Delta Employee Reviews

Found 1,813 reviews matching the search
Typical day at work
Postal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 1, 2017
Your responsible to make sure all mail reaches it designated flight.
as well as making sure all mail is picked up and dropped off into the postal office facility. you drive a jitney down to the airlines and return with 4 large canisters that are come from the belly of the plan with mail luggage for delivery to people in the post office. Management was supportive. Hardest part of the job was picking up heavy bags of mail that weigh 40-65lbs. the most enjoyable part of the job working like a team.
Pros
great start off job
Cons
Postion doesnt exist no more
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
Delta is an awesome company to work for but they will not back you and will fire you no matter your years of service and dedication to them. They have great benefits and perks.
cut throat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2017
You can make good money here,but they will take anything and everything away from you including benefits and pay,in order to pay their "elite" management ...Flight benefits have become a joke,as one flies on standby and today you have a better chance of winning the lottery.Delta is also bigot they only approve of young pretty women,and make teh rest suffer.
A great start
Line Logistics Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
This is by far the best job I've ever had. The only reason I left was to pursue my military career. I waited a while to convert to full-time but once I did I moved to two departments and finally got the job I wanted as a logistician.
Pros
profit sharing check, holiday parties, flight benefits
Cons
Ready Reserve
Excellent Job Opportunity.
Computer Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2017
Excellent Job Opportunity. Served as Unix Systems Administrator supporting a variety of computer environments. Provided customer support for new projects and support of existing projects.
Great company with huge advancement opportunities
Manager - Technical Operations, Base Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2017
This company is so big, and diverse that there are endless opportunities to learn and grow with the company. The culture here is wonderful, and they work to help each other succeed.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
Great place to work with excellent benefits.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 27, 2017
Delta airlines is a great company who has provided excellent service to its employees. Delta provided a excellent work schedule that helped graduate college and still maintain employment with the company.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
High pressure
Delta is a wonderful company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2017
Delta is a wonderful company to work with. Great employee satisfaction. Takes good care of employees. Good compensation. Work life balance is good too. Highly Recommended.
Awesome place to work at
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2017
This is the longest I have been at a job, which says a lot. I usually get bored after two years of working the same job. Delta is a great company to work for.
Productive company with great customers and hard workers
Customer Service Representative/ramp agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 26, 2017
A typical day at was waiting for the planes to come in, when the planes came in we were to go out the tar pit and wave the planes in. Once this was done the customers would come off the plane and we would assist them with their bags. The hardest part of the job was working out in the weather when it was raining or snowing. The most enjoyable part was assisting the customers with their bags and waving the planes in.
Pros
F riendly co-workers and great customers.
Cons
Having to be in the cold during the winter .
Good Company to work for
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 24, 2017
Duplicate entry already reviewed this company Too bad we lost this great company due to the Sioux City Council. They were being selfish in what airline they wanted flying into Sioux City Airport.
Great Company
Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
I worked for Delta Airlines for 28 years and it was a wonderful company to spend a career. I worked mostly dayshift 06:00 to 15:30. Lots of support from co-workers
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Odd work shifts
Great place to work if you want to travel
Ramp Agent (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2017
Great travel benefits and very fast place environment to work at, the only drawback full-time status can be difficult to get if you are looking for something long term
Excellent place to work. Fun and interesting.
Captain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
Always something interesting going on. Fellow employees are always fun to work with. A very unique culture. Most employees look out for each other. Customers are all unique and mostly interesting to work with. Great pay and benefits package.
Pros
pay, benefits.
Cons
Long work hours.
Management isn't the best
Gate agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed the job itself at delta. The management is not professional at all and they are passive agressive and use fear to make you do what they want.
Pros
Fun job, flight benefits
Cons
Management, pay, work/life balance
cut throat
Performance Supervisor/Recruiter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 23, 2017
Dont report any inappropriate behavior. The job changes everyday. YOu get black balled if you tell the truth. No job advancement or transfers. No days off, long hours and dont let the weather or delays for mechanical your gonna do more than one shift.
Pros
fly for free
Cons
no work life balance, no job advancement
Great place to work!
Ground Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 22, 2017
Great people, great perks and great experience! Flexible schedules and ability to transfer and move to different departments. Some managers suck but otherwise a great company!
Pros
Flight benefits, co-workers, parking
Cons
Hours, pay is low, dental
A job with a purpose
Flight Attendant/Purser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Every work day leaves you feeling good, but that day can be long. Getting sick while away from home can really be uncomfortable. Every job has it's stresses, this job the benefits out way the stresses.
Pros
Co-workers are true friends
Cons
Long days
Great people oriented company
Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2017
I'm closing in on 30 years with Delta and it has been a great ride. Delta is a fabulous company populated by equally fabulous people. Close knit, life long friendships are the norm. For me the only downside has been relocating out of my home state of Texas.

Of course the airline industry isn't for everyone. Depending on your occupation, weird hours and off days are not out of the question; particularly in TechOps.
Pros
Total Compensation
Cons
Shift work
Great Workplace
Wheelchair Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2017
I learned to be very patient with customers. It really wasn't a hard part to my job actually everything was relaxed and smooth. My workplace was silent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2