Delta Employee Reviews

Work Life
Refunds Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2016
This company has a great balance for work and personal life. The company has great benefits but there are work politics that can prevent growth from within the company. Some are laid off due to organization realignment. While others are forced into retirement. Needless to say, overall Delta Airlines is a great company to work for with great benefits.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Healthcare
Great Job
Flex at Home Part Time Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
This is a work at home position with Delta Air Lines. Receive inbound calls from passengers. Assist with customer service, bookings and sales. Learned how to negotiate and problem solve. Management is proactive in providing training and assistance. Co workers are helpful. Hardest part of job is not being able to assist with situations that are out of control due to weather, etc. The most enjoyable is being able to interact with passengers and make the Delta difference.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Healthcare not offered with Flex At Home Position
Enjoyed working for the company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
Overall UI enjoyed my job at Delta. Was not a big fan of some in management I feel this was because a lot of us began losing our jobs in accounting due to out sourcing. Started bring in other s from the out side and at that point in my life with Delta felt caught at the age of 45 not sure where my future would end up.
Delta is a good company to work for whit many areas to advance in. I enjoyed my work area focusing on my job. Delta taught me a lot about computers and sent me to many classes. When I first started at Delta in Interline Accounts we did not have computers!
Pros
Many areas to advance
Cons
Severance packages and out sourcing to other COUNTRIES, Many Americans were without employment! Bring American Jobs Back to the USA
excellent place to work..
senior coordinator in the ramp tower (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
a typical day at work was fun. I learned what it takes to get aircraft in and out in a safe and secure when controlling a/c in the ramp. we had a great and very knowledgeable management team.The hardest part of my job was getting all the business units to work together.the most enjoyable part of this job was all of my co-workers worked together as a team to accomplish in getting all a/c in and out safe and on time.
great overtime
Delta Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
great overtime.and work shift overall good work enviornment
a very positive atmosphere.good vacation and medical benifits
Great Place to work.
Certified electric pallet jack, Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
I started striping aircraft pulling the paint off for repainting.Then I bided into Stores Dept. Where I started driving Trucks and move up to an 18 wheeler.Where I drove up close to the Aircraft and unloaded with a fork lift. Follow all Regulations and rules.
Pros
Got to Fly Free, Great benefits
Cons
Had to work out in the weather.
Good Place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Striving to get the job completed.
Many different jobs
Was decent over all to work for.
C0-workers were good people.
Dealing with the chemicals.
The people I worked with most times.
Pros
Good Company to work for
Cons
Dealing with some issues that should not have been created.
Excellent and great place to work
customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Provided phraseology assistance for agent who could not assist Delta's most difficult customer. Enjoyed assisting Delta's external and internal customers
Pros
Free travel
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Customer Service/Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work is one that entails meeting people from many different cultures. What I have learned is to be more of a listener in that, people may speak in different tones, accents and gestures and in order to understand you first have to listen. My co-workers are very willing to assist in with problem resolutions and other work related issues. The hardest part of my job is telling passengers they are not going to make the flight because they have checked in late. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeking the children faces when they a travelling especially to Disney World.
Working with Delta Airlines
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2016
Delta Airlines is a great company to work for. The airport is a face paced work environment, so everyone pitches in and works hard, but when there are no flights on the ground you have time to relax and socialize.

Want to know more about Delta?

Ask a question
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Customer Representative/Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 30, 2015
GET TO TRAVEL THE WORLD FOR FREE GOOD TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HELP U LOVED THE RAMP LIFE IF I CAN GO BACK AND GET PAID GOOD I WOULD
Pros
PROFIT SHARING
Cons
HATE WHEN IT HAD IROP DAYS
International Sales & Customer Service
International Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2015
I took continuous phone calls.... from Elite Members.... for reservations and award seats. ** I was able to ....sometimes.... TOUCH people's lives! ** It is a job where we experience.... "every day life".... for our customers! .... Sometimes.... not very happy times for people! ..... Life.... sometimes throws them a "curve"! If we are able to help them..... we can touch their lives!
Pros
I was able to help people! .....sometimes.... TOUCH their lives!
Very Nice Life Style
Flight Attendant (Domestic) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2015
Great Place to Work, goods benefits, meet and work with very interesting people all around the
world........... also learning the cultures of different people
Pros
Seeing the world is education
Cons
Stuck on Tarmac for hours due to weather
Very productive work place
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at work would be to bring the airplane in and unload the bags. Then load the plane back and wing walk it out. Then wait for the other airplane to come in. The hardest part is the down time. Sometimes you have to wait one hour or more for the planes to land. The most enjoyable part is the work.
Pros
The hard work
Cons
Long breaks thru out the day
Delta Aircraft Mechanic - A&P Licensed (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
I worked in base mx and C-ck line at Delta which our job was to perform mx on line aircraft that could not be done at the line, such as landing gear and engine replacement, fuel tank mods, interior replacement mods, and ground mx accident repairs. In the C-check line we performed the 5 day inspection checks. My training was mostly landing gear and flight controls, but I helped on engine replacement and fuel tank mods. I was trained in class on the 757,767,777, and MD88. My co-workers were great and worked hard as I did to meet the schedule. The hardest part of the job was helping to change an engine on the MD-11 #2 which was in the vertical fin and greasing the rudder using a bucket lift. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work for Delta and experience the airline world. After bankruptcy, the Airline has made huge strives to come back and make a great airline again. Paid more than half of their debt off and instituted profit sharing in place of their frozen pension system.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Bankruptcy and RIF which hit me the third go around in 2006
Incredible schedule flexibility
Purser and Language qualified cabin crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NY and Miami, FLDecember 21, 2015
Cabin crew is a very challenging but rewarding job. It takes you all over the world, allows you to work with multicultural crews and you meet some very interesting people. The layovers can be exciting also very short.
It is all about managing your work with your personal life. Your life literally flies by you faster than any other job.
You learn to know what your priorities are. You learn to accept sacrifice and compromise.
Being on the move constantly can be challenging. The hardest part of the job is when things happen out of your control, i.e weather delays, mechanical problems with the aircraft.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility. It is almost as if you are working freelance. You work when you want.
One thing you learn over the years, just stick to the company guidelines, and you will be in good shape. Do everything the company asks you to do. There are established guidelines in place for a reason.
Pros
Amazing layovers
Cons
Long long duty periods
i need this job because i dont have a job right now
cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 18, 2015
I need a job because i dont have a job right now my last job i started 2013 and stopped at 2015 and i really want to work here in this job because i dont have a job right now and this job is closer to my house and i can make more money here.
Pros
Cons
rule of the job
Execellent benefits
Tower Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2015
Work in a fast pace enviroment that keeps on changing. Working with diverse group of people is interesting and fun. Management team is supportive.
Pros
health benefits, travel benefits, profit sharing
Cons
operates 24/7 365 days a year
Major airline
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  JFK, LGA, EWRDecember 17, 2015
Great company but was refused assistance for housing when operations at JFK underwent renovation therefore not allowing for housing and share boards during renovation.

On reserve flying aircraft that did not have food carts in mid galley having to run 50 meals to passengers without assistance from crew.

Reserve flight attendants seldom got to fly the entire system.

Not a fun company and peers were not friendly or helpful in finding housing in NY, a very expensive city to live in with no help from management whatsoever.

The passenger were most enjoyable.
Pros
Highest level in scheduled air flying
Cons
NY management indifferent to the needs of new hires.
Productive and interesting workplace with work-at-home opportunities.
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 17, 2015
It was a difficult and demanding job which required a lot of knowledge and adaptability. The customers were generally a pleasure to service. The travel benefits were a definite plus.

4.2