Deltek, Inc.

Deltek, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Implementation Consultant for Earned Value Management Tools and training.
Senior Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: various client in different cities - travel
Cons: travel
Supported various companies with their Cobra implementation efforts. Provided on-site project management implementation support including installation and configuration of the Cobra software, setup of system security configuration and customized on-site training sessions. Provided database conversion process from Cobra 4.x to Cobra 5.0. Test Cobra software interface with other systems (scheduling, Open Plan, accounting, Cost Point, Primavera, and Microsoft Projects). Performed software verification and validation test procedures. Applied technology included: Deltek Cobra, Deltek Open Plan, Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera, Deltek wInsight, Deltek Costpoint, Microsoft Excel, and SQL Scripts
Deltek Summary
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Nice place to work if you don't mind having little to no job security. Deltek is not an employer that looks out for its employees. It's about Deltek first, and you second. if you're comfortable with that then go ahead and sign up.
Fun Dynamic Work Environment
Director of Pricing (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: low pay
Classy organization. Great Professionals. Competent Managers. Good working environment. High Tech workplace. Monthly meetings to properly assess work load.
Great work-life balance but bad ownership
Consultant (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: open space, break rooms, gym
Cons: frequent turnover of execs/ownership
The company went public then private and it it all came downhill. But for a company in this area, the culture is very good and it takes good care of its people.
Deltek
Research Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great people top to bottom
Cons: upper management disengaged at times with employees
A lot of the culture at Deltek is really good. They do have a great home life balance. The people who work there are mostly great people that will go out of their way to help you. As a worker, we had the ability to help define our job as long as it was to the greater good or the organization. My co-workers are some of the best people I ever had the privilege to work with. The only negative I would really say is that while upper management gives the impression that they care about everyone, if as an employee you are not in the growth or revenue portion of the company then you needs are mostly ignored. As a company that is growing with plans for the future, at times it needs to look back over its own history to see what it did well and not so well before engaging in more acquisitions. Layoffs have been common at my time at Deltek. Rarely will you see upper management take the blame for another departments under performance.
co fosters growth
Test Engineer/Consultant (Former Employee), Herndon, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: great people, great work
Cons: bonius and commission structure sucked
i had a great stint here. was able to move around in different positions (ie, once i mastered one, they let me move on to another). they made sure you have everything you'd need available on campus (ie, credit union, store, onsite vendors, gym, game room)
No internal promotion
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: worked at company for 14 years.
Cons: family was not first and long term employement no guarantee and no promotion within
They do not hire within and do not value long term employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 21, 2014
This company is wonderful. They are really big on job work/life balance. Always displayed how employees are valued and also very flexible.
Great Company
Sr. Scrum Master/Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 7, 2014
This is a great company to work for. The group that I worked for at Deltek Information Solutions is an excellent group
It was time to go
Manager of Product Environments (Former Employee), Herndon, VASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: management that is ran like a preschool, whomever whines the loudest that is the company direction.
Deltek was a very challenging, fast paced organization that suffered from quarterly RIFs to keep their financials in balance. The combination of the fast pace and the uncertainty of having a job quarter to quarter led to a lot of stress and in the end I was burnt out. My immediate manager was fantastic and ensured to the best of his abilities that my team and I had a good work and life balance. One of Deltek's downfalls is that they have too many VPs on the staff and they all want 85 different things done in 15 different ways but they all need it yesterday because none of them can PLAN. My job was stressful because I constantly had to change directions and shift to the latest VP request or which VP had cried the loudest the C Level managers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers, I miss all of them and the challenges that we overcame time and time again, but I am so relieved to not have the Deltek stress load on me anymore.
Great Culture, ok benefits, ok management
Sr. Sales Representative, Event Sponsorships (Former Employee), Herndon, VASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: limited advancement
Company was recently purchased by a private equity firm and the belief in job security declined across the company. In fact within 2 months, there were 2 rounds of layoffs.
Good Place to start
Senior Client Advisor (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 4, 2013
Pros: nice office, fun co-workers. wfh
Cons: office has no energy
Great manager, not much room to grow. Office is nice and quiet. Over all I liked it here
Nice company undergoing drastic changes
Sr Process Engineer (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 3, 2013
Very little job security with private equity ownership. Positions are being eliminated or moved to the Philippines.
EVM Integrated Project Management
EVMS Program Management consultant (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: atmosphere promoting the growth of their employees and the ability to telecommute
Cons: being away from home but offset by the ability to telecommute when possible.
Great place to work and at times the capability to work remotely.
Collaborative workplace, in a business casual environment
Marketing and Communications Associate (Current Employee), Herndon, VADecember 23, 2012
At Deltek, my communications and organizational skills were enhanced. I was the chief editor for our internal weekly and quarterly newsletters. I developed marketing and communications content to spread awareness and to get employees involved in Deltek events and learning opportunities.
Very good company overall
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Herndon, VADecember 6, 2012
Pros: great compensation package and opportunities for advancement
Cons: "shark mentality" in some of the management team
Flexible schedules with telecommuting options.
Nice team but some "shark-like" people: BEWARE
the only thing is that they do layoffs very often and it seems most of the operations are slowly transitioning to the Phillipines.
Great place to work with great wellness programs that help to support a work life balance
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee), Herndon, VANovember 29, 2012
Pros: great wellness programs
Cons: poor growth and development and career advancement
I loved working at Deltek for the most part, but found that there was little room for advancement. I enjoyed working with others at Deltek. There is a young workforce with lots of passion for what they do. The wellness programs available are wonderful. Deltek hosted a battle of the bands and provides free seated massages, car detailing, athletic activities such as a run/walk group and a biking group among others. Deltek also gives employees the opportunity to put win tickets to events in the Deltek box at the Verizon center as well as other places. Deltek lacks a really strong professional development program but is beginning to make progress in that area. One really awesome part of working there were the quarterly bonuses.
Great organization to grow and learn
Director, Compensation (Current Employee), Herndon, VAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: great growth opportunities and wellness programs
I was brought on to Deltek over 5 years ago to develop and implement a sustainable structure for Compensation to include equity and incentive planning.

During my 5 years with the company I have promoted 3 times and developed the skills to become a leader within the organization.

I truly enjoy working with the business leaders at Deltek and see them grow and prosper through HR & Compensation.
Poor leadership
Marketing Communications (Current Employee), Herndon, VASeptember 25, 2012
The company culture is changing in a positive directly, but the current leadership teams do not encourage innovation or new ideas. They are set in their ways, and frown upon challenging old and out of date ideas.
Sad place only interested in padding the pockets of executives
Individual Contributor (Former Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: everything else possible
This used to be a wonderful 'family feeling' organization. Once purchased by VC, it became a money maker only for the chosen few, brought in from outside. Very elitist environment, cruel treatment of those who were not part of the inner circle. Most of the great talent that made the company what it is have left or been elimintated.

About Deltek, Inc.

For over 30 years, Deltek has uniquely delivered leading enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses. – Read more

Deltek, Inc. Salaries