Delta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,356 reviews matching the search
Once great but culture and morale slipping
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Greatest revenues and profits on record followed by management reductions and layoffs. The culture, also known as "Rules of the Road", only apply to front line agents, pilots and flight attendants. As a result, work/life balance is non-existent (unless you call working 70 hours/week followed by layoff "balanced") especially considering all the layoffs are taxing current staff to the point of exhaustion. It used to be a great company with a culture you could believe in and rely on; however this sadly is being wiped away.
Pros
Co-workers and travel benefits
Cons
Layoffs, work life balance
good pay and benefits, but no job security
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 29, 2016
Started as a contractor in the IT dept, was hired 1 year later, 4 years later, most everyone that was hired at the time that were over 40, were laid off (4 that I know of, 2 in the same team, 2 in other teams). Looking back, I was hired to replace others that were let go. Delta has a history of flipping people every 4 or 5 years...My advice is if you want to work for Delta, go in as a contractor and negotiate a good rate to cover the insurance and vacation, as long as you do your job and don't cause an outage (don't break anything), you will survive while the perm employees come and go.....There is alot of publicity inside the company regarding how the company values it's employees, don't believe it. If you do accept a perm position, accept it knowing that it will not last more than a few years. The severance pay was mediocre (2 weeks for every year worked), 1 year flight benefits for every year worked.....
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Job Security
a safe and fun place to work
Customer Service Agent/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2016
Fun place to work. Great management leadership, great benefits, room for advancement. the pay was good and teamwork was provided. I love providing customer service and meeting new people over the phone. I love to make people smile and hang out with my coworkers. Delta was an excellent place to work.
Flight Attendants for Delta were well trained and professional.
Delta Flight attendant, DFW base (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Delta was a fantastic company to work for. The In- Flight work was hard and had long hours but then one had a lot of time off. We
were non- union so you could go straight to the top with suggest-
ions, complaints and so forth. The travel benefits were the greatest
'perc!"
I learned to serve with a smile, knowing pre-flight we performed CPR
on a dead person for 30 minutes. I gained the attention of very large groups and directed them in safety instruction. I used my personality
and smile to win over new customers to Delta.
The hardest part of the job was in the earlier years when a beverage
service, then dinner service, second beverage service, picking up all trays and doing second coffees for 100- 200 passengers sometimes in under an hour flight!
The most enjoyable part of the job were long layovers in cities such
as Honolulu, Seattle and New York City.
Pros
Free travel benefits
Cons
Having to work Holidays..
management
ticket agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 5, 2016
terrible management and no room to grow. if you are not in the click you are not going to last long. There are only full time workers that get most of the benefits and other workers get the bad hours. No job security at this place. Lots of gossiping.
great culture and people
Compliance Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
The work/life balance is amazing and you are really appreciated. However, your direct management plays a VERY big role in your advancement. Some leads and supervisors are not always forthcoming with information and that tends to leave employees in the dark.
Pros
Free lunches, travel benefits, diverse company
Cons
certain departments are not as relaxed as others
Work Life
Refunds Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2016
This company has a great balance for work and personal life. The company has great benefits but there are work politics that can prevent growth from within the company. Some are laid off due to organization realignment. While others are forced into retirement. Needless to say, overall Delta Airlines is a great company to work for with great benefits.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Healthcare
HR Manager
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
Great place to work, would recommend. A great CEO and culture. Organization is effective and work/life balance is what you make it.
Long hard work, small breaks.
Airport Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2016
Long hard days dealing with bags and airplanes. I've learned you have to pace yourself or you will get burnt out quickly. Management could be a real obstacle at times. The hardest part of the job is management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and the flight benefits.
Pros
Good pay & flight benefits
Cons
Slave work
Seeing the world and meeting great people.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2016
I loved working for Delta! I left college early because I was restless for travel and wanted to see the world and that's what I accomplished. A great company with excellent benefits and compensation.
Pros
Travel benefits and a good work life balance, good pay and health benefits.
Cons
Not creatively challenged by this job.
Organizational Management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
Delta has a lot of internal conflict between former Northwest and Delta employees. Coupled by their management processes are dysfunctional making it hard to meet objectives. They also pay/treat employees of color differently than others.
Pros
Core Values
Cons
Culture and Organizational Management
Outstanding
Tech Ops Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2015
Great company, wish I was still there.. Opportunities exist but aggressive networking and relationship building required. Great people and the management is objective and fair.
Pros
Culture and progressive approach, very well ran
Cons
Post Gulf War, job security is an issue, maybe better now
Great fast paced yet relaxed environment
CSA RAMP AGENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
Great fast paced yet relaxed environment. Long breaks and a great system for trading shifts that allows employees to enjoy a great work and home life balance. Great flight benefits.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Ready reserve employee program is only for cheap labor
Enjoyed working for the company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
Overall UI enjoyed my job at Delta. Was not a big fan of some in management I feel this was because a lot of us began losing our jobs in accounting due to out sourcing. Started bring in other s from the out side and at that point in my life with Delta felt caught at the age of 45 not sure where my future would end up.
Delta is a good company to work for whit many areas to advance in. I enjoyed my work area focusing on my job. Delta taught me a lot about computers and sent me to many classes. When I first started at Delta in Interline Accounts we did not have computers!
Pros
Many areas to advance
Cons
Severance packages and out sourcing to other COUNTRIES, Many Americans were without employment! Bring American Jobs Back to the USA
Not the most perfect place to work.
BTW Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN and Detroit MIMarch 5, 2016
A day at Delta was a rollercoaster ride with changing work rules everyday.Delta didn't like the employees that worked for Northwest airlines. They treated us like we were their enemy. although they gave us a bonus. The new people that they hired weren't accountable for anything they did. They were allowed to sit there and watch everyone else work. And the department managers, told us we couldn't say anything to them.
Pros
Good flight benefits.
Cons
Constant work rules changing
Great coworkers and flight benefits
Specialist, Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2015
Great Coworkers, good live work balance,approachable management and awesome flight benefits! People really care about you. It can be seen as top heavy.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
Hard promotionability
Fun in the friendly skies
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  New York City and Los AngelesSeptember 25, 2015
Worked for 8 years for this company, and loved it. I flew mostly international, and was surrounded by hardworking and fun people. Delta had great on-board amenities, and particularly made an effort to care for their First and Business class passengers, as well as frequent flyers.

