Deltek, Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved working at Deltek from 1986-2000
Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 4, 2017
I worked at Deltek for 14 years. I loved the software and the management. It was a great career for me, as I enjoyed learning and constantly having new responsibilities. The environment allowed for as much growth as an individual was willing to attain.
Leading product in a competitive industry
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2016
Great company with good work life balance. Comp is below industry standard. Products are well known in the industry but to many reps limit your territory.
Organization in Transition
Regional Sales Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 29, 2016
Deltek is trying to move to the cloud. This puts product, marketing, and sales teams & territories in flux. Constant change is to be expected but the product was woefully behind the strategy.
Pros
Work from home culture
Cons
Marketing left a lot to be desired.
Unstable Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 17, 2016
If you are looking for a company that will build you up and advance your career, you should look elsewhere. Deltek is a company that is more like a middle school environment filled with drama and a cast of characters that look the other way when things are bad, and seek the glory when things go well. We gouge our customers for our own benefit, and upper management refuses to help them when they need it most. We do not retain our customers based on relationships and rapport, but instead we trap them with a system that will slowly financially drain them over time.
Pros
N/A
Cons
You name it
Grat place to start out- not much opportunity for advancement
Corporate University: Project Management (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 25, 2016
Deltek was a great place to work. Fun atmosphere with a great group of people. Very flexible work remote policies and casual dress. With accesability also comes an expectation that you are ready to work any time or place.
CEO only cares about sales people
Sr Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 1, 2015
CEO only cares about sales people. Made to work 12hour days on salaried 8 hour day. Take advantage of over working you with no extra compensation.
Great place to work at
IT Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 20, 2015
employees are very welcoming and people enjoy coming in to work. Very nice environment and nice flexibility with your schedule. Most people have a option to work from home.
Pros
Free lunch, Gym, Tennis court, Game room
GovWin IQ = monopoly of Government market intelligence
Deltek GovWin IQ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 2, 2015
GovWin IQ is a must-have for any medium-large government contractor. Beware if your job is going to be to try to sell subscriptions to the small ones.
Pros
Great training on Federal procurement process and product
Cons
High turnover. Arrogance as market leader hurt ability to close small accounts.
Job security is an issue
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day as a consultant was that I worked from home on implementation projects if the client did not require me to be on site, or I travelled to the client site. I learned the consultive way of presenting myself to the stakeholders and C-Level executives, conducting product presentations, conducting business practices meetings and working with the functional users and with other consultants from diffrent grops.
Pros
I could work from home.
Cons
Too easy to work around the clock, lots of travel.
Standard Corporate Tech Company
Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 11, 2015
I just started here. I was told it would not be 100% cold calling, however it really is until you move up the ladder a bit. At that point there is still some cold calling involved but then it becomes more consultative sales which is at least a tad bit less redundant.

Management is great, Co-workers are pleasant and helpful, this is not a bad place to work at all. I would simply like a little bit more responsibility besides generating interest in the product.
Working for an ERP vendor
Senior Account Executive, Western United States (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 11, 2015
Selling a variety of products to Retail customers and prospects. Extensive travel through out the United States. Working with Pre-sales and post sales support teams, Very much a team sale.
Implementation Consultant for Earned Value Management Tools and training.
Senior Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 10, 2015
Supported various companies with their Cobra implementation efforts. Provided on-site project management implementation support including installation and configuration of the Cobra software, setup of system security configuration and customized on-site training sessions. Provided database conversion process from Cobra 4.x to Cobra 5.0. Test Cobra software interface with other systems (scheduling, Open Plan, accounting, Cost Point, Primavera, and Microsoft Projects). Performed software verification and validation test procedures. Applied technology included: Deltek Cobra, Deltek Open Plan, Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera, Deltek wInsight, Deltek Costpoint, Microsoft Excel, and SQL Scripts
Pros
various client in different cities - travel
Cons
travel
Deltek Summary
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Nice place to work if you don't mind having little to no job security. Deltek is not an employer that looks out for its employees. It's about Deltek first, and you second. if you're comfortable with that then go ahead and sign up.
Fun Dynamic Work Environment
Director of Pricing (Current Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 22, 2015
Classy organization. Great Professionals. Competent Managers. Good working environment. High Tech workplace. Monthly meetings to properly assess work load.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Low Pay
Great work-life balance but bad ownership
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 21, 2015
The company went public then private and it it all came downhill. But for a company in this area, the culture is very good and it takes good care of its people.
Pros
Open space, break rooms, gym
Cons
Frequent turnover of Execs/ownership
Deltek
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
A lot of the culture at Deltek is really good. They do have a great home life balance. The people who work there are mostly great people that will go out of their way to help you. As a worker, we had the ability to help define our job as long as it was to the greater good or the organization. My co-workers are some of the best people I ever had the privilege to work with. The only negative I would really say is that while upper management gives the impression that they care about everyone, if as an employee you are not in the growth or revenue portion of the company then you needs are mostly ignored. As a company that is growing with plans for the future, at times it needs to look back over its own history to see what it did well and not so well before engaging in more acquisitions. Layoffs have been common at my time at Deltek. Rarely will you see upper management take the blame for another departments under performance.
Pros
Great people top to bottom
Cons
Upper Management disengaged at times with employees
co fosters growth
Test Engineer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 2, 2014
i had a great stint here. was able to move around in different positions (ie, once i mastered one, they let me move on to another). they made sure you have everything you'd need available on campus (ie, credit union, store, onsite vendors, gym, game room)
Pros
great people, great work
Cons
bonius and commission structure sucked
No internal promotion
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 23, 2014
They do not hire within and do not value long term employees.
Pros
Worked at company for 14 years.
Cons
Family was not first and long term employement no guarantee and no promotion within
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 21, 2014
This company is wonderful. They are really big on job work/life balance. Always displayed how employees are valued and also very flexible.
Great Company
Sr. Scrum Master/Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 7, 2014
This is a great company to work for. The group that I worked for at Deltek Information Solutions is an excellent group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deltek, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9