DeMay Living Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good place to work and gain experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYApril 15, 2015
Day shift ran from 6am-2pm. Upon arriving to work I would get my care cart ready with toiletries for the patients. I was assigned to a group that I would have every shift and would assist each one of my patients in their morning cares. They would then eat breakfast either by themselves or with assistance. After breakfast some residents would go to activities or lay back down until lunch time. During that time residents that were able to would work on ambulating or have other cares done such as nail care or some of the women would have hair appointments. Residents would then have assistance getting ready for lunch and assisted in eating. After lunch they were assisted either to activities or to their room to lay down. At that time I would document their daily tasks and report anything that was not the normal for the resident. The hardest part of the job was having patients pass away. Even though when hired they say not to get attached it is very hard because for some of them you are their family. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each of them and things from early to mid 1900's. It was neat learning about their lives.
Pros
Always able to pick up extra hours
Cons
Short staff many times which added to teams work load
enjoyed working in this facilty. great activities programs.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day at work on the day shift was very VERY busy. We normally had a minimum of 3 appointments every week day that CNAs were responsible for getting residents to on time or to transportation on time. My nurse manager was very effective and able to resolve most situations making decisions based on facts.
not clean and neglectful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 14, 2013
not enough cna's per residents. gruelling work and uncaring :( environment.
Pros
residents were wonderful
Cons
too many to list
Nice Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYDecember 27, 2012
Great place. Its nice knowing you can make a difference in someones life.
Fun Place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 13, 2012
Report to work at 7am, hear about the shift report before. Then start cares of bathing, toileting, changing them, feeding them breakfast, then charting in the computer about your residents. Co-workers were nice to work with and very helpful, were always there to lend a hand. The most enjoyable part of my work day was seeing the residents.
RGHS is a great system to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Moore PlaceOctober 22, 2012
There is good oppurtunity to be had with RGHS. There is always a chance to further your career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeMay Living Center. Our community is ready to answer.

DeMay Living Center Reviews by Location