The variety of destinations made for a wonderful experience.

Management had an open-door policy and there was a lot of transparency.

Profit-sharing happened when the years were good, and I felt the company went out of its way to be generous to employees.

Great pass benefits for employees as well as their families and friends.

The AFA union tried desperately to recruit Delta flight attendants, but Delta flight attendants were having none of it. Too much to lose in voting in a union, and almost nothing gained.
Pros
Great work environment, generous company salary and benefits
Cons
Sometimes layovers were too short, causing inadequate rest
an interesting and challenging job great people to work with
Senior Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA OCCSeptember 14, 2015
I did several jobs with Delta and loved everyone of them but the one I loved the most was the last one (Load Planner). I enjoyed the job itself it offered just enough challenges to keep it from being monotonous. I liked working with the other departments and felt a sense of accomplishments when problems were solved and a flight was able to depart and land safely with the great team work Delta inspires and encourages. I miss the co-workers and management we had a good camaraderie and trusted each other to pass our knowledge onto each other and help when it was needed. I do miss working for Delta but the early retirement package was offered at a time I needed to spend with my family.
Pros
The coworkers, pay, and benefits
Cons
changing work schedule
Fly free
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
As already stated. My fellow flight crew members (including the pilots) are all incredible, hard working, talented individuals. It takes a special kind of person to have this career for any length of time. And I mean that with only the most positive spin.
I started my career at Northwest Airlines and then we were merged into the Delta "family." In my opinion we were much better off at Northwest. That is when things were well defined and everyone was judged on their work and abilities and not on favoritism.
And as stated above; flight crews are an incredible group of people. Delta sometimes forgets that.
Pros
Free travel to anywhere in the world.
Cons
Always away from family and friends.
Very Professional workplace
Senior Analyst - Systems Operations (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAOctober 12, 2015
Good work environment. Decent benefits. The Delta/Northwest merge was a big change in the Delta culture. To much Senior Management was form Northwest and not from Delta. This caused some unrest with Delta people. Overall, things were worked out and business moved on.

4.2