Dendreon Employee Reviews

Poor Executive Management
Director, Facility Operations (Current Employee), Union City, GAJune 10, 2015
Good product, good people, highly stressful with poor executive management. A tremendous opportunity wasted by greed.
No Comment
Manufacutring Associate (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 28, 2015
I had the pleasure of working in the company during good times, but the company had to many bad times and went thru many re-organizations, management issues.
Worse Upper Management ever
Director of Accounting (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good compensation
Cons: Everything other than compensation
Once you get past the compensation there is nothing good to say about Dendreon. The upper management could not be any worse if they tried.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee), Union City, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay, excellent benefit and good people to work with
Cons: Layoff
Walk the building every 2 hours
Everything doesn't work by the books you read
Good management
Co-workers became family
The hardest part of the job was leaving
The most enjoyable part of the job /Going to work
Needs a lot of work
Manufacturing Operations Associate (Current Employee), Union City, GAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: saving lives
Cons: everything else
Love the work that is done, very simple job. Management is the pits. They never have an answer or any sense of direction. Start out as temp and they tell you that after three months you will be made full time. Ive been there longer than three months and is still working as a temp worker.
Sr. Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2015
Had great experience working at Dendreon. Worked with a great group of people, and worked on critical company projects. Company only had one approved drug which made it vulnerable.
continuously changing
Manufacturing Operations Associate (Current Employee), Union City, GaFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: 25 cent beverages, and parties
Cons: 12 hour work schedules
A typical work night consists of a pre-shift meeting where the associates would be informed of tasks and changes for the night. Then after finding out what associates would be grouped together for production the associates then planned on what time they would enter the clean room to begin production.

Since working at Dendreon I have learned a lot about sterility, cell processing, material management, batch records, documentation, shipping and receiving, FDA inspections, and quality control.

The co-workers that I have met and worked with are like family to me and are treasured on many levels.

The hardest part of the job is the constant changes but you learn to adapt.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that the management team can relate and are willing to go the distance with you.
productive and life balance
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Productive and life balance. work as a Desktop support Analyst. Supporting about fifty users on a windows environment. Setup and configure mobile devices. Install and configure hardwares and softwares.
Horrible!
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: paycheck and the product
Cons: everything else
3 rounds of layoffs and bankruptcy, can this company get any worse before closing doors? This place is a joke! If your an experienced individual then don't waste your time. If you are a college grad then do it for it and gain some experience. Current management is worthless that's why they stick around, no one else wants them. All experienced managers mid and senior that was responsible for getting the facilities up and going have been let go in the RIF over the past few years others have left on their own. BEWARE.
I love saving lives
Manufacturing Operations Associate (Current Employee), Union City, GAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 10pm and we receive all of our patients' blood that we will be working with for the night. Then we go inside of the clean room to begin setting up for our process. A process can take about 4hrs to complete (from pre-clean to post clean). Our process is broken up into two days. On the second day, we finish up with the blood and ship it back to the doctor's office.
great place to start building laboratory and cGMP experience
Train and Assist (Current Employee), Union City, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: majority of the process performed at night
Dendreon is one of the first to offer Autoimmune therapy to patients. It has been an a very successful therapy and thousands of patients has benefited from it.
Good company
Cell Processing Associate (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJOctober 22, 2014
Dendreon is a good company to work for. The hours are alternative but it is to have work life balance. The management is typical for the pharma industry. The most enjoyable part or the job was the work culture.
suffering from poor management
Senior QA Specialist / QA Associate II (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2014
suffering from poor management
current employees are paying for past CEOs' mistakes
Worst Place I Have work do to Incompetent Lab Manager
QC Supervisor - Bioassay (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: benefit and salary
Cons: job security and management is the worst.
Work environment was good and co workers where nice and good. The problem was the QC Manager which was the over all problem of the Lab. No decision making skills, poor comunication skills and leadership skills. Plays favoritism with employees and promotes on that set only and nit the hard worker. If she doesn't like you, you are screwed, and your the person yo blame. Everything will have been better with out her.
Fun and freindly enviroment
Quality Control Bioassay Analyst I (Former Employee), Union City, GAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: company stability
Come in set up the instruments and get started. Very fast paced job with crucial hourly deadlines. Precision and speed are your best friend. Management is uninvolved. You have to rely heavily on your coworkers. Each person does a part of each lot. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if it will be there next week. the most enjoyable part of this job is the pay and benefits.
Management can not be trusted
Manufacturing Associate II (Current Employee), Union City, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: walking out the door
Cons: walking in the door
Case in point big recent snow storm in Atl, management sent out e-mails and voice mails asking workers to come in and stay at a local hotel or they set up an area in the building for to rest. Employees were told they would be compensated by being paid on a continuous 24 hour bases. THe storm lasted three days. Miraculously on the day the storm ended employees were informed that corporate would not pay as promised...they came up with a plan were as you were paid for the time you processed...On another note company had a prize contest if your ticket was pulled you one a prize. One person won an iPad another a large flat screen TV, well on their pay stub was the amount of the prize added in as gross income...surprise they had to pay the tax on the prize, no one was informed that this was how the prizes were to be dispensed.....Wow Shady very shady happenings
The only reason I gave one star is because you have to!
Manufacturing Associate I (Former Employee), Union City, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: schedule changes at the last minute, no breaks
Cons: good health benefits
Stay away from this company. You will overworked and underpaid. This company is filled with favoritism and nepotism. You will not be promoted unless you are Hispanic or buddies with a supervisor. At the end of each quarter the CEO, they lay off employees! BEWARE!! Even if you have experience, you will be working along side people with less experience, no degree, and getting paid more. You have been warned. Stay away from Manufacturing in Union City, Ga!
Dedicated and motivated work ethic
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAMarch 18, 2014
Providing customer service support.
Monitoring the EMS and the BAS system.
Issuing work orders
Closing work orders.
Planning Parts.
Ordering issuing parts.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: i had a four day work week and was refreshed when i did have to go back to work
Cons: they hours on graveyard were hard but i accomplished them
Dendreon has new Product for Prostate Cancer. It is effective and extends a Patients Life from a few months to several years. I loved working at Dendreon because I believe in their product. I felt like I was accomplishing something in my Life. for the benefit of Others. We had crazy hours swing shift to graveyard three to four times a week. My supervisors trained us well and we worked very Independently which I like. I worked with a all male workforce who I enjoyed and were fair to me. So many shift changes I worked five different shift times in the years I was there. I enjoy working three to four days a week the pay was excellent and they had good benefits. I loved what I did !!!
Productive, but sometimes crazy
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: got to work with old friends i have'nt seen in years
Cons: some friends never changed
Productive place to work, but at times to much time spent waiting for patiences blood work. A typical day would start off in a large room waiting for management, until their arrival opertor can look on a white board and see who and where they would be working that night. I learned the importance of team work. I learned that management can and should take cues from workers, for the most part many if not all my co-workers were hard working people I could count on. The hardest part of my job was knowing the patiences blood I was working on did'nt have much time to live, and the most enjoyable was that I in some way extented their life, if just for a few months.