Deluxe Entertainment Employee Reviews

its gotten better but still not a great place to work.
IT (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 20, 2017
Since we have a fairly new CEO and CIO things have changed but this company still needs a lot of work. before last year I had only gotten one pay increase in around 5 years of service.
Job security is based on hoarding knowledge and being buddies with the higher management.
Benefits are OK, Pay is on the very low end, borderline underpaid.
They do not want to provide training to help increase employee knowledge. it appears they view employees as an expense instead of an investment.
Pros
free bagels every Thursday
Cons
bad pay, promotions are based on who you know.
Good place to work, with good people.
Prequal and Encoding Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Evaluating various tape elements for encoding. They trained me on encoding with various equipment. Managers are wonderful but you must do your job. They will work with you if you are having difficulties. They are proud of the work they do and continue to strive for excellence. Keeping errors to a minimum. But the people you work with are very helpful and nice. They were flexible with my hours.
Pros
working with good people. Good benefits.
Cons
This industry is in flux and if you are in the wrong department you could be laid off.
lack of management
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  hollywood wayJanuary 30, 2017
the work you do there is not rewarded by anybody.... feels like you are working in a cartel/family business .... the higher ranks bring in their connections and people and whoever is outside of their circle is not welcomed and appreciated
Good Company
Project Specialist Archives (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Enjoyed working with the people at Deluxe Ent.and management was good.
They treated everyone good and every Monday they would treat all the employees with donuts or bagels.
Pros
People were all very good to work for.
Productive and fulfilling
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 7, 2016
Great company with good benefits and culture. Work is fast paced and lots of multitasking digital and physical workflows with current season delivery of Television Series for Warner Bros.. Very positive and creative co-workers and management.
Great starter lily pad job
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2016
Every bad review is probably accurate. I left because I got caught in the night shift matrix, and there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

You have to see it for what it is though and find the silver lining. Deluxe was a great way to network in the movie industry. I had a great team, left with strong colleague relationships and was elevated to a higher level of professionalism than when I came into it. I learned a lot about online streaming which is important in my personal career goals. If you're really proactive and work in accounts, it's an opportunity to build relationships with major studios.

There is a high turn-around. Always a revolving door of people leaving, and I think the company runs in such a way that they don't care, knowing they'll always get new people coming in. If you want lifelong job security, prepare to be frustrated, but many of those people who left went on to better jobs. So join the Deluxe team to gain experience and get a gold star on your resume for the better job that comes after Deluxe.

In that way, it's not terrible for a job of 1-3 years. The benefits are good, free food, relaxed environment and funny fanboys. The pay could be better for the work you do, but it's liveable. Short-term stability if you're tired of background casting.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No job growth
Fun working environment
IT Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 9, 2016
When I worked at Deluxe it was really fun and relax, the management was great with flexible hours and a lot of opportunity for growth.
Pros
free lunch, over time.
Good working relationship with co-workers and supervisors
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Norvale, New JerseyMarch 19, 2016
I have good and outstanding relationship with my co-workers. Learned a lot of things about billings and the technology involved in the facilities.
Disappointing
account manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 24, 2016
At first I thought wow what a great company and had the best manager! Until they let him go and some new people started to come in! Management really sucks now and most of the higher ups are not knowledgeable at all and do whatever they want and spend company money! They over work and take the last drop outta you and just dump you! They don't appreciate anything and are very unfair company. So sad to see this company turn out to be such a horrible place to work for. Not a good place to work if your married or have a family (lots of cheating going on there too)
Pros
Hmmmm....
Cons
Too many to list
Dreadful environment
Customer support (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ohioJanuary 11, 2016
The moral is horrible. Management is very secretive and very unappreciative. Most of the good employees were fired during the merger with Technicolor, and the rest left because they couldn't stand to work there one more day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
moral, no advancement opportunities, no rewords, no raises
Final colorist
Upper Tech (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 31, 2015
It's a heartless company and they don't care if you have a family or not. Management in the most part don't know what they're doing. I was laid off because I was more the older and higher paid employee and replaced with someone younger for about half the cost. Yes it's business but the heartless comes in when they don't care if you have a family that you need to support. I was not even offered any lower position for less money or the same job at less money . If that was my alternatum then I would've taken a lower position just to stay employed. I tried for about a year to get back into the company, applying for jobs I was well qualified for and never hearing back. The company is ruthless and coldhearted so if this is a company you want to get involved with make sure you just get involved for the experience and prepare to move on
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management and the heartless employment you will experience
Bad experience overall.
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 10, 2015
I have to give management 1 star for the way I was treated.

Very high turnaround. No room for advancement. Overworked, long hours with little compensation.
Pros
A few nice co-workers, and bagel day.
Cons
Incompetent management that will treat you horribly.
Amazing people work here.awesome place
Project Manager Digital Meta-data project (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 12, 2015
great creative work environment . Good training on the job. they care for their emps. The worst part about the company is that ship all work over seas and have lay-off very often.
Pros
fun work environment and people
Cons
The industry is very fickle and unstable.
Fun place to work for
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Great co workers passionate people
love the work

hardest part of the job was tight deadlines

most enjoyable part was the industry
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Amazing environment and professional attitude
Linguist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Great environment and professional attitude to all employees.
This company has a high standards and it has only qualified employees.
Slave Yard
Operations Quality Control - Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Burbank CaliforniaDecember 19, 2014
No room for advancement, handholding babysitters for management that are incompetent and have no idea about VOD workflows. There are a few good people there but not many, and the pay sucks.
Pros
free food
On-site post production unit
Senior Engineer, Encore Hollywood/Production (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 25, 2014
Manage client data source. Making sure files are intact and accessible with DITV ingest program. Support all windows, OSX and linux OS systems. Maintain storage and though put read/write speeds. WIth audio formats and verifying phase coherent mixes. Finally combining all elements to the final assemble to tape. Through all stages of files, color and editing. You learn what is compatible and how color represents reality. Everyday, you learn how cameras are capturing live action and color to the file type format. The hardest part of the shift is keeping up with the every changing workflow. But, during each change you find better ways to adapted and to improve the work flow. If you don't have the staff, knowledge and support. It will holdup the production.
Pros
Working with technology
Cons
Limited resources
All about cash flow
Director of Credit and Collections (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 4, 2014
Leading a team of professionals to identify collection issues, work to resolve the issues with the business units and maximize cash collectiions.