Deluxe

Deluxe Employer Reviews

Sales
PARTNER ( Sales REP ) (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Responded to 50-60 inbound calls daily.
• Responsible for quality control in regards to customer experience
• Up-sold and cross-sold merchandise and logos for businesses
• Recommended add-ons to increase sales
• Was recognized as the top Salesman every month reaching 800k a year.
• Recognized by Chief Executive Level for
An paper-age business struggling to adapt to an IT world
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible work day, decent benefits
Cons: lack of clear vision, old-school ways of business thinking
As Deluxe attempts to transform into an e-commerce platform provider, it is flailing through some growing pains. The company has lofty goals for its IT services, but has not found a viable model for interaction between its business stakeholders and IT department. Until that relationship gets sorted out, the IT department will continually be looked at – more... as an expense rather than an asset. – less
good benefits
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: no advancements
Ran the cafeteria, did the cooking, cleaning, inventory control, ordering. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day.
100 year old company trying to develop new products to stay relevant
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: still trying to reinvent itself
Great employees but constant lay-offs and changing environment.
Data driven work environment
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: declining industry
Great place to work if you are data driven and want to take accountability for your work.
The hardest part was the fact that checks are a declining industry.
There are a lot of learning opportunities if you take initiative.
A nightmare please run from
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsAugust 12, 2014
Pros: can schedule around family apointments, ect.
Cons: frequent write ups, final write ups and firings. not worth the application
A typical day on your first two weeks is a honeymoon. Your treated well, given a computer to play with, make friends, long breaks and lunches. Then the nightmare starts when you get out of training on to your assigned team. You have a minimum revenue and conversion to meet, as stated with some other revues, getting people to spend $100 or more on checks – more... is taxing, and you end up loosing a lot of calls. Then there is the "dirty" gates. And despite what management tells you, you get a lot of them. Meaning customer calls in on a order gate and just wants to know how many checks in a box, then hangs up. Your responsible to sell that customer.
Between day 60 and 90 of your new career at this company, you or your classmates will be written up for various things like conversion, revenue, being 10 seconds late from lunch. And yes it will happen. Then you will notice many people who were in your training class will either quit or be fired. The attrition rate at this company is a joke. Management lies to your face, writes you up and then your walked out. To give you an idea, they hire at least 3-4 times a year to replenish the ranks.
Believe me when I tell you, if your just looking for some extra cash for a few months, FANTASTIC, but if your looking to stay, look elsewhere for a company who really does care about you and your skills. – less
Post production work in Northern NJ
Digital Media Coordinator / Client Services (Former Employee), Northvale, NJAugust 12, 2014
An opportunity to get your foot in the door. There are not many places that do feature film post production work on the Jersey side. This is one of the few.
Advantages and disadvantages of a call center job
INSIDE SMALL BUSINESS SALES REP (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free checks, discount products and services they offer.
Cons: all day phone accountability with minimal breaks
It is a call center so I am tied to the phones all day. I enjoy talking and listening to the businesses and helping them in any way I can to grow or maintain their business with the products and services that Deluxe has to offer. I am in Deluxe's Ambassador program which helps educate and introduce possible new hires what the day and life as a Deluxe – more... employee is all about. I get an importunity to talk to many people throughout my day in all walks of life. Very interesting to hear about their line of work, how they have made their business so successful and the challenges they have had to overcome through out their years. I enjoy the interaction I have with people. Being on the phones all day doesnt give us the opportunity to be social with our co workers a lot of the time, although I have developed a great relationship with them in this past 1 1/2 years of working there. We do work in a team environment so we provide encouragement to each other. We have sales contests we strive for , incentive bonus as well as other spiffs that the Company may be offer, like Sporting event tickets, concerts, and Deluxe reward points for merchandise shopping. I strive to be a good listener, meet the needs of my customers and provide them with the best customer satisfaction I can under the Deluxe way! I respect my mangers, follow the Company policies, and have a great attendance record. I enjoy a more personal face to face interaction with people rather then on the phones. – less
Job that could not keep up with the times
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJuly 23, 2014
Selling checks and checking products to small business customers.

