Deluxe Digital Studios Employee Reviews

Great technical training but slightly un-organized workflow.
Digial Media Tech, QC, Delivery (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 26, 2017
Sign in, open work availability document or complete task(s) from previous day. We were hired to QC, clean, package and deliver all digital media assets for the Star Wars Itunes release.
Pros
Great technical learning.
Cons
Archaic workflows in regards to shared portals.
All the job with the fun sucked out of it.
Sr. Audio/Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJune 17, 2017
Started out as a small company that kept getting bought out. After a while the cool google style atmosphere, playing around with hacky sacks stopped and everyone had to pretend to have an MBA and be "professional" b/c that's what the big boss did. He liked yes men and those who became one despised themselves mostly, Those who didn't just became silent workers. Sad to see a once happy group of people turn into the office space we all are way too familiar with.
Pros
People
Great kitchen
Authoring Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
High pressure under a heavy workload, open area environment means constant scrutiny by overbearing management means a stressful day under the best circumstances
Pros
free breakfast, nice kitchen, modern up to date equipment and latest software
Interesting experience
Freelance Subtitle Editor (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 20, 2016
I translated TV shows using subtitles Softwares. I enjoyed it and enjoyed editing others' subtitles.
Hired then Laid off type of work.
Incoming Asset Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 6, 2016
It was a great job if you could stay on. They would hire people for a certain task then lay off as the job was complete. You never knew if you were on the chopping block. They moved me from department to department and not one raise in the years I spent there.
Pros
Summer desserts. Reasonable time off and benefits. Great work environment.
Always an adventurous work day.
Senior Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 5, 2015
Fun and friendly environment. Great pay with great management/leaders.Always a daily workload to keep you busy and make the day go by fast.
Pros
Generous company
Cons
Many changes
Fun coworkers, stressful work
Part-Time Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
The people there are truly enjoyable to be around. The work itself could often be stressful, as several clients and projects were undertaken without the resources available to realistically meet deadlines.
Productive. Fast Paced. Enviroment
Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  2400 W Empire Ave Burbank, CAJuly 21, 2015
I was able to meet and work with a very smart group of people. My skills and opinions were valued and appreciated, as well as challenged. The environment can be comfortable and welcoming with weekly lunch parties and treats while always staying alert.
Pros
Great People, Free Lunches
Cons
Demanding Hours
High energized, fast moving, constantly evolving enviornent.
Video And Audio Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Deluxe DDG, Moosic, outputs record setting deliveries to many well known media portals.
Good people on the front line, very corporate at the top.
Technical Video Lead (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 18, 2014
The people that do the work are great and work well over all. A very top heavy corporate atmosphere in terms of management.

The tech is top notch and you can learn quite a bit there when given the chance.

Personality clash is unlikely at the workforce level and everyone is generally well versed in the job required of them.
Good Place to get your feet wet
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 21, 2014
Fast paced environment with customer service oriented attitude. Because the expected service to the client was 24/7, it became impossible to have a life outside of work.

Immediate Supervisor was the best but Upper Management is not so great. Company is top heavy.

But I will say that I learned a ton about the Entertainment Industry and post production for Home Entertainment. I learned how to think on my feet, be calm under pressure, lead a team of highly skilled editors, report to many management levels, learned billing and forecasting, as well as fostering good relationships in the process.
Pros
atmosphere, colleagues, type of work (movies! who doesn't love that?)
Cons
long hours without possibility for bonus or overtime payment
iTunes Packaging and Delivery Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CaDecember 10, 2013
A typical day was productive and enjoyable. Company morale was always high.
Hardest working people in the industry.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 24, 2013
Great opportunity and experience. Long nights required but payoff is fulfilling.
Each department is different
Billing Coordinator/ Sr. Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank / Hollywood, CAAugust 7, 2013
Each department creates it's own atmosphere. Some are more conservative than others, while still maintaining a fun and entertaining place to work. This company has benefits including different healthcare providers to choose from, dental, and a 401k. It never boring. Fast pace environment where you need to learn and adapt quickly.
Pros
Working with major Hollywood studios and company benefits
Cons
Parking (on Hollywood Way) - long hours
Look Elsewhere
Media Quality Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 15, 2013
This company only cares about the bottom line, the culture is horrible.
Pros
Cool Employees
Cons
Horrible Culture
An enjoyable workplace
Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 10, 2013
I was an asset retrieval specialist for film and tv digital files. I learned multiple database systems. I worked Graveyard Shift alone and required little or no supervision. The hardest part of the job was when the database systems went down, which was frequently. My coworkers were good employees but I rarely saw them because they worked the first 2 shifts before mine. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling I was part of a team, and the independence I had as the only one on the Graveyard Shift.
Pros
Frequent Company Sponsored Events
Cons
Lack of Communication within department
They Took Over my old Div of Panasonic DVCC
Senior Director/Client Services and Operations (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA.April 9, 2013
They Took Over my old Div of Panasonic DVCC
Overseeing Production and sales/Marketing
Management was good
Making deadlines was the hardest
Everyday was enjoyable
Productive and educational place to work
Ingest Operator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 14, 2013
I've had the great opportunity to meet some talented and friendly people during my time at Deluxe. Management has been fair and understanding of work/life balance for the most part. The company, however, doesn't seem to value developing talent, rather bring in temps and outside hires for new position openings. Upper management rarely interacts with lower level employees and a "silo" philosophy of departments makes working with different departments a challenge.

Overall, Deluxe is a very good company that could be a great one.
Pros
great co-workers, flexibility, decent benefits, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no bonus or guaranteed annual cost of living increase, advancement difficult, employer values new hires over developing current talent.
Busy work environment
Avid Editor / VDC Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2012
When working on deliverables I followed the same structure and workflow to provided quality for our clients. Jobs were always completed on time and help was always around from other co workers. We were all there to help each other.
Pros
all equipment to work with was top of the line, made the workflow easier.
Cons
miss communication, passing off jobs that were not finished, night shifts and low paying for high quality work, clients handning in work late and changing what they wanted last minute for deliverables.
No growth, no flexibility, over-worked and under-paid
QA Lead - Digital Media (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 28, 2012
No growth, no flexibility, over-worked and under-paid.
No growth, only upper management gets credit.
doesn't pay market, no hikes ever,
promised bonus never paid...do not sign up offer letter with 20% bonus, because you will never get paid.
no working from home, need to put min 9hrs everyday..no promotions, no perks
Cons
poor pay, upper management takes credit, no growth