longer layovers
good people
Ramp Operator/Tow Team/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2017
I loved working for delta (SFO) , and would do it again if it come up. plan too if i go back to the bay area my kids are there with there mother.Go Delta Rampers.
Cool place to work
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
We worked hard most days, but found a way to have fun on other days. Its a very big network that needs an upgrade but that just means lots of positions that need to be filled. Good and hard workers will enjoy working in this environment. Must say there are some very stressful days as well.
Pros
Large international company
Cons
New CIO so lots of change (good and bad)
got to fly free
Specialty Sales and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2017
A typical day would be to sit and wait for phone calls to come in and then answer them and help the client on the other end of the phone with whatever the wanted from finding flights to checking arrive times and departures to helping with other needs
Pros
Fly free
Cons
September 11
Productive and challenging environment to work within the aviation industry.
Compliance Systems Records (CSR) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2017
Researched maintenance records for the company and other regulatory agencies.
Produced monthly metric reports tracking production.
Trained the new employees hired into the department.
Developed training materials for employees.
The hardest part of the job was to convince management to hire more qualified personnel and not their friends.
The most innovative company with a fervent leadership team.
A good workplace culture to enhance your knowledge.
Pros
Participate in American Red Cross Blood Drives, Habitat for Humanity Projects and Relay for Life Fund Raising efforts.
Cons
Constant turn over of leadership and reorganization of departments.
Physical fast passed with flight benefits.
Air, Cargo Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 11, 2017
Decent environment to work, winters werent the best because of working outside in the cold and snow. People were great to work with and everyone got along pretty well.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Pay
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2017
Workalike and home life is very hard to manage especially with your schedule. some days your sitting at the airport waiting to be called the next min your walking to the airplane to go to africa. I happens fast so if you don't like faced paced work look somewhere else
Pros
free travel
Cons
no home time
Fun job, but hard work
Ramp Agent, DGS (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORNovember 10, 2017
Good company, even better people. Manager was a great person and was easy to talk to. It is very hard work, especially in the summer when things heat up.
Start Your Career with a great company
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
Start you career with Delta Air Lines, Where do you want to go? What do you want to to? A career at Delta is endless. It's only limited by You. Delta is the Leader in Safety, Training, and Bennifits. Whats holding you back?
great place to work
Sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2017
After 16 weeks of training the at home reservationist position was desolved. I could not continue driving 1 1/2 hrs from Orlando to Tampa Florida work in another dept I was not trained forl
Fast Pace work enviorment
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYNovember 9, 2017
Bags need to be taken off incoming and outgoing flights in a timely manner. Not a lot of down time during most seasonal holidays. Bid for shifts every six months.
Great place to worw
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
Good place to work Good opportunities to advance
Management was great. Good benefits

Every day was enjoyable work place was clean & comfort

Provided the necessary tools to work with
Was the best airline in the world
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
Was the best airline in the world when they took care of their people. I was an international captain and loved it. I Flew the Boeing 777 my last four years and it was and is the most wonderful airplane in the world. Started flying the Boeing 767ER international Then the Lockheed L-1011 and then unfortunately the MD-11 which was my least favorite airplane of my career. Ended up flying the Boeing B-777 which was and is the most wonderful airplane in history.
Fun and energetic Co-workers
Ground Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jf Kennedy Ap, NYNovember 8, 2017
Lots of room to grow with the company, Lots of young individuals but are very mature and make the job fun. Great travel opportunities oneself and ones family.
Pros
travel and growth
Cons
management could be better and some young minded individuals
Great workplace fun environment with extra incentives per company.. Company that cared for its employees.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2017
Early morning meeting before shift started morning breakfast since we were in so early(3:00 am). Great customer services skills with the public.The management cared and was very helpful in your day. They bought you breakfast,lunch and dinner several time a month. Having to remove someone from the aircraft list.
Pros
Excellent mamagers
Cons
Working cancel flights.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2