Management who did little to nothing to assist you. Managers spent on average around 6 hours per day in "meetings"

Promotions not based on performance, rather on gender.
overall a fun place to work with many pleasant co-workers
Customer Service/Customer Support Rep (Former Employee), Groton, MAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co cookout or outings once a yr
Cons: short lunch hr could never find a mgr when needed
I had 8 fax machines spitting out orders all day long. Sorted and delivered them to the coorrect departments. Ordered dept supplies. sorted all incoming mail and delivered to correct dept. Tracked lost orders and handled returns. I learned how to be a successful multi tasker. I earned respect from all of management because I took pride in my job. I – more... was liked by all my co-workers and known to them as the "go to person". I was most happy when I was extremely busy and complimented all the time for being laid back and handled pressure so well – less
Great Employee Rewards
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2014
Read Verbatim Scripts to new/ existing clients. Use descriptive words to select a check design,
Deluxe is one of the companies that does what it can for their employees.
Customer Satisfaction Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: the entire job from my co-workers to management
Cons: being laid off
Working for Deluxe was a wonderful experience. I had a lot of growth and ended up in a position taking supervisor calls. I enjoyed the people I worked with including the management. I was with Deluxe 9 years and planned on retiring with the company.

The hardest thing about working at Deluxe was being laid off. MY world was turned upside down. The thought – more... of not going into work at Deluxe was unimaginable.

I learned a lot in my 9 years with Deluxe and it was one of the best companies I have worked for. – less
good company to work for
Pressman (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAJune 28, 2014
i worked 16 years for the company and i have alot of fond memories there, from picnics to promotions.
TERRIBLE
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
By far the worst company I've ever worked for. Not only do they want us to lie to our customers and treat them like garbage, the employees are also treated terribly. They give you 4 minutes a day for personal time, such as bathroom (other than your two required breaks) and will fire you if you go over that allotted time. Of course any normal person – more... needs to use the bathroom every couple of hours but at Deluxe you can't unless you get a doctors not saying you can have more time during the day to use the bathroom.
They fire people left and right for no good reason except that they can. It is not a stable job and for the first 6 months of employment you're considered temporary, so like they did with me they can just fire you without giving you any warning or attempt to help you improve.
After the first 6 months, if you last that long, if your numbers are not where they need to be - you get a two week warning & if they're not pulled up in two weeks you're out of a job. If you want to work in a place where the company cares for their employees and actually want you to succeed, then this is not the place for you! – less
each day was not the same. the company was what you made of it.
Inside sales representative (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJune 18, 2014
Pros: limitless earning potential.
Cons: can work 3 months out of the year and make your entire commission
The company holds high value in its employees. The management staff has the ability to either build you up or tear you dpwn. Unfortunately they tore down the sales representatives more often then not.
Typical Call Center
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNJune 17, 2014
Good job they take care of their employees but its a typical call center
Challenging Position
Inbound Sales / Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSJune 16, 2014
I knew nothing about technical support prior to this position, but it has pushed me to learn and begin to master a new skill.
THE MORE YOU DO THE MORE THEY WANT
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Groton, MAJune 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything but the pay
TREATS EMPLOYEES LIKE A NUMBER.. HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW AND IF THEY WANT YOU GONE THEY FIND A WAY. HAVE SICK TIME BUT DON'T TAKE IT... IF YOU CALL OUT SICK THE MANAGEMENT TREAT YOU BADLY
Great company to work for
Client Sales Executive (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 11, 2014
Pros: truly cared about their customers
Cons: was really hit by the 2008 financial crisis.
Was a great company to work for and they truly cared about their employees and their customers. The only reason I left was due to the 2008-2009 financial crisis. Deluxe was hit awfully hard and had many layoffs.
Deluxe Corporation is a solid organization to work for
National Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: "the company provides good benefits and pays well for most positions
Good benefits
Flexible schedule
Base salary + commission
Nice facility
Sales contests with decent prizes

1 2 3 4 5

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more