Delta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,399 reviews matching the search
Employees supported each other.
Supervisor Airport Passenger Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2016
I spent 34+ years of my life working for one of the greatest companies in the industry. We took care of them and they, us! We were trained well, we reviewed knowledge and policy throughout each year. We helped others grow. We made extra efforts to take good care of our customers! When I went to work for the government, I suddenly realized how spoiled that I was by the great company that I Delta!!
Pros
Many benefits, learned to have fun, we became walking encyclopedias!
Cons
Very few, if any!
Productive and fun... Exploring the World
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2016
It's not a job, it's a lifestyle. Love working for Delta. Every day every flight is a different environment, different people. Love meeting people on every flight, serving passengers, while ensuring their safety. I love my co-workers every flight is someone different. It is nice to see many faces and not just work with the same people. The best part of this job is the flexibility and the great opportunity to explore the world. The hardest part of this job is staying in shape, with all the good food all over the world!
Great coworkers/mgmt/benefits
Customer Service Agent - Airport (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
A great company to work for if you want to travel and have the money to do it. Great company culture that works very well together. However, not much room for horizontal advancement. Departments are rigidly different and there is minimal communication. Would recommend for someone who's looking for a stable career and likes the airline industry.
Pros
Flight benefits, work culture, fair pay
Cons
No lateral advancement, departmental disconnect
Productive, Fun Work Place
Customer Service/Check-In/Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
Very Productive, customers keep you on your toes, You learn to develop compassion for others, patience and mildness. My co-workers and I get along quite well. I try to make my job less stressful for myself and my co-workers. all thought some time its gets very busy at time I love my job, that's the time I enjoy the most. I am not a fan of when its slows down, and there is not too much to do, so I help my other co-workers with their assignments, or I find something to do.
Pros
health insurance, flight plans
Cons
short breaks
Faced paced work environment
Ticketing and Reservation Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2016
Delta airlines gave me a challenge that I was looking for. My typical started at 5am where we were busy with reservations and managing delayed/cancelled flights, snow storms and rebooking of customers flights,

The management teams were extremely professional and full of knowledge to help ease the stress that can come with a job such as this.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job were the flood of calls when there was a weather delay/no flight crew delay/ Misspelled names on an online reservation
Pros
Great hours and fun work environment
Cons
High stress levels during different times of the year
Family
information technology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Delta is and always will be a part of my Family.
I always learned you keep your management team updated on your work/life balance.
Not only did I work along side co-workers, we were a team.
The hardest part of my day, was the day my career ended with an involuntary layoff as well as other co-workers received the same involuntary layoff.
With that said, the most enjoyable part was always knowing I was apart of Delta Airlines. Past, present and future.
Pros
World Wide
Cons
favoritism
Fun workplace sometimes
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montego bay JamaicaJuly 10, 2016
Assisting customer with booking reservation,changing flights,update accounts,rebooking on different flight. I learned alot about the airline industry and the rules and regulations along with the procedures at the airport.The management staff is very supportive,co-workers and very supportive and helpful. the hardest part is not being able to resolve the customer problem. Helping the customer with whatever they need.
Pros
Cons
2- 15 min break and 1 30 min lunch, health insurance available
Enjoyed working with the public and new challenges each day.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
It was a fun place to work. You meet the public each day with a smile and willing to go the extra mile for the customer.
I learned each person you come in contact with is a unique and special person in their on way.
The management team was always willing to help you find a solution to any problem you come in contact with.
I worked with a lot of different people with different personalities and work ethics. It was always fun and a learning experience.
The hardest part of my job was to find routes out of Atlanta that appealed to the customers.
I enjoyed everything I did with my job because I always walked away
with a new learning tool that I could use in the future.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
Fantastic company with a strong focus on the individual
Project Manager / Architect / Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work. Company has a clear and strong focus on the individual employee and career advancement. Management encourages innovation and creative thinking. Very completive approach to innovation and use of cutting edge technologies.
Pros
Employees valued with very good compensation and benefits
Cons
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA
International Airline
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Delta and although high stress, there were many perks that made it all worth it. A typical day consisted of aircraft safety checks and crew meetings. Depending on the day, you could work anywhere from 1-4 flights a day.The average work day would be about 12 hours which could stretch much longer. The perks of having seen the world were a definite positive. The negatives unfortunately had to do with the lack of a union and job security in a transportation industry. There also were no requirements for management and many mid level positions were handed out with no credential for the job. Despite these issues I think it was a overall a wonderful experience
Pros
Flight benefits, company incentives
Cons
lack of union representation, unqualified management
Productive and great place to be
Flight Attendant/Purser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2016
Working at Delta is very an amazing experience.

