Delta Employee Reviews

Found 1,562 reviews matching the search
Great place to work for with flight benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Responsible for placement of passengers on plane as a gate agent, responsible for placement transfer passenger's cargo via jet tug and the airport ramp. I worked part time as a traffic controller as well a few times a year clearing air space for planes to land, park and depart Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
Pros
Flight benefits, profit sharing, company stock
Cons
Working in extreme weather, hard to get day off for emergency due to seniority based system
Great company to work for, Travel and Pretty fair job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2017
I worked for Delta for five and half years-great company to work for and people for the most part are outstanding to work with, I would have remained with Delta but I wanted to move Charleston SC and there was no position available in Charleston to move into unfortunately. But would definitely recommend to anyone that willing to show up on time and work.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Travel and Co-workers
Cons
Bad weather, Rude customers and Flight fares complaints
Lots of free food and Work from Home Facility
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
1. Less pressure in normal days, gives you lots of opportunities to indulge yourself in the team as much as you want.
2. Training for various tools are provided time to time and is completely voluntary to attend.
3. Management is really good and organize activities and parties to make sure that you are not stressed.
4.Work culture is really appreciable.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work From Home, Summer CHILL and GRILL Fest
Cons
No Job Security
Great Work Life Balance and place to work
Program Manager, Global Transportation Team (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I really enjoy working for Delta Air Lines, it is a Fortune 500 company with a home town feel. A typical day for me is I come in and get done what I need to while having very little micro management from my leaders. As long as I am performing well I feel safe with my job.

The work culture is great, I know that the company respects me and my family. If I need to take some personal time I do not feel pressured to stay connected on my time away from work.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Sometimes get lost in the noise of so many employees
The most enjoyable part of the job
Frontline Involvement Team Member (FIT) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 17, 2017
What I enjoy the most about my job is the people I come into contact with. Many people are passing through the airport, different culture's and nationalities, the fact that I have the opportunity to speak with them and exchange in conversation regarding their way of life is impressive. Helping people is also most enjoyable for me. I take pride in being able to assist those in need.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Health Care, 401k
Great people person position!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Delta is constantly training it's employees with classes on various issues we faced as we transport passengers. From excellent customer service requirements to special needs for hearing impaired, sight impaired and other challenged flyers, Delta taught us confidence in our job knowledge and requirements.
Pros
Great benefits, travel, health, opportunities
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, irate passengers, holidays and weekend shifts
Productive and a fun workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
A good day of work is always enjoyable because you get a chance to help someone in need and their families. You help them feel great when they was sad or down when you got there. You learn a lot every day about insurance and to educate our customers. The hardest part of the job is when you walk in a house and can't help them and driving a long way from home. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving a customer happy knowing I have done all I can to assist them, and always meeting new people.
positive and self driven
ala ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
always exciting and unpredictable, positive work safe environment and always teamwork. Day at work, long hours and multiple flts.
Learned how to prepare for arriving and departing flts. how an aircraft should be loaded and always on time departures. A ALA manages many different teams thru out his or her shift, this makes for a safe operation for all involved. Culture very family oriented, all sticking together to get the job done. Hardest part of the job would be waiting for gate space or delayed flts. Most enjoyable part is seeing yourself and your co-workers go home safely an the end of your shift and having a smile on your face when all your flts were on time.
Pros
flights
Cons
great benefits
Northwest Airlines
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Northwest Airlines was acquired by Delta Airlines after I left the organization. The airline industry in general is an excellent place to work. The wages after the first few years exceed most regional levels. Balancing work and family is made easy with the ability to trade days if you need to or give away your work day completely. Excellent insurance and of course the great travel benefit of working for an airline.
Pros
Pay, Vacation Days and Travel
Cons
Working with the general public who can at times be difficult.
An awesome place to work. The overall company philosophy is amazing. The airport stations can be a challenging place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Stay focused on your on personal career path and avoid all other distractions. I personally love working for Delta. I will admit that I've had personal challenges that the actual airport stations weren't so great at assisting or accommodating me, but once I reached out to Corporate, the response was swift and great.
