Deltak Employee Reviews

Great company. Lot of innovations and strong towards online education.
QA Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IllinoisAugust 17, 2015
Overall great company to work for. Lots of new innovations and new technology. I learned how the online schools are operated.
Great company and developed alot of welding skills and others as well.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 8, 2015
I really learned how to become a very skilled welder when working here. I got many welding certs for AWS,CWB and ASME section 9 with TIG 6G pipe, Flux Core 6G, MCAW, GMAW. Learned and followed very stringent codes for TIG and Flux Core welding and X-Rays were very common. Learned how to operate heavy duty cranes and move giant steet structures over 25 tons at a time. Operated in very confined spaces and in very high elevations.
Pros
Pay, Raises and Benefits great, Skills and productivity is rewarded. Organization great too.
Cons
Management was a little unreasonable at times, and was bankrupt for a couple of years but got out of it quickly. layoffs too.
Excellent company to work for.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 18, 2015
I very much enjoyed my time with Deltak / Wiley Corp as a Program Manager. They have been very good to me throughout my employment there.
Per lack of work, I had been laid off with severence to look for a better opportunity.
Working as a Program Manager, I had the opportunity to work on start up programs which consisted of building and coaching new teams to work successfully withing an enrollment structure.
Pros
treated employees very well per team outings, and spared no expense with corporate outings and holiday parties.
Cons
no warning at all per the lay off and losing my job.
Had Working people with a family feel
Manufacturing Scheduler/Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 22, 2013
Read Blueprints and sourced drawings. Helped out at Switchboard for breaks and lunches. Checked inventory levels and ran reports. Determined Order levels for stock/bin items and sent ordering numbers to purchasing. I learned that as a group we could pull togather and put Deltak on top again and again. My co-workers were more like family.
Pros
nice hours and 401k plan
Great
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 12, 2012
Great place to work. Work life balance was excellent. I wish I could return to work there.
Good company but immature software development cycle
Contract Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 6, 2012
I was hired to provide a quality assurance function to the software development cycle. However, there was little interest, and some resistance outside the immediate team I worked with. Company is struggling between remaining entrepeneurial and enterprise.

4.4