Delta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,336 reviews matching the search
Team player, Adaptive and open
Customer Service Agent/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and a learning process too. I am always on the lookout for any suggestions for management to implement to provide better services to the customer so that they keep on coming back.
I enjoy being around my coworkers because we all share the same goal. The hardest part of the job is to see a passenger who missed their flight for whatever reason and not being able to get him/her to destination on time. I enjoy seeing that smile on my customers' face and that tells me that I am doing my job right.
Great team members and Management
Customer Service and Ticketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX and Beverly Hills, CAMay 23, 2016
We worked as a very tight nit team. Both representatives of Delta and Management.

Typical day was high paced. I learned a lot about people and their personalities and how to adjust to each individual.

Management was great and supportive.

My co-workers were awesome and we worked well as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone was traveling under stressful circumstances and we were able to accommodate them and get them to their destination successfully.
Pros
Flight and health care benefits
Cons
Really none.
nice work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2016
take care of passengers as they arrive for flights. tagged and handled baggage. make sure all flight info was correct and if there was any problems take care of it for the passengers.
Pros
flight benfits
Cons
the shifts were too early or you stayed to late
v good experioce
Satellite Techncian (Current Employee) –  QassimMay 22, 2016
Good Experience in all sectors... Specially when i was go outside for coverage... and delta is salary wise in time they gives us the salary and Deputation Allowance 1 day against 3 days but depend on destination..
Cons
Not enough tools to do my job.
Ramp Svc Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 20, 2016
We never had enough working equipment to do our jobs as efficiently
as the company wanted. It made the day too day operation frustrating.
Pros
Free domestic flights, profit sharing
Delta Sales Support Training and Communication
Training/ Communication Coordinator ATL (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMay 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working as a trainer within Delta Sales Support. I love helping others and teaching.
Delta overall is a great company, however, the department I worked in had a very hostile work environment.
Everything changed when a person became the manager over training.
I was with Delta for 17 1/2 years and did not want to leave but was basically pushed out due to my manager and no support from upper management. I miss Delta and the old Delta culture when they really cared about their employees.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Hostile Work environment towards the end, no open door policy, no assistance from upper management, no way to get out of the department
Fast paced, dynamic workplace.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 18, 2016
Delta Air Lines was a thrilling company to work for. Each day I felt that my contributions would reach the front lines, making a meaningful impact, whether it was changes made in customer facing systems or employee facing systems.
Pros
Air Travel
Good job. Money was good
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMay 18, 2016
This was a good job at the time. Money was good and my co-workers were supportive and just flat out great people. Full time 9-5 job. Long lunch break and was able to even workout in their gym after work.
Pros
great people, great lunch
Cons
i was hired as a temp
Review of a fantastic career at Delta Airlines
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
There is really no typical day. Every situation was different. I really enjoyed the variety of situations that required me to use good judgement, courtesy, and professionalism. I have many wonderful memories of co-workers from all over the world. It gave me a great perspective into how everyone has the same goals. They are, to represent their employer in the most professional manner and to provide safe and enjoyable transportation to the traveling public. The hardest part of my job was being alert and effective on the "back side of the clock". I.E. "Jetlag". The most enjoyable part of my job was during the deplaning process where we would get heartfelt thanks from our passengers, grateful be at their destination safely.
Pros
Outstanding layovers
Cons
Weariness from being up all night.
Productive place to work
Ramp and Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
Great job to have and easy way to move up as long as you meet all required job duties.If you do not mind working in any weather conditions this could be the job for you.
good
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 15, 2016
The ppl were great and the management was awesome. If i could go back I would only if the pay was better. The benefits was great and being that you work for an airline you get to fly free.
Compensation and Benefits
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2016
Coworkers were cool. the hardest part of the job is working in the day but there are a lot of breaks during the day. management is shaky. having coworkerrs that care for ou is pretty cool. some of the policies need to be changed in management.
Always on your toes and changing with policies
Operations Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 13, 2016
A typical day at Delta Air Lines at LaGuardia is rare and when you do you do your regular inspection of the terminal and my teams performance. Always making sure that they are up to date with their knowledge and following Delta's guidelines. The hardest part of my job is telling my passengers that their flight has cancelled for what ever the reason maybe. Another hard part of my job is writing up a good agent say for attendance, job performance or even terminating an employee.

The most enjoyable part was getting to build friendship that I truly treasure. Another part is getting to interact with different cultures, and of course getting to jet set around the world.
Pros
flight benefits, friends and expanding myself.
Excellent job to meet and help people from all over the world.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 13, 2016
My typical day at Delta was to work in a safe, courteous and fast paced environment. Worked as a team to secure all flight departures on time.
The hardest part of the job was when a flight was delay or cancelled due to mechanical or weather, and I needed to stay to accommodate the customers and sometimes there were not many options available.
What I enjoyed the most was when I was assigned to work an overbook flight and was able to assigned a sit to every customer, and managed to close the flight on time.
Pros
Flight benefits, helthcare.
Cons
Part time job, sometimes had to stay long hours.
I loved working for Delta! I wish I wish I still had the job!
MAINTAINENCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2016
I loved working for Delta! I wish I wish I still had the job there. I had my own truck, and it was fun going out on the concourse at night.
Reservation Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 9, 2016
The managers are more then willing to help you when you need it. great place to work as a team and provide customer service.
Manual Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
Very good place to work because of team members and the staff are really helpful.The infrastructure and the ambiance is very good.I like the company standards.
Pros
Nice gym
Cons
Short breaks
Teaching, fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
Teaching Business law, Accounting, QuickBooks, Business Analyst
Teaching business courses to undergraduate and graduate students regarding management, finance and human resource management & business analysis
good organization
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2016
great place to work however really have to maintain accuracy and accountability. Have supportive relationships with all employees to sustain cohesion and production throughout the warehouse
Stressful and exciting job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2016
There was no shortage of stress working for Delta Airlines. I worked the late shift which meant coming in and working our last few remaining flights for the night, conducting security searches on the aircraft and gate areas before closing them down for the night, as well as all required paperwork and ensuring that the baggage service area was free of any issues. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress. The most enjoyable part was being able to utilize the great flying benefits.
Pros
Free flights for myself and my family
Cons
Difficulty in trying to get additional time off from work

4.2