Delta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,381 reviews matching the search
Family
information technology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Delta is and always will be a part of my Family.
I always learned you keep your management team updated on your work/life balance.
Not only did I work along side co-workers, we were a team.
The hardest part of my day, was the day my career ended with an involuntary layoff as well as other co-workers received the same involuntary layoff.
With that said, the most enjoyable part was always knowing I was apart of Delta Airlines. Past, present and future.
Pros
World Wide
Cons
favoritism
Fun workplace sometimes
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montego bay JamaicaJuly 10, 2016
Assisting customer with booking reservation,changing flights,update accounts,rebooking on different flight. I learned alot about the airline industry and the rules and regulations along with the procedures at the airport.The management staff is very supportive,co-workers and very supportive and helpful. the hardest part is not being able to resolve the customer problem. Helping the customer with whatever they need.
Pros
Cons
2- 15 min break and 1 30 min lunch, health insurance available
Faced paced work environment
Ticketing and Reservation Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2016
Delta airlines gave me a challenge that I was looking for. My typical started at 5am where we were busy with reservations and managing delayed/cancelled flights, snow storms and rebooking of customers flights,

The management teams were extremely professional and full of knowledge to help ease the stress that can come with a job such as this.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job were the flood of calls when there was a weather delay/no flight crew delay/ Misspelled names on an online reservation
Pros
Great hours and fun work environment
Cons
High stress levels during different times of the year
Productive and fun... Exploring the World
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2016
It's not a job, it's a lifestyle. Love working for Delta. Every day every flight is a different environment, different people. Love meeting people on every flight, serving passengers, while ensuring their safety. I love my co-workers every flight is someone different. It is nice to see many faces and not just work with the same people. The best part of this job is the flexibility and the great opportunity to explore the world. The hardest part of this job is staying in shape, with all the good food all over the world!
Team player, Adaptive and open
Customer Service Agent/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and a learning process too. I am always on the lookout for any suggestions for management to implement to provide better services to the customer so that they keep on coming back.
I enjoy being around my coworkers because we all share the same goal. The hardest part of the job is to see a passenger who missed their flight for whatever reason and not being able to get him/her to destination on time. I enjoy seeing that smile on my customers' face and that tells me that I am doing my job right.
Great team members and Management
Customer Service and Ticketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX and Beverly Hills, CAMay 23, 2016
We worked as a very tight nit team. Both representatives of Delta and Management.

Typical day was high paced. I learned a lot about people and their personalities and how to adjust to each individual.

Management was great and supportive.

My co-workers were awesome and we worked well as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone was traveling under stressful circumstances and we were able to accommodate them and get them to their destination successfully.
Pros
Flight and health care benefits
Cons
Really none.
Delta Sales Support Training and Communication
Training/ Communication Coordinator ATL (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAMay 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working as a trainer within Delta Sales Support. I love helping others and teaching.
Delta overall is a great company, however, the department I worked in had a very hostile work environment.
Everything changed when a person became the manager over training.
I was with Delta for 17 1/2 years and did not want to leave but was basically pushed out due to my manager and no support from upper management. I miss Delta and the old Delta culture when they really cared about their employees.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Hostile Work environment towards the end, no open door policy, no assistance from upper management, no way to get out of the department
Excellent job to meet and help people from all over the world.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 13, 2016
My typical day at Delta was to work in a safe, courteous and fast paced environment. Worked as a team to secure all flight departures on time.
The hardest part of the job was when a flight was delay or cancelled due to mechanical or weather, and I needed to stay to accommodate the customers and sometimes there were not many options available.
What I enjoyed the most was when I was assigned to work an overbook flight and was able to assigned a sit to every customer, and managed to close the flight on time.
Pros
Flight benefits, helthcare.
Cons
Part time job, sometimes had to stay long hours.
Stressful and exciting job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2016
There was no shortage of stress working for Delta Airlines. I worked the late shift which meant coming in and working our last few remaining flights for the night, conducting security searches on the aircraft and gate areas before closing them down for the night, as well as all required paperwork and ensuring that the baggage service area was free of any issues. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress. The most enjoyable part was being able to utilize the great flying benefits.
Pros
Free flights for myself and my family
Cons
Difficulty in trying to get additional time off from work
Support to Teams and Projects
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2016
The teams and projects you support are the most rewarding experience while employed at Delta.

Start working on tasks that would impact timelines. Understanding the workload of the team. Most individuals are willing to bring their best service in support of the tasks to be completed.

