Dematic Employee Reviews

Great company for single life
Senior Maintenance Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKMarch 22, 2017
Long term job with great benefits.. I enjoyed the job till I was injured outside of work. I'm unable return to the job duties I performed prior to injury
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Long hours for senior techs
Fun Place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 8, 2017
I worked in Gravity assembly during my first summer in college. Even though it was the night shift, I enjoyed going to work because of the people. The majority of the people I worked with were young and motivated like myself.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Work some holidays
Conveyor mechanic (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CADecember 28, 2016
Working for this company was very easy and i enjoyed working there i learn alot there and on my free time my lead would show me how to drive lifts and how to read the prints to what bed would come in next and to get the suport size for the bed and where to mark Centerlines and endo lines and just learned very fast and working with co working is very easy and fun getting to meet new people and showing me new things it was nice and the hardest part of the job was there was a time where we worked 10 hrs 7days a week for about 3 months its was hard cuz i didn't get to see my son and wife alot and i was very tired but it was worth it
Pros
Bring ur own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
None.
Communications & Training PM (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 1, 2016
I was not with Dematic long enough to provide a good answer. Overall, the company and its employees provided a positive environment. The company's leadership style was top down management rather than open book leadership.
Learning new mechanical skills
Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 18, 2016
arrive at work, pick work orders up start preventive maintenance, or what ever was needed. learned time management. Management could have been better.
Solid but boring
Dematic Sprocket EAM Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 5, 2016
Solid place to work with good job security but has a somewhat boring work environment. Compensation was good and so were the benefits.
Not a good Entry Level Position Job!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2016
Please don't waste your time thinking your going to advance quick in this company!! There is no extra pay for 2nd and 3rd shift. Management lied to me constantly. Just a Job.
Challenging work within a rewarding environment
Facility Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day involved pulling together equipment performance data and developing an action plan for addressing problematic issues. I would than hold a Tier 2 meeting and assign the supervisors the tasks to be completed as part of the plan of the day (POD). The safety topics of the day would also be discussed to include the previous days performance matrix. Data mining was used to uncover patterns not otherwise obvious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching and rewarding my employees for their accomplishments. A positive environment breeds positive results.
Pros
Team building, safety training, pizza parties, employee interactions
Cons
A steady workflow and productive enviroment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2016
Handling tracking far as reassuring that customers received their product.
I learn how to be organized and how to strategize more while working for this company.
Management is okay overall.
Co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
The job itself is pretty well-rounded not really a hard job to complete.
Working by myself no one really micromanage and that at gives me a sense of independency on a job.
Pros
Great opportunity at this company.
Fun place to work
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 30, 2016
Nice place to work but they decided to relocate to mexico.That going to put a lot of people out of a job
Productive and good environment for work
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2016
I like the work place and the facilities that are provided to help increase the productivity and concentration.
my colleagues are very helpful and optimistic.
my manager was professional and fair I learned a lot from him.
I have learned many things technical wise most important thing is researching and how to increase the efficiency of systems and make solutions.
the hardest part is the commissioning part of the project.
the most enjoyable part when the system runs smoothly and efficiently.
Pros
free pop corn, coffee.
Cons
health care.
Dematic some good some bad
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2016
Dematic is a great and frustrating company. Coworkers are generally awesome and almost always helpful. There is a feeling of we are all in this together. Compensation is good for what you are doing but it can be rather stressful. The cafeteria is pretty good and they have fresh cookies on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The negative side is often being called up in the middle of the night because of your expertise. Depending on your position you will travel a lot that can be good or bad depending on if you have a family. Management often feels like they don't care and the number of managers you will have won't feel necessary. Management is fairly hands off so you will be free to do your work without micro-management.

Doing it all over again this would be a great first job out of college.
fun place and great benifits
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 4, 2016
Great expirence given. Helpful co-workers and people willing to help on the job or off.Open opp. in different states open for you to travel.
Pros
great pay, permanent position
Cons
hard to get in
Productive and fun work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76244April 18, 2016
While only being able to work for Dematic for a short time due to family emergencies they are a very good company to work for. i would recommend working for them to any of my friends
Great Company for people to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAMarch 30, 2016
The day at work are good days. I'm always communicating with everyone in the work place. I have learned alot of things since I've been working at Dematic. The management is good so far. I find nothing hard about my job because I love doing my job. The most enjoyable thin
NIce people
Gravity Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 7, 2016
The management is terrible, they don't like to work with the union. The company does not care about its employees it's all about the money which is why they are moving to Mexico.
I love it
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Everyday at this job, I learn something new. My co-worked are amazing and a hard working team. It's a great company to work for.
not a fun place to work,they want dematic to be your life,not your family
Powder Coat Painter (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2015
I've worked at dematic for almost 30yrs, I enjoyed my first 25yrs It was a great place to work, then new management took over, and in my opinion there running the place into the ground. they built a factory in mexico, I'm guessing 1 yr from now they will be doing business from there.
Pros
pizza lunches twice a year
Cons
mandatory saturdays and sundays
Productive and fun workplace
SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT - A/R + A/P (Former Employee) –  Banbury, PAOctober 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics,but this is expected of a big company.
Typical old fashioned tech company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2015
- 25% Travel (Hardest part of the job)
- Not the best place to develop skills
- Easy to move up in the company
- Friendly co-workers and good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dematic. Our community is ready to answer.