Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews for Sales

Worst Experience of my life
Sales / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groton, MASeptember 15, 2017
Spent several years working for the company just to have benefits stripped away and then to be laid off. Time off for my own wedding was refused and I had to use sick time which could eventually had lead to my termination. The atmosphere felt somewhere in between a prison and a high school. I would never recommend this company to anyone. If they have to ask if you think they care about their employees, then they clearly don't care that much.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Sick policy, non flexible hours, low pay and poor raises
Challenging but Rewarding
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 21, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. Employers are very positive and motivating. However, it is a very challenging job with your goals always climbing. If you love sales and the challenge of exceeding sales goals this is a great job.
Pros
Friendly, encouraging staff
Cons
Very high expectations
Wanting to advance.
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJJuly 26, 2017
This position was lacking in opportunities to advance. I would like a position that has more room to advance. I would like the opportunity to move up in the company.
fun, exciting and will keep you focused
Certified Sales Consultant for Small Business (Current Employee) –  GSO-NCJune 5, 2017
Working here brought out a person I never knew I knew before!! From Management to the consulting team ourselves we all work hard and fight harder to achieve personal and company goals! its actually a GREAT PLACE TO WORK! DISCLAIMER: NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Great company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company nearly 20 years ago. Was hired right out of college and enjoyed the company culture. Had great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Haven't followed the company for several years, so I don't know how much things have changed. Great first job out of college.
tedious job but good benefits and culture
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAMarch 29, 2017
I worked in the call center and found that I was not suited for the position. I only worked here 8 months, but the people are awesome and the company has a good culture. Benefits are good.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
being monitored all the time.
Deluxe is a good company, great benefits, good co-workers and Management
Senior Gold Custom Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 10, 2017
A typical day begins with signing in and getting on computer and phone immediately, after call, talk time, break schedules all monitored on a timely basis..High sales goals to achieve bonus.. Calls monitored for accuracy. Most managers were pretty good, not too much micro-management, unless employee needed help to improve. Workplace culture, had great co-workers that made the job more fun. The hardest part of job, keeping up the continuous pattern
of repetitive calls in certain departments.
Lots of good training to keep up on continuous new programs.
Most enjoyable part was working with the customer to build their business.
Pros
good bonuses and employee engagement, good healthcare
Cons
lots of turnover, and over the top expectations
Work was productive and fun with flexability
IT Manufacturing Solutions Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 2, 2017
Enjoyed working at Deluxe for many years and meeting lots of great people along the way. Learned a lot of Technology along the way.
Great place to work, if you are good at Sales.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 15, 2017
The people here are just simply the best. The interview/application process is extensive, but worth it. They hire only the best of the best. There are parties and fun events going on and it keeps the work day fun.

It is difficult and sales reps can sometimes be talked down to if they aren't reaching their goals.

Team leads and coaches work with you to help you meet your numbers.

This job is also good for people with good time management skills.

Good job all around.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great pay, great people, fun parties/events
Cons
Strict no cell phone policy, structured environment, can be tough if you aren't suited for the job, weird shifts
A Company in Transition
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day includes multiple cross-functional internal conference calls interspersed with communication with my key accounts and prospects. I have learned how to work with a variety of personalities and skill sets and keep the team focused on goals. Management has been inconsistent. I have had 5 Managers in 4 years. This has been the most challenging part of the job: cohesive and consistent leadership. The most enjoyable part of my job has been helping the Fortune 500 achieve their strategic goals by partnering with Deluxe.
Pros
Autonomy, Closing deals
Cons
Inconsistent leadership, Limited investment
Great to place work and wonderful people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 21, 2016
Everyday is a busy day with many calls coming in. The people here are great and are always willing to help one another. I could always talk to management if I needed assistance with benefits or any time off.
Pros
Always did raffles and lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Good place to work.
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 3, 2016
Deluxe is a call center for business and personal checks. They are very hard on you to push their other services other than checks. They listen to every phone call and make sure that you are doing what they ask of you.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Micro management
Very positive work environment.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2016
The company provides flexible shifts and a great working environment. The benefits were the best I've seen. They really take good care of the employees.
Just a call factory
Inside Sales - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 21, 2016
The Inside Sales Representative job is a joke in Colorado Springs. They really market "the culture" at Deluxe, both on their career website and on the first day when all the management come in and try and prop up working there. Reality is a different story. It's a call factory job with little chance for advancement.

It's possible to make decent commission monthly, but hard to maintain as they will raise the quotas on you if you do consistently. If you don't, you will effectively get demoted to the lowest tier of four there, which is fielding only customer service and billing-collections calls for @$11.00 an hour. Your bonus then comes out of how much revenue you collect. I didn't go there to work collections so I resigned once I got demoted for barely missing my sales quota only after a couple of months working there.

There is no chance of advancement in this center. The few managers are all lifers. There are some support jobs, but they all seem like lifers. The only possible advancement I saw was outside that center within Deluxe elsewhere in the US or Canada

The worst part of the job was selling $5.00 advertised check orders. These don't meet near the minimum per-sale amount to qualify for any commission, and end up hurting you. The customers who order these are largely on fixed incomes and don't want to buy the optional garbage Deluxe pushes you to sell, namely a check fraud protection service.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, get to leave early or take unlimited unpaid time off. Good benefits. Paid week
Cons
Dead end job. Employee benefits costs eat a large part of low wages. Little chance of growth.
Review 1
Account Creation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Groton, MAJune 17, 2016
Good Place to work, compensation can be better. The employee benefits are good as well. I like working here, Just wish they paid more.
Great Culture
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2016
Good company, great culture. Ping pong table, compensated well. Disappointed they closed the Charlotte office. I'll definitely miss the people.
Learned a lot , management and sales were great
Internet Marketing Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 19, 2016
Great management and training I grew a lot here. A lot of team building and room for growth , if I stayed in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Great incentives :Travel and Benefits
Cons
Turn over
Great company, not so great job.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 31, 2016
Working in the call center was not all that great. It was VERY repetitive answering the phone and if you didn't succeed in making the correct sales pitch and angering the customer you didn't do your job. Management was supportive but their morals and ideas of trapping sales was a little unorthodox. The benefits were amazing but pay decent.
Greedy Company
Inbound Sales - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 7, 2016
A typical 8 hour day at Deluxe is phone call after phone call and being expected to make a million different sales pitches even if the customer is in a hurry or turns you down. They expect you to make each phone call at least 10 minutes long and all they're after is getting the customers information so they can make another sales pitch. Was not happy with them at all. Very micromanaged.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great people within
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 20, 2015
Deluxe can be a great company to work for if you are motivated and willing to put in the work. They have a great group of employees and many friendships are made here. The only setback is that it is a corporation and there will always be changes and restructuring. Sometimes even the best and hardest working people can be impacted and let go with only a few weeks notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8