You work hard to satisfy every customers needs.

Management is always there for you no matter what.

The hardest part is to always keep a smile even when things get tough, but it's only hard for few seconds and then its work mode!

Traveling is the best and the most enjoyable!
Pros
Flight Benefits are amazing
Cons
Not enough hours
Very productive, Competitive and Friendly company to work with.
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 27, 2016
A typical da working for Delta is fun. The people that work there are great and you come into contact with new people and faces every single day. I can say it its one thing in particular I learned at Delta that would be Patience. Management knows their job/role and the play it very well having all areas of the job covered . Co-workers are great people to be around. They are very reliable and dependable. The hardest part of the job would be during and IROP (Irregular Situation) like having a delayed flight and having to rebook over 120 passengers for flights or finding them hotels to stay at. Most enjoyable part of going to the job site would be going to work each day because every day is a new experience and no day is ever the same.
Pros
Flight Benifits, Raises
Cons
Short breaks
Team player, Adaptive and open
Customer Service Agent/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and a learning process too. I am always on the lookout for any suggestions for management to implement to provide better services to the customer so that they keep on coming back.
I enjoy being around my coworkers because we all share the same goal. The hardest part of the job is to see a passenger who missed their flight for whatever reason and not being able to get him/her to destination on time. I enjoy seeing that smile on my customers' face and that tells me that I am doing my job right.
Not a great place to grow
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
It is a good place for those that only have high school diplomas, anything above that you are overqualified to work at the airport as a customer service rep. It is not worth all the abuse and the lack of support from upper management. Pay is not feasible for someone living in New York, the only thing that keeps you working is the free flying benefits.
Great team members and Management
Customer Service and Ticketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX and Beverly Hills, CAMay 23, 2016
We worked as a very tight nit team. Both representatives of Delta and Management.

Typical day was high paced. I learned a lot about people and their personalities and how to adjust to each individual.

Management was great and supportive.

My co-workers were awesome and we worked well as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone was traveling under stressful circumstances and we were able to accommodate them and get them to their destination successfully.
Pros
Flight and health care benefits
Cons
Really none.
Delta Sales Support Training and Communication
Training/ Communication Coordinator ATL (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMay 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working as a trainer within Delta Sales Support. I love helping others and teaching.
Delta overall is a great company, however, the department I worked in had a very hostile work environment.
Everything changed when a person became the manager over training.
I was with Delta for 17 1/2 years and did not want to leave but was basically pushed out due to my manager and no support from upper management. I miss Delta and the old Delta culture when they really cared about their employees.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Hostile Work environment towards the end, no open door policy, no assistance from upper management, no way to get out of the department
Support to Teams and Projects
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2016
The teams and projects you support are the most rewarding experience while employed at Delta.

Start working on tasks that would impact timelines. Understanding the workload of the team. Most individuals are willing to bring their best service in support of the tasks to be completed.

The hardest part of the job is competing priorities .
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Location of resources
Aircraft mechanic and electrician
Lead Aircraft & Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2016
I worked for Northwest Airlines for 20 years and was laid off during the merger. I very much enjoyed the culture and fellowship of this industry. The technology of fly by wire and industry standards provided a solid foundation for my present career.
Pros
Fast pace and Exciting Work
Cons
Always worked holidays and weekends
Excellent job to meet and help people from all over the world.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 13, 2016
My typical day at Delta was to work in a safe, courteous and fast paced environment. Worked as a team to secure all flight departures on time.
The hardest part of the job was when a flight was delay or cancelled due to mechanical or weather, and I needed to stay to accommodate the customers and sometimes there were not many options available.
What I enjoyed the most was when I was assigned to work an overbook flight and was able to assigned a sit to every customer, and managed to close the flight on time.
Pros
Flight benefits, helthcare.
Cons
Part time job, sometimes had to stay long hours.
Always on your toes and changing with policies
Operations Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 13, 2016
A typical day at Delta Air Lines at LaGuardia is rare and when you do you do your regular inspection of the terminal and my teams performance. Always making sure that they are up to date with their knowledge and following Delta's guidelines. The hardest part of my job is telling my passengers that their flight has cancelled for what ever the reason maybe. Another hard part of my job is writing up a good agent say for attendance, job performance or even terminating an employee.

The most enjoyable part was getting to build friendship that I truly treasure. Another part is getting to interact with different cultures, and of course getting to jet set around the world.
Pros
flight benefits, friends and expanding myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2