Denison University Employee Reviews

At least you have fantastic co-workers
America Reads Tutor (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 12, 2017
I loved everybody I worked with at Denison. The salary, culture, work, and pay were not enough to merit me going back to work here-- truth be told I wouldn't even apply to work here again after my personal experiences there.

The pay needs to be better, the employment culture needs to improve, and even the student body culture needs very significant approval.

The largely white wealthy student body oozes entitlement and is incredibly patronizing to almost everyone, including faculty and staff. The largely white Christian fraternities are also disgusting and largely just an excuse for partying incessantly, there are huge mental issues amongst them being eating disorders, depression, anxiety, drug addiction, alcohol addiction-both binge drinking and otherwise.

The absolute worst thing is how permissible all these problems really are. It's unethical at this point. Both faculty and staff, even on the administrative enable and even encourage this culture to exist and grow.
Pros
Work life balance, you can help the lives of a few students
Cons
Culture, pay, bad leadership/management.
Great
Faciltities Services (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company good work environment excellent benefits. On job training great team work environment. fast paced work physically demanding plenty of overtime.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Great Place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHJuly 12, 2017
Did my BA here and worked on the evenings. Great environment, great people and great working conditions.
When I was working for the ML Department I was given a lot of freedom and responsibility which made the job interesting.
Pros
Free coffee
Great place to be
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHMay 30, 2017
Denison is a great place to work, study, and live. The job selection is pretty good and the pay is above average. The staff are wonderful and will help you with anything.
Productive and social place
Recreational Office Monitor (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHMay 27, 2017
I was able to efficiently balance this job with my other course work. The staff is strict about laptops and phones; however, for good reason. Overall, the staff wants you to take your job seriously for your own benefit. It was fun to greet your friends walking into the building and other guests that you could later befriend.
Productivity and fun work place
Spanish tutor (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHApril 26, 2017
It was great working with Denison University. I went to school there, therefore they adjusted my class schedule to my work schedule which was great. The wrk place was great and the bosses were always very polite.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great boss, great place to work
Director of Investments (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHApril 17, 2017
My favorite place to work during my career. I had a great boss, and board. Also, work life balance was terrific. Unfortunately, I was lure away by higher compensation elsewhere.
Flexible
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Granville, OH 43023February 17, 2017
Good job if you need flexibility with school, other jobs, or other activities. It is not too demanding but you do need to constantly be vigilant. Fun environment with the employees.
great place
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHJanuary 22, 2017
great place to work just had problems going on so had to quit but i would love to be able to come back and be a part of the team again
Lifeguarding at Denison Aquatic Center
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHSeptember 3, 2016
I loved the people who worked there and the management was super nice. The pay was just above minimum, but its a job designed for high school and college students. I had a great time working here and highly recommend it if you are a high school student in the area.
Pros
15 minute breaks at least every hour to hour and a half
College
Student (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHSeptember 23, 2015
Good liberal arts school with excellent professors. Been awhile since I have been there, but I had a great experience and learned a lot.
Productive and Fun work place with incredible colleagues
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHApril 27, 2015
An incredible working experience and absolutely the best student job for students around Granville ad surrounding areas.
Pros
free launches
Academic Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHOctober 21, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Denison University for the past 2 years. I enjoy interacting with the students and faculty on a daily basis. The university has been a wonderful stepping stone for me as I work toward my Masters Degree.
Pros
Wonderful Faculty and Students
Cons
Health Care Costs
Great job and great place to work
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Granville OhioSeptember 5, 2014
Very rewarding and supervisors value ideas and opinions. Pay is great and so are the benifits.
Balanced Education Curriculum
Student Network Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Located 30 minute east of Columbus, the small liberal arts college offers a wide range of opportunities both in academics and social life.
Pros
Resourceful
Cons
Located in a small town
Academic Employment
Costume Designer, Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHJuly 18, 2014
As a resident assistant we created a positive, safe and enjoyable college experience for all staff and students. As a Designer I created exceptional designs for each show produced throughout year which included students and academic and professional staff.
Well rounded job for work/study
French Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHJune 17, 2014
I got to work with teachers I had to further my studies and help my peers progress with their abilities in the French Language.
Healthy Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Granville OHApril 8, 2014
Great students
Great Administration
Developing Environment
A nice place to work
Athletic Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHDecember 13, 2013
I assisted athletic trainers by providing care to athletes (i.e. providing athletes with ice wraps/baths, bandages, and ultrasounds). I also received medical supplies from the storage closet, cleaning the athletic facility). I also would provide First Aid assistance to sports teams during practice.My co-workers were very nice to work with, and management was very fair. My knowledge of first aid and athletic training treatment increased significantly.I demonstrated the ability to care for athletes as well as skills in First Aid and CPR, of which I received certification for both. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the facility, the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with co-workers.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Cleaning the training room
A place where student thrive
Student Assistant in French (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHNovember 17, 2013
This university provide plenty to opportunities to grow and lead. Classes are small, and study spaces are plenty. You can always find a job on campus if you want to work. Your professors are always there as a resource.
Pros
Plenty of resources
Cons
Too many hills!