The hardest part of the job is competing priorities .
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Location of resources
Always on your toes and changing with policies
Operations Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 13, 2016
A typical day at Delta Air Lines at LaGuardia is rare and when you do you do your regular inspection of the terminal and my teams performance. Always making sure that they are up to date with their knowledge and following Delta's guidelines. The hardest part of my job is telling my passengers that their flight has cancelled for what ever the reason maybe. Another hard part of my job is writing up a good agent say for attendance, job performance or even terminating an employee.

The most enjoyable part was getting to build friendship that I truly treasure. Another part is getting to interact with different cultures, and of course getting to jet set around the world.
Pros
flight benefits, friends and expanding myself.
Not a great place to grow
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
It is a good place for those that only have high school diplomas, anything above that you are overqualified to work at the airport as a customer service rep. It is not worth all the abuse and the lack of support from upper management. Pay is not feasible for someone living in New York, the only thing that keeps you working is the free flying benefits.
Review of a fantastic career at Delta Airlines
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
There is really no typical day. Every situation was different. I really enjoyed the variety of situations that required me to use good judgement, courtesy, and professionalism. I have many wonderful memories of co-workers from all over the world. It gave me a great perspective into how everyone has the same goals. They are, to represent their employer in the most professional manner and to provide safe and enjoyable transportation to the traveling public. The hardest part of my job was being alert and effective on the "back side of the clock". I.E. "Jetlag". The most enjoyable part of my job was during the deplaning process where we would get heartfelt thanks from our passengers, grateful be at their destination safely.
Pros
Outstanding layovers
Cons
Weariness from being up all night.
This company couldn't care less about their employees.
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2016
I just wanted to say that this Airline strives on giving good Customer Service but treats their employees terrible.
If, they don't like you then they harass you and give you write ups all the time.
Then you get a text message that they fired you.
It's not about giving good customer service it's about how many times you send the customers to get rental stuff ( cars,hotels,etc.)
or the biggest reason transferring them to American Express who owns Delta Airlines.
Don't work for them they won't EVER have your back.
Pros
Flights
Cons
The managers all stick together and do nothing.
exellent place to work
Customer Service/Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
meeting and helping our customers reach their destination world wide,the learning environment great multi tasking ,communicating with our customers intermittly,and delivering the superior delta experience fun and professional co workers,
Pros
job satisfaction through ineraction with varied people
Cons
standing for long periods
Not the place for those aspiring to advance on skill and merit
Airport Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2016
For the company to be as successful as they appear to be, they have a serious problem with hiring and promoting real talent. It is very much apparent that those in management role did not get their on their abilities and knowledge of management, only on their ability to suck up and play workplace politics, As a result many individual departments are suffering to balance costs and revenues. Management positions open regularly in the same stations, suggesting that they are not selecting the right people in the first place. There is a major break down in company culture as is passes through every level of the organizational ladder and even that differs greatly between departments and stations.
Pros
Flight benefits, pay
Cons
advancement opportunities, culture, individuality
busy and fast paced job with excellent people
Gasoline Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Lodi, NJApril 18, 2016
Overall my experience at Delta was one that was very useful to me in helping learn how to manage a business that is cash dominant. The environment was a very friendly one to be in but as a Junior in college preparing for graduation this job has run its course.
Pros
break when there are no customers, outdoors, always active
Cons
bad weather, dangerous because of cash being held
New experience
Ramp Agent/ Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98158April 14, 2016
On a typical day at Delta Airlines, you can expect to have a lot of downtime. The environment is fun, and everyone is very friendly to each other. The hardest part was staying focused on everything you have to watch out for. Monitoring flights that are consistently changing, and the commute from Tacoma to the airport were the hardest parts of this job.
Pros
downtime
Cons
faulty equipment and changing flights
Outstanding organization to be a part of
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2016
I began my career with Delta as an accountant. Later I transferred to reservations where I was able to develop my sales and marketing skills. The last 5 years of my career I work with Delta in India as a trainer. Great company to work for. Wonderful benefits that I am still enjoying as a retire.
Benefits
Cons
Most positions are not 9:00 am - 5:00pm monday thru friday
This was a ramp/ baggage job with Nortwest airlines before it wwas absorbed by Delta airlines.
Baggage/ Ramp Assistance (PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Northwest Airlines. I was part time Ramp assistance. For a part time job I made quite a bit of money. The job had really good benefits. I was laid off before the merger with Delta.
Pros
Excellent benefits. I really enjoyed the flying benefits for my family.
Cons
The tragedy of 9/11 that cost me my job.

4.2