Dendreon

Dendreon Employer Reviews

The only reason I gave one star is because you have to!
Manufacturing Associate I (Former Employee), Union City, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: schedule changes at the last minute, no breaks
Cons: good health benefits
Stay away from this company. You will overworked and underpaid. This company is filled with favoritism and nepotism. You will not be promoted unless you are Hispanic or buddies with a supervisor. At the end of each quarter the CEO, they lay off employees! BEWARE!! Even if you have experience, you will be working along side people with less experience, – more... no degree, and getting paid more. You have been warned. Stay away from Manufacturing in Union City, Ga! – less
Dedicated and motivated work ethic
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAMarch 18, 2014
Providing customer service support.
Monitoring the EMS and the BAS system.
Issuing work orders
Closing work orders.
Planning Parts.
Ordering issuing parts.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: i had a four day work week and was refreshed when i did have to go back to work
Cons: they hours on graveyard were hard but i accomplished them
Dendreon has new Product for Prostate Cancer. It is effective and extends a Patients Life from a few months to several years. I loved working at Dendreon because I believe in their product. I felt like I was accomplishing something in my Life. for the benefit of Others. We had crazy hours swing shift to graveyard three to four times a week. My supervisors – more... trained us well and we worked very Independently which I like. I worked with a all male workforce who I enjoyed and were fair to me. So many shift changes I worked five different shift times in the years I was there. I enjoy working three to four days a week the pay was excellent and they had good benefits. I loved what I did !!! – less
Productive, but sometimes crazy
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: got to work with old friends i have'nt seen in years
Cons: some friends never changed
Productive place to work, but at times to much time spent waiting for patiences blood work. A typical day would start off in a large room waiting for management, until their arrival opertor can look on a white board and see who and where they would be working that night. I learned the importance of team work. I learned that management can and should – more... take cues from workers, for the most part many if not all my co-workers were hard working people I could count on. The hardest part of my job was knowing the patiences blood I was working on did'nt have much time to live, and the most enjoyable was that I in some way extented their life, if just for a few months. – less
Fair
Manufacturing Cell Associate I (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Working for Dendreon was really interesting, Assocites there was awsome Management was great. But there was no stability.
Unstable job
Cell Processing Associate I (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: uneducated management team.
Unstable job and poor foundation of management. The product is great however, management team failed to build a good working environment for associates.
Rewarding environment.
Supervisor, Manufacturing and Supply Operations (Current Employee), Seal Beach, CADecember 19, 2013
A typical day consisted of constant priority changes. Everyday was a challenge but ended with a feeling of satisfaction. I enjoyed working in an environment where "patients first" was the philosophy. The biggest take away is all the talented people I worked with on daily basis. Individuals that came together to make a difference in someones life.
Great staff, Innovative ideas, Management leaves much to be desired
Manufacturing Associate I (Current Employee), Union City GeorgiaNovember 30, 2013
Pros: excellent time off and decent pay
Cons: poor management decisions being made continuously
This company in general, has an excellent platform to build from potentially. Sadly, as things currently stand, The company is not living up to it's full potential. If the financial and professional mismanagements continue, it's hard to say where this place will end up in the near future.
Company on the downward spiral
Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 26, 2013
Pros: good people - good product
Cons: everyone is maxed out and walking on eggshells
The company is having a hard time right now. They have had four reductions in force over the past two years and have let go with nearly 1000 workers. It's a good product, so I hope the company makes it. But I'm skeptical since they are not introducing any new strategies to turn the tide.
Very positive culture and fascinating science
Medical Director (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 20, 2013
Involved in Medical and Clinical Affairs. Good, driven people, and unique science. Skills have been expanded beyond previous experiences due to support or superiors and need to wear many hats.
Great introduction to the biopharmaceutical industry
Upstream RA I, Protein Product Development (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 19, 2013
The lab members were nice, helpful, and always willing to mentor me regarding laboratory practices, as well as abstract industry related concepts.
Fair
Senior Quality Assurance Associate I (Current Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 21, 2013
Fair company to work for. No job security -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
most enjoyable part of my job
Quality Control Associate II (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 11, 2013
I am glad that I am able to make a difference in someone's life
Great product, great people but lack of planning
Sr. Director, Quality Department (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2013
Dendreon is barely alive as a not so young struggling small Biotech that had too big of an ego and is now in a survival mode.
Manager with no manual labor experience
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: benifits, free lunches
Cons: management with no manual labor experience
Checked in coming inventory against the packing slip. Delivered inventory to various departments in the building.
Learned to read hazardous labels on trucks and products.
Management had no manual labor experience and didn't understand how to do the job. Got in the way more than helped.
Co-workers were great.
Hardest part of the job: Management with – more... no manual labor experience
Best part of the job: co-workers – less
productive place to work.
Maufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Union City, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: paid lunches, great benefits
Saving lives everyday is a great part of my work day. The most hardest part about my job was getting used to working overnight. My co-workers are the most helpful people to be about. My co-workers help step by step to make sue no mistakes are made. I've learned many aseptic techniques.
Nice workers/associates & work environment
Cell Processing Associate II (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJJune 20, 2013
The three years I spend at this facility were mostly positive. My coworkers were friendly and very helpful. I've made friendships I will cherish for life.
Great enviroment to expand my technical skills
Service Desk Analyst I (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 3, 2013
Pros: always learning new technical skills
Working was always something new and always came with its own challenges, which helped me grow and develop myself and my technical abilities.
Productive, innovative treatment, great place to work
Cell Processing Associate (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJMarch 31, 2013
Dendreon was a great place to work! Working as a cell processing associate allowed me to gain first hand experience of working in a clean room. The co-workers were wonderful and they trained everyone very well.
Best work environment, no stress at all.
Cell Processing Associate II (Former Employee), hanover njFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation, stress less
Cons: still struggling to get doctors to work with them.
it was an awesome company, however they things did not work out too well. The drug was very expensive, the problem was that some doctors shy away from the company due to reimbursement issues. My experience was a great one, wished they were still in nj.

1 2 3 4