Demos Employee Reviews

Everyone gets treated equal
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsApril 1, 2017
For the ones who don't want to have to work minimum wage this is the best place to go for 6.5 hours a day and people are friendly to work with I recommend it
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Strict time
Decent place to work
Dishwasher / prep (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 15, 2017
It was always really busy and it was difficult to move up in the company at this job. The managers cut my hours down to 2 days a week. that is the reason why I left there.
Demoś was not at all what I thought it would be.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 18, 2017
Demoś how's the wonderful food and lunch specials, but for the employees it was a chaotic atmosphere at most times. Management was nice for the most part but unorganized.
Lot of Changes
Server (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 31, 2016
To many changes at once going on in the restaurant. New manager, new zone service, and added a new computer system. All during the holidays. Felt I could work some where with less in house changes going on for someone new to the area.
Cons
no breaks no team work
fun Place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 19, 2016
Great Money okay hours. THe company its self seems to be more profit over people. The Management team was not the best at that time. Really enjoyed my time here
family oriented and very loving atmosphere
Personal Assistant to GM (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2016
The management was everything and never put more on you than you could bare, upon my child getting sick there was a misunderstanding but overall i really miss the environment
no one really happy to be there. poor benefits
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 12, 2016
I dont recall a lot I was only here for a short time. But what i do recall is no one was ever excited to be there. Training was beyond overkill benefits weren't good.Other managers including GM always looking for a way out. May be better now this was 5yrs ago
Pros
good food
Cons
no vacation time until after a year. crew morale
ok
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 3, 2016
its an ok place for college students that need alil extra cash u get no raises and around 2 or 3 days a week working 6 amd a half hrs
Fun work place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2016
I learned great communication with different people, I also enjoyed meeting amazing people, and I also learned to treat everyone the same
Great people, good work.
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Insist on paying interns because of their mission. High level legal work and exposure to non-legal aspects of advocacy. Everyone is helpful and friendly.
very productive place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 5, 2015
I enjoy working for the Demos family for years now and am excited and motivated to work on a daily basis. I have been working there for 3 years. I enjoy the extensive training which I felt adequately prepared the various positions throughout the restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches, Free coaching, training classes, experienced staff, making new training easier.
Cons
short breaks for certain positions, Hard to rank up, very physically damanding
Server/Bartender
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 7, 2015
Demos' is a family oriented, home style recipe, restaurant with a heavy focus on customer service. It is a high volume and fast paced environment with affordable prices.
Great company to work with
Advantage Sales and Marketing - Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  all over the United StateDecember 8, 2014
Demo food and electronics. Excellent training if needed. Great company to work with. Enjoy meeting the consumers and informing them about the new products that are available.
Pros
great management teams
It was fun to interact with the customers
Server (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 19, 2014
The typical day at work is wasted labor, too many servers are generally scheduled throughout the week making it hard to make good money due to lack of business. It is a good job to practice people skills, interacting with customers daily. The management is terrible. The managers seem to not enjoy their job, hence their lack of motivation to do work. Everyone is always scolded about something, and it makes the workplace tense. The hardest part of the job is the constant lifting of heavy trays, it strains the back, but it is not that terrible. The most enjoyable part of the job, I work with my best friends, and it makes the shift go by faster and it makes it more fun.
Pros
fifty percent off food
Cons
short breaks, double shifts
Ranger Infantry Veteran
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2014
Two deployments. Advanced to Sergeant in 5 years. Received high marks in every class attended, including but not limited to multiple weapon systems training, survival and first aid, hand to hand training, and many leadership courses.
Horrible
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 12, 2013
this place is the worst place i have ever worked and its ridiculous how they run their restruant
Great culture and very well structured.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 24, 2012
- Most enjoyable part of the job is just honestly the interaction with custumers and the feeling you get making sure they leave happy!
- Hardest part of the job would be just the hours in general. About 65 a week on average.
- Fellow managers are awesome. We all have different managing styles. So we learn a lot from each other.
- I learned a great amount managing with this company. Its very structured and paying attention to minor details are key. I do Liqour, beer, and wine orders. Review sales of alcohol. Teach bartending classes, maintance of organization and cleanliness of bar.So in general just having major responsibilities.
Energetic Fast Pace Enviroment
HEAD CHEF (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro TNNovember 10, 2012
GREAT PLACE! I have everything that I know due to Demos'. I learned not only to wash dishes,cook,prep,fry,saute but I have also learned how go manage staff. I had to learn how to schedule staff without any gaps. Learning how to deal with situations with employees was a little different for me at fist!
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
stress
demonstrating products in a large area in different stores.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 5, 2012
demonstrating products in a large area in different stores.The provide the funding for the purchases of products to be displayed and ship everything you need to your front door.