Dematic

Dematic Employer Reviews

Hard Working enviornment
Gravity Conveyer Assembler (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2013
A good place to work, especially if you love working overtime and a fast paced work enviornment.
80% Project Management, 20% Technician Work
3) Write Documents

What is learned:
Some PLC technology

Hardest Part of Job:
Not doing any engineering work if thats what you enjoy.
Ok job, bad work hours
Maintenance Tech. II (Former Employee), columbus, ohMarch 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad hours
The work was not hard, but the hours were long. 12 and 13 hour shifts.
Source for weekly Dilbert scenarios
Engineer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids MIFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: clients still buy their products - once in a while
Cons: inept management, cyclical layoffs with no re-hiring after relocating personel
The worse managed company of its size, ran by ego centric sales men who don't have clue. They make the "Evil Director" look like a genius.

They spend huge amounts of money recruiter and relocating out of state employees, then lay them off leaving them stranded. This is their historical SOP.
Poor management
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 17, 2012
Cons: vacation time
Customer Service financial controller has lost 2 employees within the last 1.5 years due to poor management and horrible office politics. Want a new job within a year of starting?...apply at Dematic!
Good company
Architect of AGV systems - Manager of AGV software (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2012
Pros: training, tools, benefits
Cons: reactive and not proactive, not innovative
Dematic is a good company. However changes are made without caring for the consequences. Small savings that kill morale are frequent. A lot of people have been here for a long, long time,
Quite work enviroment
Maintenince Tech III (Current Employee), Etna, OHOctober 25, 2012
Most days are spent waiting for a breakdown. I tell people my position is that of a fire fighter. We sit in the shop all night waiting for a breakdown. We fix it as quickly as possible and avoid productions down time at all cost.
Fast Paced, Accurate
Electrician Helper (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good pay, many hours, fast paced enviroment
I ran seal tite, control panels, VFD's, DMC's, 110volts, 480volts, DC and AC voltages. DC 12, 24, 48's. Pulled wire through conduit and raceway. Wide variety of hand and power tools. Worked at various hights up to 40ft above floor.
extensive travel
Electrician (Former Employee), Minooka Ill.September 24, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: healthcare, retirement, travel
There is extensive travel involved and is not possible for me.
My experience
welder (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: ...politics
i really enjoy my job here at dematic i was once under the impression this company could take me a long way on my career, due to wages in weld shop i no longer think so. its taught me to be comfortable organizing and to work alone also to work with others in a team setting in a timly manner good attitude even uder pressure of meeting tight quotas while – more... maintaining high quality able to keep a clean working environment for safety able to take directions – less
A dynamic and well managed business.
Senior Administrator and Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Banbury, ENGSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: a well structured and progressive business.
Cons: warehouse moving off-site
A very well structured and organised business as expected from the efficiencies of a German company.
A highly skilled work-force enabled competition for the best tenders.
Empresa agradavel de trabalhar
Aux de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPMarch 7, 2014
Pros: vr
Cons: falta de comunicaçao
Eu acreditava muito com o crescimento da Empresa e que eu estaria engajada nela, as vezes era muito difícil de trabalhar la, mas adorava o que eu fazia, os colegas de trabalho eram agradáveis , eu me sentia útil, pois minhas atividades eram muitas, trabalhava no RH da Empresa, mas tinha muitas atribuições também era de assistente Administrativo.
Muitas – more... atividades estavam para serem feitas e para não ficar paradas e prejudicar o cliente ou fornecedor eu acabava fazendo.
Mas isso me deixava satisfeita no final do dia, chegava a ficar mais de 13 horas no trabalho. – less