Deluxe Employee Reviews

Fair company to work for
IT Reporting Analyst, IT Strategy & Planning (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2017
Deluxe is a fair company to work for. Management if forward thinking. Allowed to innovate, friendly and supportive team members. Hours can get to be long though.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not a enough time given for innovation of processes. Long work hours
People aren't valued
Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2017
Poor leadership where people are treated like assets to be layed off to cover the lack of organic sales growth. The company grows off acquisition but has no idea how to market the new products they acquire. Leadership is preached but micromanagement is practiced.
Pros
Fine if your just looking for a temporary job
Cons
Too many to list
Well run financially sound long time company
Commodity Manager - Indirect Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 31, 2017
Good solid company with better than average benefits and salary. Good location and high compentency level of coworkers. Middle management slow to adapt to positive change
Many opportunities to earn compensation
Senior Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 30, 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy a professional yet personable call center environment. Many departments, mostly related to customer service and sales.
tedious job but good benefits and culture
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAMarch 29, 2017
I worked in the call center and found that I was not suited for the position. I only worked here 8 months, but the people are awesome and the company has a good culture. Benefits are good.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
being monitored all the time.
Reliable income, great benefits.`
Prepress Mac operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. It is a great group of people. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for most of the job.
Pros
Reliable Income, Great benefits
Cons
overtime sometimes required and not optional.
Productive Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 28, 2017
In like the work, but management was not good . Management did not care for there worker like I think they should have. But I think I did my job very well.
I love my job but not the management
Rewards Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 16, 2017
deluxe has wonderful benefits and is a great company to work for. However, when it comes to having to miss a day for being sick, or leaving early for a doctors appointment, they do not accept doctor notes unless you have fmla or short term disability. Very inconvenient when you don't fall under those categories. If you request time off it is a pain because of the staffing. No one ever lasts. They're lucky if at most 1 or 2 (out of 8) agents stay from each class. Once new hires learn what it is really like, they leave. The products and services we promote are horrible. Everyday it is a Drag going into work thinking about the management in our department. The worst nightmare of our department is the support lead. Very unprofessional and they're on your tale about something new each and every day. When you do something wrong or get feedback, it's the end of the world yet they fail to congratulate you and give you kudos for all the right things you do. They micromanage 24/7 and they aren't on the same page on a lot of things. Funny though because half of the time they're just gossiping and being unprofessional and other times they disappear off of the floor doing God knows what. It takes forever for the lead to get back to ya about something. Not to mention they pay new hires more than tenured employees. The no fault policy for absences is a joke. Like give me a point for skipping work for vacation or etc but not for missing a day because I am sick.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Everything else, the pay
Deluxe is a good company, great benefits, good co-workers and Management
Senior Gold Custom Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 10, 2017
A typical day begins with signing in and getting on computer and phone immediately, after call, talk time, break schedules all monitored on a timely basis..High sales goals to achieve bonus.. Calls monitored for accuracy. Most managers were pretty good, not too much micro-management, unless employee needed help to improve. Workplace culture, had great co-workers that made the job more fun. The hardest part of job, keeping up the continuous pattern
of repetitive calls in certain departments.
Lots of good training to keep up on continuous new programs.
Most enjoyable part was working with the customer to build their business.
Pros
good bonuses and employee engagement, good healthcare
Cons
lots of turnover, and over the top expectations
Excellent place to work with great people.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 10, 2017
Excellent place to work with great people. To much turnover in management. Employee's are always waiting for the next lay off to occur. Makes it difficult to be fully satisfied.
Poor morale
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Townsend, MAMarch 8, 2017
Morale is seriously low, management is run more by the employees. I really have nothing more to say. I'm just going to keep ranting so I can go beyond this.
Great starting out kind of job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 7, 2017
Great first job for someone in high school, get to built your face to face time with people, as well as learning a different part of merchandising. Also if your done working you can catch a movie.
Work was productive and fun with flexability
IT Manufacturing Solutions Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 2, 2017
Enjoyed working at Deluxe for many years and meeting lots of great people along the way. Learned a lot of Technology along the way.
Great place to work, if you are good at Sales.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 15, 2017
The people here are just simply the best. The interview/application process is extensive, but worth it. They hire only the best of the best. There are parties and fun events going on and it keeps the work day fun.

It is difficult and sales reps can sometimes be talked down to if they aren't reaching their goals.

Team leads and coaches work with you to help you meet your numbers.

This job is also good for people with good time management skills.

Good job all around.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great pay, great people, fun parties/events
Cons
Strict no cell phone policy, structured environment, can be tough if you aren't suited for the job, weird shifts
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Being able to work at Deluxe Corporation is wonderful to me. Deluxe has a very friendly environment with friendly workers. Management at Deluxe is wonderful!
Standard Employer
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 10, 2017
You go in, do your job and leave. It's what you would expect a job to be. Most of the staff are focused and helpful at any level.
Not bad for entry-level work
Art Department (Current Employee) –  Groton, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Deluxe is a pretty decent company to work for so long as you don't get your hopes up. If you have skill, and keep your nose to the grindstone, you'll be just fine.

Deluxe does not have very much upward mobility that I can tell, so you cannot get in right out of school, and climb the corporate ladder here (unless you have designs on being a team leader, which is about all you can obtain).

Corporate leadership is severely lacking, leading to many confusing, and frustrating decisions that negatively impact morale and productivity. Typically once the poor decision has been executed, management does the best they can to support you and to put out the fire, and they do a good job of not blaming you for the fire that had to be put out, but nothing ever comes of it. No special bonus for going above and beyond the line of duty to serve our customers, just a "thank you, you guys are the best!"

Like I said, if you have skills, you'll do just fine, but job satisfaction can become lacking unless you just need a paycheck and don't want to work hard. This is not the place to be long-term if you are an ambitious person. This is, however, a great stepping stone location, as I've been able to stand on my own two feet for years now thanks to them, and while the job isn't all that fulfilling, it sure as heck beats being unemployed.

Stress is low, and the only people who seem to get stressed are the people who lack interpersonal skills, or perhaps simply have anger management issues.
Pros
Livable (if not great) wages, the coworkers are generally great people, and comraderie is relatively high. Tenure gets you great PTO benefits, perhaps the best I've seen.
Cons
Going the extra mile never pays off, upward mobility is almost non-existent within the company, so ambition does not pay off.
Good company
Small Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Good training. Minimal advancement. Small Business is where you want to be to maximize profits. Call center atmosphere.
Benefits
Cons
Management. Ethics
This company prints checks and checks are being used less and less. The work is slow so job security is a problem.
Maintenance Technician/welder and fabricator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 5, 2017
The job and culture are fine but job security isn't due to a dwindling demand for personal and bank checks. I'm lowest in seniority so my job may be eliminated.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Job security
Benefits are the only good about this company
Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2017
If you like saying the same thing over and over and explain it over and over and not be able to get off the phone if you have an emergency than this is the place for you.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7