Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union

Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Longest time I've been at one place
Administration (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2015
Pros: Pushing the envelope. Good benefits.
Cons: Sometimes a bit unclear on direction, that is: too many different goals w/o solid direction on where it's all going.
Been there for more than 15 years, the longest I've been at any employer. Active leadership keeps pushing for maintaining state-of-the art programming and development. Focus on our member needs.

Many of my fellow employees are great, making this a great place to work.

Very good benefits package...medical, dental, vision. Covers what I need, and for my family. Pretty low cost for the benefit.
Good, Solid Employer.
Professional in the Financial Services Industry (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, decent pay.
Cons: Sometimes management is rigid to change.
Good, solid organization. Decent pay, good benefits. Exceptional work/life balance because of generous time off allowances and paid holidays.

The most enjoyable part of working at Denali Alaskan is actually helping members achieve financial success.
High paced environment allowed me to expand and foster existing dealership relations
AVP of Lending (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: positive feedback from the dealership owners and general managers, invitations to functions and networking opportunities to better the relationships
Cons: pressured to do loans for consumers, not necessarily deserving of low rates and full loan approvals.
Very high paced, switched roles at any given moment. Allowed me to work with the Lending staff, as well as worked closely with Loan Administration, Collections and branch operations. I learned an amazing lending platform, Route 1 and Dealertrack processes. Expanded dealer network, and traveled a lot to visit and cater to the relationships. Management was great, great support staff. Loyal and hard working staff that I could count on. The hardest part was keeping up when volume was really high, the most enjoyable was working closely with folks I had done business with for many years.
Good, stable company that loves to have fun!
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 26, 2013
Pros: wellness program, life insurance, paid time off!
I have learned a great deal working at Denali Alaskan FCU.
The training they have available to better yourself in your position is phenominal. I love the Star 12 training program.

My co-workers are a lot of fun and I have made some great friends working here.
Compensation is okay
Records Management Specialist II (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 16, 2013
Cons: hostile work environments
There is job security in terms of always having work to complete and staying busy, but the supervisors hold themselves on a higher pedestal against their employees and degrades the overall office environment and employees.
Headquarters