Pros
Travel and health benefits, profit sharing, employee care
Cons
Short breaks, frozen shifts, not enough local upward mobility
My career at the time
Engine parts Processor I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
work was pretty good most of my time there until 9/11 happen and I was one of the 9000 ppl took the pay out bcos of early retirement age 53 in the year of 2006,workers were good and bad,but things work out,management was ok, hardest part was dealing with chemicals and media blast smells but the use of ppe helps a lot,best part was going home at the end of the day for rest and sleep,learned a lot of thing there.
Pros
good job
Cons
try to stay healthy 100%
Opportunities to meet international colleagues, travel.
Regional Manager, Reservations and Sales (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 9, 2017
I worked mostly away from headquarters; a challenge was the time difference. Some colleagues had not traveled internationally and weren't aware of the differences that affected our jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting colleagues in different countries, living abroad and learning new cultures.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, grow, and travel.
Cons
Tough industry. Ups and downs.
Okay position
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 9, 2017
This job at first was okay and seemed great to work as a team but you soon realize how shady people are and it really hurts your self esteem because of how bad the management is in Delta. The Manager for Delta is very shady and only keeps his fiji people close to him and puts others at weird and unconditional shifts. That to me is poor management and Delta needs to hire another General Manger.
Pros
Good team if you are lucky with the chill ones
Cons
poor management and very likely to screw your schedule
Great Leaning experience in enterprise enviornment
Sr.Enterprise Modeler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2017
My task was to modify the existing model and create new models according to the client requirement.
Got chance to learn on different database like Sybase, DB2. Oracle and Teradata.
Management was awesome as all the staff was very helpful
workplace culture of Delta is very good as most of the jobs are done in waterfall approach.Hence, there is no race to complete the task in case of delay.
productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table and workout equiptment
Domestic and International Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Strong, steady company with potential growth. Tons of perks including flight benefits, chances to earn points by selling Delta sponsored credit cards and hotels. Great health and dental benefits.
Pros
flight benefits, excellent working environment, great health and dental
Cons
Must be patient with customers. I wish the salary was higher
Typical day at Delta Air Lines Inc.
Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day is at least ten hours at the office and one to three hours at home. Some airports operate 22 hours a day therefore I would receive operational email 24 hours a day. Everyday is different and has a different set priorities. In fact, priorities could change four or five times a day. It takes a lot of communication between different departments and even different airports. Management is very helpful because everyone's goal is customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy which customers direct employees and the different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
On call seven days a week.
Employees were hand picked & wonderful to work with. I still miss working there!!
Special Member Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2016
Answer phones
How to solve Elite members difficulties
We had excellent managers that were always available if needed
Many of the co-workers became very good friends & still get together on a monthly basis
The most difficult part was finding a resolution for passengers and giving them assurance they would be satisfied in their requests
The most enjoyable were the people I worked with & receiving complimentary letters from the passengers I was able to help
Pros
Loved my job. 10 hr days working 4 days.
Cons
Traffic getting to work at LAX
Why I still work at Delta
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2016
Great company to work for, amazing opportunity. Amazing to work outside when the weather is nice and also interesting to work when it is a bad storm. Working around air planes is interesting and always room to learn new things. Great to know people depending on you and you depending on them for them to see what you don't see to help you be safe. The hardest part of the job is actually none that I'm able to think of. Traveling is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free lunches when its very busy.
Cons
When its time to work you really work hard.
Poor medical/dental benefits
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Unhealthy work life balance. In the brief period I have worked here health insurance has changed for the worst and overall compensation is not worth the time and money invested into this type of lifestyle. The only way it seems people are able to advance their career is if they have an in with the right person, not by merit.
Pros
Standby travel
Cons
Poor overall compensation, advancement is limited
It's okay
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2016
I worked for Delta Air Lines, Inc for 4 and a half years as a ramp agent. Overall, it's a decent company to work for, for what it's worth. The flight benefits are the real reason a lot of people stay with the company. That and the fact that you can move up in the company. My advice is to come to work to WORK and not make FRIENDS. Do your job, collect your money, travel the world, and mind your business.
Pros
Flight benefits, profit sharing
Cons
favoritism, no union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2