Deltek, Inc. Employee Reviews

i very much enjoyed working there.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Walker, LANovember 3, 2017
it is a great work enviroment, the fellow co workers are helpful and hardworking. the supervisors are very knowledgeable. its a great place to work and have a steady job.
Great culture, not so great career development opportunities
Finance Generalist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 12, 2017
Great culture and great people to work with. Love it here. The only issue is that there aren't opportunities for career development, from my experience anyway.
Great Job!
Materials Management Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 31, 2017
Great job, very professional team and environment. Fun and cohesive coworkers. Hard work learning the databases and the behind the screen inter-workings of the CostPoint application.
Pros
Good folks
Cons
Layoffs
Worst work experience up to this date.
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2017
I worked at Deltek for almost 2 years and it was an awful experience from start to finish. The company has grown faster than they can keep up with and the SDR program has fallen apart
Cons
no oversight, poor management, unclear structure
Fun workplace, and very competitive salary package
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 17, 2017
Being a multinational company, you are given a chance to work with different people across different cultures.

Compensation and benefits are at par with other similar companies.
ping pong tournaments only plus
Sale Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 19, 2017
THIS PLACE SUCKS. Really should have stayed in school. Oracle would have been better for me. They sometimes have a little party here and there. thats the only pluss
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
terrible heiarchy
Extremely progressive yet professional
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 13, 2017
The company has done a wonderful job of creating a flat hierarchy and providing many flexible way to encourage collaboration. They also have virtually no dress code, and the staff dresses appropriately and professionally.
Working completely remote
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 12, 2017
Great team!
Brand new approach to a proven application.
Working remote is great with the proper amount of meetings to keep everything organized.
Treated in a professional manner.
Pros
working remote
Cons
training must wait for development
Loved working at Deltek from 1986-2000
Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 4, 2017
I worked at Deltek for 14 years. I loved the software and the management. It was a great career for me, as I enjoyed learning and constantly having new responsibilities. The environment allowed for as much growth as an individual was willing to attain.
Leading product in a competitive industry
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2016
Great company with good work life balance. Comp is below industry standard. Products are well known in the industry but to many reps limit your territory.
Great company with nice people
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 9, 2016
Very nice team of engineers...organized and focussed on the work to be delivered. Flexible schedules
Very nice office at Herndon with gym.
Reasonable work load and realistic deadlines
Organization in Transition
Regional Sales Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 29, 2016
Deltek is trying to move to the cloud. This puts product, marketing, and sales teams & territories in flux. Constant change is to be expected but the product was woefully behind the strategy.
Pros
Work from home culture
Cons
Marketing left a lot to be desired.
Unstable Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 17, 2016
If you are looking for a company that will build you up and advance your career, you should look elsewhere. Deltek is a company that is more like a middle school environment filled with drama and a cast of characters that look the other way when things are bad, and seek the glory when things go well. We gouge our customers for our own benefit, and upper management refuses to help them when they need it most. We do not retain our customers based on relationships and rapport, but instead we trap them with a system that will slowly financially drain them over time.
Pros
N/a
Cons
You name it
Grat place to start out- not much opportunity for advancement
Corporate University: Project Management (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 25, 2016
Deltek was a great place to work. Fun atmosphere with a great group of people. Very flexible work remote policies and casual dress. With accesability also comes an expectation that you are ready to work any time or place.
CEO only cares about sales people
Sr Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 1, 2015
CEO only cares about sales people. Made to work 12hour days on salaried 8 hour day. Take advantage of over working you with no extra compensation.
Great place to work at
IT Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 20, 2015
employees are very welcoming and people enjoy coming in to work. Very nice environment and nice flexibility with your schedule. Most people have a option to work from home.
Pros
Free lunch, Gym, Tennis court, Game room
GovWin IQ = monopoly of Government market intelligence
Deltek GovWin IQ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 2, 2015
GovWin IQ is a must-have for any medium-large government contractor. Beware if your job is going to be to try to sell subscriptions to the small ones.
Pros
Great training on Federal procurement process and product
Cons
High turnover. Arrogance as market leader hurt ability to close small accounts.
Job security is an issue
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day as a consultant was that I worked from home on implementation projects if the client did not require me to be on site, or I travelled to the client site. I learned the consultive way of presenting myself to the stakeholders and C-Level executives, conducting product presentations, conducting business practices meetings and working with the functional users and with other consultants from diffrent grops.
Pros
I could work from home.
Cons
Too easy to work around the clock, lots of travel.
Standard Corporate Tech Company
Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 11, 2015
I just started here. I was told it would not be 100% cold calling, however it really is until you move up the ladder a bit. At that point there is still some cold calling involved but then it becomes more consultative sales which is at least a tad bit less redundant.

Management is great, Co-workers are pleasant and helpful, this is not a bad place to work at all. I would simply like a little bit more responsibility besides generating interest in the product.
Working for an ERP vendor
Senior Account Executive, Western United States (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 11, 2015
Selling a variety of products to Retail customers and prospects. Extensive travel through out the United States. Working with Pre-sales and post sales support teams, Very much a team sale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deltek, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9