Delta Employee Reviews

fast paced, on the go environment with great flight benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee), San FranciscoAugust 27, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Delta airlines is an amazing company. No day is ever the same. My job includes checking passengers in and board flights. I have met some amazing people I call friends that make working for Delta very enjoyable. I have learned all the in and outs about flying and the pressure that gate agents face. There is a lot of pressure to get flights out on time and its the days when its my turn to fly to a new city, I am grateful and happy to say I work for Delta airlines.
very good
baggage handler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: very physical
very good job, I enjoyed my co-workers, a typical day was loading and unloading airplanes. I enjoyed the atmosphere. some days we were very busy but it came with the job
Performance Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
Delta was a great company for me to work. The culture was very supportive. I had multiple jobs there and enjoyed each and every one of them.
good
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: team player
Cons: team player
great place to look for jobs. good people and you get to travel and meet awesome people. working on the plane is phenominal working an an environment with amazing co workers.
great company
Sales and customer service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits, medical/flying
Cons: did not come thru with oppty in orlando
Great group of people supervisors as well as managers. they make sure the employees are treated with respect. Acknowledge all efforts done by us. great training program to make sure when you reach the floor, you are well versed on the policies and procedures and that you comply with D.O.T.. great bonus' and commissions
A company that provides opportunity for growth
Co-Op (Current Employee), Atlanta,GAAugust 19, 2015
Delta Airlines is a large company with 80,000 employees. My experience at Delta has been great because I've been able to interact with employees in other departments. Although, I did not enjoy the organization I was under, I saw fit that there were other organizations that were very different however embodied the Delta culture.
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service/Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Good working hours and the other agents were fun to work with.
Cons: Bad weather and very late flights.
A typical day at work is meeting the planes when they come to the gate and opening the doors to let the passengers off. Also I had to show them where and what gate they need to be at to make their connection flights. Issued tickets for the new passengers to board and help the ones that didn't have a seat assignment to get a seat on the plane. Boarded the plane, print the departure paper work for the pilot and flight attendance, took on board of the plane and closed the door and dispatch it.
Educational and Fun
Customer Sales Agent (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Meeting celebrities
Learned a lot about the travel industry and got to meet a lot of great people and a few celebrities. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay warm on the ramp in the harsh Erie winters. The diversity of people that you meet while working for an airline is the best part of the job. You have a constant flow of people each of which has their own story to tell you about the places they've been and the places they're going.
Good benefits
Industry Satisfaction Monitor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2015
I got out of training class about 3 weeks prior to the Sept 11 attacks. The travel industry was hurting but the CEO at the time was awesome and came up with many ideas that saved many airlines.
Great Company
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2015
Delta Air Lines is an excellent company to work for. I love working for Delta, the benefits are great, the people are awesome. Management is always there for you.
Great Place to work
Ticket/Gate/Baggage/Ramp and Cargo Agent (Former Employee), Hebron, KYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Not really any
In 13 years I had worked a lot of different locations and job assignments that include a Ticket and Gate agent, Baggage Service Agent, Ramp Agent and Cargo Agent. I loved my job and it was a huge disappointment to loose my job after so many years due to terrorist attacks resulting from 9/11. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting free air plane passes to all the different cities and countries that Delta flew to. As result to this great benefit.. I have been to over a dozen countries in the world, all for free.
I could afford to fly just could not afford to land.
Special Member Services Reservation Sales (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pay in the airline industry is very poor but you are able to fly for free!!! I loved this benefit but things changed after 9/11. It was a sad time to be in the line of work.
very hard working and eager to be great in anything I take on.
Cargo Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta GAAugust 10, 2015
Working with Delta AirLines allows me to learn alot about hard work and different cultures and values. Its a true definition of hard work pays off.
busy and stressful environment if you are an asset
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), new york, new yorkAugust 10, 2015
Not a place to work where you try to get your foot in the door as a young person just starting out. If you are a fast paced learner and aren't afraid of responsiblity do know be so forward about showing your knowledge, it will be used against you.
PRODUCTIVE FUN WORKPLACE
Reservation Sales call center I assist customers (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: INCENTIVES, PROFIT SHARING
Cons: BIDDING FOR SHIFTS
TYPICAL CALL CENTER ENVIRONMENT. FUN FAMILY ORIENTED ATMOSPHERE. WONDERFUL ADVANCEMENT OPPROTUNITIES. NEW HIRES MUST BE PREPARED TO WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS.
Productive and pleasant place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Astoria, NYAugust 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management . Easy to move forward with company. also great company perks which allow you travel and experience new things.
Free travel!
ALA - Aircraft Load / Lead Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Free travel.
Cons: Bad weather days...
Delta again was a great company... Benefits were excellent, and free travel in the US! It was always a challenging job, and I liked the risk/rewards...
Great Flight Benefits
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Flying
Cons: Insurance, and job security
Flying is free. Job security is a major issue. With a simple customer complaint you are at risk of losing your job. Health insurance is mediocre.
Great Travel Benefits
Reservations Lead (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 7, 2015
Great company to work for, but it's a LOT of hard work and the pay isn't great. Total compensation package is pretty good.
Fun, fast past work environment that allows you very little family life.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great health care, etc
Cons: Hardly time for breaks/hard to call in/bad scheduling
Although I love the company, it is very hard to have a family life with the company. It is very hard to get time off, unless you have seniority with the company. The base pay is really hard for new employees and the life style change is also difficult. However, I have never worked at a more fun, exciting job before in my life.

The typical work day is about 13 hours, without breaks half the time.