Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

demanding job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 12, 2018
job required daily deadline to have required work completed and ready for shipping. managed up to 50 people at one time with five different departments. very stressful job.
Stressful and Micro-management
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNFebruary 9, 2018
The manager plays favoritism. If you fall in his list of favorites, you pretty much can make any of your co-workers' life miserable because you know the manager will back you up.
Relationship between co-workers are terrible
I couldn't get out of there soon enough
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
A long time ago
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 30, 2018
In the day, in my opinion Deluxe was best in class. The investment in safety, people, process, tools were second to none while providing growth to earnings.
My Deluxe Experience
Universal Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2018
My Deluxe experience was great in the way we were trained. I feel as if we were fully trained for our job. However, there was always a high turnover rate at Deluxe.
Pros
Great Training, Great People.
Cons
Not a lot of advancement. High turnover.
The customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2018
While the work environment was amazing, the marketing office sets the cuatomer service reps up to be yelled at, we send very vague ads out and customers call in expecting a very low price which is not the case. It is assumtpive sales, so you are suppose to speed through a script and try to pretty much talk old hard of hearing people into spending 100$ on checks and the checks themselves are only like 49$.... Its very..... Hard but the co workers and the office its self is fun and relaxed.
Pros
Parties, Pto
Cons
Assumptive sales, and Customers
Experience with Deluxe
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 14, 2018
It was a descent work environment. It was fast paced, and easy to learn the day to day assignments. My training was good and easy to catch on. Everyone made it a pleasant experience.
rolling through resources
SR Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 9, 2018
turning back into the annual purge of employee environment. On the brink of always failing. I don't have anything else I feel comfortable talking about.
Pros
good pay
Cons
crazy environment. You don't know who will be there next week.
Typical Corporate - People are Great
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAJanuary 7, 2018
It's all about the numbers. Layoffs every year just before the holidays. Peers are great. At my location their are many left from the NEBS days, prior to the Deluxe buyout - but had great relationships with some of the Minnesota partners, too. I will miss my work-friends and the challenge of an interesting job. Even thought it's convenient, this is the second layoff for me from Deluxe. I will look elsewhere now.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Yearly layoffs
Good Benifts
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MAJanuary 3, 2018
The business offers good benefits, but the management stinks. There is little to no tolerance for taking time off if you don't have earned and/or if you are late. Even with dedication the company can make it hard to stay motivated.
Productive, collaborative work envirnoment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Management at Deluxe supports and encourages full disclosure of business goals and processes.

Immediate managers are available whenever an associate needs to discuss and issue or project.
Pros
Very good benefits, competitive pay, encouragement to grow your skills
Excellend environment to work in, learned a lot
Knowledge Engineer and Trainer in IT (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 25, 2017
I was given man opportunities to learn and move int different positions. It helped me understand the business and IT world a lot better. They outsourced he IT dept so we wer managed by people in another state. I am not sure they understood the check business.
Pros
Stock options, free checks, felxable work hours.
Great Place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working with deluxe it was a great place with great people but the overall company tries to keep it going on a shoestring. Old equipment and an old company mentality,
Nice company to work for
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the employees that I worked with, it is just not the job for me. I need do more then what the position has to offer. I like to multitask and be working in a fast paced environment. My position was very limited and the opportunity to move with in the company is not as easy as they said in the interview and training.
Pros
3 weeks vacation to start
Cons
Very difficult to advance with in the company even with my other skills and experience.
Stressful and high paced
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 13, 2017
The work is very high ace and stressful you have to keep machines running through lunch and breaks and downtime is still something your held responsible
Deluxe Corp
Loyalty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Groton, MADecember 12, 2017
Work hard, get noticed less. Managers take credit for your work, and lie. Rude, competitive and drama. Stressful environment, and unfair working conditions.
Pros
Secure Building
Cons
Can't use bathroom more than 3 times a day without doctors note.
Very excellent company to work for.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHDecember 12, 2017
All of us employees were treated so well. We would start out as Temp Employees and then the company would hire us and treat us very well. I fixed computers, I helped people with their software, I have so much knowledge of Excel where it was used for tracking orders. I made a program to help keep orders versus time by employees tracked. This company treated all us employees so well and I had a great time working there.
Pros
Breakfast was provided by giving us donuts.
Cons
No cons.
Great work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2017
I loved the company and staff. The company had great benefits including insurance and paid time off. good schedule and training. I really enjoyed working for this company
Learn and Leave
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 4, 2017
Learn all you can here but, give yourself a set of goals and get out. The company does have a desire to innovate which is good. But remember they can innovate your job right out of existence. So learn and leave.
Pros
The people, learning different technologies and methodologies.
Cons
low pay, long hours, job insecurity
fantastic place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 1, 2017
the job at deluxe corp was amazing. i made many life long friends there. deluxe was a very positive place to work and it reflected in how we treated our customers. with honesty, integrity, and willingness to serve. it could be a stressful job sometimes, but our team was always there to support us and i loved how deluxe was constantly giving back to the community. We were constantly involved in programs to help others in need.
Pros
free lunches, gift cards, and prizes. also charity giving was awesome!
Great people to work with
JAVA Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 29, 2017
I would like to work for them longer, but unfortunately the company refinanced. It is a good place to start your career, since I have learnt a lots, and fun workplace with ping pong table

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.