Denali Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Denali a lot, I love working with my team, when just thinking about my team i don't want to leave. The reason i'm leaving is because i make a low salary. I needed to find a job that pays me a little bit more.
Credit Administrative Represenative (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 4, 2017
I'm very happy with Denali federal credit union in fact I would be sad to leave if life circumstances worked out that way. I feel they treat employees well.
Great Career choice
Financial Service Officer (FSO) (Current Employee) –  Eagle River, AKJuly 28, 2017
This job has taught me all the things about finance and important things to know that school never taught me including credit scores and why that is so important, investing, savings, and so much more.

This company has made me feel apart of a family and has been an absolute blast.

We have a Christmas party every year and all come together and hangout at the captain cook hotel and dance and eat all night.

This company is amazing
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Only in Alaska/Washington
Great company with opportunity for advancement
ATM Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 18, 2017
Very great company to work for. Excellent and friendly coworkers. Most amazing team I ever worked with. Would highly recommend this company for anyone seeking a great career.
Learning more and more about fraud each day
Risk Management Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 22, 2017
Fraud cases keep me busy. providing great customer service to others and providing a sense of relief for members in regards to check fraud, credit card fraud as well as providing assistance in the area of FRAML.
Cons
Low Pay
I adored this job. it was by far the best job I ever had.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 3, 2017
I adored my co-workers, I am still friends with some of them to this day. my bosses were understanding when my father passed away. the members are awesome and I just loved the whole experience. once a month the boss would take the whole branch out for dinner. amazing.
Pros
great bosses, great benefits, great atmosphere.
Cons
you have to be smart.
Comfortable place
Loan Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 25, 2017
This company wants you to enjoy your job and wants to make sure you take time away from work. Multi tasking is a must and assisting the member to the best of your ability is priority as well as branch goals to earn incentives.
not the best place ever to work.
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 8, 2017
i loved the people i worked with but that is the only con. They threaten your job quite a bit. The pay isn't great at all because they give incentives, but make it so hard to achieve anything amazing in compensation. Hours are not that great if you have a family. Some branches are open on sundays entire 10 hours and you work many weekends.
Provide leadership, guidance and growth to Branch Managers
Retail Sales Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AKFebruary 25, 2017
Provide leadership, guidance and growth to Branch Managers on a daily basis. Roll playing and training on credit union products and services. Morning huddles, get everyone pumped up and focused for the day. Study CRM, Sail and EXP to determine strategies for next step. Going over last 5 in ESP to determine what product or service a member should have been educated on and offered to.
Pros
Great leadership, work / life balance
Cons
Really isn't any
Challenging work place
Indirect Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 20, 2017
I learned a great deal about personal finance along with lending.
The Credit union is to small for upward movement.
Over all it is a good place to work
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to move up
Great benefits
Licensed Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 22, 2017
While the credit union has great benefits their downfall lies in their management. I worked for the company for almost 11 years and due to poor management the department never grew and therefore no advancement ever occurred.
Benefits
Productive and Fun
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
Denali is a great company to work for. You work in 4/10's, flexible if need be and the team management is great. The District managers and the assistant managers train you effectively to advance your knowledge on products. It's definitely a fun work environment to be in.
Awesome work opportunity
Branch Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKOctober 15, 2016
Denali was one of my favorite work places. They offered independence, career building, healthy competition, and plenty of opportunity for advancement!
Best work experience for management and inclustion
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 5, 2016
Denali has the right approach to financial services and products in that cross training is very strong. There is a true sense of team and inclusion at all levels.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Mcc
Member Call Center Inbound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 26, 2015
Management is rude and unprofessional. They have favorites in the MCC. If you are positive the management seems jealous.
Pros
Cons
Gossip and favorites
awesome workplace with knowledgeable co-workers
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AKMay 11, 2015
amazing company to work for, days consisted of helping members with personal banking, selling products and services as well originated loans and lines of credit to maximize member accounts
Pros
great opportunities for commission
Cons
Longest time I've been at one place
Administration (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2015
Been there for more than 15 years, the longest I've been at any employer. Active leadership keeps pushing for maintaining state-of-the art programming and development. Focus on our member needs.

Many of my fellow employees are great, making this a great place to work.

Very good benefits package...medical, dental, vision. Covers what I need, and for my family. Pretty low cost for the benefit.
Pros
Pushing the envelope. Good benefits.
Cons
Sometimes a bit unclear on direction, that is: too many different goals w/o solid direction on where it's all going.
Good, Solid Employer.
Professional in the Financial Services Industry (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 26, 2015
Good, solid organization. Decent pay, good benefits. Exceptional work/life balance because of generous time off allowances and paid holidays.

The most enjoyable part of working at Denali Alaskan is actually helping members achieve financial success.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Sometimes management is rigid to change.
High paced environment allowed me to expand and foster existing dealership relations
AVP of Lending (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 13, 2015
Very high paced, switched roles at any given moment. Allowed me to work with the Lending staff, as well as worked closely with Loan Administration, Collections and branch operations. I learned an amazing lending platform, Route 1 and Dealertrack processes. Expanded dealer network, and traveled a lot to visit and cater to the relationships. Management was great, great support staff. Loyal and hard working staff that I could count on. The hardest part was keeping up when volume was really high, the most enjoyable was working closely with folks I had done business with for many years.
Pros
Positive feedback from the dealership owners and general managers, invitations to functions and networking opportunities to better the relationships
Cons
Pressured to do loans for consumers, not necessarily deserving of low rates and full loan approvals.
Good, stable company that loves to have fun!
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 26, 2013
I have learned a great deal working at Denali Alaskan FCU.
The training they have available to better yourself in your position is phenominal. I love the Star 12 training program.

My co-workers are a lot of fun and I have made some great friends working here.
Pros
Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Paid time off!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denali Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Denali Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location